Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,397 members, 7,815,867 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:47 PM

#occupynigeria: Lagos Protest At Gani Fawehinmi Park, Ojota. - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / #occupynigeria: Lagos Protest At Gani Fawehinmi Park, Ojota. (37360 Views)

Buhari's Victory Celebration At Gani Fawehinmi Freedom Park In Ojota, Lagos / VIDEO: Lagos Transport Commissioner Embarrassed At Gani Memorial Event / Soldiers Have Blocked Off Access To Gani Fawehinmi Park, Ojota. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: #occupynigeria: Lagos Protest At Gani Fawehinmi Park, Ojota. by Suntemi(m): 6:52pm On Jan 11, 2012
mukina2, were u there too? How I wish I can identify you.

Re: #occupynigeria: Lagos Protest At Gani Fawehinmi Park, Ojota. by ifyalways(f): 7:20pm On Jan 11, 2012
Some of the plaacards are just . . .

Drove into two groups today.The first,peaceful and organised @ Falomo while the second ewww,mean looking area boys,drunk and definitely having no idea of what the protest is all about.

Wondering how this is gonna end.
Re: #occupynigeria: Lagos Protest At Gani Fawehinmi Park, Ojota. by Suntemi(m): 7:37pm On Jan 11, 2012
Day 2: No petrol, so we walking from Ogba to Ojota to join the protest.

Re: #occupynigeria: Lagos Protest At Gani Fawehinmi Park, Ojota. by Ilekokonit: 8:45pm On Jan 11, 2012
Even the Policemen were confused with the sheer numbers that turned up at Ojota

[url=http://www.gbengasesan.com/?p=966[/color]
]http://www.gbengasesan.com/?p=966
[/url]
[url=http://www.gbengasesan.com/?p=969[/color]
]http://www.gbengasesan.com/?p=969
[/url]
[url=http://www.gbengasesan.com/?p=986[/color]
]http://www.gbengasesan.com/?p=986
[/url]

Re: #occupynigeria: Lagos Protest At Gani Fawehinmi Park, Ojota. by nelly4(f): 12:19am On Jan 12, 2012
Please lets spread dis information so this man can be ,made to pay and find no hiding place again, he is d DPO by name Segun Fabunmi, who killed Ademola in cold blood, had previously killed some1 sometime ago. He was dismissed and later re-instated after 6yrs with the help of late DCP Adegbite. He has done it again.
He built a house at no 1 Oduwole Street ogudu ori oke with fleet of cars over 15. Let d Police, SSS, Human Rights Activists etc investigate him.
Re: #occupynigeria: Lagos Protest At Gani Fawehinmi Park, Ojota. by honeric01(m): 5:02am On Jan 12, 2012
WHY ARE WE DOING THIS NOW? -By Ben Bruce

Let us remind ourselves the reason for this showdown. It is not about subsidy, I keep repeating this fact. It is about the following indices that make our government big, wasteful and ineffective:

Big and overblown governments at all levels

70 Ministers

Over twenty Special advisers (on what?)

Every minister is entitled to 4 Special Assistants.

Senate President earns 88 Million Naira monthly.

His Deputy Earns 55 Million Naira monthly.

Senators take home 14 Million Naira monthly.

It takes 1.4 Billion naira to maintain the NASS annually (Remember what Sanusi said about 25% of our GDP is used to feed people who only sit Tuesday – Thursday).

Our Governors exhibit such level of opulence shunned by the richest nations in the world

Our 2012 budget has a deficit component to it. We are supposed to borrow about 1.6 TRILLION NAIRA.

NASS will be paid from that! Aso Rock will use 1 Billion of it to eat! Aso Rock will use another 1 Billion to fuel generators.

The Vice President will use 58 Million Naira to buy newspapers.

The office of Patience Jonathan will use 500 Million to speak bad English to you.

We will spend close to 500 Billion on International Travels.

In 2012, some state governors will collect 100 Million as security votes MONTHLY.

They will continue to enjoy immunity clause!

Your hospitals will have no drugs.

Your schools will still have no quality to train a world class scholar

Your roads will still be death traps.

