Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,827 members, 7,810,176 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:30 PM

Pengassan Would Not Be Joining The Strike As Promised - NLC President - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pengassan Would Not Be Joining The Strike As Promised - NLC President (10238 Views)

The Strike Was Suspended Not Called Off – PENGASSAN President / I Will Declare My Assets Publicly As Promised - Buhari / Ayba Wabba Emerges NLC President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pengassan Would Not Be Joining The Strike As Promised - NLC President by jmaine: 12:52am On Jan 15, 2012
NLC chairman . .PENGASSAN would not be joining the strike as promised . . .Business matters a lot  grin

https://twitter.com/Tkamz/status/158333691721039872
Re: Pengassan Would Not Be Joining The Strike As Promised - NLC President by RICHIEBOI1(m): 12:53am On Jan 15, 2012
dem done they compromise? angry
Re: Pengassan Would Not Be Joining The Strike As Promised - NLC President by DanKan0: 12:56am On Jan 15, 2012
LOL. Drama
Re: Pengassan Would Not Be Joining The Strike As Promised - NLC President by Nobody: 12:59am On Jan 15, 2012
They will not be joining --  http:///zyeEqZ
Re: Pengassan Would Not Be Joining The Strike As Promised - NLC President by JomoGbomo2(m): 1:11am On Jan 15, 2012
I wont take that bloger serious on this topic. Cos my OIM is already in the mood to shut down my facility. lets see what happens in the next hours.
Re: Pengassan Would Not Be Joining The Strike As Promised - NLC President by WebSurfer(m): 1:15am On Jan 15, 2012
same 9ja, all about money
Re: Pengassan Would Not Be Joining The Strike As Promised - NLC President by koruji(m): 1:17am On Jan 15, 2012
PENGASSAN doesn't have to join the strike. The strike will join them in a couple of days.
Re: Pengassan Would Not Be Joining The Strike As Promised - NLC President by iluvnaija: 1:24am On Jan 15, 2012
u need to drag fg on their skin to feel huge pain till u get what u want, or else all protest, killings would just be in vain, because they wont compromise.
This is the chance for the world to hear oir voice by pengassan shorting down oil fascility. I dont see fg meeting their own side of the bargain the way things are going and if nlc and tuc loose this fight then nobody will ever support them in any protests.
I see nlc president showing sign of weekness already by not allowing pengassan to join protest. I am having a rethink that they are just playing along the script. In other words this whole drama has been scripted.
LETS WATCH AND SEE!
Re: Pengassan Would Not Be Joining The Strike As Promised - NLC President by Rad1cal: 1:47am On Jan 15, 2012
The threats of the Rad1cal 9ja delta youths in progress

You dare not mess with them, if profit is your aim in their region

NLC had no choice than to apply common sense . . .
Re: Pengassan Would Not Be Joining The Strike As Promised - NLC President by samstels: 10:27am On Jan 15, 2012
JomoGbomo ,is ur OIM a member of the pengassan ,he should be on mgt list .make una dey talk true .we used to be there oo
Re: Pengassan Would Not Be Joining The Strike As Promised - NLC President by tboy11(m): 10:32am On Jan 15, 2012
I think this is as a result of external influence if pengassan should go on strike the the effect would be so adverse in europe,asia etc which they cant take
Re: Pengassan Would Not Be Joining The Strike As Promised - NLC President by Nobody: 10:38am On Jan 15, 2012
What did I say before ? I said if Pengassan shutdown Oil facilities, they wont have access to it for awhile. And the effect will best be called russian fiasco
Re: Pengassan Would Not Be Joining The Strike As Promised - NLC President by karlmax2: 10:43am On Jan 15, 2012
They should not withdraw the should go ahead and shut it down let's Ơ̴̴͡.̮Ơ̴̴̴͡ who the owners of nigeria really is

