Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,742 members, 7,824,140 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:13 AM

Police Fired Tear Gas At 'defy The Dictator' Protesters, One Fainted - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Fired Tear Gas At 'defy The Dictator' Protesters, One Fainted (9758 Views)

Photos: Lagosians Defy The Rain To Cast Their Votes / Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police / Pictures From Defy The Dictator Protest In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Fired Tear Gas At 'defy The Dictator' Protesters, One Fainted by mukina2: 2:32pm On Jan 19, 2012
[img]http://c0014139.r32.cf1.rackcdn.com/x2_a7a6eee[/img]

Channels_TV Channels Television
#FUELSUBSIDY: Police fired tear gas at protestors marching against the deployment of soldiers in Lagos;one reportedly fainted as a result.
https://twitter.com/Channels_TV/status/159987934743896065
Re: Police Fired Tear Gas At 'defy The Dictator' Protesters, One Fainted by valencia25(m): 2:48pm On Jan 19, 2012
Re: Police Fired Tear Gas At 'defy The Dictator' Protesters, One Fainted by Afam4eva(m): 2:49pm On Jan 19, 2012
Hmmm
Re: Police Fired Tear Gas At 'defy The Dictator' Protesters, One Fainted by funshiba(m): 2:50pm On Jan 19, 2012
valencia25:

How Much Money Does Sir Alex Ferguson Make?

@VALENCIA U SMOKE CNNABIS? WHAT HAS THAT GOT TO DO WITH THIS PAGE? ARE U ON TUMBO LIQUOR?
Re: Police Fired Tear Gas At 'defy The Dictator' Protesters, One Fainted by studyineu: 2:51pm On Jan 19, 2012
This people are practically wasting their time, OH I know is this guys with no Job that has de time to be roaming around de street in name of protest. Had it been they are protesting for something that protest will achieve it would have been different
Re: Police Fired Tear Gas At 'defy The Dictator' Protesters, One Fainted by Nobody: 2:51pm On Jan 19, 2012
grin  grin

funshiba:

@VALENCIA U SMOKE CNNABIS? WHAT HAS THAT GOT TO DO WITH THIS PAGE? ARE U ON TUMBO LIQUOR?
Re: Police Fired Tear Gas At 'defy The Dictator' Protesters, One Fainted by BERNIMOORE: 2:56pm On Jan 19, 2012
HAPPY IS THE MAN THAT HEED A WARNING DANGER,AND PROTECT HIMSELF FROM IMPENDING DANGER,BUT THE STUPID ONES 'DEFY' THE WARNINGS AND THE SUPREME ORDER OF THE ONE ENTRUSTED WITH THE HIGHEST POWER OVER ALL STATES OF NIGERIA AS THE COMMANDER IN CHIEF   OF THE FED.REP OF NIGERIA, AND CHOOSE TO FOLLOW A CEREMONIAL LEADER IN FASHOLA ONLY TO BE TAUGHT SOME LESSONS, BE WISE.  
Re: Police Fired Tear Gas At 'defy The Dictator' Protesters, One Fainted by spicyhoney(f): 3:01pm On Jan 19, 2012
why do some people endanger their lives unnecessarily,  lipsrsealed
Re: Police Fired Tear Gas At 'defy The Dictator' Protesters, One Fainted by Afam4eva(m): 3:02pm On Jan 19, 2012
spicyhoney:

why do some people endanger their lives unneccessarily, lipsrsealed

Why do some people endanger people's lives unnecessarily.
Re: Police Fired Tear Gas At 'defy The Dictator' Protesters, One Fainted by Okijajuju1(m): 3:18pm On Jan 19, 2012
This is a case of trying to raise the dead. Tuesday was supposed to be the day Nigerians would have defied all odds and risen up against the NLC and FG but we didnt. So anything wey any group of people do now, dem go hear am.
Re: Police Fired Tear Gas At 'defy The Dictator' Protesters, One Fainted by Akwasi(m): 3:20pm On Jan 19, 2012
I believe the protests has lost its momentum and it will be best to break it. A new cause can revive the protest but the fuel issue seems dead
Re: Police Fired Tear Gas At 'defy The Dictator' Protesters, One Fainted by Asabaman(m): 3:22pm On Jan 19, 2012
valencia25:

How Much Money Does Sir Alex Ferguson Make?
dont really know. but its like they pay him very well. dont you think chelsea is back on their feet again?  grin grin grin
Re: Police Fired Tear Gas At 'defy The Dictator' Protesters, One Fainted by skullbaba: 3:26pm On Jan 19, 2012
nigeria is not practicing democracy but autocracy
Re: Police Fired Tear Gas At 'defy The Dictator' Protesters, One Fainted by Harzan(m): 3:29pm On Jan 19, 2012
Okija_juju:

This is a case of trying to raise the dead. Tuesday was supposed to be the day Nigerians would have defied all odds and risen up against the NLC and FG but we didnt. So anything wey any group of people do now, dem go hear am.

^^^^^
U are just on point! Any one raising eye brown now, Na OYO!
Re: Police Fired Tear Gas At 'defy The Dictator' Protesters, One Fainted by sirwebs(m): 3:31pm On Jan 19, 2012
Asaba man:

dont really know. but its like they pay him very well. dont you think chelsea is back on their feet again?  grin grin grin

No matter how much they pay him, Arsenal will roast them Devils on Sunday. I can bet my last card. grin wink tongue
Re: Police Fired Tear Gas At 'defy The Dictator' Protesters, One Fainted by laCapri: 3:33pm On Jan 19, 2012
lol
Re: Police Fired Tear Gas At 'defy The Dictator' Protesters, One Fainted by snthesis(m): 3:43pm On Jan 19, 2012
sirwebs:

No matter how much they pay him, Arsenal will roast them Devils on Sunday. I can bet my last card. grin wink tongue
lai lai- i tink real madrid will sign messi in march
Re: Police Fired Tear Gas At 'defy The Dictator' Protesters, One Fainted by Asabaman(m): 3:55pm On Jan 19, 2012
sirwebs:

sirwebs:

nah! nah!! nah!!! i dont believe arsnal will give red devils sweaty tym. unles u want to tell me dat d red devils will use arsnal as trainin material. gunners are gone. cool
Re: Police Fired Tear Gas At 'defy The Dictator' Protesters, One Fainted by austinooo(m): 3:58pm On Jan 19, 2012
@studyineu, @BERNIMOORE I read ur comments and was ashamed of both of you because of your level of reasoning. Nigeria will continue to suffer until we can stand up to challenge anti people policies like fuel subsidy removal which these courageous Nigerians have done. To say they dont have job and are roaming about the street is laughable. These protesters are not poor people like you, they have money to be buying fuel @ 1,000.00 per litre but only figthing becos of poor people. Be guided accordingly.
Re: Police Fired Tear Gas At 'defy The Dictator' Protesters, One Fainted by kizito96(m): 4:00pm On Jan 19, 2012
Let them go and rest
Re: Police Fired Tear Gas At 'defy The Dictator' Protesters, One Fainted by Myself2(m): 4:04pm On Jan 19, 2012
snthesis:

lai lai- i tink real madrid will sign messi in march

Yes,Barcelona will have to buy a replacement striker in the form of another in-form striker like Rashidi Yekinus  cheesy cheesy
Re: Police Fired Tear Gas At 'defy The Dictator' Protesters, One Fainted by afm4ever(m): 4:13pm On Jan 19, 2012
Hmm ok na
Re: Police Fired Tear Gas At 'defy The Dictator' Protesters, One Fainted by Nobody: 4:15pm On Jan 19, 2012
@ replies
is there something i'm missing?
Re: Police Fired Tear Gas At 'defy The Dictator' Protesters, One Fainted by kokoA(m): 4:22pm On Jan 19, 2012
Myself2:

Yes,Barcelona will have to buy a replacement striker in the form of another in-form striker like Rashidi Yekinus cheesy cheesy

Jealousy! Messi is never leaving Nou-camp! Infact I suspect C.Ronaldo will want to play for Barca when his contract ends with Madrid. Barc rules men! wink
Re: Police Fired Tear Gas At 'defy The Dictator' Protesters, One Fainted by LEXYLOV: 4:22pm On Jan 19, 2012
If the protest is peaceful no need for tear gas. undecided
Re: Police Fired Tear Gas At 'defy The Dictator' Protesters, One Fainted by BERNIMOORE: 4:40pm On Jan 19, 2012
[b]@Austinooo,

I WILL NOT NECCESARILY INSULT YOU BECAUSE YOU DEMANDED FOR AN ANSWER,

FIRSTLY WHO TOLD YOU THAT I AND SOME OTHER NIGERIA IS PART OF ANTI-FUEL SUBSIDY?

IN FACT I SUPPORT THE REMOVAL OF FUEL SUBSIDY, AND MY RIGHT OF OPINION SHOULD NOT BE NECCESARILY SHARED BY YOU OR OTHERS, BUT THEN I DID NOT GIVE MY CONSENT TO THESE ILLEGAL AND UNLAWFUL PROTESTERS WHO CHOOSE TO BREAK AN EXISTING LAW TO FURTHER THEIR SELFISH ENDS,

JUST SEE THE WORD THEY USED ''DEFY'',. JUST CHECK PEOPLE ON THIS TREAD OR TOPIC ALONE,MORE THAN HALF ARE AGAINST THIS PARTICULAR PROTEST BECAUSE IT LACKS MORALS,AND ITS MEANT FOR IMMORAL PEOPLE WHO SAW NOTHING WRONG IN CASTING A VERBAL INSULT TO THE PERSON OF MR PRESIDENT CALLING HIM ''BADLUCK'' WHEN HE IS STILL IN CHARGE,

HOW MUCH MORE A NEW PRESIDENT WHO IS NOT EVEN CLOSE TO HALF OF HIS TERM  IN OFFICE.

ANYWAY, THESE PROTESTERS CANNOT IN ANYWAY WHATSOEVER CLAIM THE TOTAL SUPPORT OF THE MAJORITY OF NIGERIANS,ITS CRIMINAL TO STEAL OR CLAIM THE MANDATE,CONSENT AND SUPPORT OF THOSE NOT SUPPORTING THEM,BECAUSE WE ALL HAVE DIFFERENT OPINION ON THESE ISSUES ON SUBSIDY AND THE RIGHT IS EXCLUSIVE OR UNCHALENGED OR TRANSFERABLE.

BESIDES IT IS ONLY LAGOS THAT SPEARHEAD THE PROTEST TO SHOW YOU THAT THEY HAVE THEIR PERSONAL AGENDA,OF WHICH WE(people of my opinion) ARE NOT PART OF.

LET THEM STOP USING THE WORD ''THE POOR NIGERIANS'' ITS NOT TRUE, POOR NIGERIANS HAVE MOVED ON WITH THEIR LIVES UNLIKE LAST WEEK,

EXCUSE ME JARE.    
[/b]
Re: Police Fired Tear Gas At 'defy The Dictator' Protesters, One Fainted by randyorton: 4:41pm On Jan 19, 2012
studyineu:

This people are practically wasting their time, OH I know is this guys with no Job that has de time to be roaming around de street in name of protest. Had it been they are protesting for something that protest will achieve it would have been different

dont mind those fools protesting cos they want gej to fail as a president. the wahala is that someone from their tribe is not the president.
Re: Police Fired Tear Gas At 'defy The Dictator' Protesters, One Fainted by dayokanu(m): 5:09pm On Jan 19, 2012
^^ Werent they protesting when OBJ and Yar Adua were presidents?
Re: Police Fired Tear Gas At 'defy The Dictator' Protesters, One Fainted by lovelyS(m): 5:33pm On Jan 19, 2012
Subsidy Issues has separated Nigerians into 3 groups.

