Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,027 members, 7,825,238 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 09:43 AM

Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou - Travel (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou (221552 Views)

Relocating To Cotonou / Pls I Need Guide On How To Get To Cotonou And Also Where To Get Things Cheap / Cotonou, Benin Republic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (46) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by Ugosample(m): 4:52pm On Jul 12, 2015
Am back from Cotonou with a lot of experience Thank you Zhukafa. I'll share my experience later.
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by zhukafa(m): 10:55pm On Jul 12, 2015
Ugosample:
Am back from Cotonou with a lot of experience Thank you Zhukafa. I'll share my experience later.

Thanks, we hope to hear from you so others would learn.
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by Ugosample(m): 5:19pm On Jul 14, 2015
First of all, the only adjective I can use to describe the seme border is chaotic..... If you are using passport to cross for the first time, get ready to be exploited.
From Port health to immigration on both sides, you are sure to spend at least #3500
The health officials were the most annoying. they would collect money without vaccinating you.
Apart from that, Cotonou was fun, and am sure to visit again, as a wiser person.

1 Like

Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by Ugosample(m): 5:27pm On Jul 14, 2015
In Cotonou, the moto taxi (okada) fare is 300FCFA max, don't pay more, and flag down only the ones with yellow vests. The first bike I took scammed me, charged me 500 FCFA. .
Things are generally cheaper in Cotonou than in Lagos. but beware, you may not like their food.
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by zhukafa(m): 5:53pm On Jul 14, 2015
Ugosample:
In Cotonou, the moto taxi (okada) fare is 300FCFA max, don't pay more, and flag down only the ones with yellow vests. The first bike I took scammed me, charged me 500 FCFA. .
Things are generally cheaper in Cotonou than in Lagos. but beware, you may not like their food.

Nice one. But bear in mind that transportation depends on distance. No bike would carry you from Misebo to somewhere like sekandji for 300 cefa. so in all it depends on the distance. Thank God for bringing you back.

1 Like

Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by Ugosample(m): 6:01pm On Jul 14, 2015
zhukafa:

Nice one. But bear in mind that transportation depends on distance. No bike would carry you from Misebo to somewhere like sekandji for 300 cefa. so in all it depends on the distance. Thank God for bringing you back.
Yea true. The bike guy that took me from Haie Vive to Jonquet grumbled when I gave him 300. So you are right.
My experience in Jonquet is story for another day.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by zhukafa(m): 6:04pm On Jul 14, 2015
Ugosample:

Yea true. The bike guy that took me from Haie Vive to Jonquet grumbled when I gave him 300. So you are right.
My experience in Jonquet is story for another day.

Hahahahaha, we are waiting for the full story.
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by pappy2000: 11:10pm On Jul 14, 2015
Please a friend of mine who is a South African citizen is coming to Nigeria but we could not get a Nigerian visa because she lives in Port Elizabeth which is very far from joborg, fortunately Benin Republic is visa free for South African citizens please house can you tell me how she can make the journey from cotnoue airport down to Lagos
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by zhukafa(m): 7:26am On Jul 15, 2015
pappy2000:
Please a friend of mine who is a South African citizen is coming to Nigeria but we could not get a Nigerian visa because she lives in Port Elizabeth which is very far from joborg, fortunately Benin Republic is visa free for South African citizens please house can you tell me how she can make the journey from cotnoue airport down to Lagos

very easy. from cotonou airport to boarder and read my first post on ways to cross the boarder, and he would be in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by cutieme(m): 11:42am On Jul 17, 2015
@ugosample,bro please how is the place compared to Naija in terms of living standard and Accomodation? How their women be too thanks.
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by Ugosample(m): 12:07pm On Jul 17, 2015
cutieme:
@ugosample,bro please how is the place compared to Naija in terms of living standard and Accomodation? How their women be too thanks.
Living standards- If you have your money *like me* tongue grin then you'll have a blast. Everyone respected me during my stay there because I had enough cash to spend, and was generous with it.

Accommodation: Their hotel prices are fair sha, but if you near ibis hotel or Novotel hotel in Cotonou without much cash, you go smell pepper tongue When money finish, na to go hustle for tokpa marker Lol.

Their women? Damn...... *lips sealed* the ones that are not selling by the roadside or something are not bad, and most of them have fat a** grin
Many of them were on bikes with their boyfriends, and were happy with what they could buy for them when I went to play zone, a leisure mall of sorts.
Then if you are ashawo type, jonquet or zongo na your zone
There is language barrier though.
A beg manage this gist, I'll be back with more on request.
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by cutieme(m): 5:23pm On Jul 17, 2015
@ugosample bro so they don't speak or understand English @all?How Naija person go take chyke them?
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by Ugosample(m): 6:44pm On Jul 17, 2015
cutieme:
@ugosample bro so they don't speak or understand English @all?How Naija person go take chyke them?
True. some understand Pidgin and Yoruba. However, have you heard the adage that everyone understand the language of money? That. unlocks it. Any other questions?
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by cutieme(m): 7:08pm On Jul 17, 2015
@ugosample,true talk,so how the city,I mean Cotonou compared to lagos,I'm terms of electricity, security and water. And again will 70,000cfa sustain one for a month over ther
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by Ugosample(m): 8:20pm On Jul 17, 2015
cutieme:
@ugosample,true talk,so how the city,I mean Cotonou compared to lagos,I'm terms of electricity, security and water. And again will 70,000cfa sustain one for a month over ther
Well the only thing I think Cotonou has over Lagos is that it is safe, very safe. You see gendarme everywhere to quell civil misdemeanor.
Also, things are relatively cheaper there than here, and the major reason for this, in my own opinion is that duties are higher here in Nigeria.
In addition, the roads in most cases are either well tarred, or not tarred at all.
Electricity: NEPA dey take light for that side o, it surprised me. The light was off for at least seven hours!! but that was the only experience of power outage, so I'll say it's better.
As for 70,000 Francs for a month. Hmmm make I no lie for you, that amount cannot sort out your food, transport, accommodation and other things like flexing and transport from Lagos to Cotonou.
I know how much I spent within the short time I spent there. Hope this helps.
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by cutieme(m): 9:41am On Jul 18, 2015
@ugosample,thanks for all the info,I appreciate but please like what kind of business can one do there?thanks
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by zhukafa(m): 10:04am On Jul 18, 2015
following .....
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by Ugosample(m): 10:32am On Jul 18, 2015
cutieme:
@ugosample,thanks for all the info,I appreciate but please like what kind of business can one do there?thanks
Wait o.... So migrate you wan migrate? or you just want to know? Well, i made a few contacts there, and from my investigation, those making it in Benin Republic are big time investors, the whites and Asians. Businesses like super stores, leisure malls, hotels etc. As for petty trading and things like that, I don't know o.
Hope this is helpful.
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by Ugosample(m): 10:33am On Jul 18, 2015
zhukafa:
following .....
Oga Zhukafa, you self dey follow? cheesy tongue
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by cutieme(m): 10:44am On Jul 18, 2015
@ugosample,thanks man for the info, I appreciate.

