Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,656 members, 7,809,479 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:19 AM

Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou (220700 Views)

Relocating To Cotonou / Pls I Need Guide On How To Get To Cotonou And Also Where To Get Things Cheap / Cotonou, Benin Republic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (46) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by Nobody: 9:52pm On Dec 02, 2013
Phew! Finally unbanned.
Back from Cotonou, Togo on my mind.
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by prontoniero(m): 11:42pm On Dec 10, 2013
Please i need help! Is it possible for me to open a bank account in benin? If yes, what document do i need to do that, please? Thanks.
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by lordrhaw(m): 12:22am On Dec 12, 2013
i hail u all @zhukafa u are doing a great job GOD bless u IJN please i want to visit cotnou for vacation and i budget like 10k for my stay in cotonou for about 4days did u think d 10thousand naira i budgeted for it will be enough including toll and fro transport??
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by Naijalastborn(m): 7:54am On Dec 12, 2013
lordrhaw: i hail u all @zhukafa u are doing a great job GOD bless u IJN please i want to visit cotnou for vacation and i budget like 10k for my stay in cotonou for about 4days did u think d 10thousand naira i budgeted for it will be enough including toll and fro transport??
its too small..... if you can add more 10k then you can manage.....
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by Nobody: 10:43am On Dec 12, 2013
Naija_lastborn: its too small..... if you can add more 10k then you can manage.....
Bro, do u know where one can get wholesalers of vegetable oil and H&H non-dairy beverages in Cotonou?
I wud lyk to boycott the market middlemen, pls.
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by zhukafa(m): 4:30pm On Dec 13, 2013
lordrhaw: i hail u all @zhukafa u are doing a great job GOD bless u IJN please i want to visit cotnou for vacation and i budget like 10k for my stay in cotonou for about 4days did u think d 10thousand naira i budgeted for it will be enough including toll and fro transport??

Thanks so much. But concerning your budget, I will say, its low. let's just look at a little break down below.

Transport from Lagos (mile 2) to seme -#300×2= #600
Transport from across the border to cotonue town -- 1000cefa×2=2000 cefa × 335 =670 naira
Hotel accommodation per night --- 6000cefa ×4days = 24,000 cefa × 335 = 8,040 naira

From the above calculation, the cost of your transportation to and fro, including hotel bills sums up to 9,310 naira. So you can see that feeding and other fun activities wouldn't take place.

thanks

1 Like

Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by purplish(f): 5:46pm On Dec 16, 2013
Please would it cost me anything to cross the border with my Ecowas passport?
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by zhukafa(m): 5:33am On Dec 17, 2013
purplish: Please would it cost me anything to cross the border with my Ecowas passport?
it will be stamped, but have forgotten how much they will charge. but its normally not expensive.
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by Naijalastborn(m): 8:35am On Dec 18, 2013
ninz: Bro, do u know where one can get wholesalers of vegetable oil and H&H non-dairy beverages in Cotonou?
I wud lyk to boycott the market middlemen, pls.
Don't really know but there is a place a Liberian took me too where there is a lot of Nigerians maybe if you can get there they can answer your questions or even take you there, but I don't remember what the place is called. sad
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by Naijalastborn(m): 8:39am On Dec 18, 2013
Please who know of hotels that are cheap around Airport Road.. I used one along that side before but I don't remembered what the place is called all I could remembered is that there's a Catholic Church in that vicinity that is famous the church is called St. Michel.

Zhukafa and others come to aide.
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by Nobody: 9:48am On Dec 18, 2013
Naija_lastborn: Don't really know but there is a place a Liberian took me too where there is a lot of Nigerians maybe if you can get there they can answer your questions or even take you there, but I don't remember what the place is called. sad
Awww...
how bout asking d guy dt tuk u der, pls¿
I really need d info
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by Naijalastborn(m): 12:20pm On Dec 18, 2013
ninz: Awww...
how bout asking d guy dt tuk u der, pls¿
I really need d info
the guy is a fugitive, we just happen to stay in same hotel and the next morning we met outside and he happen to be the only speaking English around the hotel. we relate and such and he took me around. but I forgot to take his contact and even he was saying he's leaving Cotonou few days after I left.
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by Nobody: 12:53pm On Dec 18, 2013
Naija_lastborn: the guy is a fugitive, we just happen to stay in same hotel and the next morning we met outside and he happen to be the only speaking English around the hotel. we relate and such and he took me around. but I forgot to take his contact and even he was saying he's leaving Cotonou few days after I left.
ok. Tanx anyways
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by diamondlov: 4:27pm On Dec 24, 2013
@zhukafa,
nice work ure doing here.
pls i want to travel down to misebo market this week and i intend purchasing the ffg.
two bales of children wears,
two bales of ladies dresses,
200pairs of ladies slippers,
50 bags and few other items. my questions is what is the best route to bring in these goods without much wahala from custom officials,what are the general guidelines to follow pls thus is my first time o so suggestions would be appreciated from all.
pls i need an urgent response.thanks
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by zhukafa(m): 2:51am On Dec 25, 2013
diamondlov: @zhukafa,
nice work ure doing here.
pls i want to travel down to misebo market this week and i intend purchasing the ffg.
two bales of children wears,
two bales of ladies dresses,
200pairs of ladies slippers,
50 bags and few other items. my questions is what is the best route to bring in these goods without much wahala from custom officials,what are the general guidelines to follow pls thus is my first time o so suggestions would be appreciated from all.
pls i need an urgent response.thanks

Thanks for the praises. Happy Xmas. The best route to bring that quantity in, is through idi iroko.
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by Nobody: 10:10am On Dec 25, 2013
zhukafa:

Thanks for the praises. Happy Xmas. The best route to bring that quantity in, is through idi iroko.
Bro, can I move vegetable oil thru dat same route? There are so many checks along Badagry. Tanx for ur time.

