Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,073 members, 7,821,695 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:56 PM

Rivers Governor Introduces Fuel Subsidy, Cuts Price From N141 To N137 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers Governor Introduces Fuel Subsidy, Cuts Price From N141 To N137 (6115 Views)

Witches Advise Rivers Governor Wike.'pray Harder Not To Lose.' / My View On Buhari's Wife And Her Evil N137 Million IDP Donation. / Still On The The Fuel Subsidy: Will NNPC Sell Locally Refined PMS For N141 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rivers Governor Introduces Fuel Subsidy, Cuts Price From N141 To N137 by prodam(m): 3:18pm On Jan 10, 2012
The Rivers State Government on Tuesday introduced a N4 subsidy on fuel sold in the state.

He also announced that the state government would subsidise transport in the state.

In a broadcast to the people of the state monitored on Africa Independent Television, Rivers State Governor, Chibuike Amaechi, said the state government had reached an agreement with independent marketers to cut the price from N141 to N137.

He said the state government would pay a N4 price differential for every litre of fuel sold in the state. He also said the state government would ensure security for all petrol tankers supplying fuel to filling stations in the state,

link: http://www.punchng.com/news/rivers-governor-introduces-fuel-subsidy-cuts-price-from-n141-to-n137/

chairman, governor forum indeed!!!,
Re: Rivers Governor Introduces Fuel Subsidy, Cuts Price From N141 To N137 by Kobojunkie: 3:19pm On Jan 10, 2012
Re: Rivers Governor Introduces Fuel Subsidy, Cuts Price From N141 To N137 by otokx(m): 4:33pm On Jan 10, 2012
Something does not add up here
Re: Rivers Governor Introduces Fuel Subsidy, Cuts Price From N141 To N137 by efisher(m): 4:35pm On Jan 10, 2012
Welcome the era of regional economics. Same will be seen in the power sector in the coming days.
Re: Rivers Governor Introduces Fuel Subsidy, Cuts Price From N141 To N137 by ektbear: 4:38pm On Jan 10, 2012
Excellent news for any towns that border Rivers State. . . marginally bad news for Rivers State itself, though.
Re: Rivers Governor Introduces Fuel Subsidy, Cuts Price From N141 To N137 by Remii(m): 4:39pm On Jan 10, 2012
He He He, "Divide and Rule" tactics as usual grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Rivers Governor Introduces Fuel Subsidy, Cuts Price From N141 To N137 by jason123: 4:41pm On Jan 10, 2012
Remii:

He He He, "Divide and Rule" tactics as usual grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
You get it but it wouldn't work this time around
Re: Rivers Governor Introduces Fuel Subsidy, Cuts Price From N141 To N137 by otokx(m): 4:42pm On Jan 10, 2012
so AMAECHI intends to use his own share of the phantom subsidy savings to do a mini subsidy; does this not go against Ngozi's consumption theory?
Re: Rivers Governor Introduces Fuel Subsidy, Cuts Price From N141 To N137 by umechuma: 4:59pm On Jan 10, 2012
Regional economy is the way forward

SS 137
SE 140
SW 142
NC 150
NW 160
NE 170
Any region that is unproductive can buy @ 200 that is how a capitalist economy works.No more free oil money for parasites and lazy Nigerians
Re: Rivers Governor Introduces Fuel Subsidy, Cuts Price From N141 To N137 by ektbear: 5:17pm On Jan 10, 2012
If it were me running things in the SW, as the SS states implement oil subsidies, I would implement oil taxes.

Raise taxation to the level where oil is +N40/liter over the price elsewhere in the country, and then you get to benefit from smuggled oil grin
Re: Rivers Governor Introduces Fuel Subsidy, Cuts Price From N141 To N137 by dayokanu(m): 5:24pm On Jan 10, 2012
I thought Rivers people were against subsidy in all forms?
Re: Rivers Governor Introduces Fuel Subsidy, Cuts Price From N141 To N137 by PointB: 5:25pm On Jan 10, 2012
Interesting development.
Re: Rivers Governor Introduces Fuel Subsidy, Cuts Price From N141 To N137 by manny4life(m): 5:26pm On Jan 10, 2012
WOW,

Nice Development,  How do they intend to achieve over payment to these cabals? Anyway, before I speculate, I'm still watching. I've often said, IF AT ALL THERE SHOULD BE SUBSIDY, it should be on state basis, hold your governor accountable.

otokx:

so AMAECHI intends to use his own share of the phantom subsidy savings to do a mini subsidy; does this not go against Ngozi's consumption theory?

Perhaps I missed the memo, what is this theory you speak of? embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Rivers Governor Introduces Fuel Subsidy, Cuts Price From N141 To N137 by fyneguy: 5:28pm On Jan 10, 2012
I hope this is not an avenue for some people to steal
Re: Rivers Governor Introduces Fuel Subsidy, Cuts Price From N141 To N137 by Nchara: 5:28pm On Jan 10, 2012
Resource control, now or never.
Re: Rivers Governor Introduces Fuel Subsidy, Cuts Price From N141 To N137 by otokx(m): 5:35pm On Jan 10, 2012
@manny4life

Its like you missed the AIT programme "matters arising" which featured Ngozi and Sanusi. Two of them said we should stop subsidizing consumption and start subsidizing production.
Re: Rivers Governor Introduces Fuel Subsidy, Cuts Price From N141 To N137 by LogicMind: 5:40pm On Jan 10, 2012
This is how I feel about this: I am part of nigeria but not part of rivers state. So rivers can do what they want with their money but nigeria needs my opinion.
Re: Rivers Governor Introduces Fuel Subsidy, Cuts Price From N141 To N137 by manny4life(m): 5:42pm On Jan 10, 2012
otokx:

@manny4life

Its like you missed the AIT programme "matters arising" which featured Ngozi and Sanusi. Two of them said we should stop subsidizing consumption and start subsidizing production.

