Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,146 members, 7,835,835 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:52 PM

Strike: Count Us Out –south-east Traders - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Strike: Count Us Out –south-east Traders (15618 Views)

Count us out, South-South tells Biafra agitators. Source: Vanguard Newspaper / Biafra: Count Us Out Of Self-determination Move —enugu Igbo Leaders / Count Us Out Of Threats To Southerners – Middle Belt Youth Congress (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Strike: Count Us Out –south-east Traders by emmatok(m): 3:23am On Jan 10, 2012
OK2NV:

[size=15pt]WHO LISTENS TO YORUBAS IN NIGERIA AGAIN OTHER THAN YORUBAS THEMSELVES? NO ONE.
YOUR SIDELINE ATTITUDE AND CONTINUOUS AND UNCONTRIBUTIVE CRITICISM HAS PUT YOU BEHIND THE SE AND SS.
BURN YOUR CITIES, R@PE YOUR WOMEN, LOOT PROPERTIES IT WILL NOT BRING BACK SUBSIDY.
AT THE END OF THE DAY, THE AVERAGE YORUBA MAN WILL HAVE NO ONE TO CRITICIZE BUT HIMSELF.
TRUE TALK NO DEY SWEET.
[/size]

LOL,

The South Easterners  that do not produce Oil are also making noise.

I wish we brake-up very soon .
Re: Strike: Count Us Out –south-east Traders by sixtus4: 3:24am On Jan 10, 2012
One nigeria my brother
Re: Strike: Count Us Out –south-east Traders by BlackPikiN(m): 3:29am On Jan 10, 2012
emmatok:

LOL,

You see the ignorance we are talking about.
Make Jason and NL resident tribalist(Alh Harem) con lecture you for the OIL and GAS deposit wey dey SE.
MUMU like you

Yomboy4ever:

Why wont we count dem out? Dats why dey can nevr  rule dis country. Its unfortunate biafra war lord is late nd i knw he is ashamed of his pple write now. Can u imagine most of dem r still stranded in ther villages due to d increase.
Anyway d true ibos r in lagos nd they r part of dis struggle against d badluck jona.
come  2015 your elders will come to lagos begging tunubu to win d s/w for them.
Al d gov in S/E cant stand fashola alone.
Lagos is nigeria. mumuuuuuuuuuuuu ajokuta ma mu omi,  

If Lagos is Nigeria what else do you want from the SE?
mumu.
Re: Strike: Count Us Out –south-east Traders by emmatok(m): 3:30am On Jan 10, 2012
mikeansy:

I will like more evidence on this claim? I will like to know what markets closed under OBJ to protest fuel subsidy thank u.
Bluetooth folks are really not interested in running your Nigeria. And btw I am glad to say that your Nigeria functions so well as Igbos are not involved!

And were where you hiding when Adam O(former NLC president) shut down this country for one week during OBJ regime .
Re: Strike: Count Us Out –south-east Traders by sixtus4: 3:33am On Jan 10, 2012
you said the fact,thanks
Re: Strike: Count Us Out –south-east Traders by Nchara: 3:33am On Jan 10, 2012
emmatok:

LOL,

there is too much oil in SE. YOu need to educate urself, ignoramus.
Re: Strike: Count Us Out –south-east Traders by odumchi: 3:34am On Jan 10, 2012
Hmm.

After reading some of the comments here, I'm not surprised. The South East is suffering as much as any other region but things like that can't be understood through a secondary internet source. The article says that the South East won't be following suit in the protests: yes, but does that mean that they're relaxed about it? No.
In the South East, people don't riot easily. The people understand that rioting will ony bring about: destruction of property and possibly a loss of life. Also, the people there have (maybe had would be better) a tremendous amount of faith in Jonathan and his financial advisors and you must take into account that oil is cheaper in the East than in other parts of the country.

