Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,742 members, 7,824,141 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:15 AM

Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou - Travel (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou (221508 Views)

Relocating To Cotonou / Pls I Need Guide On How To Get To Cotonou And Also Where To Get Things Cheap / Cotonou, Benin Republic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (46) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by zhukafa(m): 9:05am On Jul 21, 2015
oluv:
Hi all, i plan on traveling to Cotonou with my husband for a few days after our wedding in September. Kindly give me names or information/ location of affordable / safe hotels that have beaches, with their prices. Thank you house.

please go throught the post. some hotels has been mentioned here
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by studentforb: 9:46am On Jul 21, 2015
Any body here? I need help , may be some one you know that lives their
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by iyb(m): 11:46am On Jul 21, 2015
studentforb:
Any body here?
I need help , may be some one you know that lives their
Songhai farm has a hotel inside it you could stay there.how long are you staying in porto novo
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by pickabeau1: 1:34pm On Jul 21, 2015
zhukafa:

To get your passport stamped at the seme boarder would not be more than 3k, as i dont know the current amount charged now. But wont be above 3k.
Please why are u paying to stamp your passport
I thought its visa free(ecowas)

1 Like

Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by pickabeau1: 1:37pm On Jul 21, 2015
Ugosample:

I stayed at guesthouse haie vive. I paid 15000 Francs per night, though there are rooms for 8000 Francs. The address is 213 haie vive
It's beside Lambis bar. Their services are very good.

Nice one
is this in the main city or outskirts

What night spots are available?
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by Ugosample(m): 2:01pm On Jul 21, 2015
pickabeau1:

Please why are u paying to stamp your passport
I thought its visa free(ecowas)
Go there with thay mindset, and I am sorry for you, If it's your first time, carry like 5 k for stamping to and fro.

Nigeria's corruption is reflected at that border.
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by Ugosample(m): 2:08pm On Jul 21, 2015
pickabeau1:

Nice one
is this in the main city or outskirts

What night spots are available?

It's in one of Cotonou's best neighbourhoods.
Five mins away from the airport.
Nice area.
The fun thing about Cotonou is that every corner you turn, you'll see a bar, lounge or something.
Amazing city with unique energy.
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by pickabeau1: 2:55pm On Jul 21, 2015
Ugosample:

Go there with thay mindset, and I am sorry for you, If it's your first time, carry like 5 k for stamping to and fro.

Nigeria's corruption is reflected at that border.

What I mean is what exactly are you paying for and what happens if you don't pay

Will you be denied entry

Ugosample:

It's in one of Cotonou's best neighbourhoods.
Five mins away from the airport.
Nice area.
The fun thing about Cotonou is that every corner you turn, you'll see a bar, lounge or something.
Amazing city with unique energy.

Nice one

Do they have hotel Apartments

How does one get there..

Did you go via ABC motors?
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by studentforb: 3:03pm On Jul 21, 2015
I want to school there please I need accommodation 1 bedroom self contain
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by oluv(f): 4:12pm On Jul 21, 2015
zhukafa:

please go throught the post. some hotels has been mentioned here

Thanks Zhukafa, but i didnt see any beach hotels mentioned. Kindly give me names if you have, so i can look them up. many thanks
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by Sidewapcom(m): 4:26pm On Jul 22, 2015
Please, I'm visiting Benin rep. By Friday to return on sunday, don't have my passport yet.

Planned going with young shall grow transport.

Do you think I would be granted ticket?

Also, hope I won't have issues with anyone like security issues?
Please I would need urgent response.

Thanks a big bunch
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by crownikky(f): 10:06am On Jul 23, 2015
Pls...am going to cotonu on saturday for my cousin's convocation.....hope I wont av any problem......pls I need ur advice fanks house......
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by morrygreat: 11:14am On Jul 23, 2015
@Zhukafa. Good morning hope you are good sir? Please am going for business can I go with abc? Will I be allow to carry luggage while coming back? Thanks
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by zhukafa(m): 1:04pm On Jul 23, 2015
morrygreat:
@Zhukafa. Good morning hope you are good sir? Please am going for business can I go with abc? Will I be allow to carry luggage while coming back? Thanks

Since its business and we all know that the onus for business is "profit". why not use the medium other business persons use. just my own thinking to save cost.

1 Like

Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by Ugosample(m): 1:05pm On Jul 23, 2015
Some transport companied will sell ticket to you if you have a valid id card, most preferable voter's card or something like that. On getting to Cotonou, have your Id card with you at all tines.
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by morrygreat: 2:16pm On Jul 23, 2015
zhukafa:

Since its business and we all know that the onus for business is "profit". why not use the medium other business persons use. just my own thinking to save cost.