Unfortunately, I don't watch AIT, that is why I asked what this theory was.Makes sense, although I do agree with them partially,
Re: Rivers Governor Introduces Fuel Subsidy, Cuts Price From N141 To N137 by otokx(m): 5:46pm On Jan 10, 2012
Please try and watch them - Papa Ayo Opadokun just finished Goodluck Jonathan, Ngozi Okonjo Iweala and Sanusi put together. They are lacking, deficit in intellectual capacity. They want to revive a railway system that is designed on the old narrow guage when the world is now going to fast bullet trains.
Re: Rivers Governor Introduces Fuel Subsidy, Cuts Price From N141 To N137 by beafroast: 5:50pm On Jan 10, 2012
i hope sey 'CABALS' no go hijack dis subsidy tomorow.
Re: Rivers Governor Introduces Fuel Subsidy, Cuts Price From N141 To N137 by efisher(m): 8:53am On Jan 11, 2012
I seriously doubt if the governor will actually have to pay money (cash out) to sustain this. It will only make sense if the state is offering a reduction in margin, tax or something that doesn't involve the state spending. Any other thing is just a waste.

I've always known that the current price can be brought further down a bit without any subsidy. I await more info.
Re: Rivers Governor Introduces Fuel Subsidy, Cuts Price From N141 To N137 by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 8:55am On Jan 11, 2012
Dat money could be used to fund railway protect, build bridges or expand port harcourt metropolis. Foolish.
Re: Rivers Governor Introduces Fuel Subsidy, Cuts Price From N141 To N137 by Nobody: 9:00am On Jan 11, 2012
Isnt this surprising? Stuffs like this is the beginning of Regional Government and likely secession.
Re: Rivers Governor Introduces Fuel Subsidy, Cuts Price From N141 To N137 by doctokwus: 9:20am On Jan 11, 2012
Nobody shd support this rubbish;this is just anoda avenue for some people to enrich themselves;am disappointed in Amaechi,I thought that unlike his hat wearing fisherman in abuja,he's a deep thinker.What are u paying for,how do u get accurate figures of litres sold,how do u prevent some cartel frm buying& going to sell in neighbouring Abia,bayelsa where it may b costlier;figures will b cooked& some billionaires will emerge frm dis state subsidy.Kai,this people will not stop to disappoint,this is nothing but state oil corruption brewing!
Re: Rivers Governor Introduces Fuel Subsidy, Cuts Price From N141 To N137 by Nobody: 9:23am On Jan 11, 2012
three letters, LOL!
Re: Rivers Governor Introduces Fuel Subsidy, Cuts Price From N141 To N137 by abdulkoro: 9:27am On Jan 11, 2012
The governor is a big clown. what does he take nigerians to be. God punish him.
Re: Rivers Governor Introduces Fuel Subsidy, Cuts Price From N141 To N137 by ayzree: 9:31am On Jan 11, 2012
Do You know That its only in this Stupid Porth harcourt that there has been no protest or movement restriction, things are flowing as normal, institutions and companies are opened, Some banks run skeletal operation. no gathering at all ,, not even 2 pple. Everything is just normal. I Hate to live and work here. I wish i was in Lagos

But no wahala sha until we buy razor blade for 500naira den we will understand y we need to protest . Nonsence
Re: Rivers Governor Introduces Fuel Subsidy, Cuts Price From N141 To N137 by Nobody: 9:33am On Jan 11, 2012
This is getting really interesting

This uselesss eediots must think Nigerians are stupid

What is the difference between these prices

These politicians self are goddam stupid
Re: Rivers Governor Introduces Fuel Subsidy, Cuts Price From N141 To N137 by rocean: 9:34am On Jan 11, 2012
storyyyyyyyyyy that touchessssssssssssss
Re: Rivers Governor Introduces Fuel Subsidy, Cuts Price From N141 To N137 by annytee(m): 9:36am On Jan 11, 2012
Who send am message, another channel for diversion, TEAFUL TEAFUL!!!
Re: Rivers Governor Introduces Fuel Subsidy, Cuts Price From N141 To N137 by Nobody: 9:37am On Jan 11, 2012
This is How the strike and protest crumbles. Its called Regional Governance, not only will Rivers State pay 4 naira. They will subsidize electricity and buil their power plants. Akwa Ibom is coming with a bumper package which after 2 yrs they clamour for 100% resource control because they have more to offer their citizens. Welcome to Regional governance. Each State needs to find its resources. No more NigerDelta funding One Nigeria
Re: Rivers Governor Introduces Fuel Subsidy, Cuts Price From N141 To N137 by ibrobell(m): 9:40am On Jan 11, 2012
Good develoopment. But N4 makes little no difference.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Niger East Senatorial By-election Update / FG To Ban Importation Of Fabric For Producing Security Agencies’ Uniform / Nigeria @ 58: Ugwuanyi Salutes Buhari, Pays Tribute To Nation’s Founding Fathers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.