Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,141 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:04 AM

Please Stop Posting Pictures Of The Dead. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Please Stop Posting Pictures Of The Dead. (2037 Views)

Ofodirinwa's Challenge: Post 1 Buhari Project And I'll Stop Posting For A Month. / Akpabio: I Returned From The Land Of The Dead, PMB Called Me While In Hospital / Joe Igbokwe: Please Stop Patience Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Stop Posting Pictures Of The Dead. by newbride: 4:58pm On Jan 10, 2012
This is a common thing on this forum. When you say things like someone got shot, or a policeman killed someone, i don't see a reason
why their pictures should be posted, Please

We get the picture, we don't need evidence.

please let us respect the dead knowing that their family would not want there picture portrayed on a forum like this.

Let us make corrections henceforth, please
Re: Please Stop Posting Pictures Of The Dead. by Mobinga: 5:16pm On Jan 10, 2012
Shut up.
Re: Please Stop Posting Pictures Of The Dead. by naijaking1: 5:18pm On Jan 10, 2012
Mobinga:

Shut up.

Shame on you embarassed
Re: Please Stop Posting Pictures Of The Dead. by Mobinga: 6:06pm On Jan 10, 2012
Shut up
Re: Please Stop Posting Pictures Of The Dead. by tpia5: 6:11pm On Jan 10, 2012
The op has a point.

Photos dont need to be posted unless the allegations doubtful, and even then, whipping up unnecessary sentiment isnt alway helpful.
Re: Please Stop Posting Pictures Of The Dead. by LogicMind: 6:13pm On Jan 10, 2012
Afraid of reality?
Don't want to see reality?
Still want to live in your fantasy world?
Re: Please Stop Posting Pictures Of The Dead. by Nobody: 6:35pm On Jan 10, 2012
Logic Mind:

Afraid of reality?
Don't want to see reality?
Still want to live in your fantasy world?

Haha. Abegi, help me ask her.

@OP

If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen. Welcome to the new reality.
Re: Please Stop Posting Pictures Of The Dead. by kramer: 12:35pm On Jan 11, 2012
I agree with the OP, these people are fathers, mothers, brothers, sisters to other people. You wouldn't appreciate it if people posted dead naked pics of your father or mother online would you?

If it must be done to show "proof" then respect must first be shown to the family of the deceased and his/her privacy should be protected. Simple!
Re: Please Stop Posting Pictures Of The Dead. by na2day(m): 1:31pm On Jan 11, 2012
@all
Welcome to the reality of the revolution!
Pictures paint a thousand word,
The graphic nature of the pictures make us realise the price that's being paid.
It is d pictures that will make the world realise what is going on in Nigeria just like it brought Tunisia, Egypt, Libya, Yemen and now Syria to world's attention!
If you are so chicken and you can't stomach these, please go back to the romance section where you will get posts that will be agreeable to your stomach.
People are dying in a terrible manner and some people are complaining about naked pictures, does the dead care? nonsense!
Re: Please Stop Posting Pictures Of The Dead. by newbride: 2:01pm On Jan 11, 2012
Silence is the best answer for vultures.
Re: Please Stop Posting Pictures Of The Dead. by kramer: 1:16am On Jan 12, 2012
na2day!:

@all
Welcome to the reality of the revolution!
Pictures paint a thousand word,
The graphic nature of the pictures make us realise the price that's being paid.
It is d pictures that will make the world realise what is going on in Nigeria just like it brought Tunisia, Egypt, Libya, Yemen and now Syria to world's attention!
If you are so chicken and you can't stomach these, please go back to the romance section where you will get posts that will be agreeable to your stomach.
People are dying in a terrible manner and some people are complaining about Unclad pictures, does the dead care? nonsense!

Sorry i have to ask do you actually know how it feels to lose a close relative?

If the deceased would want his/her picture published to prove a point (e.g the man who started the Arab spring for instance) then i would understand publishing his pics without consent from anyone because that was what he died for otherwise it's disrespectful to the family and friends, the least you can do is hide the identity of the deceased or cover his/her unclothedness which we do not do.
Re: Please Stop Posting Pictures Of The Dead. by tpia5: 4:17am On Jan 12, 2012
na2day

listen to kramer
Re: Please Stop Posting Pictures Of The Dead. by na2day(m): 5:53am On Jan 12, 2012
kramer:

Sorry i have to ask do you actually know how it feels to lose a close relative?

