Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,293 members, 7,811,880 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:01 PM

Diezanni Is Facing The House Of Reps On Ait Now. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Diezanni Is Facing The House Of Reps On Ait Now. (6117 Views)

PWC Audit:Kola Aluko And Jide Omokore Given $7bn Assets By Diezanni Madueke / Madam Diezanni Became Sick And Out Of The Country / Watch Ait Now!!! Massive Crowd At PDP Kano State Governorship Rally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Diezanni Is Facing The House Of Reps On Ait Now. by kizito96(m): 2:45pm On Jan 17, 2012
We can't watch Ait in Canada, Members should try to relay and relevant information from the House of Reps
Re: Diezanni Is Facing The House Of Reps On Ait Now. by okosodo: 2:47pm On Jan 17, 2012
Thieves, all of them acting home video
Re: Diezanni Is Facing The House Of Reps On Ait Now. by kay2000(m): 2:47pm On Jan 17, 2012
Government magic!!! Let's see if she is going to open the cans of worms. We are watching!!!.
Re: Diezanni Is Facing The House Of Reps On Ait Now. by Nobody: 2:52pm On Jan 17, 2012
words on the street is that jonatrash is 4cking her lipsrsealed but she is a fine MILF. i'll like to take her to bed and lick her up tongue
Re: Diezanni Is Facing The House Of Reps On Ait Now. by Lucy001(f): 2:59pm On Jan 17, 2012
diluminati:

words on the street is that jonatrash is 4cking her  lipsrsealed but she is a fine MILF. i'll like to take her to bed and lick her up  tongue
Are u a she-guy
Re: Diezanni Is Facing The House Of Reps On Ait Now. by Okijajuju1(m): 3:25pm On Jan 17, 2012
She is definitely a cougar.

I would spend some good time doing her as well. Fine as's woman.

But that not withstanding, I know that she is just as crooked they come. Her history tells a story.
Re: Diezanni Is Facing The House Of Reps On Ait Now. by mjkievo2(m): 5:20pm On Jan 17, 2012
sayso:

For once I have seen somebody actually saying the truth about this woman.I don't hate her but she parades herself as a savior while she is filled with pack of lies and people are just praising her for nothing.Reading out the same project Shehu Shagari had years back.

Very arrogant and pompous typical of kids raised in Shell Quarters. She won't be spared this time, She selects what to answer.
Re: Diezanni Is Facing The House Of Reps On Ait Now. by IOludayo(m): 5:45pm On Jan 17, 2012
We exclusively represent Aglomar SL, Monaco, Spain, makers of 2 in 1 dual purpose plaster paint and interior decoration products. Our products save you the costs of cement, paint and sand as well as painting and plastering wages. They have been successfully used in Lagos and Ogun States. It provides a unique, water proof finishing for interior and exterior use with the paint being durable for 12 years. It gives your building a unique, beautiful and classy look. It can be used for homes, factories, hotels etc

We wish to partner with individuals, architects engineers, estate developers and builders throughout the country. Contact Ugo-Rosis & Associates on 081 8836 0168, 081 3223 2989. Distributors and marketers wanted nationwide.

see us online at /ugo-rosis OR connect with the Biz Dev Manager on facebook.com/isaacbiz
Re: Diezanni Is Facing The House Of Reps On Ait Now. by kim77: 6:00pm On Jan 17, 2012
The woman should be sacked , probed and arrested.
The BIG CABAL
GEJ instrument for siphoning our common wealth
Re: Diezanni Is Facing The House Of Reps On Ait Now. by segunjowo(m): 8:40pm On Jan 17, 2012
I pity this country call 9ja!
Re: Diezanni Is Facing The House Of Reps On Ait Now. by iluvnaija: 10:38pm On Jan 17, 2012
This is what i meant by "the music has changed" what she was telling us at the town hall meeting was fg cant cont. to subsidise fuel for 1.3trillion yearly, now she is being questioned she is singing another tune that the subsidy was for kerosene and fuel and the the 1.3trillion as at september last year was from 2008 debt till 2011.

This woman is a thief! her body languaged changed, she was looking very dull in her appearance compare to when she was telling us lies at the town hall meeting held in lagos.

I hope this woman will not spend 6 months at hospital instead of jail, i think thats the highest jail term for executive thieves in govt
Re: Diezanni Is Facing The House Of Reps On Ait Now. by annysis: 10:55pm On Jan 17, 2012
NIGERIA'S MOMENT OF HALF-TRUTH - OccupyNigeria MUST BE MORE THAN FUEL SUBSIDY REMOVAL!
by Enuff Said on Monday, January 16, 2012 at 3:22am

SUMMARY: The representatives of the Government have been forced to admit that there has been rampant corruption in the management and exploitation of the fuel subsidy regime. They even went as far as naming fellow members of the Economic Management Team as culprits. Yet, with such obvious corruption, one wonders where the EFCC has been all this while. How come that EFCC never even adverted its attention to this industry? Is EFCC ever capable of fighting corruption if it could avoid the oil sector throughout the 10 years of its existence? Or is it correct that EFCC is actually irrelevant as far as fighting corruption is concerned? What lessons are the Government, the people and the world to learn from the uprising in Nigeria? They were supposed never to be united on anything. Yet, they have occupied the streets and cities of Nigeria for 4 days without any sign of getting tired soon.

