Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,118 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:33 PM

President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol (34267 Views)

Jonathan Approves Diezani’s Sister And 60 Others For Political Appointments / Pres Jonathan Approves Automatic Promotion for Soldiers who Liberated Baga / Falling Crude Oil Price and Nigeria's N97/Litre Fuel Price (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol by lastpage: 8:36am On Jan 16, 2012
@naira2011
If the president uses force on our peaceful protests, we will celebrate the start of our revolution. We also use this media to call on our security agencies, The Police, SSS, and The Military to drop there arms and join the protest. Let's make Nigeria a Nation. Let's work towards a Nigeria of our Dreams. We can't continue to feed the 1% when 99% suffers. Enough is Enough.

[size=14pt]This is it.[/size]

True son of your FATHER!  kiss kiss
Not some bast-ards who point to their fathers house with the left hand! angry sad shocked

When the military "shenked" Mubarak in Egypt, he had no choice but to surrender though, "the masses played their part" first until it reached that crescendo.
We need to play our part first, the Khaki boys are watching in the wings, believe me.

Lastpage
Re: President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol by prodam(m): 8:37am On Jan 16, 2012
I think Jonathan still won the match but did not take the trophy  smiley
Another days of increased cost of living for Nigerians, Lets hope for a better tomorroe, when people like me and other youth here in  nairaland would have an opportunity to serve this country,
Start now by standing by your integrity and don't take the abati's path. sad
Re: President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol by BetaThings: 8:37am On Jan 16, 2012
igbonla:

It makes sense for NLC and TUC to accept this offer in the interest of peace and progress of the country. GEJ listens after all and considering the efforts of the past few days, I believe he did not do badly.
Did you read paragraphs 2 and 12 of the speech?
Re: President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol by Nobody: 8:40am On Jan 16, 2012
The thing that is [paining me is that , i know GEJ is a good person and means well for Naija. But he is scared of the cabals, he decided to ignore or not trust the 150 million Nigerians that would have supported him if he had gone after the so called cabals! Nigerians were hoping for a HERO! we really HOPED in him!
Re: President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol by Amya(f): 8:42am On Jan 16, 2012
The 97 Naria price reduction is okay. I really don't know why people are spitting fire out here.
Re: President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol by Rad1cal: 8:43am On Jan 16, 2012
naira2011:

Is pastor Tunde Bakare the only pastor we have in this nation? Where are the likes of,

Pastor Adeboye(Redeem Christian Church of God)
Mike Okonkwo(Redeem Envagelical Mission)
David Oyedepo(Slapping little girl pastor)
Chris Oyakilohme(Christ Embassy)
Chris Okotie(Household Church of God)
Femi Emmauel(Living Spring)
Mountain of Fire & Miracles( Dr. Olukoya)
and all other renowned men of God in the country.

Where is the General Overseer of the church whose members were massacred in the north some days ago? Not even a comment in the papers!
They all sit down in their well-built magnificent Headquarters edifice and ask us to fast and pray. Our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ did not only fast and pray for us, He went to the cross for us. And they expect us to pay tithes at the month end. Where do they expect us to get it from? I doubt if our pastors will subsidize our tithes and offerings. We are the labourers, Please, don't get me wrong, am not attacking our Men of God, I know they meant well but their silence is saying otherwise. We are not asking them to fight and shoot guns,  Just their presence is enough. Imagine what will happen if we have JUST five General Overseers on the streets with one million members each. We all know what the likes of great men of God, like Bishop Desmond Tutuh did in Apartheid South Africa. Rev Martin Luther King, Rev Jesse Jackson, Bishop Ajayi Crowther, Hariet Tubman, to mention a few,  Biblically,  Esther, Moses, Gideon, Daniel, Jeremiah, Nehemiah, Elijah, Stephen and all the New testament Apostles, they all took an active part in shaping the destiny of their nations and same goes for the Imams, what shall we remember them for?

Clerics don't need to be bitter and crowd inciting like Bakare, but they passed their message as honorable men should do ,devoid of death threats and e badu belle wishes

Eminent Nigerian Christian leaders have again cautioned President Goodluck Jonathan to listen to the voice of reason, especially coming from elder statesmen like former Head of State, General Yakubu and former President Shehu Shagari, both of whom have canvassed for the reversion to the status quo ante to avoid what they refer to as avoidable anarchy in the nation.

The clerics also warned that enough damage had already been done to the nation’s economy, stressing that it was doubtful if it will be able to withstand any further disruptions symbolised by another round of nationwide strikes, rallies and protests at this crucial moment of the nation’s political history.