If the deceased would want his/her picture published to prove a point (e.g the man who started the Arab spring for instance) then i would understand publishing his pics without consent from anyone because that was what he died for otherwise it's disrespectful to the family and friends, the least you can do is hide the identity of the deceased or cover his/her unclothedness which we do not do.

If the person involved had died in an accident e.t.c
I would have agreed with you.
But you should know that, this is revolution! This is war! and all atrocities must be documented,
All the gory pictures from the Arab spring, do u think permission was taken from relatives before they were posted?
I wonder why we always leave leprosy in Nigeria and will be chasing ringworm?
Re: Please Stop Posting Pictures Of The Dead. by Nobody: 6:30am On Jan 12, 2012
I bet you if the dead man could speak, he wouldn't complain if he was naked or not in the pictures being shown, so long as the world was made aware of the injustice he suffered and how his life was wasted for no just reason.
Re: Please Stop Posting Pictures Of The Dead. by na2day(m): 6:35am On Jan 12, 2012
^ Thank you!
Re: Please Stop Posting Pictures Of The Dead. by 3direct: 9:30am On Jan 12, 2012
I still wonder why the forum is not censor for above 18, op is the kind of person that weep profusely after watching a tragedy film, How many time must they tell you its all fiction, getting your mind program as if the dead will hunt you will do no good lol, wake up!! Picture speaks, Dead dont!! OP wake up!!
Re: Please Stop Posting Pictures Of The Dead. by doctokwus: 10:27am On Jan 12, 2012
Unfortunately pics are evn more relevant in nigeria where we bliv more on rumors,no mata how far fetched.With these pics,no mata how grotesque,we seperate d rumor frm d fact
Re: Please Stop Posting Pictures Of The Dead. by kramer: 12:10pm On Jan 12, 2012
na2day!:

If the person involved had died in an accident e.t.c
I would have agreed with you.
But you should know that, this is revolution! This is war! and all atrocities must be documented,

We are somewhat saying the same thing, read my post again

All the gory pictures from the Arab spring, do u think permission was taken from relatives before they were posted?
I wonder why we always leave leprosy in Nigeria and will be chasing ringworm?

You cannot be sure of the answer to that can you? besides most of the pictures from the arab spring hide the identity of the victims (unless they are popular figures.) and I am yet to see an unclad picture of a victim

kingoflag:

I bet you if the dead man could speak, he wouldn't complain if he was Unclad or not in the pictures being shown, so long as the world was made aware of the injustice he suffered and how his life was wasted for no just reason.

Lets use this example, say you got hit by an okada and you fall and split your brains all over the street (God forbid lipsrsealed) do you mean you wouldnt mind if pictures of your leaking brain (with a zoomed profile of your face) are posted around the web, and newspapers as a promo to ban okadas?
Re: Please Stop Posting Pictures Of The Dead. by Nobody: 4:41pm On Jan 12, 2012
kramer:

Lets use this example, say you got hit by an okada and you fall and split your brains all over the street (God forbid lipsrsealed) do you mean you wouldnt mind if pictures of your leaking brain (with a zoomed profile of your face) are posted around the web, and newspapers as a promo to ban okadas?

Go back and read what I wrote before hitting us in the face with grotesque analogies that don't even make an iota of sense.
Re: Please Stop Posting Pictures Of The Dead. by kramer: 5:16pm On Jan 12, 2012
kingoflag:

Go back and read what I wrote before hitting us in the face with grotesque analogies that don't even make an iota of sense.

Ohh you find my analogy grotesque now? compare that to the numerous uncensored pictures you see posted on here, if i posted such picture here it wouldnt be grotesque to you as long as the person died for a just cause right?

