Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,845 members, 7,813,848 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:48 PM

Strike: Count Us Out –south-east Traders - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Strike: Count Us Out –south-east Traders (15596 Views)

Count us out, South-South tells Biafra agitators. Source: Vanguard Newspaper / Biafra: Count Us Out Of Self-determination Move —enugu Igbo Leaders / Count Us Out Of Threats To Southerners – Middle Belt Youth Congress (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Strike: Count Us Out –south-east Traders by teaf: 6:01am On Jan 09, 2012
This report is gabbage. Anything coming from that Nairaland Police Man called BEAF is a result of taken bribes.
He can go fucq himself.
Re: Strike: Count Us Out –south-east Traders by Nchara: 6:13am On Jan 09, 2012
teaf:

This report is gabbage. Anything coming from that Nairaland Police Man called BEAF is a result of taken bribes.
He can go fucq himself.

But he is not the journalist who reported the news and he has provided links. Take your loss courageously, loser

This is a political protest from the SW and the North (those two born to rule Nigeria who can't tolerate others). So the SE and SS are not involved
Re: Strike: Count Us Out –south-east Traders by ekwynwa: 6:19am On Jan 09, 2012
Peter Obi and some stupid paid marketers! Anyway let me reserve my comment until I hear from NLC Enugu, Anambara, Imo, Abia and Ebonyi. Until then ………,
Re: Strike: Count Us Out –south-east Traders by otokx(m): 7:29am On Jan 09, 2012
fresh air
Re: Strike: Count Us Out –south-east Traders by dayokanu(m): 7:51am On Jan 09, 2012
Why are we not suprised

Arthur Nzeribe, Uche Chukwumerije, Daniel Kanu who is next?
Re: Strike: Count Us Out –south-east Traders by londoner: 8:56am On Jan 09, 2012
People should not be bullied into joining or not joining the protest.

It is a free world, and people have the right to weigh up a situation by their own standards.

If some see the potential positives of subsidy removal and are happy to endure the un-comfortability then they can.
Re: Strike: Count Us Out –south-east Traders by Wilywily11: 10:18am On Jan 09, 2012
Please every one ignore any Strike called by Fraudulent Yorubas and Dirty Stinking Hausa/Fulanis.
Oil is not theirs, Soooooo if they want free petrol let them kill some of their kinsmen and refine their blood to petrol. Silly Stuuupiid people.
Re: Strike: Count Us Out –south-east Traders by stiyke(m): 10:58am On Jan 09, 2012
Beaf is very right.

Every one is open for business here, banks are working, schools are on. Very few ppl are indoors. No noise or even large gathering at all. Pple are not even gathering to discuss they issue. The markets are open.

The main view here is that we are adjusting, marking up price of our services and products to cover cost and every one here has drastically reduced movement to just where is necessary cause they still want to be driving their cars.
Re: Strike: Count Us Out –south-east Traders by ifyalways(f): 11:21am On Jan 09, 2012
^Where is this your "here"

People not protesting on the streets is NOT equal to No strike action.Btw,In Plateau state,no protest of any kind but the strike is ON and effective.
Re: Strike: Count Us Out –south-east Traders by ifyalways(f): 11:22am On Jan 09, 2012
^Where is this your "here"

People not protesting on the streets is NOT equal to No strike action.Btw,In Plateau state,no protest of any kind but the strike is ON and effective.
Re: Strike: Count Us Out –south-east Traders by stiyke(m): 11:27am On Jan 09, 2012
Oh sorry i forgot to mention am currently in Enugu as i write. Buses are running even those going to lagos and abuja are boarding. should i send you pictures or movies??
Re: Strike: Count Us Out –south-east Traders by freepeople: 11:34am On Jan 09, 2012
[size=18pt]Beaf, why do you resort to playing tribal card whenever your oga is cornered?[/size] undecided
Re: Strike: Count Us Out –south-east Traders by Dede1(m): 12:45pm On Jan 09, 2012
The good move by the SE traders. Are the mo.rons calling for strike not the same members of NLC and TUC leadership who opted to spend 500 billion naira on luxurious buses made in China instead of the ones made in Nigeria via INNOSON? I pray idiotic gods of Nigeria to punish NLC/TUC leadership for dreaming of labor actions.
Re: Strike: Count Us Out –south-east Traders by kettykin: 1:24pm On Jan 09, 2012
Any zone that does not depend on Niger delta crude for surivival does not need to go on strike ,particularly zones that seem not be affected by Quasi economic policies of the Federal Government .
One wonders why some individuals would rather die than see other zones seccede
Re: Strike: Count Us Out –south-east Traders by jason123: 1:28pm On Jan 09, 2012
How come the SE is not protesting when everyone is?? Including the SS, NC and SW?
Na wa oh!
Re: Strike: Count Us Out –south-east Traders by asorocker: 4:57pm On Jan 09, 2012
SE is not in the strike because they are not living off subsidy from the oil from Niger Delta
Re: Strike: Count Us Out –south-east Traders by aljharem(m): 5:00pm On Jan 09, 2012
asorocker:

SE is not in the strike because they are not living off subsidy from the oil from Niger Delta

No problem brother cool
Re: Strike: Count Us Out –south-east Traders by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 6:44pm On Jan 09, 2012
asorocker:

correct
Re: Strike: Count Us Out –south-east Traders by NegroNtns(m): 8:13pm On Jan 09, 2012
Please every one ignore any Strike called by Fraudulent Yorubas and Dirty Stinking Hausa/Fulanis.
Oil is not theirs, Soooooo if they want free petrol let them kill some of their kinsmen and refine their blood to petrol. Silly Stuuupiid people.

