Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,856 members, 7,817,535 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:55 PM

Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou (221139 Views)

Relocating To Cotonou / Pls I Need Guide On How To Get To Cotonou And Also Where To Get Things Cheap / Cotonou, Benin Republic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (46) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by zhukafa(m): 2:00am On Nov 19, 2013
viannes: Please how much does first grade ok female shoes cost in cotonou? And how can I cross it from cotonou to Nigeria without problem.

For prices, it varies. you can get it from 4000 to 5000 cefa's for good grades. It all depends on the quantity purchased.

For bringing it in, I would also say that it depends on the quantity purchased. if I would know the quantity, then I would now know where and prices it might take you to bring it in .

thanks .
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by viannes: 7:03am On Nov 19, 2013
Thanks, the quanitity is about 5o pieces, with about 10 hand bags.
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by viannes: 7:13pm On Nov 19, 2013
I wrote that shoes is about 50 and handbags 10. So please how can I send to Nigeria.
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by zhukafa(m): 6:34am On Nov 21, 2013
viannes: I wrote that shoes is about 50 and handbags 10. So please how can I send to Nigeria.

50 pairs is not much. you can pass through semi boarder with it. those taxi might just charge you extra fee above your transport fair. and you will get yourself at Lagos with your goods.
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by zhukafa(m): 6:35am On Nov 21, 2013
ninz: How come u ain't responding to my request, bro?

so sorry, what's your question?
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by oriire(f): 3:50pm On Nov 21, 2013
@Zhukafa, why did u failed to answer my question since all this days.
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by zhukafa(m): 7:20pm On Nov 21, 2013
oriire: @Zhukafa, why did u failed to answer my question since all this days.

Am so sorry, I was in a place where network was limited. what's your question.
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by oriire(f): 7:53pm On Nov 21, 2013
Thanks, u mean i should go to Togo instead to buy bale of baby's wears UK.
Please how can i get to Togo, description pls. Which market do i go there to buy bail of baby cloths, where do i change money there, after buying my goods how can i cross the borders with customs problem. Please kindly explain this to me. Thank u.[/quote]
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by oriire(f): 3:15pm On Nov 22, 2013
zhukafa pls i need ur response
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by zhukafa(m): 6:19pm On Nov 22, 2013
oriire: zhukafa pls i need ur response

Sorry for the late response. Your money should be changed at seme border. Then cross the border ( read my earlier post on how to cross the boarder safely). Then across the border, they are cabs goings to Lome, they charge 4000 cefa which is around 1300 naira. Then when you reach at the boarder between continue and Togo, its called Alakonji boarder. You all in the cab will come down from the cab and go and clear yourself at the boarder ( you will pay like 500 cefa) then you cross with your foot, while the cab will be waiting for all of you, some distance apart from the boarder. when you walk and meet the cab, you enter and then you people will continue the trip. note: if you are. going at night, before of some bag snatchers at the boarder immediately you have crossed the boarder. they will just come out from there hid out and then struggle your bag from you from the back. I fought with one of them at the hours of 3am, when they where struggling with the girl at my back.

The name of the market where you will buy the bail is called Asiea market.

thanks. safe trip.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by zhukafa(m): 8:04pm On Nov 22, 2013
ninz: Lol! Moderators.

Since they don't want it, lets go by there rules. But moderators, try to apply fairness. thanks.

1 Like

Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by justwise(m): 8:32pm On Nov 22, 2013
zhukafa:

Since they don't want it, lets go by there rules. But moderators, try to apply fairness. thanks.

What is unfair here?
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by zhukafa(m): 10:10pm On Nov 22, 2013
justwise:

What is unfair here?

just wise, before you hide any post, try to see if it goes against the rule . the message I replied him wasn't even close to anything that would warrant my post to be hided. thanks.
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by justwise(m): 10:45pm On Nov 22, 2013
zhukafa:

just wise, before you hide any post, try to see if it goes against the rule . the message I replied him wasn't even close to anything that would warrant my post to be hided. thanks.

You quoted him that was why your post was hidden.
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by oriire(f): 1:25am On Nov 23, 2013
@Zhukafa, thanks am grateful. But i don't have passport to clear myself at Lome border, pls how do i do this, must i walk at night to d place, can i put my money in Eco-bank, also i can't speak french. Is tin tomatoes cheap there too and is it contraband goods too? And how do i cross to Nigeria with my goods safely without costoms palafa. Pls attend to my questions.

1 Like

Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by zhukafa(m): 7:27am On Nov 23, 2013
oriire: @Zhukafa, thanks am grateful. But i don't have passport to clear myself at Lome border, pls how do i do this, must i walk at night to d place, can i put my money in Eco-bank, also i can't speak french. Is tin tomatoes cheap there too and is it contraband goods too? And how do i cross to Nigeria with my goods safely without costoms palafa. Pls attend to my questions.

You can still cross without a passport. that's the 500 cefa that you will pay at the Alakonji boarder. Alakonji boarder is not that hard as seme. seme boarder is one of the roughest boarder in west Africa.

Secondly, its not a must to move at night. you can go during the day and then transact your business. from seme boarder to Lome is like 3-4 hrs.

Thirdly, I have never used the medium of Eco bank, so I won't be in the better position to answer this.

fourthly, some Nigerians that do business there don't hear french likewise. so just try to be extremely sharp and careful.

fifth, your bail is contraband, for the tin tomatoes I think its cheaper here. rather than taking all the risk just for little gain ( I mean tin tomatoes). But for the bail, its worth it.

For the crossing of it, there are people that do cross it , the stay outside the market ( Asiea) market. But just be careful to get a good fellow.

thanks.
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by zhukafa(m): 7:28am On Nov 23, 2013
justwise:

You quoted him that was why your post was hidden.

Anyway, no problems.
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by oriire(f): 4:06pm On Nov 23, 2013
Thanks so much Zhukafa, i really appreciate ur efforts on this page...may God increase u. Pls do u know much about the tin tomatoes because someone told me to go into it. Pls kindly explain to me or if u know where i can buy it in bulk here. Thank u.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (46) (Reply)

Poland Work Visa / Where Are Nigerians In Australia . / Nigerians At Ukraine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.