Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,068 members, 7,818,182 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:43 AM

Save Nigeria Group Disowns Pastor Bakare - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Save Nigeria Group Disowns Pastor Bakare (11480 Views)

APC Blast PDP:'A Party That Can't Even Spell Its Name Wants 2 Save Nigeria'(pics / Osoba Group Disowns Falae Over N100m Donation-the Vanguard / Ngozi Okonjo Iweala And Occupy Nigeria Group: Twitter Fight! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Save Nigeria Group Disowns Pastor Bakare by oyewolejos(m): 12:40am On Jan 20, 2012
Less than a week after the strike over removal of oil subsidy, the Save Nigeria Group (SNG), one of the civil society organizations that partnered with labour to fight the Federal Government may be heading for crisis.

The group yesterday dissociated itself from its Convener, Pastor Tunde Bakare, saying that the cleric’s views during the weeklong strike were his and not that of the SNG.
In a statement by its National Coordinator, Benedict Ezeagu and Public Relations Officer, Olabode Francis, the group regretted rumour in the media and government circle that SNG called for ‘regime change’ during protests against hike in fuel prices.

The group said it respects the rights of Bakare to express his political views within the ambit of the law but that whatever views he (Bakare) may had expressed on the fuel price hike controversy were his and had nothing to do with the SNG.

“Pastor Bakare was suspended as a member of SNG in June, 2010 when he tried to railroad the organization into partisan politics without the consent of its founding members and has not been re-admitted since then.
“So, it is very wrong and a disservice to SNG for the government, the media or any member of the public to insinuate or hold that the views of Pastor Tunde Bakare who is an opposition politician, a card-carrying/active member of CPC and the running mate to its presidential candidate are those of SNG,” it said.

It recalled that SNG and Lawyers of Conscience as harbingers and defenders of democracy led Nigerians to the streets in January 2010 to enforce constitutionalism by successfully demanding for the swearing-in of President Goodluck Jonathan as the acting president of Nigeria during the crisis that followed the late President Umaru Yar’Adua’s sickness. The group also noted that while condemning the unwarranted harassment and murder of innocent Nigerians by Boko Haram and overzealous security agents during the anti-fuel hike protests, SNG re-affirms its solidarity with the people and their fundamental human rights.

“The SNG also laments the increasing deployment of religious bigotry, ethnic prejudices and partisan sentiments as instruments for resolving the National Question and therefore warns that such actions represent nothing but an invitation to and recipe for fratricidal war in the country, which is an ill-wind that blows no one any good. It is a threat to the corperate existence of the country, and a disservice to Africa and the impoverished Nigerians who may eventually be murdered if this brewing national turmoil is not immediately nipped in the bud,” the group said
http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2012/jan/20/national-20-01-2011-012.html
Re: Save Nigeria Group Disowns Pastor Bakare by Kobojunkie: 12:45am On Jan 20, 2012
This is not new. SNG is known to run when the seat gets hot. They did the same back in 2010, in 2011, and again in 2012, with the same Bakare oo. Imagine that. ROFLMAO!
Re: Save Nigeria Group Disowns Pastor Bakare by pcicero(m): 1:15am On Jan 20, 2012
Hmmmmm, why are they just coming out? My guess is they have succeeded in breaking their ranks. With the way this guys wrote this letter, 'e be like say water don enter mouth.'
Where were this 'authentic members' when Bakare was the rallying point of their group? I guess Yinka Odumakin too is no
longer a member of the SNG? I am a fan of the SNG's official Facebook page. So, why were Bakare's comments and positions during the strike being posted on the website of a group that he doesn't belong to? Smh
Re: Save Nigeria Group Disowns Pastor Bakare by jmaine: 1:20am On Jan 20, 2012
SNG Mess                                    Me

Occupy fan club

To be continued
. . . . . .
Re: Save Nigeria Group Disowns Pastor Bakare by oyewolejos(m): 1:30am On Jan 20, 2012
pcicero:

Hmmmmm, why are they just coming out? My guess is they have succeeded in breaking their ranks. With the way this guys wrote this letter, 'e be like say water don enter mouth.'
Where were this 'authentic members' when Bakare was the rallying point of their group? I guess Yinka Odumakin too is no
longer a member of the SNG? I am a fan of the SNG's official Facebook page. So, why were Bakare's comments and positions during the strike being posted on the website of a group that he doesn't belong to? Smh

That still doesn't give Bakare the right to request for a regime change. This is a democratically elected Govt and the people are the custodians of power not an individual. Personal opinion shouldn't be foisted on a group after all this same Bakare was in a meeting with Jonathan during the premature stage of his presidency.
Re: Save Nigeria Group Disowns Pastor Bakare by Kobojunkie: 1:47am On Jan 20, 2012
^^Who does he need permission from you or anyone to request that the regime be removed?
I mean I am shocked that someone whose location says Los Angeles even makes such a declaration? Where you not here to see the many thousands match for the impeachment of Bush only some years ago? Who gave them the permission to do that? Wasn't it there right to free speech and all?  undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

Jeezzz  . . .