You also have to understand. It's not that I'm supporting this subsidy removal, but the funds can be put to better use somewhere else. The government can't continue to pump much needed funds to stabilize the energy sector just so that gas prices will remain reasonable - atleast not forever. If Nigeria had used this money back when fuel was very cheap and invested it in the development of domestic refineries, distilleries and oil-drilling equipment, this subsidy issue wouldn't be a problem.
After all why should petroleum be so expensive in Africa's biggest oil producer? The main reason why all this is happening is because Nigeria doesn't yet have the capacity to extract and produce it's own refined petrol. So don't place all the blame on GEJ. The blame should be placed on our leader in the 70s and 80s who failed to take advantage of the economic stability of that period and develop these much needed industries. This subsidy had to be removed sometime, it's just that maybe it wasn't the right time.
But digressingly, a bus trip to Lagos will remain N10000, and to Aba: N5000N.
Re: Strike: Count Us Out –south-east Traders by emmatok(m): 3:36am On Jan 10, 2012
BlackPikiN:

You see the ignorance we are talking about.
Make Jason and NL resident tribalist(Alh Harem) con lecture you for the OIL and GAS deposit wey dey SE.
MUMU like you

If Lagos is Nigeria what else do you want from the SE?
mumu.

Name one South Eastern Oil producing state in Nigeria.
Re: Strike: Count Us Out –south-east Traders by odumchi: 3:39am On Jan 10, 2012
emmatok:

Name one South Eastern  Oil producing state in Nigeria.

Please let's be serious. Abia and Imo both produce natural gas and oil.
Re: Strike: Count Us Out –south-east Traders by unclenna(m): 3:39am On Jan 10, 2012
sorry to say this. If Ojukwu is alive he will be laughing at the protesters, the reason is that what we igbos saw why sitting down years back the whole nigerians could not see. We protested about injustice in the 70s and nigerians did not understand it and they taged us REBELS. NOW nigerians are seeing what we saws over 30yrs ago. Go ahead nigerians, we will not join becos we are seeing another 30yrs ahead of Nigerian again.
Re: Strike: Count Us Out –south-east Traders by sixtus4: 3:41am On Jan 10, 2012
Please educate them for me,and that is the gospel truth
Re: Strike: Count Us Out –south-east Traders by emmatok(m): 3:43am On Jan 10, 2012
odumchi:

Please let's be serious. Abia and Imo both produce natural gas and oil.

LOL,

When and how many barrel do you produce in Imo or Abia.
Re: Strike: Count Us Out –south-east Traders by sixtus4: 3:45am On Jan 10, 2012
Does it matter?
Re: Strike: Count Us Out –south-east Traders by Nobody: 3:46am On Jan 10, 2012
emmatok:

And were where you hiding when Adam O(former NLC president) shut down this country for one week during OBJ regime .

Is Adams Oshiomole from the South East?

When he shut down Nigeria did he shut down Onitsha Main Market? or Ariaria Main Market?
Most of you come online to spew what you have no clue about. Some have no understanding of the geography or demographics of Nigeria. The only thing some of you know how to do is to jump on any band wagon to criticise/hate Igbos because this is what you have been taught to do by your parents.

Honestly one of the benefits of education is ability to think independently and make up your own mind and most times most of you fail to do that. You just spew the baseless prejudices handed down to you from your parents.

Can somebody take up my challenge and tell me one Government policy protest since 1970 that has the highest outing in the South East and meant that traders had to close there shops? I wont hold my breadth on it cos nobody can!

The truth is a lot of you will do worst if given power. To bully someone to think the way you think, and take part in the protests you initiate is dictatorship. Traders owe nobody any obligation to close their shops, they dont have a guaranteed minimum wage at the end of the month.
Re: Strike: Count Us Out –south-east Traders by ACM10: 3:46am On Jan 10, 2012
alj harem:

The governors and co should educate themselves and stop tribalsim

It seems after all the talk, shouting, teaching, lecture, protest, educating, directing,  etc people are doing, some people still don't know why people are angry

1. Yes the system/ government is corrupt. In fact the country is teeming in corruption

2. Yes subsidy has to go and everyone supports the FG for that

3. Before the removal of subsidy, build our refinery so we would not have this same issue in the future. If we have our refineries working, we would not be paying subsidy to anyone and we can control the prices of our crude oil as a Nation.

