Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,591 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:38 PM

Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers - Education (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers (44126 Views)

Brain Teasers Can You Slove These? / 22 Very Important Google Search Tricks / Brain Teasers Required To Increase Your IQ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by Wemmy6284(m): 7:51pm On Apr 20, 2012
Whao i love maths... kiss
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by Wemmy6284(m): 8:17pm On Apr 20, 2012
A group of engineers has got to build a building..In order to make the buliding a standard and a strong one the ratio of water,cement,soft sand and granite must be in the ratio 1:3:4:2 by mass..If the mass of granite on ground is 40kg and in a mixture of correct proportion with sand and cement..calculate the volume of water needed to mixed up with the resulting mixture if the density of water is 1000kg/m^3 <m^3 means raise to the power of 3>.......,{the question is taken from me off-hand and anyone who is sure can stand up to d challenge and if u get it i promise u a special thing}
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by Nobody: 9:03pm On Apr 20, 2012
^^^ that one is not brain food, it is a weekend ASSIGNMENT, lol!!!!

ok here are few:

A) 10 thieves were caught red handed and arrested. they were placed in front of a firing squad, and shot at point blank range, yet no single men was killed. how is this possible?!

B) NNPC just took the light. you have a CANDLE, a KEROSENE LAMP, a GAS LAMP and a CIGARETTE....... but ONE match only, which one should you light first?
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by Nobody: 10:25pm On Apr 20, 2012
Wemmy6284: A group of engineers has got to build a building..In order to make the buliding a standard and a strong one the ratio of water,cement,soft sand and granite must be in the ratio 1:3:4:2 by mass..If the mass of granite on ground is 40kg and in a mixture of correct proportion with sand and cement..calculate the volume of water needed to mixed up with the resulting mixture if the density of water is 1000kg/m^3 <m^3 means raise to the power of 3>.......,{the question is taken from me off-hand and anyone who is sure can stand up to d challenge and if u get it i promise u a special thing}
0.02m^3 or 20,000cm^3 undecided
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by Nobody: 10:33pm On Apr 20, 2012
MRbrownJAY: ^^^ that one is not brain food, it is a weekend ASSIGNMENT, lol!!!!

B) NNPC just took the light. you have a CANDLE, a KEROSENE LAMP, a GAS LAMP and a CIGARETTE....... but ONE match only, which one should you light first?

Apparently you light the match first, then the candle and you can use either of both to light the kerosene lamp, gas lamp and cigarette!

But, NNPC don't take light sha. . .
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by Nobody: 10:36pm On Apr 20, 2012
MRbrownJAY:

A) 10 thieves were caught red handed and arrested. they were placed in front of a firing squad, and shot at point blank range, yet no single men was killed. how is this possible?!

the firing squad fired blanks! grin
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by Nobody: 10:44pm On Apr 20, 2012
^^^no no they were shooting real bullets.

sauer:
Apparently you light the match first, then the candle and you can use either of both to light the kerosene lamp, gas lamp and cigarette!

But, NNPC don't take light sha. . .

ok NEPA it is then....but anyway your answer was correct on this one.
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by Wemmy6284(m): 5:38am On Apr 21, 2012
Opps
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by Wemmy6284(m): 6:09am On Apr 21, 2012

ok here are few:

weekend assignment,NO
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by Wemmy6284(m): 7:47am On Apr 21, 2012
You have got to fuel your generator because you have to watch an important match..But u notice that the petrol you will use contain water and kerosene ..how can you seperate this mixture in other to get your petrol from the resulting mixture.
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by sagbar(m): 10:10pm On Apr 23, 2012
pls control engineers in the house.i have a very urgent assignment to submit on wednesday 25-04-012.pls,kindly assist on the topic 'mention a real life system that can assume to be a linear system and describe how you will experimentally determine its transfer function in particular clearly state how measurement would be carried out' thanks as you help me out.
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by Nobody: 10:34pm On Apr 23, 2012
^^^ bro, if tomorrow i have the need to employ a control engineer, i hope that this person got their diploma due to merit and nothing else.
what you want people to do is criminal and wrong..... if you have a problem with your school work then talk to your teachers, but asking someone to do it for you is just as wrong as CHEATING.

how can you bring your school assignment here and expect us to do it for you?!
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by sagbar(m): 11:28pm On Apr 23, 2012
@MR BROWN JAY;what is wrong asking help from an experienced colleague?what u mean by cheating is still not clear to me!so what do u expect me to do if i should see anyone who is ready to be of help,at least to enlighten me on the topic.hope u're not one of those who ahbors laziness
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by sagbar(m): 11:40pm On Apr 23, 2012
pls help with this trig problem,its urgent......using the trig identity cos3theta=4cos^3theta-3costheta,express costheta as a function of cos3theta i.e costheta=f(cos3theta) explicitly
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by Nobody: 12:36am On Apr 25, 2012
sagbar: @MR BROWN JAY;what is wrong asking help from an experienced colleague?what u mean by cheating is still not clear to me!so what do u expect me to do if i should see anyone who is ready to be of help,at least to enlighten me on the topic.hope u're not one of those who ahbors laziness