Btw I have gone back and read your comment, now you go back and read mine
Re: Please Stop Posting Pictures Of The Dead. by Nobody: 5:57pm On Jan 12, 2012
kramer:

Ohh you find my analogy grotesque now? compare that to the numerous uncensored pictures you see posted on here,  if i posted such picture here it wouldnt be grotesque to you as long as the person died for a just cause right?

Btw I have gone back and read your comment, now you go back and read mine

What I find funny is the utter confidence a lot of you display on here especially when you're totally wrong!

Can you read or do you have issues comprehending statements? I rightfully  described the picture as a quest for justice, while you came out of left-field comparing it to an Advertisement banning Okada. . .  undecided

Are you ok?
Re: Please Stop Posting Pictures Of The Dead. by ezeagu(m): 5:59pm On Jan 12, 2012
Nigerians have no value for life, or better yet life has been devalued in Nigeria, so in turn they have no reaction to pictures of burnt and mutilated bodies. In any normal society there would be serious reactions to these images, one such image had even started a 'revolution' in Egypt, but in Nigeria it isn't shocking to see a dead body on the roadside.
Re: Please Stop Posting Pictures Of The Dead. by kramer: 6:25pm On Jan 12, 2012
kingoflag:

What I find funny is the utter confidence a lot of you display on here especially when you're totally wrong!

I firmly agree with you on this grin am tired of arguing

Can you read or do you have issues comprehending statements? I rightfully  described the picture as a quest for justice, while you came out of left-field comparing it to an Advertisement banning Okada. . .  undecided
Are you ok?

My point here is if you want to post pictures of the dead then go ahead and post them, but please show some respect for the dead. Just because someone has lost his life to injustice doesnt automatically mean he (or his family) would consent to his picture being used publicly "so long as the world was made aware of the injustice" as you stated. That's a massive error! am sorry but i cant agree with you on that. You cannot compare everyone to Mohamed Bouazizi (the individual who kick-started the Arab spring) he committed suicide in the open because he wanted to send a message to the masses, so passing on his pictures was somewhat justified for its highly likely he would have consented.

The okada analogy was meant to give you an example of what i was trying to say (i expected that you would be aware that there have been discussions concerning a ban on okadas in Lagos) My unreserved apologia if it was too grotesque for you.

That said, we are all entitled to our own views and there isnt a clear right or wrong answer. chinkena
Re: Please Stop Posting Pictures Of The Dead. by Nobody: 6:50pm On Jan 12, 2012
kramer:

You cannot compare everyone to Mohamed Bouazizi

Oh boy.

Anyways, they should have taken measures to conceal his identity and the violent manner of his death so that the Nigerian Police which we all so love and trust can deny that the crime ever occurred anywhere remotely close to Naija, abi? Ol, boy I don tire. You win. Infact any extra-judicial murder that happens to Nigerians on their own soil should not be shown to the world unless the corpse has been draped in a 3-piece suit or permission has been gotten from the deceased's family--- or the deceased himself.

The same Nigeria where the ABSU ra*pe victim cannot be found even though she's alive and breathing. . . . smh

Omo, abeg you don win. Eye dey pain me.
Re: Please Stop Posting Pictures Of The Dead. by UyiIredia(m): 1:00pm On May 28, 2013
kramer: I agree with the OP, these people are fathers, mothers, brothers, sisters to other people. You wouldn't appreciate it if people posted dead naked pics of your father or mother online would you?

If it must be done to show "proof" then respect must first be shown to the family of the deceased and his/her privacy should be protected. Simple!

I won't mind. Maybe_and that's MAYBE !_ if its a nud€ picture.
Re: Please Stop Posting Pictures Of The Dead. by UyiIredia(m): 1:04pm On May 28, 2013
kramer:

We are somewhat saying the same thing, read my post again

You cannot be sure of the answer to that can you? besides most of the pictures from the arab spring hide the identity of the victims (unless they are popular figures.) and I am yet to see an unclad picture of a victim

I wouldn't. Now use another logic instead of an appeal to emotions.

(1) (Reply)

Ifeanyi Uba Says Cosmas Maduka Runs A “pure Water” Business, Denies Fraud / Withdraw From Presidential Race Now! Sheikh Gumi Warns Buhari / Pictures From #walkforambode In Lagos Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.