You will still be a local government unto yourself, providing water, security, power and social security!

You will still pay more for petroleum products.

You will pay toll in 2012 on federal interstate roads.

If you will like this to continue in 2012, then stay at home and enjoy power as provided by PHCN!
Re: #occupynigeria: Lagos Protest At Gani Fawehinmi Park, Ojota. by Nobody: 6:23am On Jan 12, 2012
you mean ben bruce wrote this stuff? I won't believe until you show me a verified link to this

honeric01:

Let us remind ourselves the reason for this showdown. It is not about subsidy, I keep repeating this fact. It is about the following indices that make our government big, wasteful and ineffective:

70 Ministers

It takes 1.4 Billion naira to maintain the NASS annually (Remember what Sanusi said about 25% of our GDP is used to feed people who only sit Tuesday – Thursday).

Our Governors exhibit such level of opulence shunned by the richest nations in the world

Our 2012 budget has a deficit component to it. We are supposed to borrow about 1.6 TRILLION NAIRA.

NASS will be paid from that! Aso Rock will use 1 Billion of it to eat! Aso Rock will use another 1 Billion to fuel generators.

The office of Patience Jonathan will use 500 Million to speak bad English to you.

In 2012, some state governors will collect 100 Million as security votes MONTHLY.

You will still be a local government unto yourself, providing water, security, power and social security!

If you will like this to continue in 2012, then stay at home and enjoy power as provided by PHCN!
Re: #occupynigeria: Lagos Protest At Gani Fawehinmi Park, Ojota. by Suntemi(m): 6:38am On Jan 12, 2012
honeric01:

70 Ministers

I can't allow that, Everyday, I and my friends walk to Ojota whenever we can't get fuel to get there. Today is no exception.
Re: #occupynigeria: Lagos Protest At Gani Fawehinmi Park, Ojota. by daregold: 7:00am On Jan 12, 2012
Sanusi is not a saint but a PROFESSIONAL FRAUD TOOL in the hand of GEJ. The two big banks oceanic and intercontinental were technically taken over by the CABALS,GODFATHERS AND GEJ.The whole process of banking reform is a BIG FRAUD, including AMCON. You the onlookers won't know what is happening underground because they have packaged you to think in a certain way or direction.All those noise you are hearing over the TV, Dailies and Radio by Sanusi are all propaganda to package all Nigerians.

No body will ever know that OBJ took over the 2nd largest bank in Nigeria when he was in power. What you are seeing today is the strategy to seal all their underground deals or buy over of those banks, buy more oil well, buy up PHCN etc. You never ask yourself why is repairing and building more refineries not a priority to the government.GEJ objective is to loot using professionals just like OBJ and the then CBN governor among others.

They will package their evil game plan as a benefit to the public in other to steal. What GEJ is telling us about fuel subsidy removal today, Babangida, OBJ told us the same. But today where is the money and where is the magin, where are the roads and infrastructures and other things they promised.

The game plan is simply to use the money for the public for 1-2 yr, then they go away with the subsequent money and deletion of the source of funds from paper and all they will tell you is that the funds are being used for so and so.

Must everyone that rule Nigeria loot?

I AM CERTAIN IN MY HEART THAT ANY MAN THAT LOOT THIS NATION WILL EXPERIENCE THE WRATH OF GOD AND THEIR CHILDREN UNBORN WILL NOT ESCAPE GOD'S WRATH.

If 6% depositors own 88% of bank deposit in Nigeria, then we all have to sit down and think.

PLEASE PRAY EARNESTLY FOR THIS NATION THAT GOD SHOULD HAVE MERCY ON US AND EXTINCT THE EVIL MEN AND TAKE OVER THIS NATION.
Re: #occupynigeria: Lagos Protest At Gani Fawehinmi Park, Ojota. by honeric01(m): 8:52am On Jan 12, 2012
diluminati:

you mean ben bruce wrote this stuff? I won't believe until you show me a verified link to this

you want a link? watch stv, it's always there when he's talking.
Re: #occupynigeria: Lagos Protest At Gani Fawehinmi Park, Ojota. by mukina2: 11:00am On Jan 12, 2012
sun_temi:

mukina2, were u there too? How I wish I can identify you.
I was not there  smiley
oh wow thats you. cool!
Re: #occupynigeria: Lagos Protest At Gani Fawehinmi Park, Ojota. by mukina2: 11:36am On Jan 12, 2012
#OccupyNigeria: Protest Day 11, Strike Day 4: Tunde Kelani at the Gani Fawehinmi Park, Ojota, Lagos
Re: #occupynigeria: Lagos Protest At Gani Fawehinmi Park, Ojota. by mukina2: 11:39am On Jan 12, 2012
Re: #occupynigeria: Lagos Protest At Gani Fawehinmi Park, Ojota. by muami(m): 11:49am On Jan 12, 2012
Traders Unhappy Over Closure Of Market
Some traders in Lagos on Wednesday expressed displeasure over the continued closure of markets and their loss of revenue, the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports. The markets have remained shut for three consecutive days since the nationwide strike called by a coalition of the NLC, TUC and the civil society began on Monday. The strike was called to protest the Federal Government’s removal of subsidy on Premium Motor Spirit (PMS) on January 1. The traders who spoke with NAN in separate interviews, urged the Federal Government and labour to dialogue and save Nigerians from more hardship. NAN quotes the traders as saying that their anguish stemmed from the fact that neither the government nor labour would compensate them at the end of the strike. Mr. Matthew Afolabi, a youth leader at Araromi Plank Market in the Mafoluku area of Lagos, said that the strike had eroded their means of livelihood. Afolabi said that traders could not continue with the industrial action because they depended on their daily income to survive. “Our survival depends on what we make on daily basis.” Afolabi expressed support for the subsidy removal, but suggested that it should be gradual to minimise the pains. Mr. Chukwudi Okonkwo, a spare parts dealer, urged labour to call off the strike, saying that he and his family were starving. Okonkwo said that the timing of the fuel subsidy removal and general strike, coming immediately after the yuletide holidays was wrong. He said that he depended on his daily income for the family needs.
Another trader, Mr. Obiora Nduka, said that the strike caught most of the traders unawares, adding that they would continue to record losses, if the strike was not suspended.
Re: #occupynigeria: Lagos Protest At Gani Fawehinmi Park, Ojota. by mukina2: 11:51am On Jan 12, 2012
[img]http://1.bp..com/-oT7BICuwCXw/Tw60GRSTfKI/AAAAAAAAAPo/4CD_qu2NRI8/s320/%253D%253Futf-8%253FB%253FdHVuZGVrZWxhbmkuanBn%253F%253D-773331[/img]
Re: #occupynigeria: Lagos Protest At Gani Fawehinmi Park, Ojota. by andrewozed: 11:53am On Jan 12, 2012
The stuff you guys wrote quoting ben bruce is fallacious. Ben bruce has refuted the statement through stv. Its displaying at stv scroll bar. Pls folks try to always verify stuff before you post them.
Re: #occupynigeria: Lagos Protest At Gani Fawehinmi Park, Ojota. by ratiken(m): 11:55am On Jan 12, 2012
The Future by TY Bello comes to mind at times like this. To every sincere soul yearning for the liberation of Nigeria from the cabal holding us down, You can be sure there is no stopping us. Things cant be same after these events. Find the lyrics below and be inspired

We are the future
We are the dream
We are the nation
We are part of this

Yes we are so amazing
That’s the least we shall be
At the heart of the nation changing history

BRIDGE
How can they say that we are finished
while we have just begun
When we have no where else to run to
We have no where else to go

So get out of the way
Out of the way Of the land of our dreams
We are the nation we are part of this

CHORUS
Ooooh, Carry the song
Carry the sound
The future is here
The future is here
Goodbye yesterday
Tomorrow is now for the taking
The future is here
The future is here

