Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,460 members, 7,770,146 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 05:46 AM

Weight Loss Success, Please Share Your Story - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Weight Loss Success, Please Share Your Story (22883 Views)

Put Meditation On The Menu To Boost Weight Loss Success / 4 Important Tips To Achieving Weight Loss Success / Weight Loss Success - 5 Ways Of Making This A Reality (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Weight Loss Success, Please Share Your Story by oada: 3:53pm On Jan 16, 2012
Hi, everyone and happy new year !!

This weight loss issue is big , a lot of people especially women would love to lose some kgs and look better shaped than they are now, I am one of them. Please could the beautiful women in this forum who have succeeded at weight loss tell us step by step what they did to succeed especially as regards diet, i am a size 18 that wants to go down to a size 14. Hearing people's success stories would really help me and motivate me. Please ladies, can we share your stories , a lot of people will benefit from this i am sure. Thanks for sharing and changing lives in advance, lets have your story!
Re: Weight Loss Success, Please Share Your Story by dollya(f): 3:28am On Jan 17, 2012
i ate fruits n veggies for 2 weeks n i lost 16 pounds. grin grin grin grin
it wasnt easy oooo but i was determined to look hot for my sis trad wedding. tongue
losing weight is nt easy but u hv to be determined to achieve what u want.

5 Likes

Re: Weight Loss Success, Please Share Your Story by wizdomuche: 7:57am On Jan 17, 2012
use sandfi juice and shaping lotion i have seen many people who use with is natural product from malaysia. 08033759021
Re: Weight Loss Success, Please Share Your Story by pslm23(f): 4:21pm On Jan 17, 2012
Around the Christmas holidays, I decided to go 100% vegan. I eliminated all animal products and any food with preservatives from my diet. For protein I rely on soy and quinoa. I eat lots and lots of vegetables and fruits and i'm proud to say that in a little less than 4 weeks, I've lost 19 pounds and counting. grin My health is improving daily and I find myself not relying on my daily pain medications.
lifestyle changes has a lot to do with loosing weight and keeping it off.

1 Like

Re: Weight Loss Success, Please Share Your Story by maki(f): 4:44pm On Jan 17, 2012
nothing is working for me ooo, plsss help!!! undecided sad cry

1 Like

Re: Weight Loss Success, Please Share Your Story by scopusng(m): 4:54pm On Jan 17, 2012
maki:

nothing is working for me ooo, plsss help!!! undecided sad cry

Go with garri. Period
Re: Weight Loss Success, Please Share Your Story by stevade(f): 4:55pm On Jan 17, 2012
At least in a month go on dry fasting for seven. i am 100% sure you will like your shape.
Re: Weight Loss Success, Please Share Your Story by Nobody: 5:01pm On Jan 17, 2012
Fast for forty days and forty nights.
Re: Weight Loss Success, Please Share Your Story by jovi: 5:06pm On Jan 17, 2012
@psalm23 are you in Nigeria? where do u get quinoa from? and how do you make it?, what type of fruits also, cause some are actually fattening
Re: Weight Loss Success, Please Share Your Story by Iranoladun(f): 5:09pm On Jan 17, 2012
I gradually reduced my food intake and resume working out on my abandoned treadmill. wink

I've lost 3Kg (just started a couple of weeks ago).  Now I eat once or twice daily with Cucumber in between my meal (I eat it with the green skin and seed).  The Cucumber help in reducing my hunger pang and is almost zero calory cool.   My advise control your mouth; no snacking, no soda and watch out on eating too much fruit that contains sugar.  For me 1 or 2 banana a day and 1 orange. Carrot and cabbage (cole slaw-minus Salad cream).  I eat small portion of meals.

My target is to loose 10 to 12 KG by June (6 months)
Re: Weight Loss Success, Please Share Your Story by fred2265: 5:20pm On Jan 17, 2012
Re: Weight Loss Success, Please Share Your Story by Ivbade: 5:23pm On Jan 17, 2012
I got to 16 but now i shuttle 10 - 12. Use the paw paw therapy and add water to it. it works well and also leaves you healthy. and from there start watching what you eat.