4. Before removal of subsidy , CUT THE COST OF GOVERANCE not just by 25% because the bulk of the money made in government is not through salaries but be over PRICED projects. An average senator in Nigeria collects more than Obama the american president.

5. Now remove subsidy.

Other things people are protesting for because it was a build up of anger since 1970 and this was the opportunity for a revolution are

1. protest against corruption and the arrest of these people

2. protest against boko haram and killing of Christians/igbos

3. protest against the NEGLIGENT of the Niger-delta

4. Building of the Niger Bridge. Must the bridge collapse before we maintain and build the next ? Since we can save lives, why not do it now.

Now what is the point of thinking ahead when there is still corruption and non-accountability in the government ?

What is the point of thinking ahead when the next administration would tell us about removal of subsidy again ?

IS THINKING AHEAD NOT BUILDING OF REFINERIES ?

Is thinking ahead not protesting against corruption ?

In Nigeria today, we have  No light, No security, No shelter, No good roads, No good water, No refinery even though we are oil producing, Total neglect of infrastructure, Total neglect of the Niger-delta, Total neglect of the Niger bridge, Total neglect of people dying in the North, Lack of accountability, Lack of credibility, Lack of industrial growth apart from Oil which the entire country is dependant on, Lack of economic growth apart from the telecommunication sector by OBJ.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would also what to use this medium to address people thinking it is an ethnic thing.

I have heard various people saying the protest is against "GEJ" "minority" and other sentimental words to describe the protest.

I would like to educate the people about the politics behind what is happening according to my understanding and I would really appreciate if I can also learn more from other posters home and abroad.

In 2010, Sanusi made speech to the House of reps (HOR) that they were thieves and they are the ones sucking Nigeria dry due to the huge sum of money paid to them monthly. The HOR shut him down and called him all sort of names.

In 2011, Sanusi during the channels debate said 1.6 trillion naira is paid to this people out of 1.8 trillion naira thus 200 billion Naira is left for development of the country.

This people are the senator, governors, HOR, HOA, chairmen and the business men that were labelled as oil benefit thieves.

Now people Imagine 200 billion left for 150 million people in 36 states out of total of 1.8 trillion Naira. Yes I am sure people would agree with me that subsidy has to go !!!!

All am doing here is to make people political aware of the situation right now and lets not forget the Iweala and the IMF factor.

Now people are NOT and I repeat NOT angry at the removal of the subsidy I mean at such rate the paying of subsidy is not sustainable. It has to go at one point or the other, either through GEJ or the next administration. Yes I respect GEJ and Sanusi for thinking ahead of time. That is very commendable but the Issues that cause the subsidy corruption are not yet addressed.

In the future the issue would come up again so what is the point ?.

Ol boy,

You should stop being silly,

Your gimmicks does not convince my dog

Your order of priority is annoying

In your little mind, Igbos are the selective victims of BH

Find a better way to coerce people into joining your agitation

Your old and tired trick is quite irritating to every intelligent mind
Re: Strike: Count Us Out –south-east Traders by Nchara: 3:50am On Jan 10, 2012
emmatok:

LOL,

The oil in Imo and Abia should be enough for Imo and Abia citizens (if it was not shared among 36 other states). That is why they are asking for resources control
Anambra also has abundant oil and gas. Ignorance is a disease.
Re: Strike: Count Us Out –south-east Traders by Nobody: 3:50am On Jan 10, 2012
Folks have learnt to get on with life

So long as anybody can survive, the Igbo man will. People just get on with it!

If NLC like make them call protest 1million times. People will still open their shops and rightly so!

absolute crap!!!
Re: Strike: Count Us Out –south-east Traders by BlackPikiN(m): 3:51am On Jan 10, 2012
emmatok:

LOL,

Nigeria finds oil and gas in commercial quantities in Anambra
Aug 12, 2003 02:00 AM
About 30 tcf of gas and 1 bn barrels of crude oil [/b]has been found in the Anambra River basin in Anambra State, the Director of Engineering standard in the Department of Petroleum Resources (DPR), Mr Patrick Onwumere, said in Awka.
Mr Onwumere who led a team of experts to assess [b]the volume of gas and crude reserves in the Anambra River basin as well as gauge the preparedness of the state government in the establishment of an indigenous refinery through its oil company, Orient Petroleum Resources, said the team was impressed with what it saw on the ground.