Willy,. . . and to everyone else that share in your sentiment,

you all need to be ashamed!  You should cover your face behind a veil for your political illiteracy.  If West have half as much oil resource and production as you do in the East, trust me we will be in control of the assets and the politics associated with that resource.  Aren't you a fool for admitting that Yorubas and Hausas are sitting on top of your resource and telling you what to do or not do with it?  You truly want to show us you own oil?  Here is what you do. . .  you regain control of it and you administer its allotments.  Make Yoruba and Hausa beg you for oil, instead of tormenting you over oil.  FO O L!!! angry
Re: Strike: Count Us Out –south-east Traders by PointB: 8:22pm On Jan 09, 2012
It's a win-win situation for SE. At the end of the day PMS price will be uniform across state, why waste scarce resources and precious man hour fighting what everyone hail as a good policy. SE has shown more maturity and sagacity than they are getting credit for.

At any rate, when it is time to singularly protest against Boko Haram, count us in, but not for this silly protest for cheap fuel.
Re: Strike: Count Us Out –south-east Traders by Nobody: 8:23pm On Jan 09, 2012
asorocker:

Keep deceiving yourself that ibo people are not affected even when they had to resort to selling their properties in order to return to their places of residence when transport fare sky-rocketed.Y'all think jonathan will give you presidency in 2015 abi or the Niger deltans protesting are stu-pid too ? Bloody he-goats
Re: Strike: Count Us Out –south-east Traders by PointB: 8:26pm On Jan 09, 2012
^^^
Jonathan has no power to give the presidency to anyone in 2015. He has one vote. Stop your myopia already!
Re: Strike: Count Us Out –south-east Traders by dayokanu(m): 8:28pm On Jan 09, 2012
asorocker:

SE are not protesting because they share the same genes with

dayokanu:

Arthur Nzeribe, Uche Chukwumerije, Daniel Kanu
Re: Strike: Count Us Out –south-east Traders by Nobody: 8:33pm On Jan 09, 2012
PointB:

^^^
Jonathan has no power to give the presidency to anyone in 2015. He has one vote. Stop your myopia already!

Hahahahaha stop denying it.we all know why ibos are supporting jonathan.it's about 2015 or will you guys want hausas to take your slot again ?
Re: Strike: Count Us Out –south-east Traders by PointB: 9:02pm On Jan 09, 2012
^^^
Don't trying running faster than you shadows. An average Igbo does not depend on subsidy; handouts is not particularly favoured by igbos. That explains why my SEners have adjusted to the new price regime.

another thing you know but would rather not say is that Tinubu your lord and master is one of the major beneficiary of the subsidy money, why should we lose sleep over another man's business? Fuel subsidy is not our fight. Get it now?
Re: Strike: Count Us Out –south-east Traders by Nobody: 9:11pm On Jan 09, 2012
Whether you like it or not,ibos too are feeling the effect of jonatn's policy and we've all seen it when they couldnt afford to pay their transport back to their place of residence.
Re: Strike: Count Us Out –south-east Traders by Nobody: 9:13pm On Jan 09, 2012
Historically I dont remember traders closing shops because NLC is on strike for anything.

I really dont know the basis of this news. I was very close to traders growing up and there was nothing like going on strike.

So I really dont know why this time should be different. So South-east traders have not acted any differently on this occassion.

Kids in the South East have not gone back to school because Teachers in the South East are on strike.

Those who want to frame this story as some kind of Igbo conspiracy should tell us if Taxi drivers in Lagos are on strike or whether Cattle rearers or Suya makers are in the North are on strike?
People seek every opportunity to draw any conclusions they like about Igbos without taking time to understand them.
Re: Strike: Count Us Out –south-east Traders by muyoto: 9:46pm On Jan 09, 2012
its their prerogative
Re: Strike: Count Us Out –south-east Traders by Ayoolu12: 9:50pm On Jan 09, 2012
I quite frankly don't give a toss. When real trouble breaks out, they'll be the ones to suffer the most losses as they are the ones who refuse to stay in their region. undecided
Re: Strike: Count Us Out –south-east Traders by Nchara: 9:51pm On Jan 09, 2012
Wow!!!!

So this is how Gbawe and the gang of ACN and Buhari thugs wasted their time?
You must return all the bribe money you chop and failed to deliver!!!!

Fashola and Tinubu has finished all your money, increased fees 1000% and toll-gated everywhere, yet una no bring down Lagos
Una wan come bring down Nigeria? You think Nigeria begins and ends in Lagos, abi? olodo rabata
Even when a drop of oil is not produced in that your [b]useless zone ([/b]save for Ondo, which is more of an Edo territorygrin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Losers, gbogbo yin.
Re: Strike: Count Us Out –south-east Traders by Nobody: 10:03pm On Jan 09, 2012
Ayo-olu12:

I quite frankly don't give a toss. When real trouble breaks out, they'll be the ones to suffer the most losses as they are the ones who refuse to stay in their region. undecided

Is this the first proof yet that for some Nigerians there is a relationship between Boko Haram and Fuel Subsidy?

Honesty what is the thinking behind this guy's post.

Nigerians really need to do some soul searching.
Re: Strike: Count Us Out –south-east Traders by Ayoolu12: 10:07pm On Jan 09, 2012
^^ I am sorry if you cannot forsee this degenerating into a tribal/religious issue. If certain groups are refusing to protest because they feel 'their kinsman' is in power, it's only a matter of time before they are singled out. I never mentioned BH, however, since you've raised it, do you think they are going to stop until they kill as many southern Christians in the north as possible?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Fashola Woos Foreign Investment Partners For Lagos Light Rail Project / Seven Killed, Scores Missing As Gunmen Attack Villages In Taraba / Senate Blocks Move To Recognise Kogi As An Oil-producing State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.