Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,583 members, 7,812,906 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:58 PM

Nlc To Shut Down Airports, Banks, Etc - Advises Masses To Stockpile. Who Loses? - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nlc To Shut Down Airports, Banks, Etc - Advises Masses To Stockpile. Who Loses? (19940 Views)

NLC To Senators: Return Exotic Cars Or Face The Wrath Of Nigerians / NLC To Declare Nationwide Strike Against Electricity Tariff Hike, Fuel Scarcity / Strength And Weaknesses Of APC Presidential Aspirants: Who Wins, Who Loses? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nlc To Shut Down Airports, Banks, Etc - Advises Masses To Stockpile. Who Loses? by okoagwu(m): 5:48pm On Jan 08, 2012
government looses but the is that the poor masses are the ones who suffer it cos they don't have much to rely on after they have loose much on their xmas celebration
Re: Nlc To Shut Down Airports, Banks, Etc - Advises Masses To Stockpile. Who Loses? by odixmenu(m): 1:46am On Jan 09, 2012
removal of subsidy is de last straw dat will kill d camel[Naija] and any all sensible and well informed Nigerian should arise together so we could collectively occupy Nigeria. our land is grossly polluted with corruption nd it needs cleansing, let us 4get sentiments nd act now.
Re: Nlc To Shut Down Airports, Banks, Etc - Advises Masses To Stockpile. Who Loses? by hisperform(m): 7:52am On Jan 09, 2012
For heaven seek what are you occupying? Are you not a Nigerian? if you are not, then, you should be thinking of occupying. The NLC strike is going to paralysis you and me at least for a minute or more. Have you had any promises from the GEJ before? He said "I mean my words" so, let's giving a chance. Many leaders have said that before and never kept their words. What did you do? OCCUPY!!! No country recover easily from any form of crisis or war. So don't start one.
Re: Nlc To Shut Down Airports, Banks, Etc - Advises Masses To Stockpile. Who Loses? by otokx(m): 8:32am On Jan 09, 2012
subsidy is a big scam
Re: Nlc To Shut Down Airports, Banks, Etc - Advises Masses To Stockpile. Who Loses? by ifyalways(f): 10:13am On Jan 09, 2012
Watching Ubani of SNG @ Channels and he's sooooo right on point.Love the inscription on his shirt,it reads "I love my country,it is the Government I am afraid of" lolz

Anywayz,BA is flying.Arik from Abuja airport is flying too.
Re: Nlc To Shut Down Airports, Banks, Etc - Advises Masses To Stockpile. Who Loses? by Lagosboy: 12:34pm On Jan 09, 2012
ifyalways:

Watching Ubani of SNG @ Channels and he's sooooo right on point.Love the inscription on his shirt,it reads "I love my country,it is the Government I am afraid of" lolz

Anywayz,BA is flying.Arik from Abuja airport is flying too.

Aunty where u come dey all these years nah? pls shoot me a mail. Hope evrything is cool though!
Re: Nlc To Shut Down Airports, Banks, Etc - Advises Masses To Stockpile. Who Loses? by ifyalways(f): 12:48pm On Jan 09, 2012
^LB ! Salams.
would do so asap.
Re: Nlc To Shut Down Airports, Banks, Etc - Advises Masses To Stockpile. Who Loses? by jason123: 1:08pm On Jan 09, 2012

GOD WILL SURELY JUDGE!
Re: Nlc To Shut Down Airports, Banks, Etc - Advises Masses To Stockpile. Who Loses? by martinosi: 3:43pm On Jan 09, 2012
IMF Head Christine Lagarde Told GEJ To Remove Fuel Subsidy!

Not a nice way to start the New Year in Nigeria -

Christine Lagarde [/b]the Head of the IMF pressurized President Johnathan Goodluck of Nigeria
and the Presidents of Guinea, Cameroon, Ghana and Chad to remove their fuel subsidies
so that the funds can be diverted to the Soveriegn Wealth Funds with the IMF/World Bank
told the countries to set up to be invested in Western Countries -

Nigerians are protesting on the street but the President Johnathan is just a puppet of
his mistress Christine Lagarde !!!

NIGERIA BEHOLD YOUR REAL LEADER -

Christine Lagarde

See us your Nigerian CBN Govornor & Other top Official are selling us Out!!!