His revelation was coming on the heels of a confirmation by the Managing Director of Orient Petroleum, Engr. Nnaemeka Nwawka that a large hectare of land for the construction of the refinery which would be sited at Otuocha in Anambra East Local Government area of the state had been mapped out. Nwawka added that the only thing delaying full acquisition of the land is the state governor's signature on the certificate of occupancy (CoO) for the land.
According to Onwumene, his team's visit was a preliminary move which has to do with the Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) of the area, the level of land acquisition promised by the governor, and the examination of the extent of work done so far by the Orient Petroleum Resources.

Onwumene also said he and members of his team were interested in seeing that the exploitation of oil and gas takes off earnestly in the state and expressed his team's satisfaction on the state's preparedness to accomplish their exploitation. He said Anambra State had three sources of oil supply which included, the existing local reserve from the Brass/Agip, import from Venezuela as well as the already discovered wells at Oroma-Etiti in Anambra West and Otuocha in Anambra East council areas of the state.
Onwumene said his team found that the state's oil company, Orient Petroleum Resources had maintained good relationships with the host communities, especially those bordering where the refinery would be sited. He added that with the take off of exploitation of oil reserves in the very near future, a lot of jobless indigenes of Anambra State would be gainfully employed.

Source: THISDAYonline
Re: Strike: Count Us Out –south-east Traders by odumchi: 3:51am On Jan 10, 2012
mikeansy:

When he shut down Nigeria did he shut down Onitsha Main Market? or Ariaria Main Market?
Most of you come online to spew what you have no clue about. Some have no understanding of the geography or demographics of Nigeria. The only thing some of you know how to do is to jump on any band wagon to criticise/hate Igbos because this is what you have been taught to do by your parents.

Honestly one of the benefits of education is ability to think independently and make up your own mind and most times most of you fail to do that. You just spew the baseless prejudices handed down to you from your parents.

Can somebody take up my challenge and tell me one Government policy protest since 1970 that has the highest outing in the South East and meant that traders had to close there shops? I wont hold my breadth on it cos nobody can!

The truth is a lot of you will do worst if given power. To bully someone to think the way you think, and take part in the protests you initiate is dictatorship. Traders owe nobody any obligation to close their shops, they dont have a guaranteed minimum wage at the end of the month.

Very true.
Re: Strike: Count Us Out –south-east Traders by Nobody: 3:52am On Jan 10, 2012
Nchara:

The oil in Imo and Abia should be enough for Imo and Abia citizens (if it was not shared among 36 other states). That is why they are asking for resources control
Anambra also has abundant oil and gas. Ignorance is a disease.

Ignore the fool. He thinks Oshiomole is from the South East?

Some of this people have never crossed River Niger before, they stay in their little corners to spew nonsense!
Re: Strike: Count Us Out –south-east Traders by BlackPikiN(m): 3:53am On Jan 10, 2012
mikeansy:

You dey mind dem?
If Oshiomole was from the South East, na so dem go dey shout like mad people.
many Ediots dey roam NL
Re: Strike: Count Us Out –south-east Traders by Nchara: 3:53am On Jan 10, 2012
emmatok:

Name one South Eastern  Oil producing state in Nigeria.

Oil Producing States Seek Quick Passage of PIB Into Law

Chinedu Wosu

8 March 2011

Yenagoa —[b] Nine Oil-Producing States in the countr[/b]y have urged the National Assembly to ensure the quick passage of the Petroleum Industry Bill PIB into law. http://allafrica.com/stories/201103080668.html

Can you list the nine states in question let's see how much you know?
Re: Strike: Count Us Out –south-east Traders by BlackPikiN(m): 3:57am On Jan 10, 2012
emmatok:

LOL,

Imo Has Over 7.8 Trillion SCF Gas Reserves

Chief Steve Ahaneku has said that the State has gas reserve in excess of 7.8 trillion SCF, which he disclosed are deposited in Oguta, Ohaji/Egbema, parts of Izombe, Owerri Municipal and other areas of the State.

