Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,176 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:01 AM

Ogun Wades Into Yoruba/ Fulani Killings - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ogun Wades Into Yoruba/ Fulani Killings (1233 Views)

Why Enugu Governor Will Not React To Fulani Killings. / Yoruba,fulani Would Have Gone To War If I Was Killed-falae / Yoruba/fulani Feud Will Soon Be Over - Commissioner Muyiwa Oladipo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ogun Wades Into Yoruba/ Fulani Killings by Onlytruth(m): 2:27am On Jan 05, 2012
[size=16pt]Ogun wades into Yoruba/ Fulani killings[/size]

By DAUD OLATUNJI
ABEOKUTA—Ogun State Government yesterday waded into the crisis between Fulani herdsmen and  Yoruba communities in Yewa-North Local Government Area of the state following the recent fracas over grazing rights.

At the meeting, the two warring groups were urged to sheathe their swords and embrace peace.

Skirmishes were said to have occurred in communities like Eggua, Igan-Alade, Igan-Okoto, Igbogila, Imeko, Imala and Iselu towns during which property worth several millions of Naira were reportedly destroyed and unspecified number of people killed.

Present at the meeting  were the Chairman of the Caretaker Committee for Yewa-North Local Government, Kunle Elegbede, Special Adviser to the Governor on Security, Sola Akinduro, representatives of the Commissioner of Police and the State Director of State Security Service, Serikin Fulani of Eggua, Serikin Hausawa of Egbaland, royal

fathers from the warring communities as well as representatives of the herdsmen.

Commissioner for Agriculture, Ayo Olubori, who chaired the meeting, after listening to complaints from both sides, appealed to the warring parties to maintain peace, warning that the state government would not condone any acts of lawlessness.

The Special Adviser revealed that as  former Assistant Commissioner of Police in charge of operations in the state in 2005, he had advised that  all those found  culpable in the disturbances be

made to face the law to serve as a deterrent to others, but the then government decided to ignore the report.

He asked that a particular portion of land be earmarked as grazing zone, stressing that “if we do that no herdsman should be found grazing outside the zone.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/01/ogun-wades-into-yoruba-fulani-killings/
Re: Ogun Wades Into Yoruba/ Fulani Killings by Onlytruth(m): 2:29am On Jan 05, 2012
Okay this is what a commentator said:

DanielJustice

This is an attempt to claim land in Yorubaland, and must be resisted with MAXIMUM FORCE. There is definitely a campaign by the Fulani for more territory in Nigeria, and they are going about it in a very direct fashion. They had better start packing out of Yorubaland. If the Yorubas know what's good for them, they'll send them packing now, or else these people will claim their land and become the "indigenes" as they're doing in Nassarrawa, Benue and Plateau states now!!! Yoruba, shine your eyes. Hopefully, you people are not stupid enough to think that these are just a few angry herdsmen. THIS IS A CAREFULLY PLANNED WAR FOR TERRITORY, AND THEY ARE COUNTING ON THE STUPIDITY OF NIGERIANS FOR ITS SUCCESS.
Re: Ogun Wades Into Yoruba/ Fulani Killings by oduasolja: 2:31am On Jan 05, 2012
oh boy another tribal war looming.
Re: Ogun Wades Into Yoruba/ Fulani Killings by aljharem3: 2:33am On Jan 05, 2012
Dude, no one has time for ur rant

if you notice people have been ignoring una baifrans aka tribalist since yesterday until this saga is over

Once it is over I and others would have time to give you ur fix as required. As of now stop promoting tribalism

Already, North-central people on tweeter are asking why South-east is in and some are saying they are too tribalistic

Don't worry, when I have time I would do a proper job by putting you in ur place. Ok !!!
Re: Ogun Wades Into Yoruba/ Fulani Killings by Onlytruth(m): 2:39am On Jan 05, 2012
Here is my take.

For many years now, there have been series of Fulani herdsmen vs others in different parts of Nigeria. In most cases, these skirmishes have led to loss of lives. Each time that happens, it reminds me of the REAL ISSUES in Nigeria. The issues which hypocrites have stoutly refused to address. That is the issue of indigene/Settler conundrums in different parts of Nigeria.
Lives continue to be lost in these conflicts, but I don't see NLC or any other group going out to march.
Boko Haram has been detonating bombs in Northern parts of Nigeria killing many innocent people. I still don't see anybody calling for mass action to stop them/force the government to stop them.

Now, dishonest activists are out there baying for blood over a policy, the impact of which many argue may not be as bad as it is being portrayed. When some of us refuse to support it and insist on a fundamental solution to all the Nigerian problems, those groups call us all sorts of names.

Why not organize a mass action to restructure Nigeria and solve all these nonsense problems which are soluble by simple constitutional amendments? The day y'all will get serious, we will know!