1 Like

Re: Save Nigeria Group Disowns Pastor Bakare by pcicero(m): 1:58am On Jan 20, 2012
^^^ abeg help me ask am oo.
Re: Save Nigeria Group Disowns Pastor Bakare by Rad1cal: 2:27am On Jan 20, 2012
Re: Save Nigeria Group Disowns Pastor Bakare by oyewolejos(m): 2:35am On Jan 20, 2012
Kobojunkie:

^^Who does he need permission from to request that the regime be removed? I mean I am shocked that someone whose location says Los Angeles even makes such a declaration? Where you not here to see the many thousands match for the impeachment of Bush only some years ago? Who gave them the permission to do that? Wasn't it there right to free speech and all?  undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

Jeezzz  . . .

Madam personal opinion of Bakare shouldn't be foisted on the SNG. He has the right to protest and even make pronouncement as an individual but don't use the name of the SNG for your parochial and political interest moreover his suspension from SNG still subsists.
He has the freedom of speech and we all saw how he used that freedom during the April poll to ruin the alliance.
Re: Save Nigeria Group Disowns Pastor Bakare by Mogidi: 2:38am On Jan 20, 2012
Kobojunkie:

^^Who does he need permission from to request that the regime be removed

You're wrong to posit the above bolded. In democracy you can only be removed if the electorate says so, permission and request does not come into play here.
Re: Save Nigeria Group Disowns Pastor Bakare by Kobojunkie: 2:44am On Jan 20, 2012
Mogidi:

You're wrong to posit the above bolded. In democracy you can only be removed if the electorate says so, permission and request does not come into play here.

What you have above has NO MEANING whatsoever to what is being discussed though. My post was in response to something alluding to their being some need for the man to obtain permission of some sort  . . . to express his desires as he did.

[size=13pt]Let me reiterate, in a democracy, you are FREE to say you want the president impeached . . . he works for you and you can tell him anyday that you want him to step down. Whether he will actually be removed or impeached because of you . . . is another story, but nothing, absolutely nothing stops you from preaching from the top of the mountain that the president ought to be removed. [/size]
Re: Save Nigeria Group Disowns Pastor Bakare by koruji(m): 2:48am On Jan 20, 2012
He can certainly say it and in fact campaign for it. The only case the govt. has if he actually attempt to overthrow it, but saying it and campaigning for it is no offence - except in some backward countries led to by a Mr. Transformation-towards-the-dark-ages.

Mogidi:

Re: Save Nigeria Group Disowns Pastor Bakare by Kobojunkie: 3:11am On Jan 20, 2012
oyewolejos:

Madam personal opinion of Bakare shouldn't be foisted on the SNG. He has the right to protest and even make pronouncement as an individual but don't use the name of the SNG for your parochial and political interest moreover his suspension from SNG still subsists.
He has the freedom of speech and we all saw how he used that freedom during the April poll to ruin the alliance. 

Well, that is SNG problem now, not yours. You coming here to claim that he has no right to say what he said is what I am opposing. SNG is well known for backing out when the seat gets hot. The man made all these statements so many days ago, but they waited so many days later to distance themselves? Come on!!! I know you have a brain on you there.

Also, let SNG iron it out with him as always. I mean the group, honestly . . . it's like trying to get in between two lovers really . . . they have dropped him so many times and every single time they keep taking him back, only to turn around and complain again when he does exactly what he is known to do. ROFLMAO!!

