Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,384 members, 7,819,393 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:29 PM

Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou - Travel (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou (221312 Views)

Relocating To Cotonou / Pls I Need Guide On How To Get To Cotonou And Also Where To Get Things Cheap / Cotonou, Benin Republic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (46) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by shady2554: 5:58am On Aug 29, 2015
I know this post has been since 2012, but I need a current info. I want to spend my honeymoon at Cotonou. Please what is the current fare to Cotonou from mile 2. Which town can I get cool relaxation and a nice hotel? I would really appreciate any help.
Thanks
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by zhukafa(m): 10:58pm On Aug 29, 2015
shady2554:
I know this post has been since 2012, but I need a current info. I want to spend my honeymoon at Cotonou. Please what is the current fare to Cotonou from mile 2. Which town can I get cool relaxation and a nice hotel? I would really appreciate any help.
Thanks

Mile 2 to seme boarder is #300 by bus and #600 by taxi . then when you cross the boarder(depends on if you know the ways of crossing seme boarder), you will then enter taxi to cotonue, 1000 cefa.
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by cutieme(m): 8:22am On Aug 30, 2015
zhukafa:

Mile 2 to seme boarder is #300 by bus and #600 by taxi . then when you cross the boarder(depends on if you know the ways of crossing seme boarder), you will then enter taxi to cotonue, 1000 cefa.
Bro please how do one cross the some border and enter Cotonou?How much will one be charged for stamping of passport?
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by coolwisdom(m): 11:53pm On Sep 01, 2015
Ok
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by soulemanlamidi: 2:59am On Sep 02, 2015
hello, freinds, i need advice i want travel to cotonou with my car what are the condition and the requirement in border. thanks
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by Simplesoul05(m): 11:16am On Sep 02, 2015
zhukafa:

nice one zhukafa . can you please organise a trip for some of us who are interested? just a suggestion. it may be once in a month or once in every 2 or 3 months
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by Emmanuelomojo: 3:17pm On Sep 03, 2015
hello. For thos who hav been to onitcha market and tokpa macket are there much differences in the prices of cloths 'men cloths' if the are please giv examples. Answers wil be welcomed
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by Emmanuelomojo: 3:18pm On Sep 03, 2015
hello. For thos who hav been to onitcha market in nigeria and tokpa macket cotonou are there much differences in the prices of new cloths 'men cloths' if the are please giv examples. Answers wil be welcomed
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by zhukafa(m): 6:40pm On Sep 03, 2015
coolwisdom:
Bro please where can i pick bus from mile 2 lagos to idi-iroko boder and how can i cross it and after buying bales in missebo market where can i pick a car thet in cotounu to cross me through idi-iroko boder to lagos

i presume you were the one that called me. so how was the trip. hope the directions where okay.
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by zhukafa(m): 6:42pm On Sep 03, 2015
[quote author=soulemanlamidi post=37580054]hello, freinds, i need advice i want travel to cotonou with my car what are the condition and the requirement in border. thanks[/quote

you would be need to have lesse passiet document to be able to cross it.
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by zhukafa(m): 6:43pm On Sep 03, 2015
Simplesoul05:

nice one zhukafa . can you please organise a trip for some of us who are interested? just a suggestion. it may be once in a month or once in every 2 or 3 months

hahahahahahaha. on whose account.
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by zhukafa(m): 6:47pm On Sep 03, 2015
Emmanuelomojo:
hello. For thos who hav been to onitcha market and tokpa macket are there much differences in the prices of cloths 'men cloths' if the are please giv examples. Answers wil be welcomed

i also presumed you also called me on phone. as i replied you over the phone, take a market assessment trip to cotonue first, then check the difference, if its okay by you, you then do the business. but i shall also say that togo would have been a better more option.
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by cutieme(m): 8:11pm On Sep 03, 2015
zhukafa:

i also presumed you also called me on phone. as i replied you over the phone, take a market assessment trip to cotonue first, then check the difference, if its okay by you, you then do the business. but i shall also say that togo would have been a better more option.
from Cotonou to Togo is how much and how do one go?
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by zhukafa(m): 8:27pm On Sep 03, 2015
cutieme:
from Cotonou to Togo is how much and how do one go?