Chief Ahaneku, who stated this during the 2011 LG International Gas Roundtable & Expo themed, "Gas to Wealth" organized by his Ministry at Concorde Hotels, Owerri noted that the present State Government under Owelle Rochas Okorocha is fully committed not only reducing gas flares but paving way for private and public initiatives to gear towards the reduction and final elimination of the flaring.

He also divulged that the State Government has plans to create an environment that would enable the utilization of natural gas, produced in the State, generate products like electric power, fertilizer, gas-to liquid, Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) CNG for vehicles fuels and other products.
Re: Strike: Count Us Out –south-east Traders by ChinenyeN(m): 4:02am On Jan 10, 2012
"to you Jonathan is not Igbo. Yes; To others he is. Yes" -- AljHarem

WTF is this bullshit? So idiots are still walking around calling Goodluck "Igbo"?
Re: Strike: Count Us Out –south-east Traders by Nobody: 4:06am On Jan 10, 2012
the fact is, history shows that NLC under Abdul Waleed Umar has a history of cherry picking what issues to fight for.

This country had no leader for a while and ghosts were running the country during the Yar'adua saga, Umarr kept mute and all of a sudden chose the convenient fight to protest the removal of Maurice Iwu, eventhough it was obvious that the INEC Chairman will go eventually anyway.

Now there was xmas bombing, Nigerians were killing Nigerians and Umar had no say. As soon as fuel subsidy happened. He came alive. Now I blame Jonathan for giving Umar and his co-conspirators this Hail Mary pass. But while you can argue that may be fuel subsidy influences the economy and BokoHaram does not. What is the Labour leader doing fighting the INEC Chairman.

The only consistent trend here is that Abdul Waleed Umar is using his office to cherry pick fights which may to the ordinary eye look National but clearly given his history seems to have been selectively chosen.
Re: Strike: Count Us Out –south-east Traders by odumchi: 4:08am On Jan 10, 2012
ChinenyeN:

"to you Jonathan is not Igbo. Yes; To others he is. Yes" -- AljHarem

WTF is this bullshit? So idiots are still walking around calling Goodluck "Igbo"?

To some, anything east of Edo state is labelled "Igbo".
Re: Strike: Count Us Out –south-east Traders by ak47mann(m): 4:16am On Jan 10, 2012
i still wonder how oando oil firm thieving oil in abia state without governors notification,so why generating so much hatred from people you eat/steal their oil ? don't get it, watch this video and confirm, 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4rJhGJaz2w
Re: Strike: Count Us Out –south-east Traders by kizito96(m): 4:25am On Jan 10, 2012
South East has never felt any Federal Government Presence, so the little infrastructure we have is built on self efforts. Why fight for what you might not gain at the end.
Re: Strike: Count Us Out –south-east Traders by sixtus4: 4:41am On Jan 10, 2012
Thanks for your explanation.
Re: Strike: Count Us Out –south-east Traders by GAR3TH(m): 4:49am On Jan 10, 2012
@pointless debate, I still dont get why people are saying resource control? Those states that produce oil, especially those in the delta, receive enough funds from allocation that they can develop, nuke and develop themselves again. The problem is their governors, pointless administrative systems which mismanage those funds.

Second The oil and gas field in igbo land are pointless and wont have a real economic impact considering the population of igboland (30 million). So for those who say igboland can survive on their own should think twice. yes there is oil but its scarce when you compare it to igbolands population.
Re: Strike: Count Us Out –south-east Traders by sixtus4: 4:50am On Jan 10, 2012
thanks for your impacts.
Re: Strike: Count Us Out –south-east Traders by Nobody: 4:58am On Jan 10, 2012
Why should SE be ignoring the rest of the country in this popular movement?that is why biafra failed.history always repeat itself.ibos always differ on any national issue.what a pity!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Hunger: We Are Waiting For Buhari In 2019 – Nigerian Youths / 'Boycott 2019 Election' - Nnamdi Kanu Tells IPOB In New Year Speech (Audio) / 2023: Yahaya Adoza Bello And The Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.