Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,726 members, 7,816,988 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:20 PM

Soldiers Brutalise El-rufai In Abuja - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soldiers Brutalise El-rufai In Abuja (17734 Views)

Tinubu Drives El-Rufai In A Taxi Cab In Kaduna (Photos) / El Rufai In Court To Sue The Union Over Report Of Declaration Of Assets..photos / Soldiers Attack El-Rufai In Kaduna (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Soldiers Brutalise El-rufai In Abuja by nduchucks: 6:05pm On Jan 16, 2012
Na wa o.

A former Minister of the Federal Capital Territory, Nasir El-Rufai, was brutalised by soldiers in Abuja, his friend and former cabinet colleague, Femi Fani-Kayode, has said.

Mr. El-Rufai, a former member of the ruling Peoples Democratic Party, is now a chieftain of the opposition Congress for Progressive Change.

In the ongoing nationwide protest over the cut in gasoline subsidy, he has become a rallying point for civil society and the opposition.

Mr. Fani-Kayode said on his Facebook page Mr. El-Rufai was attacked by soldiers in the Wuse District of Abuja at a point where Abuja protesters usually converge for their rallies.

He said the officers tried to seize the former minister's telephones as well as other recording devices on him. Other protesters were also brutalised, he say.

Mr. Fani-Kayode said, "My friend and brother Nasir El-Rufai has just been attacked and brutalised by a group of soldiers led by a colonel of the Nigerian Army in Wuse 2, Abuja. They tried to get his phone from him and to grab other recording devices of the Occupy Nigeria Group.

"This happened at the spot that the group usually converge to meet and demonstrate. Many other members of the group were attacked as well and I guess that we are lucky that no-one was killed.

"Welcome to Goodluck's Nigeria."

Mr. El-Rufai could not be reached for comments, and his whereabouts is unknown. His media consultant, Muyiwa Adekeye, said he was in Lagos and was not aware of the attack on his client.

http://premiumtimesng.com/index.php/news/3460-soldiers-brutalise-nasir-el-rufai-in-abuja.html
Re: Soldiers Brutalise El-rufai In Abuja by umechuma: 6:10pm On Jan 16, 2012
I hope he is paralyzed now,if not then bad news
Usual corrupt Aboki
Re: Soldiers Brutalise El-rufai In Abuja by Nobody: 6:10pm On Jan 16, 2012
Nigeria is no longer safe again as it has become another Abach regime where soldiers go on killing spree.Soldiers are brutalizing civilians as if we are in syria.Why did power get into this minority hand for God sake ?
Re: Soldiers Brutalise El-rufai In Abuja by Kobojunkie: 6:12pm On Jan 16, 2012
Hi Friends did not bother getting picture evidence of this?
Re: Soldiers Brutalise El-rufai In Abuja by muami(m): 6:13pm On Jan 16, 2012
~Bluetooth:

Nigeria is no longer safe again as it has become another Abach regime where soldiers go on killing spree.Soldiers are brutalizing civilians as if we are in syria.Why did power get into this minority hand for God sake ?
, But it was safe when your brother OBJ was busy bombing Odi, Umuechem etc?
Re: Soldiers Brutalise El-rufai In Abuja by muami(m): 6:14pm On Jan 16, 2012
Hope say dem break at least one of him leg?
Re: Soldiers Brutalise El-rufai In Abuja by Odunnu: 6:17pm On Jan 16, 2012
Is that why he stopped tweeting and retweeting? That dude has got the baddest mouth in Nigeria.
Re: Soldiers Brutalise El-rufai In Abuja by drstan(m): 6:17pm On Jan 16, 2012
Dat sarv him rit, his det wil be a gud news ,. Wit what he did to us in FCT,.
Re: Soldiers Brutalise El-rufai In Abuja by Nobody: 6:19pm On Jan 16, 2012
muami:

,  But it was safe when your brother OBJ was busy bombing Odi, Umuechem etc?

Though obj is a write off but there was never anytime he unleashed soldiers to brutalize Oshiomole whenever he declared Nation-wide strike that lasts 2-3 weeks at times.
Re: Soldiers Brutalise El-rufai In Abuja by Mobinga: 6:20pm On Jan 16, 2012
From his twitter page :  11 mins ago
http://twitter.com/elrufai

El-Rufai :  . . . no, not really, it was a scuffle with a colonel who thought he could seize my phone, 

Stop blowing this out of proportion, "brutalise"??
Re: Soldiers Brutalise El-rufai In Abuja by Arosa(m): 6:23pm On Jan 16, 2012
El-rufai brutalise in Abuja. grin grin grin tongue

1 Share

Re: Soldiers Brutalise El-rufai In Abuja by Nobody: 6:23pm On Jan 16, 2012
That opportunists El-Rufai deserve it if its true. Look at what he did to poor people houses and igbo traders shops in Abuja. A man who said Abuja is not meant for the poor. Hypocrite.  

