Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,411 members, 7,815,919 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:00 PM

What Is The Difference Between Love And Infatuation - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Is The Difference Between Love And Infatuation (6475 Views)

I Call It Emotional Trauma And Infatuation / Is Love Sex! The Difference Between Love Making And Sex. / Love And Infatuation? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Difference Between Love And Infatuation by emmyprince(m): 10:54am On Mar 16, 2006
There's this girl that i'am attracted to,she has 75% features i would want my kind of woman to have.We are close to some extent and I love her so much but i find it surprising that i can't express it to her.Pls help cos i want to know if it is infatuation or love.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Love And Infatuation by sagacious(f): 3:46pm On Mar 16, 2006
You should study yourself ,if there something in her that makes you feel you love ,so you need to do research on this.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between Love And Infatuation by oreofe(f): 4:43pm On Mar 16, 2006
i just know that love is self giving while infatuation is not sacrificial but seeks to explore others.if u dont think of the bad side of the person or just wave her negative side apart u are infatuated cos love will see th bad side and correct it.wink

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between Love And Infatuation by glodave(f): 1:34pm On Mar 22, 2006
i believe is what u'r feeling smiley i don't believe in Infatuation anyway. And love can make u go crazy sometime smiley u kw well  the way i see it, i feel that u are in love just that.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Love And Infatuation by venice(f): 12:15pm On May 16, 2007
LOVE is a feeling that no doctor can cure, its a wonderful feeling that can make you sad, happy,jealous, or make you do all da stupid things. Its a feeling that comes from the heart, a feeling that two people have, when they are together, there's a certain magnet that pulls or attracts them nomatter how hard they try to move away from each other.

Infatuation is like lust, well to me it is, sort of crazy, you don't love the person, you are only physically attracted to the person,but not emotionally.

I guess that's what i feel/think the difference is between the two

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between Love And Infatuation by Oaustine05(m): 12:18am On Jan 19, 2018
In love, u accept d general personality of dat person meaning his/her past, family, family background, weakness as well as strength, likes and dislikes and ambitions, maybe before u start changing and encouraging or rebuking and building all must be done in love. One strong way to know u have geniue love for someone is when even though u know ur beloved is following a cheat, u are still able to present yourself calmly not forcing yourself on him/her, at d same time u aren't destroying d other rival or suitor, true love isn't selfish. Dat same love is able to let go even when its more hurting ���, true love will sound like this when u're sympathizing with dat loved one(#soft_voice# But remember i told u, its alright, cheer up.. ., e.t.c) true love won't say had it been u chose me, dis wouldn't have happened to you, love is not boastful anybody can make silly mistakes in the name of love. Infatuation singles out things and blinds ur eyes from other bigger pictures, infatuation in my own opinion is usually wat they call love at first sight, d love u have wen u've not known d persons failed�☹� past. if that beloved is involved in a fire �incident and face disfigured would ur love stand or pull thru? Maybe you love her because u feel her sex will be good, if she opens up declaring she's HIV POSITIVE will u still love her? Or she proclaims she's from a tribe u greatly despise will u still go down the isle with her? Or he is poor would dat love still be there? His mother is hard to please won't ur love decamp? Infatuation is always hanging on something check it out.

(1) (Reply)

Ladies Are Wicked# Fact (picture) / Help! I Love Her But I Am Not Enjoying My Relationship / Help: My Niece Is Tempting Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.