Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,123 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:45 AM

Million Man March On Abuja - Please Join Us - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Million Man March On Abuja - Please Join Us (1296 Views)

Police Stop Million Man March For Buhari In Kano / Breaking : Buhari Opts Out Of Apc's 1 Million Man March / APC To Hold One-Million-Man March This Saturday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Million Man March On Abuja - Please Join Us by EasyWare(m): 11:55am On Jan 18, 2012
The winds of change are blowing across Nigeria. There is no better opportunity than now to tell our political class that "enough is enough". Enough of corruption; enough of wastage; enough of poverty; enough of criminality and enough of the daily abuse of Nigerians.

This is no longer about the fuel subsidy; nor is it about Goodluck Jonathan. It is about the entire political class that has failed us and continues to fail us. We must not lose the momentum started by the fuel subsidy demonstrations. We must not fail our children like our parents failed us. I am inviting you to help change Nigeria.

The Nigerian front is a group of friends who have been working for change for Nigeria. We have decided that one of the best ways to push our message to the politicians is to organise a Million Man March from Lagos to Abuja. We plan to get people from every walk of life involved - from well-known personalities to "area boys". We will pack our blankets and water bottles and we will trek all the way to Abuja, stopping at each and every town along the way to give a speech and rally to the inhabitants of the town. Our message will be one of change in Nigeria. Our slogan will be "enough is enough".

We have already begun talking with organisations within and outside Nigeria to help with the logistics of this event, but the most important organisations that we need are you, my fellow Nigerians. We hope that the march will guarantee global coverage and support for our struggle. At the same time, we will make it as "grass-roots" as possible by taking it to the villages. We hope it will kick-start an irreversible momentum for change in Nigeria.

The aim of this group is to facilitate this march. We want to get your views to this plan. We want your contributions as to how best we should go about this. We want to speak to people who are willing and able to join us  ,

The plan is to walk, sing and talk by the day and sleep in the fields by night. It would be good to have you all on the march with us but those who cannot actively join may offer any assistance that you can - ideas, legal help, space on your field or school for us to sleep, a bus with water, medical supplies, free blankets, prayers, musicians and performers to raise our spirits during the march,  anything to ease our load,

For those who choose to walk with us, you do not have to walk the entire journey. You are welcome to join in and leave as and when you please. But I hope many of us will go the distance.

Please show your support by signing up to our Facebook group: http://www./309094912459339/. Invite you friends. Post your comments on the group.

God bless Nigeria.

[http://www./309094912459339/]
Re: Million Man March On Abuja - Please Join Us by mrOops: 1:48pm On Jan 18, 2012
Its a welcome move but with all these ball less nigerians i hope it will work. God Speed.
Re: Million Man March On Abuja - Please Join Us by bloodless: 1:54pm On Jan 18, 2012
This is awesome, the march must remain neutral on all grounds! no religious or political affliation, abstain from treason and show a clear transparency on finances and motives! please how can a nigerian outside nigeria help?
Re: Million Man March On Abuja - Please Join Us by Wily1Wily: 2:05pm On Jan 18, 2012
The only real Million man march is the march for the disintegration of Nigeria
Re: Million Man March On Abuja - Please Join Us by cap28: 2:15pm On Jan 18, 2012
its a noble cause - but im afraid those ba.stards will not budge until they are forced out with violence - what nigerians need to do is to start organising in order to form an armed revolutionary group - just like what happened in cuba - without force these scum bags will remain where they are forever - there is absolutely no incentive for them to relinquish their strangle hold on nigeria.

the other thing that will bring these sycopaths to their knees is a total shut down of the oil wells - had the PENGASSAN union gone on strike they would have crippled these bastards. Also if the west were genuinely on the side of the nigerian people they would have frozen their bank accounts - remember how easily they froze $160 billion of the libyan people's money which was actually being used to run the libyan govt.
Re: Million Man March On Abuja - Please Join Us by EasyWare(m): 2:50pm On Jan 18, 2012
@BLOODLESS: inorder to help, please start by joining our facebook group [if you have a Facebook account]. As the text above says, we will need a lot of support - and not just from those marching on the ground.