1 Like

Re: Weight Loss Success, Please Share Your Story by mimima(f): 5:25pm On Jan 17, 2012
dont eat after 5pm.sure it works.
Re: Weight Loss Success, Please Share Your Story by babyboom(f): 5:28pm On Jan 17, 2012
my husband is my greatest hindrance to slimming down,  he is slim fitted and  makes me forget dat am watching my weight. tried running in the morning for a week bt discovered dat no pound was lost.
All i need is to loose 5kg and am patiently wiating 4 a miracle.  
But for me no more sugar, cos it is sweet to eat but difficult to get out
Re: Weight Loss Success, Please Share Your Story by ngorluv: 5:32pm On Jan 17, 2012
@ivbade pls wats the papaw therapy and how does one use it? For me my stomach is the problem,I want to reduce it because its getting bigger,pls what do I have to do to reduce it?thanx NLanders
Re: Weight Loss Success, Please Share Your Story by tishat(f): 5:34pm On Jan 17, 2012
I eat all I want nd just.a one tea from the monks in Edo state nd I still remain.a sexy size 10
Re: Weight Loss Success, Please Share Your Story by baby4u2(f): 5:50pm On Jan 17, 2012
There is nothing like determination. Once you set your mind to it, you can do it. I am very very glad I am travelling for my work and they get to buy all my food. From what I can see here, the people that lost weight were determined. I am going to my hotel to throw away all my pizza, rice, and rubbishhhhhhhhhhhhh from the frigde. I am tired of deceiving myself and postponing. Size 8 here I comeeeeeeeeeee. I can already see myself looking so so beautiful for my husband to be. WOW.
Re: Weight Loss Success, Please Share Your Story by baby4u2(f): 5:51pm On Jan 17, 2012
I so glad i read this posting today. This is a my motivation.
Re: Weight Loss Success, Please Share Your Story by ronkebp(f): 5:57pm On Jan 17, 2012
@ Poster, you need to set a realistice goal, then work towards meeting those goals.
You will need to have a longterm weight loss goal say, 8 months, and that within this 8 months yopu want to loose may be 30kg.

Then start exercising, i mean a daily routine, the first month would be callenging, but keep on, don't give up, might not see cahnges in the sacle in the first three months, but gradually you will build muscles that would help in speeding up your metabolism rate.

Watch your food intake, you don't wnat to eat too much, watch your food portions and fill it up with wtaer or fruits, there are times you would crave, satisfy those cravings with fruits.

Count your calories, please count it, there are calories count for everything you eat, aim at eating at most 1500 - 2000 calories, then burn off 200-500 by exercising daily, if you constantly count your calosries, you will shed weight just by counting your calories, but exercises helps tone your body, increase metabolism and helps you burn unnecessary calories.

1 Like

Re: Weight Loss Success, Please Share Your Story by ronkebp(f): 5:57pm On Jan 17, 2012
Above all, remain focused and determined and don't be discouraged.
Re: Weight Loss Success, Please Share Your Story by slam7000(m): 6:00pm On Jan 17, 2012
@poster, You are what you eat,your gene contributes to your large frame.some people will consume mountains of food and still look slim while others wldnt eat much to put on weight, its all about your metabolism, how your body handles what you eat, i,ll advice you cut down o0n the calories,eat lots of fibre foods, eat veg and fruits and most importantly , EXERCISE,WORKOUT,EXERCISE,WORKOUT, that way you burn calories and tone your body, goodluck and pls dont listen to those crap about shaping lotion and other rubbish packaged from either china or any of those far east countries, they are all FAKE.   DONT BUY THEM COS THEY WONT HELP, I SAID SO.

1 Like

Re: Weight Loss Success, Please Share Your Story by Jeezy: 6:05pm On Jan 17, 2012
baby4u2:

There is nothing like determination. Once you set your mind to it, you can do it. I am very very glad I am travelling for my work and they get to buy all my food. From what I can see here, the people that lost weight were determined. I am going to my hotel to throw away all my pizza, rice, and rubbishhhhhhhhhhhhh from the frigde. I am tired of deceiving myself and postponing. Size 8 here I comeeeeeeeeeee. I can already see myself looking so so beautiful for my husband to be. WOW.