1 Like

Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by Ugosample(m): 10:50am On Jul 18, 2015
You are welcome. Any other questions can be asked, and it would be answered momentarily.
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by zhukafa(m): 11:23am On Jul 18, 2015
Ugosample:
Oga Zhukafa, you self dey follow? cheesy tongue

haahaahaha. its well.
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by 2grozz: 1:47pm On Jul 18, 2015
Hello everyone...
Top of the day to yall...
Read this thread from pages 0-11 and I must say its been very informative...
Am planning on a 3-5 day trip.....port novo, contonou on my mind.
I should be embarking in august....
Just want to find out if anyone will be embarking within this period....
Its going to be my first time....
Thanks for your reply....
Bwt.....good job @ugosample and @zhukafa

1 Like

Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by zhukafa(m): 2:00pm On Jul 18, 2015
2grozz:
Hello everyone... Top of the day to yall... Read this thread from pages 0-11 and I must say its been very informative... Am planning on a 3-5 day trip.....port novo, contonou on my mind. I should be embarking in august.... Just want to find out if anyone will be embarking within this period.... Its going to be my first time.... Thanks for your reply.... Bwt.....good job @ugosample and @zhukafa
Dont know for now, unless business calls.
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by 2grozz: 2:20pm On Jul 18, 2015
zhukafa:

Dont know for now, unless business calls.
Ok! Thank you very much.
I was wondering if I could get a straight car into contonou?
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by 2grozz: 2:42pm On Jul 18, 2015
Thank you zhukafa.....i just checked online and found out that abc has a straight transit bus there.....so i will just go with them and avoid the trouble of half journeys....
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by Ugosample(m): 4:05pm On Jul 18, 2015
2grozz:
Thank you zhukafa.....i just checked online and found out that abc has a straight transit bus there.....so i will just go with them and avoid the trouble of half journeys....
If you can afford it, that's the best thing to do. The bus fare is 6700 going, and 11960 for return ticket. They leave from their Amuwo Odofin terminal only. You need your passport and yellow fever card for this ticket though.
On boarding the bus, trust me, you would have a pleasant journey.

1 Like

Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by 2grozz: 4:46pm On Jul 18, 2015
Ugosample:

If you can afford it, that's the best thing to do. The bus fare is 6700 going, and 11960 for return ticket. They leave from their Amuwo Odofin terminal only. You need your passport and yellow fever card for this ticket though.
On boarding the bus, trust me, you would have a pleasant journey.

For a first timer.....
It isnt a bad idea...
Besides if I was to go the other way....i would have still stamped my passport and some1 here mentioned that it might cost me like 3k5 plus the chaotic nature of the boarder.
So I guess this suits me better.....
Nxt visit I would try the other route.
And left with hotels.....and feeding....
Any advice? Decent hotel with decent price
Thank you
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by Ugosample(m): 5:30pm On Jul 18, 2015
2grozz:

For a first timer.....
It isnt a bad idea...
Besides if I was to go the other way....i would have still stamped my passport and some1 here mentioned that it might cost me like 3k5 plus the chaotic nature of the boarder.
So I guess this suits me better.....
Nxt visit I would try the other route.
And left with hotels.....and feeding....
Any advice? Decent hotel with decent price
Thank you

I stayed at guesthouse haie vive. I paid 15000 Francs per night, though there are rooms for 8000 Francs. The address is 213 haie vive
It's beside Lambis bar. Their services are very good.
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by studentforb: 11:56am On Jul 20, 2015
Please I need an accommodation in porto novo, please help me with prices and links or numbers to call to get accommodation , I will be going monthend from lagos please help
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by zhukafa(m): 2:16pm On Jul 20, 2015
studentforb:
Please I need an accommodation in porto novo, please help me with prices and links or numbers to call to get accommodation , I will be going monthend from lagos please help

i wouldn't know because i don't live there. just going there for business.
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by oluv(f): 8:49am On Jul 21, 2015
Hi all, i plan on traveling to Cotonou with my husband for a few days after our wedding in September. Kindly give me names or information/ location of affordable / safe hotels that have beaches, with their prices. Thank you house.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (46) (Reply)

Poland Work Visa / Where Are Nigerians In Australia . / Nigerians At Ukraine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.