Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,836 members, 7,820,917 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:55 AM

Pengassan Would Not Be Joining The Strike As Promised - NLC President - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pengassan Would Not Be Joining The Strike As Promised - NLC President (10243 Views)

The Strike Was Suspended Not Called Off – PENGASSAN President / I Will Declare My Assets Publicly As Promised - Buhari / Ayba Wabba Emerges NLC President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pengassan Would Not Be Joining The Strike As Promised - NLC President by 989900: 1:14pm On Jan 15, 2012
THERE ARE TOO MANY DUMB PEOPLE IN NIGERIA.

YOU GUYS DO NOT REALIZE THAT SHUTTING DOWN OUR CRUDE OIL SUPPLY IS A NATIONAL SECURITY ISSUE AND THE EXECUTIVES WILL ROT IN JAIL FOR TREASON.

YOU DUMMIE MIGHT AS WELL START BY CHECKING THE MEANING OF TREASON IN YOUR DUMB DICTIONARIES.

UNEDUCATED ILLITERATES.

Treason really? grin
Re: Pengassan Would Not Be Joining The Strike As Promised - NLC President by MrResource(m): 1:28pm On Jan 15, 2012
I knew this would happen cheesy
Re: Pengassan Would Not Be Joining The Strike As Promised - NLC President by ebonino: 1:33pm On Jan 15, 2012
while the NLC is dallying with the threat to shut down oil production, government has kept to their threat not to revert back to N65. are you sure the givernment has any regard for the constitution of Nigeria? little wonder the minister of labor said"we cannot pander to the threats of people we RULE"
to shut down oil production was the only ACE of the people but we don't have the guts to play that card which means we have been wasting our time all through last week.
please let SAVE NIGERIA and CIVIL SOCIETIES take over from NLC/TUC because NLC has resorted to business as usual. we cannot let this opportunity slip because if we do, i would advise every participator of the protest to flee the country as this would be just the beginning of ANIMAL FARM SHOW
Re: Pengassan Would Not Be Joining The Strike As Promised - NLC President by moshoodn(m): 1:33pm On Jan 15, 2012
If they don't join, then the strike isn't effective.
Re: Pengassan Would Not Be Joining The Strike As Promised - NLC President by Beaf: 1:35pm On Jan 15, 2012
sleekman:

Beginning to imagine how sick & dumb Beaf is. So militants have the know withal to run d upstream sector. If PENGASSAN(upstream) shuts down militants will now force them back to work? Ori Okpe. Ode. E be like say u don chop beef infected with mad cow disease. You and your pharaoh will soon know how far? Ode buruku, Ode oshi. Abeg make I ask u, MEND is in support of your Oga abi? Your mumuism is a mystery only retards can demystify such Ijaw wonder. Sorry to my Ijaw brothers, if I was Ijaw I'll be ashamed this is the best of the Ijaw nation I can produce for president. Una produce a dullard with Phd. How e take get am?

You are only displaying your low IQ and defective genes.
If PENGASSAN has horns, let them come shut down the oil wells, its as simple as that. Or you come and do it if your chest is big enough.
I guess defeat is so painful, you guys thought you were the dogs bollocks only a few days ago, but its turned out you are the dogs shiit.

Loser, I'm here laughing at you.
Re: Pengassan Would Not Be Joining The Strike As Promised - NLC President by ollyruffy: 2:00pm On Jan 15, 2012
NLC n PENGASSAN have started their business as usual. Only the civil society groups and nigerian masses can fight the government geniuely. A living testimony is Adam Oshi-o-mole!
Re: Pengassan Would Not Be Joining The Strike As Promised - NLC President by kayboyt(m): 2:17pm On Jan 15, 2012
If PENGASSAN is shut down, d whole strike and protest of a tin wouldn't be possible again. Communication wl shut down, movement wl definitely b impossible anymore. The aftermat effect wl b disastrous dat year from now, we wouldn't be able to recover 4m it 3yrs to come. I think the NLC Chairman is just doin d right thing wt d decision. God bless Nigeria.
Re: Pengassan Would Not Be Joining The Strike As Promised - NLC President by LEXYLOV: 2:32pm On Jan 15, 2012
Clown like beaf. shocked
Re: Pengassan Would Not Be Joining The Strike As Promised - NLC President by moshoodn(m): 2:37pm On Jan 15, 2012
Beaf:

You are only displaying your low IQ and defective genes.
If PENGASSAN has horns, let them come shut down the oil wells, its as simple as that. Or you come and do it if your chest is big enough.
I guess defeat is so painful, you guys thought you were the dogs bollocks only a few days ago, but its turned out you are the dogs shiit.

Loser, I'm here laughing at you.
GROW UP BOY
Re: Pengassan Would Not Be Joining The Strike As Promised - NLC President by humblebee: 2:51pm On Jan 15, 2012
2kurupt:

^^^you speak as if the oil comes from the offices of the companies & not the fields angry

and you want to despise the importance of admin work in the office as to effect field work, you dont think papers has to be signed sometimes for field work to proceed and as well as instructions come from teh office, field workers do not just resume to work on their own and start drilling
Re: Pengassan Would Not Be Joining The Strike As Promised - NLC President by jpphilips(m): 3:12pm On Jan 15, 2012
^^^
most oil company offices are closed even in ph but the fields are still active,
I doubt if there is anything done in those offices that the workers cannot do at home all email correspondence and superior authorizations are still flying around.
Nlc thanks for trying though
Re: Pengassan Would Not Be Joining The Strike As Promised - NLC President by manny4life(m): 3:43pm On Jan 15, 2012
I guess the ONLY REASON they are not striking is because ND Militants will #OCCUPY OIL PLATFORMS, well, I'm glad they had to rethink. If you won't do it, someone else will do it for you. grin grin grin
Re: Pengassan Would Not Be Joining The Strike As Promised - NLC President by Nobody: 3:50pm On Jan 15, 2012
Naija city>>expect d unexpected frm ur LEADERS who ar DEALERS
Re: Pengassan Would Not Be Joining The Strike As Promised - NLC President by buJu234: 4:09pm On Jan 15, 2012
if pengassan is out; plz i advice everyone to go home because govt. has won. The strongest union in nigeria is pengassan then NMA b4 nlc & tuc. finally civil society grp.
Re: Pengassan Would Not Be Joining The Strike As Promised - NLC President by osaman2011: 5:11pm On Jan 15, 2012
FELLOW NIGERIAN STUDENTS:-
Its obvious dere is no headway on D subsidy issue. NLC/TUC prefers 2remain on strike, after all as govt workers, Dey will still be paid their salaries even if dey Don't work.

But must we students wait 4 d subsidy issue 2be resolved before we resume?. If ASUU is threatenin 6months strike. Can't we do sumtin? Can't we network wit other universities, mobilise our SUGs 2meet wit our Govt & resolve it?

U dat is supposed 2 be on IT now, U dat is supposed 2graduate dis year, dose in other levels hopin 2leave school in due course, must dey add another year 2our graduation date?

Na our future be Dis o!!!

Pls broadcast Dis msg 2yur friends &dose in other schools if U are tired of stayin at home
-from osaman
Re: Pengassan Would Not Be Joining The Strike As Promised - NLC President by klas(m): 7:54pm On Jan 15, 2012
Nlc president had stated as early as last Monday that pengassan will not shut down oil installations except as a last resort because it takes long time to recommission such after shut down.

As for militants occupying oil platforms. That na joke. Even in their heydays, they did not occupy oil platforms. Sabotaging oil pipelines in the bush or doing hit and run on platform (guerilla war fashion) is not the same as occupying it. They will be summarily dislodged from there by the military. Stop dressing them in a borrowed robe.

