Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,849 members, 7,810,271 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:10 AM

Prof Jega Rebuffs President Jonathan Over Bayelsa Governorship Candidate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Prof Jega Rebuffs President Jonathan Over Bayelsa Governorship Candidate (5909 Views)

How Timipre Sylva Scuttled Bayelsa Governorship Primaries — Oshiomhole / House Of Reps Move To Ban Hiace Buses Over Bayelsa Auto Crash / Gbenga Adeyinka Mocks Jonathan Over N10 Fuel Price Reduction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Prof Jega Rebuffs President Jonathan Over Bayelsa Governorship Candidate by freeman191(m): 6:09am On Jan 18, 2012
Information available to 247ureports.com through sources within the power corridors in Abuja indicate that all is not well between the President of the federal republic of Nigeria, Dr. Goodluck Ebelemi Jonathan and the chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission [INEC], Prof Attahiru Jega following a rebuff by the INEC chairman of the President yesterday [Saturday January 14, 2012] over the Bayelsa guubernatorial exercise slated for February 2012.

The INEC recently had released thirty five [35] names of cleared candidate toparticipate in the coming gubernatorial elections in Bayelsa State scheduled for February 13, 2012 -of which the name of the Peoples Democratic Party [PDP] candidate was not included in the list of eligible candidates. The INEC explained it refrained from releasing the name of a PDP candidate because the matter was still under litigation.

But as gathered through a source within the INEC at the Maitama Office in Abuja, the President was uneasy with the exclusion of the PDP candidate from the list. President Jonathan, according to reports, is said to be coronating his choice candidate to fly the PDP banner for the gubernatorial tussle in February 13, 2012- a house of representative member by the name Hon. Dickson.

Through the President’s uneasiness, he reached out to the INEC chairman to impress on him the need to overlook the pending litigation at the Supreme Courts – and include the name of his choice candidate as the PDP candidate. A source indicates that the INEC chairman may have been made offers by the presidency in return for the inclusion of Hon Dickson’s name – of which the source revealed that the INEC chairman reacted out of character in a manner that appear unpleasant to the President.

“The Chairman rebuffed the President” stated the source as he continued to add that the INEC chairman pleasantly warned the President to not ‘repeat’ the request to subvert due process – unless he submits his resignation.

The Supreme Court is expected to rule of the case seating before it – to determine who the real PDP candidate should be – by the end of January 2012.

247ureports.com contacted the INEC through its public affiars office for a comment. The head of the public affair department, Mr. Emmanuel Umenger told our correspondent that “my chairman can not be pressured. Nobody can pressure my chairman. I can assure you that”.

source: http://247ureports.com/2012/01/inec-chairman-prof-jega-rebuffs-president-jonathan/
Re: Prof Jega Rebuffs President Jonathan Over Bayelsa Governorship Candidate by Tinyemeka(m): 9:12am On Jan 18, 2012
In Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs, a individual may eventually attain a stage where Self actualization becomes more important than wealth. When your name becomes more valuable than material things.

I think Prof Jega values his integrity more than material things. A very respectable gentleman.
Re: Prof Jega Rebuffs President Jonathan Over Bayelsa Governorship Candidate by MostIncredibleDFirst: 9:15am On Jan 18, 2012
D attitude demonstrated by INEC Chairman Jega to jonathan is the new Nigerian spirit of patriotism!
Re: Prof Jega Rebuffs President Jonathan Over Bayelsa Governorship Candidate by ralphoo03: 9:16am On Jan 18, 2012
I hope this report is true, if so, we still have hope in naija. Up JEGA. grin
Re: Prof Jega Rebuffs President Jonathan Over Bayelsa Governorship Candidate by CyrilO1: 9:17am On Jan 18, 2012
i c pdp losng dat state, what an undemocratic n kangaroo primaries conductd, shame
Re: Prof Jega Rebuffs President Jonathan Over Bayelsa Governorship Candidate by Vansnickers: 9:19am On Jan 18, 2012
The man is  impressive, a true Epitome of Patriotism.
Re: Prof Jega Rebuffs President Jonathan Over Bayelsa Governorship Candidate by Nobody: 9:23am On Jan 18, 2012
The bulldog biting its owners game has started.
Goodluck Ebele Jonathan Azikiwe =  GEJA  is not ==  JEGA.
Re: Prof Jega Rebuffs President Jonathan Over Bayelsa Governorship Candidate by ollyruffy: 9:43am On Jan 18, 2012
Impressive
Re: Prof Jega Rebuffs President Jonathan Over Bayelsa Governorship Candidate by Nobody: 9:48am On Jan 18, 2012
I hope he would not be made an offer he can not refuse. That being said. The person of Jega, looks principled to me.
Re: Prof Jega Rebuffs President Jonathan Over Bayelsa Governorship Candidate by KnowAll(m): 10:03am On Jan 18, 2012
In Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs,[b] a individual may eventually attain a stage where Self actualization becomes more important than we[/b]alth. When your name becomes more valuable than material things.