Uhm, what size are you now wink wink
Re: Weight Loss Success, Please Share Your Story by livin: 6:36pm On Jan 17, 2012
I cut down on carbs, NO soda, included more vegetables in my meals, and ran for at least 30mins 4 times a week.

lost 18kg in 3months. I was inspired by a friend who lost more than that

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Weight Loss Success, Please Share Your Story by pslm23(f): 6:39pm On Jan 17, 2012
jovi:

@psalm23 are you in Nigeria? where do u get quinoa from? and how do you make it?, what type of fruits also, cause some are actually fattening

Jovi, i don't think quinoa can be found in Nigeria unless you look for it in any store that exclusively sells oyibo food for the expatriates. To me it looks like couscous after it has been cooked. Here is a link that will give you a better description of quinoa. http://www.americandiabetes.com/living-diabetes/diabetes-food-articles/quinoa-another-great-weight-loss-food . It is absolutely delicious if properly cooked, easy to cook and contains more protein than soy.
As for fruits, i eat a whole grapefruit every morning with my breakfast, an orange and tangerine with my lunch. Portion control is also very essential in loosing weight and keeping it off. Our eyes are always bigger than our stomach and that's where our main wahala comes from when it comes to food. eat small portions and drink plenty of water. If i feel peckish in the middle of the day, i munch on raw almond nuts mixed with cranberry seeds or raisins. cut out all kinds of soda and make water your best friend. i see some people suggesting fasting for whatever period of time, that is a wrong and dangerous move to make in the name of dieting. If you starve your body of food you will only end up loosing weight temporarily but that weight will come back in triple doses with every little thing you put in your mouth unless you decide to starve yourself or fast for the rest of your life.
Re: Weight Loss Success, Please Share Your Story by Dawdy(m): 6:41pm On Jan 17, 2012
Drink water alot, believe me it helps alot.
Re: Weight Loss Success, Please Share Your Story by jovi: 6:47pm On Jan 17, 2012
thanks pslm 23. . I bought down here, but maybe i shd have rinsed more, it has a bitterish taste to it,
kindly give tips on how to cook it right undecided and delicious!
Re: Weight Loss Success, Please Share Your Story by pslm23(f): 6:59pm On Jan 17, 2012
jovi:

thanks pslm 23. . I bought down here, but maybe i shd have rinsed more, it has a bitterish taste to it,
kindly give tips on how to cook it right undecided and delicious!

Tip # 1 is to make sure you soak the quinoa for at least 5-10 mins. That helps get rid of the bitterness. The quinoa that i buy from my whole food store has already been steamed and properly cleaned before packaging and so does not have the bitter taste.
I cook mine like i would cook rice. After 12-15 mins of cooking and after the water is absorbed, i use a fork to fluff it and that's it. In another pot i now start preparing the vegetable sauce i want to eat it with. if you want I can give you a real simple quinoa recipe that is easy to make and that you would love. it's a vegan recipe but if you want, you can use meat.
Re: Weight Loss Success, Please Share Your Story by baby4u2(f): 7:04pm On Jan 17, 2012
@Jeezy, I am a size 12 ohhhhhhh. One minute my clothes cant fit anymore, dont know how i come eat reach that side oh. Too much eating. grin
Re: Weight Loss Success, Please Share Your Story by blank(f): 7:08pm On Jan 17, 2012
Nothing works for me. I rather get the opposite effect. cry
Re: Weight Loss Success, Please Share Your Story by jovi: 7:16pm On Jan 17, 2012
yes recipe pleeeese kissthanks,
Re: Weight Loss Success, Please Share Your Story by Nobody: 7:30pm On Jan 17, 2012
pslm23:

Around the Christmas holidays, I decided to go 100% vegan. I eliminated all animal products and any food with preservatives from my diet. For protein I rely on soy and quinoa. I eat lots and lots of vegetables and fruits and i'm proud to say that in a little less than 4 weeks, I've lost 19 pounds and counting.  grin My health is improving daily and I find myself not relying on my daily pain medications.
lifestyle changes has a lot to do with loosing weight and keeping it off.

Unless you plan on keeping this up, you'll find that you'll probably put all the weight back on at some point. The healthy and sustainable way to weight loss is gradual reduction in your food intake and exercising.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Coronavirus: Nigerian Who Returned After Week-Long Trip To France in isolation / Therapy Room .. Nairaland! / Jonathan - No Nigerian To Die Of HIV Henceforth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.