[, those who cannot actively join may offer any assistance that you can - ideas, legal help, space on your field or school for us to sleep, a bus with water, medical supplies, free blankets, prayers, musicians and performers to raise our spirits during the march, anything to ease our load, ]

Thanks
Re: Million Man March On Abuja - Please Join Us by EasyWare(m): 2:52pm On Jan 18, 2012
@mr. Oops: We WILL find enough brave Nigerians to come on the March.
Re: Million Man March On Abuja - Please Join Us by bolorunfem(f): 6:25pm On Jan 18, 2012
@Poster, wait, please make me understand, is the walk within Abuja or from which location to Abuja? I'm interested in knowing please. shocked lipsrsealed
Re: Million Man March On Abuja - Please Join Us by EasyWare(m): 10:41pm On Jan 18, 2012
@bolorunfem:
The march will start in Lagos. we plan to trek all the way to Abuja, stopping at each and every town along the way to give a speech and rally to the inhabitants of the town. We don't expect everyone to walk the entire distance. You are welcome to join in at any stage or town and leave as and when you please.

the current plan is to start fromLagis, but of we have enough support and resources, we might be able to intiate similar marches from other parts of the country to meet at Abuja

Please spread the word. Join our group @ : http://www./marchtoabuja/
Re: Million Man March On Abuja - Please Join Us by PointB: 6:24am On Jan 19, 2012
^^^^

I don't get it. Won't you be creating security problems for yourselves and other people? How can you prevent ill intentioned people from join the march and all that.

In any case, Nigerians have protested against corruption to no-avail. I will march if the focus is on true fiscal federation; confederation, or outright split!

Cacophony of reasons for marching is not helpful - get a central focus!
Re: Million Man March On Abuja - Please Join Us by Onlytruth(m): 7:02am On Jan 19, 2012
PointB:

^^^^

I don't get it. Won't you be creating security problems for yourselves and other people? How can you prevent ill intentioned people from join the march and all that.

In any case, Nigerians have protested against corruption to no-avail. I will march if the focus is on true fiscal federation; confederation, or outright split!

Spot on!

Nigeria is dominated by fake activists and cowards who insist on protesting, but always for the wrong reasons.
Ask them what the country's problem is and they would carelessly throw in the catch all word -corruption!
You then wonder why Nigeria is the only big country (country above 100 million people) where corruption is so endemic that something as simple as steady electricity supply is impossible; but these guys insist!
It is like saying that the air is polluted, but refuse to address the source of the air pollution.

I just read somewhere here that Nigeria imports crude oil for Kaduna refinery. I bet you that the refinery may even have been designed ab initio for foreign crude instead of Nigeria's crude, and I speculate that the reason may be deliberate (for political reasons, perhaps in case of a split). These folks would NEVER address the political foundation of Nigeria, but they will lead innocent and naive people to their deaths.

I wish them luck. undecided
Re: Million Man March On Abuja - Please Join Us by aljharem(m): 7:23am On Jan 19, 2012
Onlytruth:

Spot on!

Nigeria is dominated by fake activists and cowards who insist on protesting, but always for the wrong reasons.
Ask them what the country's problem is and they would carelessly throw in the catch all word -corruption!
You then wonder why Nigeria is the only big country (country above 100 million people) where corruption is so endemic that something as simple as steady electricity supply is impossible; but these guys insist!
It is like saying that the air is polluted, but refuse to address the source of the air pollution.

I just read somewhere here that Nigeria imports crude oil for Kaduna refinery. I bet you that the refinery may even have been designed ab initio for foreign crude instead of Nigeria's crude, and I speculate that the reason may be deliberate (for political reasons, perhaps in case of a split). These folks would NEVER address the political foundation of Nigeria, but they will lead innocent and naive people to their deaths.

I wish them luck.  undecided
PointB:

^^^^

let people with brains talk. angry

if you don't want to protest for equality, progress and justice please leave the thread and let people think on how to make the country move forward. HABA angry angry angry angry

As for Onlytruth

You are meant to be a role model so people like Point B can follow, instead you are joining this madness of greed and envy.

Why not lets think of away to correct the wrongs of the past rather than wallow in ignorance.
Re: Million Man March On Abuja - Please Join Us by Beaf: 7:50am On Jan 19, 2012
The concentration on Abuja is quite daft, except it is about forcing state gorvernors and LG chairmen to deliver development with their awuf money, then any reasons for a so-called match are contrived and driven by some darker ulterior motive.