MAIN: If the Occupy-Nigeria uprising achieves nothing else, it would reveal to the average Nigerian the fact that the leaders of Nigeria are mostly corrupt. For me, it confirms what I told the world in March of 2011 right from underground cell where the same people had locked me up for 150 days in violation of their own constitution.

In case you forgot, on March 21, 2011, I managed, with the help of people I cannot disclose their identity, to smuggle out a statement to the world. In that statement, I warned all Nigerians and the world at large that most of those who held public offices in Nigeria are “the real criminals, rubbing the country blind”. I spoke on strong authority as the lawyer for Nigeria in the United States for nearly 10 years. I saw many strange things in the normal course of business. I was severally pressured to join the club in the looting frenzy. But I never agreed to participate because even a blind person could tell that a time would come soon when these looters would be called upon to account for their activities and they would not be able to do so.

What astonishes me the most as I have watched events unfold in the streets of Nigeria in the past 4 days is realizing that many Nigerian leaders were not only criminals and corrupt, but also daft. How could President Jonathan allow the shenanigans around him to land him into such a complicated spot as what is on the ground today? How far did they expect the lies to carry them? The problem was never the subsidy regime. There is always one in every country. US and European Union subsidize some commodities or services for their citizens. Indeed, even the Nigerian officials are not saying no to subsidy. They just wanted to place it somewhere else, thereby undermining the sense of urgency they preached. The single most serious problem with Nigeria’s fuel subsidy regime is the criminality and corruption carried out by the officials of the Nigerian Government all the way to the presidency. Note that we are not talking of ordinary corruption. Rather, it had gotten to levels where we could call it major economic sabotage or treasonable corruption.

As a mark of dramatic irony, those officials who had set out in the last days to justify the withdrawal of subsidies on fuel had blamed it on the high level of corruption. Yet, they could not, even at the moment of half-truth, be candid with the Nigerian people. In a desperate moment of his life, the Central Bank Governor wrote a long article and blamed Otedela for corruption in the fuel business and tried to use such charge to overcome his credibility deficit with the people. But what a shame! We all know that the Central Bank Governor never took any meaningful step to investigate Otedola for corruption. We also now know the position of Otedola on the matter, as revealed in the Wikileaks. Also, we know that Otedola, the Central Bank Governor, the Minister of Finance and the Minister of Petroleum are all members of the much touted, but incompetent, Economic Management Team. And do not forget that the President is the Chairman of that team, with the Vice President as the Vice Chairman. So, why are they fooling around?

Nigerians also now know that the subsidy regime, as problematic as it had always been, remained relatively manageable until the moment that Jonathan became the President. The big question should have been for an explanation of how the cost of subsidy jumped from about 250 Billion Naira to over one Trillion Naira in one year. I recall that morning when Senator Bukola Saraki of Kwara State drew the attention of the nation to this extraordinary jump. One realized immediately that the Pandora box was about to be opened. If the question had pressed further, the truth would have emerged sooner. But this Government, not wanting the question to go further, quickly moved to implement the fuel subsidy withdrawal. The reason the subsidy regime failed is that this administration abused it and used it as source of slush funds for all manner of things and personal enrichment.

If Nigerians were to learn the truth about the behavior of those in Government, the country would burn. And back to the lessons of the Occupy-Nigeria uprising: It is no longer about subsidy removal. It is about accountability and transparency in governance. Nigerians must now use the opportunity of this movement, which President Jonathan unwittingly delivered to them, to demand to hold public office-holders accountable. They should ask each Minister in the Government to declare his or her interest in local or foreign businesses with interest in the oil industry. He or she will be deemed to have interest if any family member or close associate of his or hers has such interest. Such basic test will reveal that most of the top Government officials seeking to withdraw fuel subsidy actually stand to receive tens of millions of dollars from such subsidy withdrawal within the first year.

What Nigerians must understand is that Nigerian Government officials would not undertake to perform any task unless they stand to benefit personally from such task. If you want to know where the Minister is getting millions of money from, just look at what government projects his ministry is pursuing. So it is with the fuel subsidy withdrawal business. It is a common knowledge to those of us who have worked closely with them that Nigerian Government officials never, never act in the interest or for the benefit of the country. They act only for their own personal benefit. I make no exception here. And if any Minister or Governor or Director in the Government disagrees with me, I only need one week to show the world how he steals or plans to steal millions of dollars of public funds.