Here is the proof of what is really happening and behind the riots
in Nigeria, Guinea, Cameroon, Ghana and Chad

[b]IMF Forces African Nations to Remove Fuel Subsidies

January, 1, 2012

NewsRescue- Joining Guinea, Cameroon, Ghana and Chad, Nigeria on New Years day removed fuel subsidies in accordance with an order from the IMF (International Monetary Fund). This created a jump in the price of automobile fuel from about 65 Naira per liter to 140Naira per liter overnight, Sunday. This brings fuel/gas prices in Nigeria to about the same price it is in the US, though lower than many European nations.

http://www.newsrescue.com/2012/01/imf-forces-african-nations-to-remove-fuel-subsidies/

http://globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=28520
Re: Nlc To Shut Down Airports, Banks, Etc - Advises Masses To Stockpile. Who Loses? by lekerenike: 12:12pm On Jan 12, 2012
Re: Nlc To Shut Down Airports, Banks, Etc - Advises Masses To Stockpile. Who Loses? by karlmax2: 1:00pm On Jan 12, 2012
* Says it lacks jurisdiction over issues of subsidy removal

By Ikechukwu Nnochiri

ABUJA – The National Industrial Court, NIC, yesterday, told the Federal Government that it would not exercise its jurisdiction on any issue that bothers on oil subsidy removal.

The court which made the declaration after it denounced what it called “insinuation from some quarters that a ‘black market injunction’ was obtained by the Hon. Attorney General of the Federation from the NIC”, insisted  that the order it made on January 6 stopping the Nigeria Labour Congress, NLC and the Trade Union Congress, TUC, from embarking on strike, “was to avoid break down of law and order and to ensure that there is industrial peace and harmony in the country.”

Briefing newsmen in Abuja yesterday, the Chief Registrar of the NIC, Mrs Rekiya Bosade Haastrup, said the reason why the court slated today to hear the suit that was filed before it by the federal government was to create a platform for all the parties involved in the ongoing industrial impasse, “to argue their case and to avail the parties ample time to reconcile their differences, make consultations and avoid likely loss of revenue, lives and avoidance of any unforeseen ugly incidents.”

A press statement  issued by the court yesterday reads in part: “The attention of the NIC has been drawn to some distortion of facts being peddled about in the press regarding the ruling delivered by the court on Friday 6th January 2012 on the suit No. NICN/ABJ/03/2012; Attorney General of the Federation AND the Nigeria Labour Congress, (NLC) & Trade Union Congress, (TUC).

“The above suit was filed in the court with a motion Ex-parte and Motion on Notice with affidavit of urgency.

“After perusing the case file, his lordship, the Hon. President of the court listed it for hearing in view of the urgency and a panel of three judges was assigned to hear the motion Ex-parte. The reason adduced for granting the order was clear and unambiguous.

“The panel relied on the precedent in a Court of Appeal decision I the suit between Oshiomole & Anr. V FGN & Anr. (2007) 7 NLLR (pt. 18) page 164 at 189, where his lordship Ibrahim Tanko Mohammed (JCA) as he then was, now JSC, was in delivering the lead judgment had this to say;

“One can understand the spirit of the respondents which seems to be geared towards achieving better social economic conditions for their members and the generality of the citizenry of this great nation. That is alright. But by embarking on strikes, I dare say, the problem will be more compounded. I believe that meaningful discussions, dialogues and conciliations, rather than strike, will achieve more positive results to the satisfaction of both parties, and the general citizenry.”

“The court gave an order in the open court in the full glare of members of the public and the press in attendance. Order of the court was published in a number of national newspapers as substituted service.

“Part of the prayer of the appellant bothers on issues of oil subsidy removal. But the court made it clear in open court that it lacks jurisdiction on the matter. “section 7 (1b) of the National Industrial Court Act (NICA) 2006 and section 254 (c ) sub-section (1c) of the 1999 constitution, as amended, confers jurisdiction on the NICN on matter concerning strikes- matters before the court between the AGF and the NLC and TUC.

“The court declined jurisdiction on two of the prayers of the appellant which were clearly outside the jurisdiction of the court.

“The order of the court was not obtained by fraud as being peddled in some quarters. The order as given by a competent court of the land is still subsisting and ought to be respected by all parties.

“the insinuation from some quarters that a ‘black market injunction’ was obtained by the AGF from the NIC is no doubt misleading, baseless and has no iota of truth in such whatsoever.

And they are about to lose their JOB a shamebut good for unemployment
Re: Nlc To Shut Down Airports, Banks, Etc - Advises Masses To Stockpile. Who Loses? by abeylevels(m): 1:53pm On Jan 12, 2012
To strengthen this strike action, I am glad that NUPENG are about to join.
However, NLC will get more results if Boko Haram and Kidnappers join in the "war against subsidy"

How?

1.Let Boko haram do what it knows best(Bomblast & smoke) in the Abuja and everywhere these FG officials and President breathe.

2. Let Kidnappers kidnap Jonathans Mum(if she is alive), and other family members of the foolish PDP senators.
Then give the condition for their release as reversal or suspension of the removal of oil susbidy
You will all be surprised that within 24hrs Jonathan will yield to our request.