The millitants are waiting for them to come shut down
Re: Pengassan Would Not Be Joining The Strike As Promised - NLC President by Beaf: 10:43am On Jan 15, 2012
PENGASSAN was quite daft to voice out such a threat in the first place.
The implications of such a move are too far out to contemplate. Lets just say, it would have been the end of Nigeria and the beginning of two breakaway republics.
Foolishness is cheap.
Re: Pengassan Would Not Be Joining The Strike As Promised - NLC President by Osama10(m): 10:44am On Jan 15, 2012
JomoGbomo2:

I wont take that bloger serious on this topic. Cos my OIM is already in the mood to shut down my facility. lets see what happens in the next hours.

Who be your OIM?

I hope it's not the one I think. shocked shocked
Re: Pengassan Would Not Be Joining The Strike As Promised - NLC President by jedisco(m): 10:45am On Jan 15, 2012
Fear don dey catch dey. I thought they were forming strong men for the militants
Re: Pengassan Would Not Be Joining The Strike As Promised - NLC President by Nobody: 10:46am On Jan 15, 2012
Well, I'm a PENGASSAN(downstream) member and we've been on strike since Monday and not aware of any directive calling us back.
Re: Pengassan Would Not Be Joining The Strike As Promised - NLC President by 989900: 11:11am On Jan 15, 2012
how legit is this news?
Re: Pengassan Would Not Be Joining The Strike As Promised - NLC President by Remii(m): 11:13am On Jan 15, 2012
Jarus:

Well, I'm a PENGASSAN(downstream) member and we've been on strike since Monday and not aware of any directive calling us back.

tell them, only field is operational for now, all oil companies offices are a closed and all workers at home.
Re: Pengassan Would Not Be Joining The Strike As Promised - NLC President by 2kurupt(m): 11:30am On Jan 15, 2012
^^^you speak as if the oil comes from the offices of the companies & not the fields angry
Re: Pengassan Would Not Be Joining The Strike As Promised - NLC President by Rad1cal: 11:35am On Jan 15, 2012
2kurupt:

you speak as if the oil comes from the offices of the companies & not the fields angry

cool
Re: Pengassan Would Not Be Joining The Strike As Promised - NLC President by efisher(m): 11:42am On Jan 15, 2012
Militants used to shut down facilities. These days, they keep 'en runnin - Efisher cool
Re: Pengassan Would Not Be Joining The Strike As Promised - NLC President by efisher(m): 11:56am On Jan 15, 2012
Meanwhile, I hope we know the effects of shutting down all our facilities. Even nations at war still keep up production. If we shut down, oil prices will take a slight jump. USA, Europe, etc (who are very proactive and I can bet, already have a backup plan) will find alternatives. Saudi will open more valves and Angola will also smile to the bank.

Back here the story will be different. In a minute or 2, Power from gas turbines will be knocked off the grid (Gas is not stored for power supply). Within a week, refineries will shut down and most of us will not be able to move more than 10km from our homes. Telecom companies will run out of supply and Pinging shall cease. NL will be inhabited by all except Nigerians in Nigeria. Etc etc.
But guess who gains? The NIGER DELTA! The life span of her God-given resource will be elongated for a few days probably into the time when the resource will be better managed for their benefits or better still, when Niger Delta will manage ALL of her resources by herself!
Anyway, I don't see this happening anytime soon. But if it does, be ready for the worst!
Re: Pengassan Would Not Be Joining The Strike As Promised - NLC President by victorian(f): 11:58am On Jan 15, 2012
people clamouring for all mother of strikes tomorrw, will be shocked when soon citizens that are tired of the strikes, hungry at home will rise and fight other citizens that are blocking or disrupting their daily livelihood. like play,Nigerians will start fighting each other. Because some wants to go back to work while some prefer to protest and laze around. Its a pity. Nigerians shine your eyes!
Re: Pengassan Would Not Be Joining The Strike As Promised - NLC President by oluagness(m): 12:16pm On Jan 15, 2012
Jarus:

Bros, are you saying crude oil is not moving out of the site?
Re: Pengassan Would Not Be Joining The Strike As Promised - NLC President by doofanc: 12:20pm On Jan 15, 2012
I'm not sure many of up have weighed the far reaching ramifications of a total  PENGASSAN shutdown.