its a 4hrs drive and the fare is 4k cefa

2 Likes

Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by Emmanuelomojo: 9:33pm On Sep 03, 2015
Emmanuelomojo:
hello. For thos who hav been to onitcha market in nigeria and tokpa macket cotonou are there much differences in the prices of new cloths 'men cloths' if the are please giv examples. Answers wil be welcomed
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by angiephils(f): 12:05pm On Sep 13, 2015
Hello zukafa! You have been so helpful and nice to all with your advise. I am new on this forum and I really need your advice.I am planing on traveling to kotonou to buy children's fairly used shoes, men shoes, female sleepers and handbags. Can you help me with the prices for example how much will each I cost. So that I can calculate how many I will be budgeting for. Thank and God bless u.
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by zhukafa(m): 3:02pm On Sep 13, 2015
angiephils:
Hello zukafa! You have been so helpful and nice to all with your advise. I am new on this forum and I really need your advice.I am planing on traveling to kotonou to buy children's fairly used shoes, men shoes, female sleepers and handbags. Can you help me with the prices for example how much will each I cost. So that I can calculate how many I will be budgeting for. Thank and God bless u.
Depends on the grade you are going for.
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by juliani: 5:17pm On Sep 21, 2015
@ zhukafa, I am new on ur thread and I must commend ur subtle and friendly way you answer every1. Pls I want to buy a bale of grade AAA children mixed clothes, Children and male shoes, ladies bags, where is cheaper? Cotonou or Togo? Do u have idea of the price list? I have 200k naira. Will dat cover my list. It's my first time and will like to buy them by October. Respond ASAP. Thanks
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by zhukafa(m): 10:04pm On Sep 21, 2015
juliani:
@ zhukafa, I am new on ur thread and I must commend ur subtle and friendly way you answer every1. Pls I want to buy a bale of grade AAA children mixed clothes, Children and male shoes, ladies bags, where is cheaper? Cotonou or Togo? Do u have idea of the price list? I have 200k naira. Will dat cover my list. It's my first time and will like to buy them by October. Respond ASAP. Thanks

Thanks for the compliments, but first, the thread is not mine. If you know your way around togo, togo is just okay for it. the name of the market in togo is Asieea. for the price, no idea. 200k would make, but dont expect too much for 200k.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by Nobody: 8:04pm On Sep 23, 2015
sammyjay76:
Hi All.
I ve been here for two years and in poto-novo, using Master is possible but you should check if the atM indicate master card logo and if its in cotonou you get UBA and ecobank for such transaction, note your money will be converted to CFA and you will be charged i think N1000 back at home in naija.
Crossing the borther from seme is tougher than idiroko but just go straight to uniform man not civilian and more so the okada man called semidjan will cross you and charge their fee.

Any needed info you be asked!!!

please how do I cross from idiroko border?
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by Nobody: 8:08pm On Sep 23, 2015
zhukafa:

please how do I cross from idiroko border? , thanks for Ur kind advice zhukafa and all here
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by zhukafa(m): 12:30am On Sep 24, 2015
Vixo:

please how do I cross from idiroko border? , thanks for Ur kind advice zhukafa and all here

normal way of crossing boarders. from owode to idiroko, then come down at idiroko and follow those market women and men that is crossing the boarder. Don't behave like JJC , if not, you will be called by the custom officials.
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by ApotiEriOluwa1(f): 3:55pm On Oct 01, 2015
H
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by eurogee: 1:23am On Oct 02, 2015
hello zhukafa,

so far so grateful for all the solutions.
please, I was planning to go to cotonou to buy used male and female shoes but suddenly a friend told me to go to Togo instead.

pls I will want you to tell how I can get the Togo market for that Matter; what is the name of the market? how do I cross the border between Benin and Togo? is there any possibility That Benin-based customs can seize goods bought in togo.? how do
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by eurogee: 5:52am On Oct 02, 2015
Additionally Zhukafa, can I open an account with UBA, pay in my money and cash it out when I get to Togo? thanks
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by zhukafa(m): 11:17am On Oct 02, 2015
eurogee:
hello zhukafa,

so far so grateful for all the solutions.
please, I was planning to go to cotonou to buy used male and female shoes but suddenly a friend told me to go to Togo instead.

pls I will want you to tell how I can get the Togo market for that Matter; what is the name of the market? how do I cross the border between Benin and Togo? is there any possibility That Benin-based customs can seize goods bought in togo.? how do

1) The name of the market is Assiea
2) Crossing the boarder is different from that of seme. when he taxi gets closer to the boarder, every passenger on taxi would come down and trek and pass the boarder and the taxi shall cross and wait for its paseengers.
3) Yes. The have right to seize it.
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by zhukafa(m): 11:19am On Oct 02, 2015
eurogee:
Additionally Zhukafa, can I open an account with UBA, pay in my money and cash it out when I get to Togo? thanks

Its best you open an account with Eco bank.
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by eurogee: 7:01am On Oct 03, 2015
zhukafa:

1) The name of the market is Assiea
2) Crossing the boarder is different from that of seme. when he taxi gets closer to the boarder, every passenger on taxi would come down and trek and pass the boarder and the taxi shall cross and wait for its paseengers.
3) Yes. The have right to seize it.

thanks so much. really appreciate you.
please I'm a first timer. any insight on how I can cross the goods without hitches? on the bank, is it over the counter that I can get the money in togo or through the ATM
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by Nobody: 5:16pm On Oct 03, 2015
Hello, qudos to gud work here by gurus in the house. I hav been following dis tread for a while nd it was very interested nd expanatory by experienced man in the house. Pls i am a teacher by profession B. Ed nd NCE by qualification. I need someone to assist me for a reputable school in Benin where i can utilize my profession nd living standard. Then, pls master in the room, what are the advantages nd effect of stamp passport at the border in the long run or for future travel to coutonu or other Europe country. I would be very grateful for your response.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (46) (Reply)

Poland Work Visa / Where Are Nigerians In Australia . / Nigerians At Ukraine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.