And pls, does anyone have an idea where I can meet vegetable oil wholesalers in Cotonou?
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by zhukafa(m): 2:19pm On Dec 25, 2013
ninz: Bro, can I move vegetable oil thru dat same route? There are so many checks along Badagry. Tanx for ur time.

And pls, does anyone have an idea where I can meet vegetable oil wholesalers in Cotonou?

yes, that's the route all those kind of goods are been transported. for the groundnut oil, you can buy it at tokpa market or at the back of Catholic church at liobele. its sold for 15,000 cefa.
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by Nobody: 2:30pm On Dec 25, 2013
zhukafa:

yes, that's the route all those kind of goods are been transported. for the groundnut oil, you can buy it at tokpa market or at the back of Catholic church at liobele. its sold for 15,000 cefa.
Grateful, merry Xmas to u.
U said 15,000 cefa, for wat quantity of d oil, pls?
Also, I got stuff from tops but I believe I cud get a beta deal if I located d importers/wholesalers, I hope u get my drift.
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by zhukafa(m): 3:14pm On Dec 25, 2013
ninz: Grateful, merry Xmas to u.
U said 15,000 cefa, for wat quantity of d oil, pls?
Also, I got stuff from tops but I believe I cud get a beta deal if I located d importers/wholesalers, I hope u get my drift.

Okay, since you are buying in large quantity, its should be cheaper than 15000 cefa. Maybe you might see for 14,000cefa. there is an importer that stays at that road beside tokpa market. just ask when you reach tokpa market, you will be directed. Merry Xmas to you too.
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by Nobody: 3:49pm On Dec 25, 2013
zhukafa:

Okay, since you are buying in large quantity, its should be cheaper than 15000 cefa. Maybe you might see for 14,000cefa. there is an importer that stays at that road beside tokpa market. just ask when you reach tokpa market, you will be directed. Merry Xmas to you too.
Wow man, u seem to have a lot of dealings with dat country. smiley
U mean I shud just ask for oil wholesaler around Tokpa? Kk.
U haven't said d qty of oil for dat 14000/15000, can I know if its for a carton, 20ltrs, etc?
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by zhukafa(m): 6:20pm On Dec 25, 2013
ninz: Wow man, u seem to have a lot of dealings with dat country. smiley
U mean I shud just ask for oil wholesaler around Tokpa? Kk.
U haven't said d qty of oil for dat 14000/15000, can I know if its for a carton, 20ltrs, etc?

I do buy that 30 liters yellow rubber ( just one for 15,000cefa). What I meant is, when you reach tokpa market, just ask any body that deals on food stocks, he/ she might direct you properly.
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by Nobody: 8:23am On Dec 26, 2013
zhukafa:

I do buy that 30 liters yellow rubber ( just one for 15,000cefa). What I meant is, when you reach tokpa market, just ask any body that deals on food stocks, he/ she might direct you properly.
Many Tanx.
I bought Sunny & Leiseur in 5ltr containers(4 in a carton) at 26,000cefas, in Tokpa, but am sure I can get a beta deal if I can locate a wholesaler.
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by Nobody: 1:38pm On Dec 26, 2013
bro how is the car mart yonder?

ninz: Many Tanx.
I bought Sunny & Leiseur in 5ltr containers(4 in a carton) at 26,000cefas, in Tokpa, but am sure I can get a beta deal if I can locate a wholesaler.
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by prontoniero(m): 3:55pm On Dec 26, 2013
Happy Holidays everyone! Please, am planning to travel to Benin, Porto Novo to spend one month there. How much could i possibly get a self contained apartment for a month and which district in Porto novo is better? Also I will like to know if it easy to get a Benin driver's license there and like how much will it cost me; because i want to open a bank account there but i dont want to use my Nigerian ID/Passport that's why i want to use driver's license to open the account, if it is possible. Thanks.
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by Nobody: 8:12am On Dec 27, 2013
smartchoice: bro how is the car mart yonder?

Bro na wa o, cash don prune my taste and options. There's a deal wit a clean 190 am hoping to seal soon by God's grace.
U guys will be d first to know.
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by zhukafa(m): 8:53am On Dec 27, 2013
ninz: Bro na wa o, cash don prune my taste and options. There's a deal wit a clean 190 am hoping to seal soon by God's grace.
U guys will be d first to know.

Amen ooooo.

1 Like

Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by Nobody: 3:24pm On Dec 27, 2013
grin[color=#000099][/color]
zhukafa:

Amen ooooo.
smiley
zhukafa:

Amen ooooo.
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by eyidola: 8:43am On Jul 19, 2014
Helo everyone, please ZHUKAFA
Please im plannin a trip with my husband to cotonou for next week sat and i need info on hotels especially. Im thinking of going with cross country and most i go with my ECOWAS passport? I have read d thread but that been since 2013 so please i need fresh updates ASAP
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by enomakos(m): 9:52am On Jul 19, 2014
Godson201333:

Yes you can if your cards are Naira-Master card or Naira Visa card and
their Machine will do automatic conversion for you..
bro you mean one can make use of gtbank naira mastercard?
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by enomakos(m): 12:16pm On Jul 20, 2014
can i use my gtb naira master card in contonou?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (46) (Reply)

Poland Work Visa / Where Are Nigerians In Australia . / Nigerians At Ukraine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.