Aside the above, I will not join a match that is aimed at curing symptoms instead of the root of the disease. Corruption and wastage are not our problem; the real problem is chaos. And to fix chaos, you've got to totally uproot and rejig the system.

The only reasons I will match are:

[list]
[li]To restructure the country along the lines of true federalism.[/li]
[li]The creation of a new citizen-state contract that guarantees a sense of belonging to all Nigerians.[/li]
[li]A charter of rights for all Nigerians.[/li]
[li]To force LG chairmen and governors to deliver to the people.[/li]
[li]For the immediate passing of an undoctored PIB by the NASS.[/li]
[li]The abrogation of the land use decree.[/li]
[li]The abrogattion of the petroleum act.[/li]
[li]The streamlining of child welfare laws to totally eliminate underaged marriages and Core mutilation.[/li]
[li]Firm laws that criminalise the almajiri institutution.[/li]
[li]Laws that criminalise anyone abusing religion to steal from the poor or traumatise the weak.[/li]
[/list]
Re: Million Man March On Abuja - Please Join Us by Onlytruth(m): 8:29am On Jan 19, 2012
Beaf:

The concentration on Abuja is quite daft, except it is about forcing state gorvernors and LG chairmen to deliver development with their awuf money, then any reasons for a so-called match are contrived and driven by some darker ulterior motive.

Aside the above, I will not join a match that is aimed at curing symptoms instead of the root of the disease. Corruption and wastage are not our problem; the real problem is chaos. And to fix chaos, you've got to totally uproot and rejig the system.

[list]
[li]The creation of a new citizen-state contract that guarantees a sense of belonging to all Nigerians.[/li]
[li]A charter of rights for all Nigerians.
[/li]
[li]The streamlining of child welfare laws to totally eliminate underaged marriages and Core mutilation.[/li]
[li]Laws that criminalise anyone abusing religion to steal from the poor or traumatise the weak.[/li]
[/list]

I tell you that a camel would have to pass through the eye of a needle before [b]Alj_Harem [/b]and his band of dishonest protesters march for the bolded. It would never happen. I'm particularly offended because these people foist a culture of brazen dishonesty on innocent Nigerians. That is why some of us believe that only total disintegration of Nigeria would solve all these problems, else, can you imagine a Nigeria without the almajiri institution?

Thanks for your honesty!
Re: Million Man March On Abuja - Please Join Us by Onlytruth(m): 8:36am On Jan 19, 2012
alj harem:

As for Onlytruth

You are meant to be a role model so people like Point B can follow, instead you are joining this madness of greed and envy.

Why not lets think of away to correct the wrongs of the past rather than wallow in ignorance.

Dude, what are you talking about?
For your information, PointB is my role model, not the other way round. Ka ji ko?  undecided
Some of us have sworn never to swallow the deceit generously dished out by men of ill fame masquerading as human rights activists.
Tell your protesters to camp at the Eagle square and start demanding for a SNC, and I promise you I would join them at the front. Else, tell them that God will punish them seriously for misleading people.  cool
Re: Million Man March On Abuja - Please Join Us by Nobody: 11:12am On Jan 19, 2012
Did you say, "March from Lagos to Abuja?"

This is one the 2012 MSI (MSI => most stupid ideas).

Do you know the implications, in terms of cost, security, health, hazards, etc.

On the other hand, if the march is for disintegration of Nigeria, I will think about it.

cap28:

its a noble cause - but im afraid those ba.stards will not budge until they are forced out with violence - what nigerians need to do is to start organising in order to form an armed revolutionary group - just like what happened in cuba - without force these scum bags will remain where they are forever - there is absolutely no incentive for them to relinquish their strangle hold on nigeria.

the other thing that will bring these sycopaths to their knees is a total shut down of the oil wells - had the PENGASSAN union gone on strike they would have crippled these bastards. Also if the west were genuinely on the side of the nigerian people they would have frozen their bank accounts - remember how easily they froze $160 billion of the libyan people's money which was actually being used to run the libyan govt.