~Bluetooth:

A minority, where you get MAJORITY of your subsidized fuel, foreign exchange and large share of government revenue. A bloody Hypocrite and ingrate you are.
Re: Soldiers Brutalise El-rufai In Abuja by Nobody: 6:37pm On Jan 16, 2012
Olodostein:

That opportunists El-Rufai deserve it if its true. Look at what he did to poor people houses and igbo traders shops in Abuja. A man who said Abuja is not meant for the poor. Hypocrite.  

A minority, where you get MAJORITY of your subsidized fuel, foreign exchange and large share of government revenue. A bloody Hypocrite and ingrate you are.

Bull-shiit. . . .how much does the 6 yoruba states get from the so called oil ? Take a look at the SURE fund and tell me why lagos with a population of almost 20 million compromising of yorubas and others should get 10 billion and Akwa ibom should get 45 billion ? So tell me what exactly yorubas are gaining from the oil ?
Re: Soldiers Brutalise El-rufai In Abuja by OmoTier1(m): 6:50pm On Jan 16, 2012
Assasination of GEJ very near lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Soldiers Brutalise El-rufai In Abuja by Nobody: 6:51pm On Jan 16, 2012
~Bluetooth:

Bull-shiit. . . .how much does the 6 yoruba states get from the so called oil ? Take a look at the SURE fund and tell me why lagos with a population of almost 20 million compromising of yorubas and others should get 10 billion and Akwa ibom should get 45 billion ? So tell me what exactly yorubas are gaining from the oil ?

The flow of money in the Lagos economy( including through port duties and non natives businessmen tax payers) and other Yoruba states as well as many Nigerian states is as a result of oil revenue Nigeria earns. Akwa Ibom is entitled to it because they are an oil producing state. Besides, One of the Refineries in the SURE programme, will be built in Lagos. What more do you want?

I don't like to waste time engaging in depth logically with some folks here, because you already have pre-conceived notion about factual issues.
Re: Soldiers Brutalise El-rufai In Abuja by Nchara: 7:08pm On Jan 16, 2012
Is he still alive grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Soldiers Brutalise El-rufai In Abuja by Nchara: 7:08pm On Jan 16, 2012
Next will be Fani Kayode for running his big mouth against a ''fisherman''
Re: Soldiers Brutalise El-rufai In Abuja by Kobojunkie: 7:11pm On Jan 16, 2012
very sad situation. I do hope that the groups out there make sure that this does not die. Will be very sad if at the end of the day, all goes back to business as usual.
Re: Soldiers Brutalise El-rufai In Abuja by ng4life9: 7:27pm On Jan 16, 2012
@ Kobo, I have closely monitored your comments on here, and I applaud you for applying common sense when passing comments which is not usually common within the Nigerian community, Olodostein I have sincere reservation for you, but however your comments on this section of NL arent depicting the real you or is it just who you really are.

ALAS EVERYONE!!! It's a complete waste of time debating some topics on here. Nigeria if continue to exist shall never experience mordernisation or civilisation. Failed state, I laugh at the optimism of most posters on here, thinking the country is ever gona experience any change. I should warn the lots of you, that optimism is constitutionally Illegitimate
Re: Soldiers Brutalise El-rufai In Abuja by executinal(m): 7:30pm On Jan 16, 2012
Real brutalise grin grin grin See the poor Aboki with his caftan grin grin grin grin opportunist face the music cheesy cheesy
Breaking news El-rufai was demolished in Abuja grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Soldiers Brutalise El-rufai In Abuja by OmoTier1(m): 7:34pm On Jan 16, 2012
executinal:

Real brutalise grin grin grin See the poor Aboki with his caftan grin grin grin grin opportunist face the music cheesy cheesy
Breaking news El-rufai was demolished in Abuja grin grin grin grin grin grin
Don't cry river when you get the breaking news of your masters demise! Remember the last person that made Nigeria go through pain like this, He left Aso Rock in coffin!
Re: Soldiers Brutalise El-rufai In Abuja by Nobody: 8:09pm On Jan 16, 2012
FEAR leads to the dark side of the force. there is much fear in GEJ, and this does not bode well for nigeria

the closest parallel is mugabe, who allowed fear to turn him into a psychotic dictator.
Re: Soldiers Brutalise El-rufai In Abuja by SkyBlue1: 8:13pm On Jan 16, 2012
~Bluetooth:

True to your racist and bigoted self, as predictable as the seasons. But hey, at least you are upfront about it.
Re: Soldiers Brutalise El-rufai In Abuja by Nobody: 8:14pm On Jan 16, 2012
ng4life9:

@ Kobo, I have closely monitored your comments on here, and I applaud you for applying common sense when passing comments which is not usually common within the Nigerian community, Olodostein I have sincere reservation for you, but however your comments on this section of NL arent depicting the real you or is it just who you really are.