I think Prof Jega values his integrity more than material things. A very respectable gentleman.

I would not look at it like that. I think JEGA after presiding over a $500 million dollar elections in the General election a few quiff of dollars here and there from Mr President would not inspire a man who is already a multi millionaire 10 times over, one or two odd million dollars greek gift would be un-inspiring, and insulting to a man who has finally resolved to do his job properly and damned the consequence.

A time comes in a man's life where money would never be the motivation but equity, justice and truth, I think JEGA has gotten to that threshold. cool
Re: Prof Jega Rebuffs President Jonathan Over Bayelsa Governorship Candidate by ogbongzky(m): 10:21am On Jan 18, 2012
This is interesting. If JEGA resigns or GEJ fires him, he will join #OccupyNigeria in the future and expose some secrets to us. grin
Re: Prof Jega Rebuffs President Jonathan Over Bayelsa Governorship Candidate by jamace(m): 10:32am On Jan 18, 2012
Should I pity GEJ? Things are getting messier for him.
Re: Prof Jega Rebuffs President Jonathan Over Bayelsa Governorship Candidate by denitro(m): 10:38am On Jan 18, 2012
Jega - God bless you
Re: Prof Jega Rebuffs President Jonathan Over Bayelsa Governorship Candidate by rasputinn(m): 10:53am On Jan 18, 2012
I have a very contrary report from 247real9japolitics.com

Yes,since every figment of the imagination of hosts of every mushroom website is now taken to be official positions
Re: Prof Jega Rebuffs President Jonathan Over Bayelsa Governorship Candidate by Calebsky(m): 11:25am On Jan 18, 2012
False information. Deceit and lies in reporting news. This information is not true.
Re: Prof Jega Rebuffs President Jonathan Over Bayelsa Governorship Candidate by Nobody: 11:46am On Jan 18, 2012
Impressive one there by MrJega.
Re: Prof Jega Rebuffs President Jonathan Over Bayelsa Governorship Candidate by Nobody: 11:47am On Jan 18, 2012
If true. Impressive one there by Mrs. Jega.
Re: Prof Jega Rebuffs President Jonathan Over Bayelsa Governorship Candidate by LEXYLOV: 3:44pm On Jan 18, 2012
Birds of the same feather. let them bite themselves now. angry
Re: Prof Jega Rebuffs President Jonathan Over Bayelsa Governorship Candidate by viceb: 4:37pm On Jan 18, 2012
That s nice. He should maintain his image. But this story lacks investigative journalism pep.
Re: Prof Jega Rebuffs President Jonathan Over Bayelsa Governorship Candidate by Novice1(m): 4:41pm On Jan 18, 2012
Jega is incorruptible. I knew that way back in 1992/93 when he was my lecturer and ASUU president. IBB wanted to bribe him (when all he had was a lecturer's salary) and he refused. Not only did he refuse, he revelaed the offer to the public at an ASUU-organised symposium.

UP JEGA. May we have more people like you in Nigeria!!!!!!
Re: Prof Jega Rebuffs President Jonathan Over Bayelsa Governorship Candidate by smarttalks: 9:02pm On Jan 18, 2012
:-x
Re: Prof Jega Rebuffs President Jonathan Over Bayelsa Governorship Candidate by emal22: 10:26pm On Jan 18, 2012
It is very very clear that paid agents of the federal government and pdp has infiltrated this forum.
Re: Prof Jega Rebuffs President Jonathan Over Bayelsa Governorship Candidate by Ilekokonit: 1:31am On Jan 19, 2012
How did Nigeria get to this sorry state that such a dim witted and s.tupid man is now our President.

How are the mighty fallen.

Nigeria was already comatose but now with such a foolish man as our president, what next for Nigeria ??

(1) (Reply)

Sheikh Gumi Alerts Nation On Igbo Domination Of Nigerian Army / Unimaginable Lopsided Appointments In Nigerian Police Force.secret Agenda! / Nigeria, Islam And Sharia: Have You Listened To Emmanuel Bosun?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.