VERSE 2
I am the future
I am the dream
I am the nation
I am part of this

Yes I am so amazing
That’s the least l shall be

BRIDGE/CHORUS
The future
The future has
The future has come
Re: #occupynigeria: Lagos Protest At Gani Fawehinmi Park, Ojota. by rabzy01: 1:08pm On Jan 12, 2012
Welcome to subsidy
online assistance service. How can
we help you today?
-To know the price of fuel in your
home zone PRESS 1.
- If you are still stuck in the village
PRESS 2.
- In case you need fuel but you don’t
have money PRESS 3.
- To get in touch with a black
marketer in your area PRESS 4.
- If you are interested in marrying an
oil worker especially a petrol
attendant, PRESS 0.
- To personalize your new engine to
start using palm wine, PRESS 5.
- If your new means of transportation
is donkey, PRESS 6
- If you voted GEJ and not PDP,
PRESS 7
- For more info, please stay online to
speak to President Goodluck
Jonathan.
- In case you are not satisfied with his
explanation, join the #OccupyNigeria
protest nearest to you. Thank you.
Re: #occupynigeria: Lagos Protest At Gani Fawehinmi Park, Ojota. by mukina2: 2:04pm On Jan 12, 2012
Re: #occupynigeria: Lagos Protest At Gani Fawehinmi Park, Ojota. by BankoleNco: 2:26pm On Jan 12, 2012
Wait. I don't get it after we occupy will we be give C of O?
Re: #occupynigeria: Lagos Protest At Gani Fawehinmi Park, Ojota. by BankoleNco: 2:29pm On Jan 12, 2012
rati ken:

The Future by TY Bello comes to mind at times like this. To every sincere soul yearning for the liberation of Nigeria from the cabal holding us down, You can be sure there is no stopping us. Things cant be same after these events. Find the lyrics below and be inspired

We are the future
We are the dream
We are the nation
We are part of this

Yes we are so amazing
That’s the least we shall be

BRIDGE
How can they say that we are finished
while we have just begun
When we have no where else to run to
We have no where else to go

So get out of the way
Out of the way Of the land of our dreams

CHORUS
Ooooh, Carry the song
Carry the sound
The future is here
The future is here
Goodbye yesterday
Tomorrow is now for the taking
The future is here
The future is here

VERSE 2
I am the future
I am the dream
I am the nation
I am part of this

Yes I am so amazing
That’s the least l shall be

BRIDGE/CHORUS
The future
The future has
The future has come

Wos, I can see you are jobless. . . . Go out hand protes stop staying here typing song lyris.
Re: #occupynigeria: Lagos Protest At Gani Fawehinmi Park, Ojota. by jmaine: 2:30pm On Jan 12, 2012
See psychable chicks cheesy . . .i must follow go this hunting ground tomorrow . .see trips eeh . . . No wonder the crowd dey increase  tongue
Re: #occupynigeria: Lagos Protest At Gani Fawehinmi Park, Ojota. by tefund(m): 2:31pm On Jan 12, 2012
lABOUR/TUC  SHOULD  NOT CALLED    OFF  THIS  STRIKE   WITHOUT N N65 , ON N65  WE  STAND!!!!!!
Re: #occupynigeria: Lagos Protest At Gani Fawehinmi Park, Ojota. by DAY12(m): 2:45pm On Jan 12, 2012
#occupynigeria

Re: #occupynigeria: Lagos Protest At Gani Fawehinmi Park, Ojota. by mukina2: 3:23pm On Jan 12, 2012
Re: #occupynigeria: Lagos Protest At Gani Fawehinmi Park, Ojota. by femmy2010(m): 3:36pm On Jan 12, 2012
Was at the Ojota Protest ground yesterday.It was massive.
Re: #occupynigeria: Lagos Protest At Gani Fawehinmi Park, Ojota. by DAY12(m): 3:37pm On Jan 12, 2012
We go nack Johna Akpako
Re: #occupynigeria: Lagos Protest At Gani Fawehinmi Park, Ojota. by Limaoscar: 3:40pm On Jan 12, 2012
am really mising all this shows.

anambra, onitsha to be precise is so cool.

traders busy with customers, banks attending to customers issues, children going to school. every is just going on as usual.

maybe i should trek down back to lagos    

Once defetead twice shy. Ibos are too enterprising than to be having to lewd carnivals and going on rampage in the name Subsidy removal strike. Nobody telling us what is happening in Ojota has quoted any clear message apart from Pasuma this, Terry G. that , Dbang, seun, femi  etc (Half of these people I don't even know)

