Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,169 members, 7,815,078 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:54 AM

Senate Asks Jonathan To Revert Petrol Pump Price To N65 - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Asks Jonathan To Revert Petrol Pump Price To N65 (15832 Views)

Senate Asks Amaechi To Resign / Buhari Asks Jonathan To Resign Over Insecurity / We Wont Revert To N65 - Fg Insists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Asks Jonathan To Revert Petrol Pump Price To N65 by 989900: 3:27pm On Jan 11, 2012
@Manny: http://globebreaknews..com/2012/01/ngozi-okonjo-iweala-buys-n12billion.html

Tell me more about that word bank salary. In btw, this is just one of 'em properties

Not one Gov't official especially in Nigeria is clean, but you can't be making insane, ungodly allowances and kick backs and tell me to come and sacrifice from the peanuts I get .
Re: Senate Asks Jonathan To Revert Petrol Pump Price To N65 by kamuzu(m): 3:46pm On Jan 11, 2012
Re: Senate Asks Jonathan To Revert Petrol Pump Price To N65 by manny4life(m): 4:03pm On Jan 11, 2012
989900:

@Manny: http://globebreaknews..com/2012/01/ngozi-okonjo-iweala-buys-n12billion.html

Tell me more about that word bank salary. In btw, this is just one of 'em properties

Not one Gov't official especially in Nigeria is clean, but you can't be making insane, ungodly allowances and kick backs and tell me to come and sacrifice from the peanuts I get .

That's it, I'm so over this,  After three post, you locked into your thoughts, I cannot change that for you. BTW, you want to know more about WBG salary for top execs, let's do this, name the top 25 largest largest banks by capital and their execs earnings, then, I will tell you what WBG is , deal? grin grin grin

I am NOT making any excuse for insane ungodly allowances and kick backs, from what I've stated clearly, she has a right to purchase her home without criticism. Dr NOI is wealthy, was and is still powerful, amongst Forbes TOP 100 Powerful Women in the World, has been involved with all sort of global financial activities and transactions before she assumed her post as Finance Minister, engaged in all types of profit and non-profit activities outside her job so I don't see the need for all that you wrote. Then again, welcome to the world of free thoughts where you and I have the rights to exercise it how we feel.
Re: Senate Asks Jonathan To Revert Petrol Pump Price To N65 by ortopazz(m): 4:13pm On Jan 11, 2012
They r m.a.d m.a.d becos they r crazy, their money is what they want to protect and nothing else! Bunch of miscreants! I.d.I.O.T.S
Re: Senate Asks Jonathan To Revert Petrol Pump Price To N65 by saviola: 4:18pm On Jan 11, 2012
D country is shaking now,boko haram is tormentin d nation(non muslim)how wil Gej fight d 2 battle at d same tym,if d senate has ask him 2 revert,may he wil then re-negotiate wit labour,create n enabling b4 removin d subsidy.No nija man dat knows d ecønometrics of subsidy removal n its positive benefits wit oppose.A country where an average citizen lives below 2 dollars a day an according 2 world bank report 65percent of our workin population are unemployed.plz at diz tym t, we reject d policy wit all totality.Nija belongs 2 all of us,so we are sayin we can be enslave in our fadas land,when we hv d oil in abundance n yet we are among d most jaja nation on planet earth.d same old gees,dem don plan hw 2 eat d 1.3tr.GEj might nt be d problem,what of his hungry,greedy n selfish associates?Abeg na national cake,make ever enjoy am.,we are headin 2 a state n anarchy, /desintegration, GEJ SAVE NIJA
Re: Senate Asks Jonathan To Revert Petrol Pump Price To N65 by 989900: 4:46pm On Jan 11, 2012
Re: Senate Asks Jonathan To Revert Petrol Pump Price To N65 by kamuzu(m): 5:07pm On Jan 11, 2012
989900:

some more on the way probably

Not on the way, in Seme already cheesy cool
Re: Senate Asks Jonathan To Revert Petrol Pump Price To N65 by dayokanu(m): 5:11pm On Jan 11, 2012
Hmmm

So Retardeen your next move
Re: Senate Asks Jonathan To Revert Petrol Pump Price To N65 by dmainboss: 5:18pm On Jan 11, 2012
[size=18pt]Be careful what you wish for! Any move to impeach or kill GEJ will surely split Nigeria and in the end, you will get neither subsidy or even any oil money at all. You will have to build your new countries from the scratch or even face a long drawn civil war that could last for like 10 years.