[b]Group 1:
 This group of people do not understand what Fuel Subsidy is all about but out of sentimental trust ie President is from my state, GEJ is a Christian, my mother, father uncle brother, sister love GEJ thats why i like him,My father,mother, brother etc is working with him. etc This are the follow follow people They are not ready to listen to anybody cos they don't care if Fuel Subsidy is real or not, they are willing to support GEJ to the last day of his tenure in the Presidency.
Group 2: This set of people understand what Fuel Subsidy is all about, but they are not willing to do more research.they trust GEJ and they want subsidy removed by all cost because they want to see the out come (Good road network, Employment, Quality Education, Power, Water) of the FUNDs in the next 6 to 12 months.
Group 3: This group believe that Fuel Subsidy is a FRAUD/SCAM and nothing good will come out of it.They are the real fore seer and they believe past Administration has failed us and they will fail us again and again because they are still in GOVT (Cabal, Cartel, Cronies) and GEJ is too dull to bring them to book.

Can someone describe the following please, AND TELL ME WHAT HE FEELS.

SUBSIDY CALCULATION & SCAMS This economic puzzle is simple enough for anyone to solve. * Fuel subsidy itself is a scam * Removal of self subsidy is a scam * Turn around maintenance of refineries is a scam * Non development of new refineries is a scam * insincerity if government is a scam Fuel Subsidy Equation ------------------------ 1) One barrel of Crude oil = 42gallons or 159 litres 2) Our Refineries (i.e 4) Installed (combined) capacity = 445,000 barrels per day 3) Actual refineries capacity due to ageing equipment = 30% i.e. 133,500 barrels per day . 4) . . 133,500 barrels = 21.2 million litres 5) Local required consumption (F.O.S) = 12millions litres 6) It means that even our MORIBOND refineries can actually meet our local consumption need of petroleum. 7) The cost structure of crude oil (i.e.Qua Iboe Crude Oil) production; - Findings / development - $3.5 - Production cost - $1.5 - Refining Cost - $12.6 - Pipeline/transportation - $1.5 - Distr/bridging fund Margin -$15.69 cool True cost of one litre of petroleum anywhere in Nigeria; - Total sum cost = $34.8 - 1ltr cost = $34.8/159 litres = $0.219 - Naira equiv. 0.219xN160= N35.02k - Add Tax N5 + N35.02 = N40.02 9) Let FGN refute the above composition and if not, they should tell us how they came about N65/litre. 10) Locally refined products cannot be sold at International price. 11) We really do not need FGN SUBSIDY as there was NONE in the first place. 12) What is LACKING, is the WILL to enforce LAW ON CORRUPTION. Pls re-post until it gets to the right quarters for their response; We still stand a chance as a COUNTRY. Analysis done by Professor Tam David West, former Petroleum Minister.
Re: Police Fired Tear Gas At 'defy The Dictator' Protesters, One Fainted by Ezenwenyi(m): 5:48pm On Jan 19, 2012
What type of democracy does Nigeria practice? I am in the opinion that we ask president Jonathan to define his own democracy because I am sure it is not government of the people,by the people and for the people, until he is able to define his own democracy I think we are not practicing true democracy where sovereignty belongs to the people.
Re: Police Fired Tear Gas At 'defy The Dictator' Protesters, One Fainted by Prestonvic(m): 5:50pm On Jan 19, 2012
thank you my brother. those fools are ACN sponsored trying to prepare fash, for presidency but he will fail!
Re: Police Fired Tear Gas At 'defy The Dictator' Protesters, One Fainted by naijaking1: 7:36pm On Jan 19, 2012
Where were these protesters when Boko Haram was bombing innocent church goers on christmas day

(1) (2) (Reply)

Don’t Threaten Danjuma, ACF Warns Tompolo, Dokubo / Breaking; Niger Delta Avengers Defeats Saudi Black Water Machineries Kills 91 / Fela Durotoye's Independence Speech

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.