What exactly are the specific Central messages from these rallies or is it because people will participate in Carnivals?  How do we identify hoodlums, arsonists looters and those  on a revenge mission on their political opponents ? What is the way forward? How can the momentum be sustained, what is the plan to engage a delegation of Elder states men across the Country to meet with the President over a deal to reverse decision  or reduce the price because of the irredeamble consequence of the ripple effects of these strike.  
People on this forum who are priviledge to attend these rallies  back home should ask questions  about way forward and all the necessary "what ifs" Scenarios and look beyond the chants of  GEJ this, Sanusi that, Iweala etc if they all leave today because we are so aggrieved(In the heat of the moment) at their performances and call them to question (and we do have the right to do so under the law) who are those "Saints" amongs those waiting in the wings you can trust. Think Nigerians, Think NL brothers and Sisters.

We are tending towards Anarchy with the destruction of live and property going on in some part of the Country if we don't get a grip of ourselves we will be misled  in the wrong direction by those who have another Agenda aside from this subsidy strike. God bless Nigeria!
Re: #occupynigeria: Lagos Protest At Gani Fawehinmi Park, Ojota. by DAY12(m): 3:48pm On Jan 12, 2012
[img]http://www.freesmileys.org/custom/image/redmad%5E_%5Everdana%5E_%5E3%5E_%5E3%5E_%5ENo to Fuel Subsidy%5E_%5E.gif[/img]
Re: #occupynigeria: Lagos Protest At Gani Fawehinmi Park, Ojota. by mukina2: 4:28pm On Jan 12, 2012
Re: #occupynigeria: Lagos Protest At Gani Fawehinmi Park, Ojota. by mixoull(m): 5:01pm On Jan 12, 2012
Re: #occupynigeria: Lagos Protest At Gani Fawehinmi Park, Ojota. by sayosalt: 8:14pm On Jan 12, 2012
Anti-Christ Colonial master.
The religious leader of today are among the cause of our problems, their hands are full of idols of life: worldly pleasures, they seek earthly wealth and power. The book of Isaiah said the prophet and other Christian leaders are the head of government but today they are the tail all because of worldly pleasures & protections they received from government of this days.

Jesus Christ brings about free salvation and we are blessed with all resources God has provided for mankind free of Charge but in turn these days we buy everything. The so called religious leaders are not showing good example in which God has shown to mankind, as we can see their Institution are very expensive common man cannot avoid it and this are the thing governments are looking at by increase institution fees may God help them to realize the free salvation in the son Jesus Christ which can never be compare to anything on earth amen. If the religious leader get to heaven and God decided to tax them according to the way they tax common man on earth i shall not be surprise.

Nigerian this is the time to pray & fast together and lives everything in the hands of God almighty. The revelation I receive is that God has intervene already as you can see the capitalist and socialist power & economy are already entering pit of no return. Once this entire imperialist die forever & ever then we shall be able to control our economy by ourselves. Our government is scare of this people seated upon this country they remote our economy from outside world. Belief me God has intervene and the wicked capitalist & socialist power & economy shall die forever. Let pray let cry let fast so that God shall put is work to finish. Don’t oppose the government but rely on God for total interventions & do not stop God intervene by putting laws into your hand. Romance {13:1} Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are
ordained of God. {13:2} Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation. {13:3} For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same.

Nigeria government said they cannot longer pay subsidy and they intend to pass the payment to the general public by increase the fuel to 140N. America they copied pay the following subsidy Fuel, medical, Agriculture, transport, Electricity and fresh graduate. The only subsidy Nigeria government pay is what they intend to remove and want the general public to pay from there pocket what a wicked & Ant-Christ Government, There salaries & allowances carry heavy duty subsidy 25M per month but they cannot subsidize 76N per Nigerian.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Saraki Opens Up On Leaving Buhari, APC / Oyinbo Lady Calls For Dino Melaye’s Release, Nigerians React / Ambode Stops To Buy Boli (Roasted Plantain) As APC Rallies In Lagos (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.