Be really careful what you wish for! In this epic battle, GEJ has the last punch, believe me. And it could be a TKO![/size]
Re: Senate Asks Jonathan To Revert Petrol Pump Price To N65 by Nobody: 5:30pm On Jan 11, 2012
dmainboss:

[size=18pt]Be careful what you wish for! Any move to impeach or kill GEJ will surely split Nigeria and in the end, you will get neither subsidy or even any oil money at all. You will have to build your new countries from the scratch or even face a long drawn civil war that could last for like 10 years.

Be really careful what you wish for! In this epic battle, GEJ has the last punch, believe me. And it could be a TKO![/size]

i was wondering where the main wastrel was hiding. probably getting drunk in a toilet. the fav gif of the gej zombies

you empty headed noisemakers can fk off

if we decide to impeach that dunce that you shamelessly advocate for, feel free to d o your worst.

bunch of empty headed noisemakers
Re: Senate Asks Jonathan To Revert Petrol Pump Price To N65 by dmainboss: 5:35pm On Jan 11, 2012
oyb:

i was wondering where the main wastrel was hiding. probably getting drunk in a toilet. the fav gif of the gej zombies

you empty headed noisemakers can fk off

if we decide to impeach that dunce that you shamelessly advocate for, feel free to d o your worst.

bunch of empty headed noisemakers

The last time I checked, only the south west cannot impeach the president of Nigeria. You need a 2/3 vote from the 36 states house of assembly. I would love to see how you guys will do it. Interesting.
Re: Senate Asks Jonathan To Revert Petrol Pump Price To N65 by olajide8(m): 5:37pm On Jan 11, 2012
Very pathetic are you guys sure you heard what I heard the NASS can only advise and he can chose to listen or forgo it, impeachment proceedings, this group of legislators would never do that to the person that made them by increasing their allowances from #12m to #45m (reps)and #54m(senate) respectively how I wish nepotism could be put aside by the people of the S.S and S.E and the reality of the issues at stake could be looked at by everybody without any baise I heard nigeria makes #9b daily that means in a month #270b and a year #3.2t meaning about 6.25% are actually spending this while they borrow to sustain the rest of us, according to the paretos rule of a 100% of people, 20% work while 80% don't, amongst this same 20% - 20% actually head these ministries and agencies, and do the stealing while 80% are spectators, amongst these 20%- 20% are actually telling us that they know more then us which form the cabinet of GEJ and this is what we should resist, 2% or less dictating to us that we should continue to subsidize their corruption, when is enough! enough!! my answer is at the point at which you are now harming yourself, 2months ago if you are walking along the road from berger to wuse at about 8-9pm and carrying a hand bag as a woman, you are not safe bag snatch ers and thieves took over abuja same while climbing pedestrian bridges they take your phone and laptop and run, this is hunger joblessness, in the afternoon while you are walking people would openly face you and beg you for money to eat and enter buses, in the face of a minister and D.G going to the airport with fleet of cars and the presidency itself, why do we allow lame argues and sentiments to be cloud our vision as for me today would have been a go turning point for our CLUELESS and WICKED jonathan to back pedal and do what is right first (JOE rome was not built in a day and you can definitely build nigeria in 4 years set the right antecedents) I guess he doesn't know the difference between being a leader-leaders carry people along and earn respect and a dictator-commands respect which only lives with him as long as he holds the mantel of power, rubbish people
Re: Senate Asks Jonathan To Revert Petrol Pump Price To N65 by sweet9ja: 5:38pm On Jan 11, 2012
Nigerians are really fools. So, on what ground are they going to impeach mr. president?
Has he breach the constitution of Nigeria? It's only in Nigeria that someone is punished for doing his job properly.
No wonder the country's been in steady decline.  
Get real guys these are empty threats, anyway, the end seem to be drawing near for Nigeria as we know it.
Re: Senate Asks Jonathan To Revert Petrol Pump Price To N65 by dmainboss: 5:42pm On Jan 11, 2012
olajide_07:

Very pathetic are you guys sure you heard what I heard the NASS can only advise and he can chose to listen or forgo it, impeachment proceedings, this group of legislators would never do that to the person that made them by increasing their allowances from #12m to #45m (reps)and #54m(senate) respectively how I wish nepotism could be put aside by the people of the S.S and S.E and the reality of the issues at stake could be looked at by everybody without any baise I heard nigeria makes #9b daily that means in a month #270b and a year #3.2t meaning about 6.25% are actually spending this while they borrow to sustain the rest of us, according to the paretos rule of a 100% of people, 20% work while 80% don't, amongst this same 20% - 20% actually head these ministries and agencies, and do the stealing while 80% are spectators, amongst these 20%- 20% are actually telling us that they know more then us which form the cabinet of GEJ and this is what we should resist, 2% or less dictating to us that we should continue to subsidize their corruption, when is enough! enough!! my answer is at the point at which you are now harming yourself, 2months ago if you are walking along the road from berger to wuse at about 8-9pm and carrying a hand bag as a woman, you are not safe bag snatch ers and thieves took over abuja same while climbing pedestrian bridges they take your phone and laptop and run, this is hunger joblessness, in the afternoon while you are walking people would openly face you and beg you for money to eat and enter buses, in the face of a minister and D.G going to the airport with fleet of cars and the presidency itself, why do we allow lame argues and sentiments to be cloud our vision as for me today would have been a go turning point for our CLUELESS and WICKED jonathan to back pedal and do what is right first (JOE rome was not built in a day and you can definitely build nigeria in 4 years set the right antecedents) I guess he doesn't know the difference between being a leader-leaders carry people along and earn respect and a dictator-commands respect which only lives with him as long as he holds the mantel of power, rubbish people

1. The SE and SS can never agree because they have been pooed on for so long. They cannot trust thier lives to people like Buhari, Soyinka, Bakare et all. Its just a natural reaction. And to add to that the SS have immensely benefitted from GEJ. So why would they work against him.

2. A man cannot the clueless and wicked at the same time. If he is wicked, it means he has an end game and a goal. If he is clueless, he cannot be termed wicked. Get the jist
Re: Senate Asks Jonathan To Revert Petrol Pump Price To N65 by Gbawe: 5:47pm On Jan 11, 2012
dmainboss:

The last time I checked, only the south west cannot impeach the president of Nigeria. You need a 2/3 vote from the 36 states house of assembly. I would love to see how you guys will do it. Interesting.

Hear we go again with the paranoid delusions that "Yaribas" are trying to bring down "saint" GEJ. Look Mr. Man, by the time this escalate and the searchlight is beamed on the Senate and their wages, GEJ will be gone quicker than you can say "Ebele". If there is one thing you can trust about our Legislators, it is their nose for self-preservation. These guys only care about their 'stash' unlike folks making this an ethnic thing and swearing the sky will cave in if GEJ goes. If he carries on resisting the will of the majority, then he will go. End of story. The man himself is probably tired and cursing OBJ as we speak.
Re: Senate Asks Jonathan To Revert Petrol Pump Price To N65 by tetrabrik: 5:52pm On Jan 11, 2012
can someone kindly tell the retardeen that the people have spoken. Revert first and lets negotiate.
Re: Senate Asks Jonathan To Revert Petrol Pump Price To N65 by dmainboss: 5:57pm On Jan 11, 2012
Gbawe:

Hear we go again with the paranoid delusions that "Yaribas" are trying to bring down "saint" GEJ. Look Mr. Man, by the time this escalate and the searchlight is beamed on the Senate and their wages, GEJ will be gone quicker than you can say "Ebele". If there is one thing you can trust about our Legislators, it is their nose for self-preservation. These guys only care about their 'stash' unlike folks making this an ethnic thing and swearing the sky will cave in if GEJ goes. If he carries on resisting the will of the majority, then he will go. End of story. The man himself is probably tired and cursing OBJ as we speak.