EVERYTHING is wrong. this is a thread for people to share some brain food and teaser, not to do someone's school assignment.
bro, its so wrong on so many levels!!!
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by Wemmy6284(m): 4:52pm On Apr 28, 2012
A man was fetching some firewood in a tick forest.The man sighted a lion,silmutaneously and unfortunately the hungry lion also saw the man at a fair distance apart.This was how the hot chase started.The man has the power to cast a disappearing spell that will land him in his home hundreds of kilometre away which can be cast when not in motion and the spell will last for two minutes before it works...If he stays and cast it the lion will catch up with him in a minute and have him as its lunch ..If there is no place to hide on ground in the forest and there is no one to rescue him,but the man live to tell the story ..Suggest how he escaped.
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by Nobody: 6:08pm On Apr 28, 2012
^^^ stand still, cast the spell..........then run like hell!!!!!
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by kodylicky(f): 2:53pm On May 03, 2012
Wemmy6284: A man was fetching some firewood in a tick forest.The man sighted a lion,silmutaneously and unfortunately the hungry lion also saw the man at a fair distance apart.This was how the hot chase started.The man has the power to cast a disappearing spell that will land him in his home hundreds of kilometre away which can be cast when not in motion and the spell will last for two minutes before it works...If he stays and cast it the lion will catch up with him in a minute and have him as its lunch ..If there is no place to hide on ground in the forest and there is no one to rescue him,but the man live to tell the story ..Suggest how he escaped.

climb a tree and cast the spell
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by kodylicky(f): 2:55pm On May 03, 2012
interesting
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by Wemmy6284(m): 6:00pm On May 03, 2012
kody-licky:

climb a tree and cast the spell
Yesss, that is it.He climbed the tree and cast d spell..
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by Wemmy6284(m): 6:24pm On May 03, 2012
Set of finished wood is _ _ r _i_ _ _ e <complete d word>
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by dj5naira(m): 8:54pm On May 03, 2012
Wemmy6284: Set of finished wood is _ _ r _i_ _ _ e <complete d word>
Fu_n_tur_ : )
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by LordReed(m): 12:52pm On May 06, 2012

ok here are few:

A. The thieves were female.

B. Light the match first.
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by Nobody: 4:54pm On May 06, 2012
Wemmy6284: Set of finished wood is _ _ r _i_ _ _ e <complete d word>
also:
P a r t i c u l e
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by Wemmy6284(m): 5:33pm On May 06, 2012
sauer:
also:
P a r t i c u l e
Furniture
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by Nobody: 5:56pm On May 06, 2012
^^of course the two are valid. You never specified in which language you wanted the word. Particule is french for particle, gerrit? grin
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by LordReed(m): 4:36am On May 07, 2012
sauer: ^^of course the two are valid. You never specified in which language you wanted the word. Particule is french for particle, gerrit? grin

Does it mean finished wood?
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by Joshua15(m): 7:43am On May 07, 2012
in a topic lyk logarithm hw do they place d decimal point after solving 4 d antilogarithm pls i nid answer.pls help me solve dis 4562 divided by 98.76 pls dis question is under logarithm
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by Nobody: 10:29am On May 07, 2012
Joshua15: in a topic lyk logarithm hw do they place d decimal point after solving 4 d antilogarithm pls i nid answer.pls help me solve dis 4562 divided by 98.76 pls dis question is under logarithm
you place the decimal point using the value to the left of the decimal. So, if you have say

after you obtain the antilog using 0.4564. You get 2.86. Then you place the decimal using 1 (to the left of the decimal).
so you decimal in 2.86 moves to the right only once. In the end you have 28.6.
You know, this is so that 28.6 can be 2.86 x 10^1

4562/98.6 =
Log(4562/98.6) = Log(4562) - Log(98.6)
= Log(4.562 x 10^3) - Log(9.86 x 10^1).
= 3 + 0.6589648 - 1 - 0.9943172
= 1.6646476

Antilog will give you 46.2.

okay, now, I hope that's not your homework! grin
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by purplekayc(m): 4:29pm On May 27, 2012
The sweetest thing. About math is that you can solve a question in numerous ways as long as you understand it unlike other subjects..... tongue tongue

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (19) (Reply)

Rag Day In Madonna University. (photos) / UNILAG Responds To A Post About Professor That Flogged Students On Nairaland / The Inscription On Placards Used By JAMB Protesters (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.