Okay, thanks so much
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by aimelebon: 8:37pm On Jul 24, 2015
@zhukafa well done. I wonder if you have an advice for those parents that are still discouraging instead of encouraging their children to put more effort in learning french. I'm a french teacher. not a common one, I'm saying that because I know many that claim to be a French teacher but are not able to pronounce or to spell many words. Moreover many are not able to construct a good sentence (so no grammar point in their teaching even though we have grammar, and so many other things in the scheme of work). Actually I'm not trying to offend anybody, but unfortunately that is the truth of the matter. I'm from a french country and I'm presently teaching (real) french in a school and my student are really enjoying my teaching. But I'm still having some challenges because some parents use to tell their children "french is not our language". So some of them are not really having interest, therefore they are not putting any effort. And I know, as some have said, they will regret of not paying attention when it will come for them to got to one french country such as Benin, Togo, cameroune,...France,Quebec even some parts of canada.

*Merci beaucoup.
Je vous aime bien, passez une tres belle soiree. A plus
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by zhukafa(m): 10:20pm On Jul 24, 2015
aimelebon:
@zhukafa well done. I wonder if you have an advice for those parents that are still discouraging instead of encouraging their children to put more effort in learning french. I'm a french teacher. not a common one, I'm saying that because I know many that claim to be a French teacher but are not able to pronounce or to spell many words. Moreover many are not able to construct a good sentence (so no grammar point in their teaching even though we have grammar, and so many other things in the scheme of work). Actually I'm not trying to offend anybody, but unfortunately that is the truth of the matter. I'm from a french country and I'm presently teaching (real) french in a school and my student are really enjoying my teaching. But I'm still having some challenges because some parents use to tell their children "french is not our language". So some of them are not really having interest, therefore they are not putting any effort. And I know, as some have said, they will regret of not paying attention when it will come for them to got to one french country such as Benin, Togo, cameroune,...France,Quebec even some parts of canada.

*Merci beaucoup.
Je vous aime bien, passez une tres belle soiree. A plus

Learning French is good likewise other languages eg. Spanish , Chinese etc. so parents are advised to diversify their children in terms of learning languages..

1 Like

Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by aimelebon: 1:15am On Jul 25, 2015
You're right. Keeping saying " This or that is not our language" you are going nowhere and soon or late you may be in need of that language. Thanks.
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by Sidewapcom(m): 9:01am On Jul 27, 2015
Returned from cotonou yesterday!
It was more than fun.
No headaches except for Nigerian road safety that almost ruined the journey from its beginning.
Naija na suffer, we dey here.
Come see light and good roads.
I lodged at Golden Bed Hotel at John K.
It was fun fun fun all through.
Even met a honest Nigerian there, popularly known as FEAR GOD(at John K park).
He sells Nigerian fast food.

Some photos

1 Like

Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by pickabeau1: 12:08pm On Jul 27, 2015
Sidewapcom:
It was more than fun.
No headaches except for Nigerian road safety that almost ruined the journey from its beginning.

Some photos

Tell us more
did you go for flex or was it work
What did frsc do?
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by Emmanuelomojo: 2:54pm On Jul 27, 2015
pickabeau1:

Tell us more
did you go for flex or was it work
What did frsc do?
@ pickabeau1 please drop your number or email for us to contact you in order to get clarification. I hope to see your reply soon
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by Emmanuelomojo: 2:58pm On Jul 27, 2015
Sidewapcom:
It was more than fun.

Some photos
@ sidewapcom please drop your contact so that I can contact you please I need some infos because I intend to travel there soon
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by pickabeau1: 8:29pm On Jul 27, 2015
Emmanuelomojo:
please drop your number or email for us to contact you in order to get clarification. I hope to see your reply soon

You can put the help here... thanks

1 Like

Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by Sidewapcom(m): 6:56am On Jul 28, 2015
Emmanuelomojo:
@ sidewapcom please drop your contact so that I can contact you please I need some infos because I intend to travel there soon

Please ask whatever you wish to know here.
I would love to answer you here cos it would help other peeps.
You never could tell...

1 Like

Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by Emmanuelomojo: 9:18am On Jul 28, 2015
Sidewapcom:

Please ask whatever you wish to know here.
I would love to answer you here cos it would help other peeps.
You never could tell...
Sidewapcom na business na you do not expect me to start discussing my business in public. Please your number biko I need to be there latest next week .
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by cutieme(m): 2:16pm On Jul 28, 2015
@sidewapcom,that girl for una pix na Cotonou babe?
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by Sidewapcom(m): 2:29pm On Jul 29, 2015
cutieme:
@sidewapcom,that girl for una pix na Cotonou babe?

No be cotonou Babe oOo
Na from Naija here me and her follow go, moreover, remove your eyes from there!
Na description you need.
Looooooooool

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (46) (Reply)

Poland Work Visa / Where Are Nigerians In Australia . / Nigerians At Ukraine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.