I didnt say he cannot go. I only said he might take Nigeria with him. Except you want to deceive yourself, you will see that not even half of Nigeria is protesting. Except of course, you want to believe the south west press. There is no 150million protesting Nigerians, except on NL. If you think all those senators and reps will come out and impeach GEJ, you must be living in dreamland. But the real point is, he has the last punch and it could be a deadly one. Disbelieve it at your own peril
Re: Senate Asks Jonathan To Revert Petrol Pump Price To N65 by kamuzu(m): 6:17pm On Jan 11, 2012
Is it true that Jona has agreed to revert to 65/litre? can someone confirm this.
Re: Senate Asks Jonathan To Revert Petrol Pump Price To N65 by nairaman66(m): 6:59pm On Jan 11, 2012
I already see Sambo succeeding GEJ, What a presidential Circle, !
Re: Senate Asks Jonathan To Revert Petrol Pump Price To N65 by CuteTj(m): 7:30pm On Jan 11, 2012
@ dmainboss, you must be the one in dreamland. Who told you that GEJ has the main punch? He his the one that put himself in this situation because he seems to be clueless and cant figure things out for himself. Goodluck may take you there but it may not keep you there. How about If South west, North East, North West, some North Central & South East and even some South South (Oshiomole and Sylvia connection) Senators decide to move against him? At the end of the day he may not leave but he may end up BADLY BRUISED & BURNT.
Re: Senate Asks Jonathan To Revert Petrol Pump Price To N65 by CuteTj(m): 7:40pm On Jan 11, 2012
Just because 150 million Nigerians are not on the street doesnt mean they are happy with him. If you care to know, majority of Nigerians are unhappy with him because of his actions and inactions. It was mainly sentiments that got him there in the first instance but with the way things are going, people are having a change of mind and i dont pity him AT ALL!
Re: Senate Asks Jonathan To Revert Petrol Pump Price To N65 by gabbytabby: 8:32pm On Jan 11, 2012
Them for give up 50% of their unjustified salary into the subsidy pot then we will see that they are patriotic and them for get mouth to talk. Total waste of space.
Re: Senate Asks Jonathan To Revert Petrol Pump Price To N65 by Demdem(m): 10:35am On Jan 12, 2012
sweet9ja:

Nigerians are really fools. So, on what ground are they going to impeach mr. president?
Has he breach the constitution of Nigeria? It's only in Nigeria that someone is punished for doing his job properly.
No wonder the country's been in steady decline.  
Get real guys these are empty threats, anyway, the end seem to be drawing near for Nigeria as we know it.

1) Did the retardeen spend more than was budgeted for for subsidy last year without recourse to NASS therby committing an impeachable offence?
YES the RETARDEEN did

2) Has the Retardeen started implementing the proposed budget for 2012 without the NASS authorising him to do so thereby committing an impeachable offence?
O YES the RETARDEEN has started doing that
Re: Senate Asks Jonathan To Revert Petrol Pump Price To N65 by lastpage: 8:32am On Jan 13, 2012
[size=814pt]Its not just Iweala only, JONATHAN"S CABINET IS CORRUPTION PERSONIFIED![/size]

[size=16pt]This one is your AGF (Attorney General of the Federation,) MOHAMMED ADOKE![/size]

http://ireports-ng.com/2012/01/12/exclusive-multi-billion-dollars-hidden-bank-accounts-of-jonathans-minister-of-justice-bello-adoke-exposed/

[Quote]Weeks of underground investigations by ireports-ng.com have however revealed more shocking details about Adoke’s secret bank accounts in the nation’s federal capital territory, Abuja. One of such is an account number 002228052782 at a branch of First City Monument Bank located at Plot 252 Herbert Macaulay Way,Central Area Abuja. In the account is a stunning sum of $16 million US dollars.

Further investigations revealed that Adoke is keeping yet another $24 million US dollars in account number 041152000428 with Diamond Bank located at Plot 117 Adetokunbo Ademola Street, Wuse 2 while another 5.3 million Great Britain Pounds is also kept in the same account with Diamond Bank.

As if that was not enough, ireports-ng.com also revealed that Nigeria’s Justice Minister operates another secret account with the Ahmadu Bello Way branch of Zenith Bank, Abuja where a whooping sum of N6.2 billion is being kept.

Born on September 1st,1963, Adoke was not known for any serious legal practice until he was brought to the limelight in 2010 when he was appointed as Justice Minister by Mr Jonathan. Since then, there has been series of allegations of under the table deals by Mr Adoke using his official position. He has in the last 48 hours issued two statements to threaten protesting Nigerian workers to sack them and charge civil society activists involved in the protests with treason.

Last year, an online publication accused Adoke of taking bribes from an arranged sale of moribund NITEL property in Area 11, Abuja and buy back of same from Adoke’s kinsman popularly called Alhaji AA Oil. Adoke’s share of the deal was said to have been diverted to build a massive mansion for him on Gana street, Abuja. Though he denied ownership of the property saying it belongs to AA Oil, finishing works have since stopped on the sprawling property which was being worked on day and night before the scandal broke out. [/quote]

You see, this is the SMELL OF MONEY, REAL MONEY!
Even subsidy removal pales beside these ones! grin grin
No be Ghost o, na ordinary man like me and you!