Bros, don't be decieved. PENGASSAN chickened out when the owners of the oil announced that they were ready to take over the oil platforms if the oil workers vacate. Oil is the only thing keeping nigeria one. If the Ijaws secure their oil, subsidy protests would have turned a stupid thing to do. And there will be no more free oil.

Nigeria is much more complex than you guys are thinking.
Re: Million Man March On Abuja - Please Join Us by cap28: 11:41am On Jan 19, 2012
Beaf:

[list]
[li]A charter of rights for all Nigerians.[/li]
[/list]

Why is the concentration on Abuja daft - isnt it the seat of the govt anymore?

i find it interesting that you completely remain silent on the atrocious govt at the federal level but divert your focus to state govts - corruption is entrenched in the system - in order to root it out you must start from its very roots not its branches - does it make sense to you to target local govt chairmen and state govt but turn a blind eye to the malignant forces that are stealing mind boggling amounts of money from the national treasury as we speak?

rooting out corruption under the present regime is nothing but a dog and pony show unworthy of even the most derisory attention because it is designed to lull nigerians into a false sense of security. what we need is a complete upheaval of the entire system. 

to say that you are one of the most disingenous individuals  i have ever come across woudl be understating my position - "corruption is not a problem in nigeria just chaos"   you need help my friend.

You can not effect change unde rthe existing rotten system - you are merely suggesting that we build castles on a foundation made out of sand - what we need is a revolution, this current system is rotten to its very foundations
Re: Million Man March On Abuja - Please Join Us by cap28: 11:52am On Jan 19, 2012
noblezone:

Bros, don't be decieved. PENGASSAN chickened out when the owners of the oil announced that they were ready to take over the oil platforms if the oil workers vacate. Oil is the only thing keeping nigeria one. If the Ijaws secure their oil, subsidy protests would have turned a silly thing to do. And there will be no more free oil.

Nigeria is much more complex than you guys are thinking.

my understanding is that the NLC/TUC caved in under duress(bribes/threats) from the govt and as a result REFUSED to allow PENGASSAN to shut down oil production.

Those ijaw people who claim they were securing "their oil" would they also have restarted oil production as well?

would they have been capable of producing 2.4 million barrels of crude a day ?

the truth is that the NLC/TUC are paid govt agents who betrayed the nigerian people - they knew very well that the only way to paralyse this govt was to cease all oil production but they refused to go down that that route, had they done that -by now the govt would have been forced to give in to the people's demands.
Re: Million Man March On Abuja - Please Join Us by PointB: 12:06pm On Jan 19, 2012
^^^^
Then what is stopping the revolution? Get it over and done with and hope you have your Nigeria when you are done.

While it cannot be denied that past presidents enthroned corruption and massive shenanigan at the centre, what we have now is a president who is sincere enough to expose this system by refusing to part with more money in the name of subsidy. The Nigerian people, civil societies, NASS and security agents have all latched on to details of this massive sleaze, lets see what they come up with. If however, other Nigerians think revolution is way to go, by all means let them slash and burn; perhaps that will be the signal we are waiting for.

Now beaf is right! What have the state and local government done with their montly allocation? Are they not answerable to the people they are closer to? Do they exist as to keep going cap in hand to Fg every now and then for money they don't account for? Is true and fiscal federalism not desirable and practicable? What is all these fuss about government at the centre?
Re: Million Man March On Abuja - Please Join Us by dempeople(m): 9:23pm On Jan 19, 2012
@Onlytruth, Eze Ndigbo 1 of Nairaland,

Nwanne, nene email gi. M sendi obele akuko.

Yagaziere gi.
Re: Million Man March On Abuja - Please Join Us by Nobody: 10:51pm On Jan 19, 2012
I really don't kno what wind of change is blowing? The last time I checked Nigeria will have its next election in 2015 and that is the earliest anybody can have a say on the stewardship of the PDP. Thats like 3yrs from now!!!!

The only change that we can start fighting for from right now is to discuss the future of Nigeria itself and now it is constituted.If this is what the million march is about I am all for it.

Otherwise I will ask folks to go look for something better to do. Matching against corruption means nothing. Let an alternative party go from state to state, LGA to LGA and prove to the people they are a better alternative.

(1) (Reply)

Why Dont We Recall Our Reps / List Of Corrupt Politicians / How Awori And Egun Clash In Ogun Almost Took My Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.