Those who spoke at different fora, were the Catholic Archbishop of Lagos, Anthony Cardinal Okogie; presiding bishop of The Redeemed Evange-lical Mission, TREM, Dr. Mike Okonkwo; Spiritual leader of St. Joseph’s Chosen Church of God, SJCCG, Apostle Hayford Alile; Prelate, The Presbyterian Church of Nigeria, Most Rev. Emele Mba Uka; senior pastor of Household of God Church, Rev. Chris Okotie and the director of Social Communi-cations at the Catholic Archdiocese of Lagos, Rev. Monsignor Gabriel Osu.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/01/clerics-warn-of-imminent-war/
Re: President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol by BetaThings: 8:44am On Jan 16, 2012
ojeffo:

All these yoroobas protesting even the new pump price as directed by our dear President should be shot in d head at close range if sighted on d streets in d name of protests.BlO0dy Agberos! Ndi ara!!!!
Stop believing that opposition is only from one GPR, we disagree with the removal of subsidy too
Re: President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol by Nobody: 8:45am On Jan 16, 2012
BetaThings:

Stop believing that opposition is only from one GPR, we disagree with the removal of subsidy too

Dude please just try to ignore certain comments on here.
Re: President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol by birdman(m): 8:45am On Jan 16, 2012
engineerd:

The thing that is [paining me is that , i know GEJ is a good person and means well for Naija. But he is scared of the cabals, he decided to ignore or not trust the 150 million Nigerians that would have supported him if he had gone after the so called cabals! Nigerians were hoping for a HERO! we really HOPED in him!

Do you have any concrete evidence of the bolded or is this just conjecture?
Re: President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol by lastpage: 8:46am On Jan 16, 2012
^^^^^[/b]So the Clerics actually spoke but our moronic President and his entourage of hangers-on will not listen?
[b]They say "the voice of man is the voice of God", A Dog that is about to get lost hardly listens to the Hunter's whistle!

Lastpage!
Re: President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol by Beaf: 8:46am On Jan 16, 2012
engineerd:

If GEJ had not told you about the cabals, would you have known about them?
It seems like whatever the man does, people are ready to hang him for some ulterior motive or the other. I don't think you can even begin to fathom the courage it has taken to pull the rug from underneath the cabal.

Its hard to understand how people can fight somebody that is helping them.
Re: President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol by Nobody: 8:48am On Jan 16, 2012
Beaf:

It seems like whatever the man does, people are ready to hang him for some ulterior motive or the other. I don't think you can even begin to fathom the courage it has taken to pull the rug from underneath the cabal.

I don't understand how people can fight somebody that is helping them.

I knew about the cabals, this one no be mouth! The question u should be asking is, If GEJ had not ADMITTED!
Re: President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol by lastpage: 8:50am On Jan 16, 2012
@engineered:
Like you, l am highly disappointed. l dont blame him, l blame myself, l travelled all the way back home and casted my vote for that nuisance, even campaigning to my friends to do likewise!
It was an "error of judgement" on my part! I accept.

But unfortunately, this would have been an opportunity to immortalize his name, of his own making, Alas, he i too small-minded and too cowardly to smell it!

Imagine, if the "Cabal faced him" and "150million Nigerians back him"? Who will blink first?

Poverty at an early stage in life is a bad thing, something to watch out for in future leaders of Nigeria wink wink

Lastpage
Re: President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol by aljharem(m): 8:50am On Jan 16, 2012
Beaf:

Its hard to understand how people can fight somebody that is helping them.

what are you talking about ?

so helping us is by punishing the populist while the cabals walk free ?
Re: President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol by Nobody: 8:50am On Jan 16, 2012
birdman:

Do you have any concrete evidence of the bolded or is this just conjecture?

It is a conjecture, i am basing my assertion on my interpretations based on his background, but of-course people can change, POWER can corrupt!
Re: President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol by Nobody: 8:52am On Jan 16, 2012
Rad1cal:

Clerics don't need to be bitter and crowd inciting like Bakare, but they passed their message as honorable men should do ,devoid of death threats and e badu belle wishes

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/01/clerics-warn-of-imminent-war/

Lmao and did jonathan listen to the clerics you listed up here ?
Re: President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol by Rad1cal: 8:53am On Jan 16, 2012
Rad1cal:

[size=16pt]Strong leadership at play  grin .

Christ Embassy Church : Pastor, before he was weak, but now he is strong

let some one shout halleluyah . .

[s]All roads leads to the Ojota Carnival site tomowo .Please bring your chicks along and let's make it a day to be remembered

Signed Rally Coordinator  cool[/s] [/size]

Rally suspended , to be reconvened by the NEC and would be related to you later . . .
Re: President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol by Rad1cal: 8:55am On Jan 16, 2012
~Bluetooth:

Lmao and did jonathan listen to the clerics you listed up here ?

That's why Bakare aggression is a personal battle of bitterness and regret

There is no standing rule that says, he must obey clerics
Re: President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol by Beaf: 8:55am On Jan 16, 2012
engineerd:

I knew about the cabals, this one no be mouth! The question u should be asking is, If GEJ had not ADMITTED!

How many Presidents before him "admitted" there was a cabal? Most Nigerians I know would have quietly sat at the table with their evil straws to suck us dry.
If as you say, you knew about the cabals and you also aknowledge the fact that GEJ "admitted" to their existence, why then are you fighting him? It doesn't make sense to any unbiased observer. many would conclude that there must be a hidden motive.
Re: President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol by zenus(m): 8:56am On Jan 16, 2012
Hmmmmm
Re: President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol by DrKnow1(m): 8:56am On Jan 16, 2012
NLC officials have been bought! They sold you out guys. Certainly money has changed hands.
Re: President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol by ebonino: 8:57am On Jan 16, 2012
occupy ojota still on.i'm there now and people are coming in little by little
Re: President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol by BetaThings: 8:57am On Jan 16, 2012
Mayflowa:

I get your point. Everyone of us is guity of corruption. Like you, I really do not trust the government to deliver on promises. But we are losing job because of subsidy. No shewd businessman can build private refinery in Naija with the current situation because you will certainly run at a loss since the prices of crude, the raw material, flutuate in the market.