Here I stand!
Re: Ogun Wades Into Yoruba/ Fulani Killings by 2mch(m): 2:41am On Jan 05, 2012
We are not distracted. Suck balls man. Yoruba's are not like you. We dont have your mentality. There is a focus now. You people can wallow and wait for this failing empire to crash.
Re: Ogun Wades Into Yoruba/ Fulani Killings by Onlytruth(m): 2:48am On Jan 05, 2012
2mch:

We are not distracted. Suck balls man. Yoruba's are not like you. We dont have your mentality. There is a focus now. You people can wallow and wait for this failing empire to crash.

You will not see us come out because we are far smarter than y'all can ever be.
There are FUNDAMENTAL problems in Nigeria, and no one is interested in them. What y'all are interested in is some opportunity to topple a man you hated for nothing from day one. YOU WILL NOT SEE A SANE IGBO NEAR THOSE RALLIES. cool cool

If you start demonstrating for RESTRUCTURING OF NIGERIA or SNC, you will see us in numbers.
So, carry go.
Meanwhile, I know that this Fulani/Yoruba trouble or Fulani/Others problems will never end in Nigeria. More lives will still be lost tomorrow.
Pathologically dishonest folks.
Re: Ogun Wades Into Yoruba/ Fulani Killings by 2mch(m): 2:52am On Jan 05, 2012
I thought SS and SE got this? Maybe SE and one state in SS. That is why history always remembers the SE. Your opinion is not the majority, so i am not going to go where you want to go. I have seen a lot of Igbo's step out and protest against the fuel subsidy. I watached on Channels TV a very brilliant lawyer of Igbo origin give a very good analysis of the situation so Mr. man you are on your own. You and Beaf are the only ones jumping up and down, where the SE is divided on the issue. Know this, no Yoruba will fall for your trap. Everyone should ignore this thread and focus on showing this government that we own Nigeria.
Re: Ogun Wades Into Yoruba/ Fulani Killings by Onlytruth(m): 3:01am On Jan 05, 2012
2mch:

I thought SS and SE got this? Maybe SE and one state in SS. That is why history always remembers the SE. Your opinion is not the majority, so i am not going to go where you want to go. I have seen a lot of Igbo's step out and protest against the fuel subsidy. I watached on Channels TV a very brilliant lawyer of Igbo origin give a very good analysis of the situation so Mr. man you are on your own. You and Beaf are the only ones jumping up and down, where the SE is divided on the issue. Know this, no Yoruba will fall for your trap. Everyone should ignore this thread and focus on showing this government that we own Nigeria.

The Nigeria that you used to own is no more my friend. It ended when Jonathan entered. When he is done, you will not recognize it again. Subsidy is GONE FOR GOOD. Live with it. kiss
It's your business what you do with this thread. Mine was to let you know that most of you are dying in your land silently. wink
Re: Ogun Wades Into Yoruba/ Fulani Killings by aljharem3: 3:04am On Jan 05, 2012
Onlytruth:

The Nigeria that you used to own is no more my friend. It ended when Jonathan entered. When he is done, you will not recognize it again. Subsidy is GONE FOR GOOD. Live with it. kiss
It's your business what you do with this thread. Mine was to let you know that most of you are dying in your land silently. wink

why are u kissing and winking at dying people ?

hmmm ok i know what to do
Re: Ogun Wades Into Yoruba/ Fulani Killings by NegroNtns(m): 3:48am On Jan 05, 2012
Okay this is what a commentator said:

DanielJustice

This is an attempt to claim land in Yorubaland, and must be resisted with MAXIMUM FORCE. There is definitely a campaign by the Fulani for more territory in Nigeria, and they are going about it in a very direct fashion. They had better start packing out of Yorubaland. If the Yorubas know what's good for them, they'll send them packing now, or else these people will claim their land and become the "indigenes" as they're doing in Nassarrawa, Benue and Plateau states now!!! Yoruba, shine your eyes. Hopefully, you people are not silly enough to think that these are just a few angry herdsmen. THIS IS A CAREFULLY PLANNED WAR FOR TERRITORY, AND THEY ARE COUNTING ON THE STUPIDITY OF NIGERIANS FOR ITS SUCCESS.

I agree.

He asked that a particular portion of land be earmarked as grazing zone, stressing that “if we do that no herdsman should be found grazing outside the zone.”

. . . . and if they fight for more territory what should be done then, yield more land This suegbe need to be fired from govt work and sent to Maiduguri.
Re: Ogun Wades Into Yoruba/ Fulani Killings by Nchara: 4:05am On Jan 05, 2012
Hahaha

I dey laugh ohhhhh!!!!!!!!!
O ti bere no ni. wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink
Re: Ogun Wades Into Yoruba/ Fulani Killings by Beaf: 4:23am On Jan 05, 2012
2mch:

Your king, Gbawe was in a deep quandry, struggling to untie his tongue, only to trample and tie it further after he uttered those same unfortunate bolded words.
Regret always comes too late to the empty and brash.

Nigeria has changed forever, but you will not notice it.

(1) (Reply)

An Eye For An Eye In Jos Yesterday / More ''good News'' From Northern Nigeria / Legislators Spend N5.2 Billion Per Bill In Two Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.