A second important lesson from the Occupy-Nigeria uprising is that the Arab Spring has the potential of turning into a Nigerian Spring. Everybody recalls how President Jonathan had said last year that there could not be Arab Spring in Nigeria. What a naïve and uninsightful mindset! If he had been a better student of history, he would have known that none of the Arab leaders expected the sort of revolutionary developments that exploded upon them last year. Even a fortune teller could never have guessed that Hosni Mubarak would be standing trial today in his country or that Colonel Muammar Gaddafi would be dead in the hands of rebels few weeks after declining the offer for him to leave Libya alive. Nigerian leadership did not realize that the most common characteristic of a revolution is that it is never planned and hardly ever predictable. Considering the benign ways in which game-changing uprisings started in other places, this sudden withdrawal of fuel subsidy is actually a big slam akin to throwing a fireball into a pool of gasoline. There is a distinct possibility that reversal of the subsidy decision tomorrow morning would not be able to get Nigerians quiet again. They now need to know more about the dirty ways of their leaders.

WHERE WAS THE EFCC?

It is remarkable that Nigerians would be learning about the massive corruption in the oil industry over these years and there had never been anything done about it by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC). How come that EFCC has spent 10 years of its existence without any attention being paid to this sector and to these horrendous levels of graft in the fuel subsidy regime? This would pose a puzzle to you if you did not know EFCC well enough. But some of us do. In March and April of last year, I informed the world that EFCC was not fighting corruption and was incapable of fighting corruption because the officials of EFCC were just as corrupt as those they accuse of corruption. The events at hand are revealing all that beyond any lingering doubts.

I have spoken and written volumes about the incompetency of the EFCC. I said that this agency could not tell between a crook and a bishop. Any person of average skill would have known that 80% of Nigerian foreign exchange comes from the oil sector. And if Nigeria is reputed to be one of the most corrupt countries in the world, the searchlight of any anti-graft agency should be focused on the oil sector. Instead, EFCC spends all its resources arresting and detaining ordinary citizens for offenses such as issuing dud checks in the amounts as little as fifty thousand naira. In all the EFCC cells over the country today, there are hundreds of poor Nigerians being detained for many months on end for such offenses. (I have compiled the names of these unfortunate victims). Worse, most of the offenses are trumped charges seen by EFCC officials as sources for bribes and quick enrichment opportunities. The EFCC would rather spend time and resources interfering in attorney-client relationships that were established in America under American laws than deal with the real big time criminals who not only rob the country blind, but are walking free and daring Nigerians in such a blatant manner as we have just seen.

This take us back to the question of the kind of qualifications we should expect the leaders of EFCC to possess. Emphasis had been unduly placed on police work, which is why we had the kind of people that led EFCC in the past. If we see the fight against corruption from the parochial view of crimes and punishment or police work, we would end up continuing with the kind of people we have had in the leadership of that agency. But the truth is that fighting corruption involves more than batons and guns. It involves serious policy and economic analysis and jurisprudence. The police aspect of the fight against corruption ought to be at a lower level in the chain of operational priorities. We need people who can understand the interface between politics and corruption, culture and political history and social dynamics. We need people, who could understand how President Jonathan, as well as President Obasanjo before him, would see the oil industry as a fertile ground for unaccountable slush funds. We need a crime agency capable of understanding how the leaders of Nigeria could exploit the social disunity among the people to entrench themselves in corruption. We need an agency capable of analyzing and dealing with the effects of mass ignorance and disempowerment on the ability of a corrupt elites to squander and plunder the resources of their people. Instead, what we have in EFCC is a bunch of corrupt policemen who only know how to intimidate the poor and extort bribe money from them, and call that war against corruption.

We must congratulate the Nigerian common people, who finally found the guts to demand change. What has started in the past 4 days may hopefully get to a stage where it would be irreversible - from a simple demand for affordable fuel to a justifiable quest for good governance and accountable democracy. The world is watching and I hope Nigerians would be able to show that they were misunderstood all along. They cannot take it anymore. Mr. President and his men and women should pay close attention to what is going on. I also hope they realize that they are in the same position as Mubarak or Gaddafi was in the first weeks of the revolutions that swept them out of office. Also, before I forget, every Nigerian official should remember the ICC. Each innocent person that gets killed by the police opens up a real possibility of an investigation and international criminal indictment of the officials involved even in giving the general instructions for the police action. Nigerians must ask the Kenyans, the Ivoirians, the Libyans, etc how they are coping under ICC investigations.

Ephraim Emeka Ugwuonye, Esquire

President

ECULAW GROUP

(1) (2) (Reply)

Carol Afegbai Police DPO Who Murdered 400L Uniben Student Issued Her Side Of The / Okonjo-Iweala Wants NNPC To Explain Unremitted NLNG’s $4.84b / Heavy Military Presence In Gidan Waya, Kaduna State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.