Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,126 members, 7,811,177 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:13 AM

end - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / end (1018 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

end by trojanking(m): 4:21pm On Jan 04, 2012
Hello
Re: end by MrCork17: 4:44pm On Jan 04, 2012
black women! angry
Re: end by Nobody: 7:06pm On Jan 04, 2012
divorce this demon QUICK (at whatever cost), and be done with it!!!!!!
Re: end by doctokwus: 7:59pm On Jan 04, 2012
Op mentioning specific properties& so much emphasis on their monetary values.Sth to me doesn't sound right in about dis story,I may b wrong though,but I wonder a man who will come on an anonymous forum& start bragging about owning this & that in this& that place,valued @this or that million,what is d need for all that in a genuine tale?.Or maybe,am just a natural doubter of nigerian tales.
Re: end by trojanking(m): 8:03pm On Jan 04, 2012
finito
Re: end by CalienteMi: 8:12pm On Jan 04, 2012
Are you taking your son back with you to London?  If not, then it would be sensible to leave a house for your son to live. 

If these properties were incurred before the marriage then it is your sole property, any property purchased, donated, or borrowed during the course of marriage is communal property however Nigeria law may have different stipulations. 

You should be consulting with a lawyer about your options but be sensible when discussing assets unless you are taking your son with you.
Re: end by pendo89(f): 8:14pm On Jan 04, 2012
Wow! the very reason I support prenups! less headache.
ok lawyer show up and save a soul
Re: end by trojanking(m): 8:19pm On Jan 04, 2012
@CalienteMi thanks for your contribution,
Re: end by doeeyed: 2:00am On Jan 05, 2012
Need some legal advice here mate.

Have all mediation efforts failed?? Tried understanding her.might just be insecurity, lack of maturity n ur impatience.
changing the documents to another relative's name could be a potential minefield: so many what ifs. What about incorporating them under a firm, tax issues may arise but hopefully it precludes her getting her hands on ur stuff.

Totally agree wt pendo89, prenups r the way. A little late now.  undecided  undecided

Keep us posted, hopefully u repair ur home.
Re: end by eatme: 2:37am On Jan 05, 2012
It would be interesting to sit-in on a Naija divorce proceeding.
Re: end by trojanking(m): 3:28am On Jan 05, 2012
@doe-eyed I spoke to a friend sometime hat so ever.
Re: end by plaetton: 3:49am On Jan 05, 2012
I am not a lawyer, but the little I know is that if you can show proof that she has been unfaithful, then divorcing her, getting child custody and securing your properties would be much easier for you. If you suspect that she is unfaithful and you need proof, then my advice to you is to buy the lates blackberry, Iphone or Android mobile phone, load the phone with surveilance software you can buy on the internet, send it to her as a valentine gift, then sit back and monitor her calls, text messages and email right on your computer of smart phone in the Uk. If she is unfaithfull, in no time, you would get all the evidence and leverage you need to secure a neat divorce, get custody of yours son and your properties.
My 2 cents.
Re: end by paragonpro: 4:40am On Jan 05, 2012
I do not think you should rush things or make hasty decisions. I believe divorce should be a last resort. I do not like the fact that you threaten her with divorce over minor disagreements. Since you must have loved her before you took her to the alter, you must at least give the marriage a chance. I suggest you two should sit down and pour each others heart out. You should tell her your grievances and let her pour out hers. There might be something that makes her behave the way she does, maybe it is distrust or something she was told by another person. If she had not been unfaithful, then she must still respect the marriage.

But if everything fails and you feel divorce is the only option, you should also not rush things, talk to your lawyer. Nigerias divorce laws is not as stringent as those of the UK or US. She is only entitled to get the house she is living now and maybe another one purchased during the marriage. Changing the papers might bring in its own complications as you do not know what plans she has, she might have made copies of them.

Then you have to think about your child, he might be too young to be away from his mother and I am sure with your schedule, you will not be able to provide parental care for him.