Back to the issue questions. Where were you all when this same man called for impeachment of Yar adua and helped install Jonathan, even against the Constitution? Were you asking this same question back then? Cause the whole nation heard him call out numerous times for impeachment of the president. And he shouted all that from the SNG podium back then too. So, what the frell are you on about?
Re: Save Nigeria Group Disowns Pastor Bakare by Rad1cal: 4:27am On Jan 20, 2012
[size=16pt]Toothless Bark[/size]are spat out as usual  cool
Re: Save Nigeria Group Disowns Pastor Bakare by jmaine: 5:42am On Jan 20, 2012
Re: Save Nigeria Group Disowns Pastor Bakare by Beaf: 5:49am On Jan 20, 2012
[size=21pt]A false prophet, rejected in his hometown!
Pikin go wound o! Animal go faint o![/size]

Re: Save Nigeria Group Disowns Pastor Bakare by ceah(m): 6:49am On Jan 20, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Well, that is SNG problem now, not yours. You coming here to claim that he has no right to say what he said is what I am opposing. SNG is well known for backing out when the seat gets hot. The man made all these statements so many days ago, but they waited so many days later to distance themselves? Come on!!! I know you have a brain on you there.

Also, let SNG iron it out with him as always. I mean the group, honestly . . . it's like trying to get in between two lovers really . . . they have dropped him so many times and every single time they keep taking him back, only to turn around and complain again when he does exactly what he is known to do. ROFLMAO!!

Back to the issue questions. Where were you all when this same man called for impeachment of Yar adua and helped install Jonathan, even against the Constitution? Were you asking this same question back then? Cause the whole nation heard him call out numerous times for impeachment of the president. And he shouted all that from the SNG podium back then too. So, what the frell are you on about?

Kobo, are you teling me that you believe this story. The real SNG has never for ones disown Bakare, those 2 guys possibly have their own SNG, anything that is not on The SNG Facebook page are basically lies, these are plots by The likes of beaf to have a situation of "Napoleon is always right" and "all Animals are equal but some are more equal than others", The real SNG is going back to Freedom Square, Gani park at ojota this Saturday for Victory Rally and it's still being convene by Bakare, Those 2 guys mentioned are probably just some embittered members that fall out of The Group,

Beaf escaped from Yaba, we will get him soon and take him back, embarassed
Re: Save Nigeria Group Disowns Pastor Bakare by oyewolejos(m): 7:07am On Jan 20, 2012
ceah:

Kobo, are you teling me that you believe this story. The real SNG has never for ones disown Bakare, those 2 guys possibly have their own SNG, anything that is not on The SNG Facebook page are basically lies, these are plots by The likes of beaf to have a situation of "Napoleon is always right" and "all Animals are equal but some are more equal than others", The real SNG is going back to Freedom Square, Gani park at ojota this Saturday for Victory Rally and it's still being convene by Bakare, Those 2 guys mentioned are probably just some embittered members that fall out of The Group,

Beaf escaped from Yaba, we will get him soon and take him back, embarassed

Bro i think u missed the point. The SNG didn't say they ain't protesting or going to Ojota but they are saying they aren't in support of call for regime change. Even Buhari is not calling for regime change during the subsidy removal protest talkless of a political rookie like Bakare.

Kobojunkie:

Check your fact Bakare never called for Yar'dua removal but for Jonathan elevation to Acting President. After all this same Bakare went to Aso Rock during the early days of Jonathan Presidency.
Why didn't he stage a protest way before NLC declared the nationwide strike?
He hijacked the protest for his political interest.
This same Bakare is now denying El Rufai despite the huge amount of money he donated towards the CPC campaign.
The guy is a joke.
Re: Save Nigeria Group Disowns Pastor Bakare by Nobody: 7:14am On Jan 20, 2012
The co-ordinator ''ezeagu'' is even a NLER sef.oya come and tell us why you disowned bakare abi beaf don bribe you ni ?
Re: Save Nigeria Group Disowns Pastor Bakare by Beaf: 7:15am On Jan 20, 2012
ceah:

Beaf escaped from Yaba, we will get him soon and take him back,  embarassed

Beaf is your problem? shocked

Sadly, people like you will remain fools forever. cry cry cry cry cry
You willingly remain ignorant and ready to be used like toilet roll. Your type never opens a newspaper to read, or researches events in their own compounds; you will hail and dobale for the man the man that breaks through your window, purloins your womans sacred fruit, and rains hot slaps on your phucking bald head.

For your info, you mud brained dimwit; this is the second time the SNG is disowning your false prophet and raider of the weak and poor. Check the date on the article below, its from last year. No?
Actually click on the link and visit the page, it will help to unscrew your mind and stop phucking cretins like you mentioning "Beaf." I hate stup!d people mentioning my name, cos we have nothing in common. Seen?