It is far more attrative to fold your hands and import finished products while you get paid by the govt instantly coupled with all the sharp practices and the chance to reap from diversion to over 10 neigbours selling for N150. Now, jonathan cant stand on road block. Its you and I that will be bribe or our oga who will replace us instantly if we prove too stubborn.

The more we import, the more will create foreign jobs and lose job locally. This go to stop! And please let those increasinsig their prices be fair. Their should be consumer protection unit. these are wporth fighting for!

Please analyse how deregulation of the cement sector has reduced prices especially in relation to neighbouring countries
Re: President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol by mbhs139(m): 8:58am On Jan 16, 2012
Well said my brother, particualrly on the boko haram issue. As you may have seen, the special Jumat service that was held at the Freedom PArk Rally was to actually denounce boko haram and their activities by the conference of islamic organisations.

All muslims were represented at that garthering, and majority of the muslim leaders in lagos in particular came out to speak against boko haram. they stated it unequivocally that boko haram is unislamic and that we dont have any problem against christains.

Wale Balogun K
Re: President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol by aljharem(m): 8:59am On Jan 16, 2012
BetaThings:

Please analyse how deregulation of the cement sector has reduced prices especially in relation to neighbouring countries

sorry but can I just add

he.she should explain how deregulation has reduced the price of fertilizers and diesel fuel. ?

apart from that, what is now the job of the FG apart from passing laws and getting paid ?
Re: President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol by Beaf: 8:59am On Jan 16, 2012
alj harem:

This is the typical response of a parasite. You want the best things in life without a drop of sweat, you are happy for mega corruption to continue, so long as your N65 wages for slavery is maintained. Even when you want to buy a car, you accept the pain, deprive yourself, save up and finally buy it.
Your type is not needed in a Nigeria thats in a hurry to develop.
Re: President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol by Rad1cal: 9:00am On Jan 16, 2012
ebonino:

occupy ojota still on.i'm there now and people are coming in little by little

Please stay put . . make sure whatever happens you don't run . .Goodluck as you occupy
Re: President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol by Nobody: 9:01am On Jan 16, 2012
Beaf:

How many Presidents before him "admitted" there was a cabal? Most Nigerians I know would have quietly sat at the table with their evil straws to suck us dry.
If as you say, you knew about the cabals and you also aknowledge the fact that GEJ "admitted" to their existence, why then are you fighting him? It doesn't make sense to any unbiased observer. many would conclude that there must be a hidden motive.
I am not fighting him at all! I am fighting his decision not to use this opportunity to jump on the people's boat to fight corruption that has put our country in penury for so long. I am fighting his decision to think so little of the resolve of the masses and not use it to his advantage to tackle the systemic corruption that continues to destroy the future of unborn Nigerians. I am fighting his decision not to have taken the high road considering his humble beginnings.
Re: President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol by DonADESIDA(m): 9:02am On Jan 16, 2012
Rad1cal:

That's why Bakare aggression is a personal battle of bitterness and regret

There is no standing rule that says, he must obey clerics

I engineer cabal in my post on page 5 of this thread where I also listed 5 benefits of GEJ removing the subsidy from fuel.
Check it out there on page 5 and it is a real informatioon from the real and unbiased source
Re: President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol by BetaThings: 9:02am On Jan 16, 2012
Beaf:

He wanted to increase fuel price, he went about it by blaming a cabal
So what is heroic in talking about cabal without lining them up at bar beach - GEJ would have been very very  popular for this
Here you are turning the stealing of national wealth into an ethnic battle
Re: President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol by aljharem(m): 9:03am On Jan 16, 2012
Beaf:

This is the typical response of a parasite. You want the best things in life without a drop of sweat, you are happy for mega corruption to continue, so long as your N65 wages for slavery is maintained. Even when you want to buy a car, you accept the pain, deprive yourself, save up and finally buy it.
Your type is not needed in a Nigeria thats in a hurry to develop.

No sir I am not a parasite and neither were my forefathers. I have always wanted the country to diversify.

with that said, you have not answered the question and it has nothing to do with what you typed down.

Read again and answer

alj harem:

[size=14pt]I mean would it not be better to even diversify the economy rather than remove and yet still providing transport etc aka another form of subsidy if you ask me . Or isn't it BEaf ?[/size]
Re: President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol by ebonino: 9:04am On Jan 16, 2012
a crowd is gathering here in ojota,the protest is still on

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

2023: Oshiomhole’s Sack Dims Way For Tinubu / Falz Condemns The 2023 General Election Result / APC Candidate, Dapo Abiodun Meets Gbenga Daniel After Supporting Him - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.