My two litres
Re: end by Tafiki: 5:01am On Jan 05, 2012
I get ur pain and all but why the hell would u want to take the child from her? is she a bad mom? has she shown u that she neglects or abuses the child? why would u want to take a child from their primary caregiver just cos ur getting a divorce? i cant understand why SOME people think its ok to take a child from a perfectly good situation just out of spite. If u are the childs primary caregiver, no one would be arguing with u keeping him but his mom has been his primary caregiver and has offended u, not him. Get the divorce and maintain a relationship with ur child. if u feel she isnt taking proper care of ur child, then u can make an issue. damn
Re: end by trojanking(m): 10:46am On Jan 05, 2012
@Tafiki
Re: end by claremont(m): 10:52am On Jan 05, 2012
@OP: You don't need to travel to Nigeria for the sole purpose of divorcing your wife if you don't want to. You can divorce your wife in the UK, and the divorce document will still be valid in Nigeria and elsewhere in the world. That woman fits the classic description of a gold-digger.
Re: end by paragonpro: 11:17am On Jan 05, 2012
@ OP, the issue of going to a carnival against your orders is a very minor offense, especially if she is socially and emotionally attached to the event, since you said she never misses it. I am married and my wife is sometimes very stobborn, when she goes against my wishes I avoid her for days, then when her head comes down, we sit down and discuss it. She would apologize and we make up, until she becomes irrational again. The good thing is the frequency of her stobborness has greatly reduced. I think you should make some compromises yourself, why not go with her on one occasion to see why she is so attached to the carnival.

You come across as a stiff, boring effico. why is it that it is mainly your wealth that is on your mind. I hope you did not use your wealth to attract your wife to marry you? If you did, then your relationship was not based on love. Have you not wondered why very rich people get lots of sex but no love?

My own take is if you believe your wife truly loves you, I suggest you work things out with her, but if you truly believe she just want your money, then move on.
@ clarmont

You would make a bad judge, you have already found the wife guilty without hearing her side of the story. She might have her own complaints against our brother here too. It is best not to take sides and see what help you can render both parties.
Re: end by Nobody: 11:37am On Jan 05, 2012
I have seen spurious stories, but this one carries the day!

Utter Nonsensical story that befits Nollywood. I like the way you set the story though!
Re: end by trojanking(m): 11:50am On Jan 05, 2012
rr
Re: end by paragonpro: 12:08pm On Jan 05, 2012
^^^
I sincerely feel for you, you are a really brave guy, you took a huge risk by marrying and having unprotected sex with a woman. you really need legal advice, Nigerian lawyer not British lawyer, who understand how the Nigerian system works.
Re: end by Tafiki: 11:06pm On Jan 05, 2012
Trojanking, so taking the child from her would make her want to see u? try to figure out a way to reach an agreement regarding seeing/visiting ur child. Taking ur child from his comfort zone, his primary care giver and most importantly,his MOTHER is wicked. Unless she is mistreating him or incapable of taking proper care of him, you have no right, legal or moral sef, to take that child from his mother. so wat, u remarry and the next woman is raising another womans child? unfair. check ur self. All ur saying here is concerning issues between YOU and YOUR WIFE. Dont be spiteful by taking the child from his mom. Unless theres further gist ur not sharing with us.
Re: end by doeeyed: 11:07pm On Jan 05, 2012
With this new revelations, e get as e bi.

U sure she didn't pick it up during operations, blood transfusions etc. As these r also sources of infection.

Divine intervention is needed here. U dey bold, bros to be having unprotected SI. There r different IVF techniques available for couples in ur situation.

Except if her viral load is pretty low.

God will help u in this matter,
Re: end by Nobody: 11:39pm On Jan 05, 2012
[size=20pt]@OP:
YOU SEEM TO BE HAVING WOMAN PROBLEMS

I FEEL SORRY FOR YOU SON

I MYSELF GOT 99 PROBLEMS

BUT A B@TCH AINT ONE
[/size]
Re: end by HISchild: 1:03am On Jan 06, 2012
"Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder." - Matt 19:6

"Husbands, love your wives, and be not bitter against them." - Col 3:19

"So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself. For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church:" - Eph 5:28-29

It isn't easy, but pray for GOD's strength to love your wife unconditionally. In essence, what's yours is hers and what's her's is yours. It is "for better of for worse, until death do you part." Your love and affection and prayers just may cause, by GOD's mercy, a change of heart in her for the better. Salvage, don't destroy further.

humbly
Re: end by Mynd44: 8:08am On Jan 06, 2012
This just smells of Yahoo yahoo. I mean who give details of what he owns online?
Re: end by trojanking(m): 8:57am On Jan 06, 2012
Thanks guys

(1) (Reply)

Love Letter From Chukwuemeka To Adaeze / How To Overcome Shyness Wit Girls? / My Fiance Poured Hot Stew On Me – Woman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.