JONATHAN SHOULD HAVE LEARNT FROM WHAT HAPPENED TO LYBIAN AND EGYPTIAN LEADERS

Please , pass this message round to your neighbour if they are members of Boko-Haram or Kidnapping community
Re: Nlc To Shut Down Airports, Banks, Etc - Advises Masses To Stockpile. Who Loses? by Mogidi: 9:29pm On Jan 12, 2012
abeylevels:

To strengthen this strike action, I am glad that NUPENG are about to join.
However, NLC will get more results if Boko Haram and Kidnappers join in the "war against subsidy"

How?

1.Let Boko haram do what it knows best(Bomblast & smoke) in the Abuja and everywhere these FG officials and President breathe.

2. Let Kidnappers kidnap Jonathans Mum(if she is alive), and other family members of the foolish PDP senators.

You dey yarn dust. I hope they kidnap your mum first, then you'd know to guard your utterances.
Re: Nlc To Shut Down Airports, Banks, Etc - Advises Masses To Stockpile. Who Loses? by Kobojunkie: 6:53am On Jan 13, 2012
Am I to believe that, once again, rather than negotiating with ALL groups out there that comprise the Nigerian people, the Government has instead chosen to only negotiate this with the NLC?

If this is the case, then it is in the interest of every single Nigerian out there to inundate NLC with their requests and to demand the group make no groups with the Government that the people, as a majority, do not agree on.  ASUU, Market women's unions, Trade Associations, Professional Groups, etc, all ought to be at that negotiations table and all ought to be able to equally vote, since they are also groups that represent, to a degree, the Nigerian people.
I am not certain exactly when NLC became the only voice of Nigerians and it would it be sad if the Government has chosen to see it that way.
Re: Nlc To Shut Down Airports, Banks, Etc - Advises Masses To Stockpile. Who Loses? by efisher(m): 7:02am On Jan 13, 2012
^ That would be a very rowdy meeting. The ideal thing is for NLC / TUC to have engaged all the others and come up with a position b4 meeting FG.
Re: Nlc To Shut Down Airports, Banks, Etc - Advises Masses To Stockpile. Who Loses? by Kobojunkie: 7:09am On Jan 13, 2012
Am I to believe that, once again, rather than negotiating with ALL groups out there that comprise the Nigerian people, the Government has instead chosen to only negotiate this with the NLC?

If this is the case, then it is in the interest of every single Nigerian out there to inundate NLC with their requests and to demand the group make no groups with the Government that the people, as a majority, do not agree on.  ASUU, Market women's unions, Trade Associations, Professional Groups, etc, all ought to be at that negotiations table and all ought to be able to equally vote, since they are also groups that represent, to a degree, the Nigerian people.
I am not certain exactly when NLC became the only voice of Nigerians and it would it be sad if the Government has chosen to see it that way.
Re: Nlc To Shut Down Airports, Banks, Etc - Advises Masses To Stockpile. Who Loses? by schoolboi: 10:23pm On Jan 13, 2012
Re: Nlc To Shut Down Airports, Banks, Etc - Advises Masses To Stockpile. Who Loses? by jamace(m): 12:00am On Jan 15, 2012
Talks between FG and Labour ends in deadlock.

Nigerians come out enmasse and fight for your right. If you want freedom, you must be pepared for war. No retreat, no surrender. ALUTA CONTINUA!
Re: Nlc To Shut Down Airports, Banks, Etc - Advises Masses To Stockpile. Who Loses? by filia4real(m): 7:58pm On Jan 15, 2012
Nlc should be negotiating 100k minimum wage 4 workers instead of wasting their time on fuel subsidy that had already been removed
Re: Nlc To Shut Down Airports, Banks, Etc - Advises Masses To Stockpile. Who Loses? by jamace(m): 10:26am On Jan 16, 2012
^^^It means the strike will continue. ALUTA CONTINUA!
Re: Nlc To Shut Down Airports, Banks, Etc - Advises Masses To Stockpile. Who Loses? by ACM10: 4:37pm On Jan 16, 2012
We all know that these labour peeps are sell-out.

It takes a bunch of brainless id!ots to trust them.

That's why Igbo traders refused to join them from day one of their mass hysteria.

In their little mind, they think that they won in the standoff with Jona.

It has always been their pattern all the years.

First, they will inflame people's emotion with their comments.

Then exploit the anger of the masses.

Only for them to go to the back and cut deal with the govt.

Leaving the stup!d masses high and dry.

Too bad that some folks sacrificed their life in this id!ocy.

Igbo people are the most sensible in this debacle for refusing to join up in this group id!ocy.

At the end, nothing is achieved, nothing changes and the little gain of these id!ots will soon be reversed.

mtcheeew. . .phantom country with foolish masses. embarassed

It takes an id!ots to be led by f[i]o[/i]ols

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

#ondodecides2016: Supreme Court Updates / Enugu: Lawrence Eze Decamps Back To PDP, Received By Governor / Despite Clocking 60: Accountant-General Idris & Boboye Oyeyemi Still In Office

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.