PostScript: I thought they said militants have been disarmed? Or what then is the objective of the on-going multi billion Naira amnesty program? Another subsidy cabal?
Re: Pengassan Would Not Be Joining The Strike As Promised - NLC President by PapaBrowne(m): 8:44pm On Jan 15, 2012
klas:

Nlc president had stated as early as last Monday that pengassan will not shut down oil installations except as a last resort because it takes long time to recommission such after shut down.

As for militants occupying oil platforms. That na joke. Even in their heydays, they did not occupy oil platforms. Sabotaging oil pipelines in the bush or doing hit and run on platform (guerilla war fashion) is not the same as occupying it. They will be summarily dislodged from there by the military. Stop dressing them in a borrowed robe.

PostScript: I thought they said militants have been disarmed? Or what then is the objective of the on-going multi billion Naira amnesty program? Another subsidy cabal?
Military?? Who is in the Commander in Chief?? Jonathan would determine whether or not the militants would be dislodged.

The militants have not been disarmed, they were only temporarily unarmed. They still know where to buy their arms. Amnesty Programme?? That is for the small boys. The big boys would restock with just a phone call.
Re: Pengassan Would Not Be Joining The Strike As Promised - NLC President by sleekman(m): 9:11pm On Jan 15, 2012
Beaf:
_SMF-BREAK_You are only displaying your low IQ and defective genes._SMF-BREAK_If PENGASSAN has horns, let them come shut down the oil wells, its as simple as that. Or you come and do it if your chest is big enough._SMF-BREAK_I guess defeat is so painful, you guys thought you were the dogs bollocks only a few days ago, but its turned out you are the dogs shiit._SMF-BREAK__SMF-BREAK_Loser, I'm here laughing at you._SMF-BREAK_

@Beaf Let them come shutdown? Who has d low-IQ now u low life? Laughing at ur mum u mean for bringing a sick retard like u to life(wasted egg)? Or at your dad for cursing the worm that swarm 2 produce a scum bag? Seriously someone needs to hit d delete button. I think God might be considering deleting a malfunctioning program. MOFO
Re: Pengassan Would Not Be Joining The Strike As Promised - NLC President by monex(m): 9:44pm On Jan 15, 2012
klas:

abi o. Pengasson has been and is still on strike. I knew they would not come through with the shutdown. shutdown operations (esp deep offshore) nor be beans and pengasson legally has no right to shutdown production facilities. the IOCs will not allow that. i already laughed my full at the notion of militants occupying oil platforms.
Re: Pengassan Would Not Be Joining The Strike As Promised - NLC President by Jarus(m): 11:17pm On Jan 15, 2012
buJu-234:

if pengassan is out; plz i advice everyone to go home because govt. has won. The strongest union in nigeria is pengassan then NMA b4 nlc & tuc. finally civil society grp.

Oga, PENGASSAN is under TUC. in fact, Peter Esele, current TUC president, was former PENGASSAN national chair.
Re: Pengassan Would Not Be Joining The Strike As Promised - NLC President by moshoodn(m): 5:35am On Jan 16, 2012
They may be under TUC, but they're powerful and with them not striking, NLC wahala might just be in vain.
Re: Pengassan Would Not Be Joining The Strike As Promised - NLC President by Jarus(m): 6:52am On Jan 16, 2012
^
Oga, I'm a PENGASSAN member and we are officially on strike. Only the field members are allowed to work.
Re: Pengassan Would Not Be Joining The Strike As Promised - NLC President by moshoodn(m): 7:03am On Jan 16, 2012
Jarus:

^
Oga, I'm a PENGASSAN member and we are officially on strike. Only the field members are allowed to work.
at least directives are being given via phones or internet and oil still flows!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Delta 2023: It’ll Be Wrong For PDP To Okay Zoning - Clark / Terrorists Demand ₦4.3 Billion For Abducted Kaduna Train Hostages / Bomb Blast In Warri During Amnesty Talks!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.