Nigeria will literally grind to a halt.
Re: Pengassan Would Not Be Joining The Strike As Promised - NLC President by PHIPEX(m): 12:24pm On Jan 15, 2012
efisher:

Meanwhile, I hope we know the effects of shutting down all our facilities. Even nations at war still keep up production. If we shut down, oil prices will take a slight jump. USA, Europe, etc (who are very proactive and I can bet, already have a backup plan) will find alternatives. Saudi will open more valves and Angola will also smile to the bank.

Back here the story will be different. In a minute or 2, Power from gas turbines will be knocked off the grid (Gas is not stored for power supply). Within a week, refineries will shut down and most of us will not be able to move more than 10km from our homes. Telecom companies will run out of supply and Pinging shall cease. NL will be inhabited by all except Nigerians in Nigeria. Etc etc.
But guess who gains? The NIGER DELTA! The life span of her God-given resource will be elongated for a few days probably into the time when the resource will be better managed for their benefits or better still, when Niger Delta will manage ALL of her resources by herself!
Anyway, I don't see this happening anytime soon. But if it does, be ready for the worst!

U dey mind those wey think say shutting down is as simple as switching off their "I pass my neighbour" generator.
Re: Pengassan Would Not Be Joining The Strike As Promised - NLC President by Rad1cal: 12:36pm On Jan 15, 2012
efisher:

Within a week, refineries will shut down and most of us will not be able to move more than 10km from our homes.

Which refineries, the same dead ones not helping matters in Nigeria  lipsrsealed
Re: Pengassan Would Not Be Joining The Strike As Promised - NLC President by oluagness(m): 12:38pm On Jan 15, 2012
The strike must cötinue.
Re: Pengassan Would Not Be Joining The Strike As Promised - NLC President by sleekman(m): 12:55pm On Jan 15, 2012
Beginning to imagine how sick & dumb Beaf is. So militants have the know withal to run d upstream sector. If PENGASSAN(upstream) shuts down militants will now force them back to work? Ori Okpe. Ode. E be like say u don chop beef infected with mad cow disease. You and ur pharaoh will soon know how far? Ode buruku, Ode oshi. Abeg make I ask u, MEND is in support of ur Oga abi? Your mumuism is a mystery only retards can demystify such Ijaw wonder. Sorry to my Ijaw brothers, if I was Ijaw I'll be ashamed this is the best of the Ijaw nation I can produce for president. Una produce a dullard with Phd. How e take get am?
Re: Pengassan Would Not Be Joining The Strike As Promised - NLC President by Rad1cal: 1:00pm On Jan 15, 2012
If PENGASSAN manages to shut down, won't they report back for work grin
Re: Pengassan Would Not Be Joining The Strike As Promised - NLC President by revolt(m): 1:09pm On Jan 15, 2012
THERE ARE TOO MANY DUMB PEOPLE IN NIGERIA.

YOU GUYS DO NOT REALIZE THAT SHUTTING DOWN OUR CRUDE OIL SUPPLY IS A NATIONAL SECURITY ISSUE AND THE EXECUTIVES WILL ROT IN JAIL FOR TREASON.

YOU DUMMIE MIGHT AS WELL START BY CHECKING THE MEANING OF TREASON IN YOUR DUMB DICTIONARIES.

UNEDUCATED ILLITERATES.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Enugu Indigenes In Kogi Transfer Voters’ Cards For Ugwunayi’s Re-election / Iroju Ogundeji Impeached As Ondo State Deputy Speaker, Replaced By Aderoboye / Terrorists Demand ₦4.3 Billion For Abducted Kaduna Train Hostages

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.