Lastpage!

BTW: This is just one of the reasons why l think it is HIGHLY IMMORAL to suffer  one poor widow, all her life just because we "need to remove subsidy to make Nigeria better"! WTF is that?

Re: Senate Asks Jonathan To Revert Petrol Pump Price To N65 by lastpage: 8:53am On Jan 13, 2012
Instead of all this yarnings, let us do some basic maths and see if Madam Okonjo Iweala is not capable of buying this house in Abuja.
She does not even need to deny at all! Its her house, its her money so what the hell?

The point is this:
Lets calculate how much she could have received, even after working for 21years (not all as W.Bank V. President in all 21years but lets just use an average of $350,000/annum for 10yrs.).

The above $350K multiplied by lets say the last 10yrs gives $3.5Million.

Lets say the remaining  11yrs she used as medium officer and got paid $150,000.
For eleven years =>  $1.65Million.

Maximum Total Income for 21years =  $5.15Million.

Now, even if she did not spend a kobo for herself or her family
, and saved all her income (virtually impossible as most earners can only save at most, an average of 40% of income).

[size=14pt]Value of Purchased House =  1.2Billion Naira = $8Million (at 150naira = $1)[/size]

[size=16pt]
That is almost $3Million short!
[/size] shocked shocked shocked

In essence, she has NEVER earned up to that amount in her whole working life! (Even when we make the silly assumption that she saved 100% of all her income!)

``J'' level employees, or vice presidents of the World Bank earn about $289,540. Senior vice presidents and managing directors who have made it to the ``K'' class received as much as $311,000. The president's pay, when you include expenses, lands in the mid-$400,000 range.

its not about igbo, its about d politcal class, and fraud, go an see how d igbo are sufferin in d east, our politcal class, north east west are rogues, this woman, and her brother chichi got $2billion from d buy back deal, OBJ sacked her, aside, the hirin of Georgetown consultancy was without due process, thats why she was sacked, she forced chichi okonjo down FCTA throat under El Rufai

See me see Person that is talking about "Trust Me and Jonathan"! cry cry shocked shocked

Lastpage!
Re: Senate Asks Jonathan To Revert Petrol Pump Price To N65 by jamace(m): 9:10am On Jan 13, 2012
AGF (Attorney General of the Federation,) MOHAMMED ADOKE'S BANK ACCOUNTS IN NIGERIA!

1. Account number 002228052782 at First City Monument Bank with a stunning sum of $16 million US dollars.

2. Account number 041152000428 with Diamond Bank with 5.3 million Great Britain Pounds and $24 million US dollars in also kept in the same account with Diamond Bank.

3. Account with the Ahmadu Bello Way branch of Zenith Bank, Abuja where a whooping sum of N6.2 billion is being kept.

Chei! I don die. cry cry For dis same naija naim judge get dis kain money? shocked shocked cry cry
Re: Senate Asks Jonathan To Revert Petrol Pump Price To N65 by olajide8(m): 7:29am On Jan 14, 2012
dmainboss:

1. The SE and SS can never agree because they have been pooed on for so long. They cannot trust thier lives to people like Buhari, Soyinka, Bakare et all. Its just a natural reaction. And to add to that the SS have immensely benefitted from GEJ. So why would they work against him.

2. A man cannot the clueless and wicked at the same time. If he is wicked, it means he has an end game and a goal. If he is clueless, he cannot be termed wicked. Get the jist
Funny but it is possible
Abacha was wicked but not clueless e.g he kept the naira stable at 22-a dollar, established the PTF that did direct construction and maintenance of roads and didn't increase the price of oil for 5-6yrs did owe contractors, he was corrupt but didn't allow other officers to steal he was wicked for jailing the likes of OBJ and flogging them, arbitral killing that's being wick and not clueless but touch the whole facets of human life without knowing what comes first like buying buses establishment of pricing boards to suck up the astronomical price increase no payment of pensioners only on TV, difficult assess to funds for entrepreneurs only commissioning of building insecurity boko haram issues its endless to show you how clueless a person can be

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Alledged Plan To Islamise Nigeria: “Methodist Prelate Refutes Report”.. / I Won’t Run For Political Office In 2019 ― Lai Mohammed / DSS Operatives Arrive Abuja Court Ahead Of Sowore's Arraignment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.