ALAS EVERYONE!!! It's a complete waste of time debating some topics on here. Nigeria if continue to exist shall never experience mordernisation or civilisation. Failed state, I laugh at the optimism of most posters on here, thinking the country is ever gona experience any change. I should warn the lots of you, that optimism is constitutionally Illegitimate

The Nairaland Observer smiley; kindly expatiate on the bolded cheesy.

Some people like to appear objective at their own convenience. Aristotle couldn't have said it better when he said, ""man is by nature a political animal".

Selflessness is out of the question in Naija. It is a virtue we have to cultivate, but unfortunately, we prefer political shism.

We are simply learning to play along cool.
Re: Soldiers Brutalise El-rufai In Abuja by aljharem(m): 8:18pm On Jan 16, 2012
muami:

, But it was safe when your brother OBJ was busy bombing Odi, Umuechem etc?

Umuechem was by OBJ shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked nothing pesin no go see for this site

Please go reseach on Umuechem and stop this lies, also Odi was were militancy started and they killed a soldier and OBJ as an ex military man did what he thought was right.

Go learn what happened OK
Re: Soldiers Brutalise El-rufai In Abuja by aljharem(m): 8:21pm On Jan 16, 2012
~Bluetooth:

as usual u are too quike to talk. Why not shut up and watch as events unfold.

Stop call anyone a minority. that is not a vocabulary in Nigeria.

Who is a majority ? and if they are why are their citizens still living below the poverty line.

Lets just keep shut and watch.
Re: Soldiers Brutalise El-rufai In Abuja by Remii(m): 8:26pm On Jan 16, 2012
alj harem:

Umuechem was by OBJ shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked nothing pesin no go see for this site

Please go reseach on Umuechem and stop this lies, also Odi was were militancy started and[b] they killed a soldier and OBJ as[/b] an ex military man did what he thought was right.

Go learn what happened OK

they killed many policemen. The last act before OBJ struck was killing of 12 policemen at once, not to talk of many innocent killing of passengers on stop and search along Patani Warri road.
Re: Soldiers Brutalise El-rufai In Abuja by dayokanu(m): 8:28pm On Jan 16, 2012
Here is the fresh air we were promised
Re: Soldiers Brutalise El-rufai In Abuja by OmoTier1(m): 8:32pm On Jan 16, 2012
Jonathan, the last democratic dictator Nigeria will ever have! Fresh air indeed !!!
Re: Soldiers Brutalise El-rufai In Abuja by kulutempa: 10:24pm On Jan 16, 2012
Despots like Jonathan never learn until it is too late. He reminds me more and more of that fellow baboon from Ivory Coast, Laurent Gbagbo. I think if Jonathan Goodluck continues at this rate, he would soon appear at the Hague to answer charges of crimes against humanity. One day baboon go go market and him no go return.
Re: Soldiers Brutalise El-rufai In Abuja by Nobody: 10:31pm On Jan 16, 2012
That picture is not El-Rufai. All these these CPC "Stalwarts" are very violent. The strike has been called off, what was he doing protesting at Abuja when he is supposed to be in his village ?
Re: Soldiers Brutalise El-rufai In Abuja by occam(m): 10:31pm On Jan 16, 2012
dayokanu:

Here is the fresh air we were promised

… But we got toxic fumes!

The precipitous fall in popularity of this President, is truly mind boggling. Yes, great leaders do take tough and unpopular decision. True that. However, this bone head decision to hike fuel price shows a weak and clueless man is at the helms of affair.

The real tough decisions are: tackling corruption in the oil industry, reducing wasteful spending and demolishing the scourge of Boko Harem. Instead, he heaps misery on hapless Nigerians.

Sadly, 2015 is just too far. There has to be other option, to get rid of this guy. Yes, Nigerians made a mistake electing him but doesn’t mean we have to be saddled with this kind of mediocrity plus 3 more yrs of toxic fume.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The State Of The Roads In Festac Town (pictures) / Buhari Has Not Done Enough For The Economy - Obasanjo / Bandits Gun Down Over 60 Vigilantes In Kebbi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.