[size=14pt]Presidential Election: Save Nigeria Group disowns Bakare[/size]
On April 14, 2011 · In Headlines
By Kingsley Omonobi

As the nation nears the zero hour to  the Presidential elections,  the Save Nigeria Group (SNG), which Pastor Tunde Bakare, the Vice Presidential Candidate for Congress for Progressive Change, co-founded, has distanced itself from his presidential bid.

Acting National Coordinator of the group, Benedict Ezeagu disclosed to newsmen in Abuja that Pastor Bakare did not inform the pressure group of his foray into politics even when confronted severally after his moves as the leader of the group became suspicious.

However, the Publicity Director of the Buhari/Bakare Campaign Organization, Yinka Odumakin could not be reached  for comments but the National Publicity Secretary of the CPC, Rotimi Fashakin dismissed the claims of the group saying their support is not solicited.

Recall that Pastor Bakare has come under condemnation for meeting with politicians before he was finally chosen as Vice-Presidential candidate.

Briefing newsmen after a meeting of the group on the on-going general election, Thursday, acting National Coordinator of the SNG, Benedict Ezeagu said the body had no support for Pastor Bakare’s ambition because it was not in the picture when he was making the moves despite persistent enquiry on some of his action before he picked up the presidential slot.

He said the smooth conduct of the National Assembly election despite some noticeable lapses was commendable pointing out that Professor Attahiru Jega deserved applause for the conduct which has offered a ray of hope that Nigerians can conduct credible, free and fair elections, which for some time have been elusive.

“The meeting therefore congratulates Nigerian electorates for coming out en masse to exercise their franchise and for conducting themselves peacefully and orderly”, Ezeagu said.

He congratulated President Goodluck Jonathan for living up to his promise of giving Nigerians credible elections, which he showed through his disposition, attitude, and non-interference with the operations of the Jega led INEC that made success of the NASS election possible.

“The meeting therefore warns that Save Nigeria Group will no longer allow anti-democratic forces, those who prefer the sanctity of bullet/violence to the sanctity of ballot to exploit the current environment of freedom in the country to try to truncate the on-going democratic efforts.

“Finally, the meeting calls on all national stakeholders and the Nigerian masses to use all legitimate means to guard this democratic process and ensure that the remaining elections in the country are held as planned in a free, fair, peaceful and credible atmosphere”, he stated.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/04/presidential-polls-save-nigeria-group-disowns-bakare/

Aluta!
www.nairaland.com/attachments/180447_ROTFLMAO_gif3d0c775232c7f27cf80592785b9635b6
Re: Save Nigeria Group Disowns Pastor Bakare by manchy7531: 8:19am On Jan 20, 2012
cowards that can finish what they have started when the heat is on, i laugh in shagari state
Re: Save Nigeria Group Disowns Pastor Bakare by tunnytox(m): 8:53am On Jan 20, 2012
SMH, it is ridiculous that some people despite living in developed countries don't know the true meaning of democracy. I leave you with kobojunkie cos I know she'll give you a run for your money on this debate.
Re: Save Nigeria Group Disowns Pastor Bakare by ceah(m): 8:56am On Jan 20, 2012
oyewolejos:

Bro i think u missed the point. The SNG didn't say they ain't protesting or going to Ojota but they are saying they aren't in support of call for regime change. Even Buhari is not calling for regime change during the subsidy removal protest talkless of a political rookie like Bakare.

Bro visit The Facebook page, SNG just debunked The rumour, PTB remains SNG Convener. The guy mentioned in The article was never a member of SNG like i told you, so be careful and Wise while reading this so called newspapers and beaf cannot be trusted

http://www.facebook.com/savenigeriagroup

Message from SNG FB page:
Reports circulating about Pastor Bakare's 'suspension' from Save Nigeria Group are malicious and false. Mr. Benedict Ezeagu is NOT the National Coordinator of SNG, has never been a member of SNG, and thus cannot speak on behalf of SNG in public or private. Necessary steps are being taken to curb this impersonation.
Re: Save Nigeria Group Disowns Pastor Bakare by maclatunji: 9:00am On Jan 20, 2012
The right and ability to call those in authority to account for their action or inaction does not exclusively reside with one man or organisation. This was demonstrated yesterday in Lagos when other people who are not Tunde Bakare or from Save Nigeria Group (SNG) protested against the Federal Government's actions in what they tagged 'Defy the Dictator' rally.

Hence, any attempts to ridicule Pastor Tunde Bakare's points by this 'SNG' or any other party is best described as an exercise in futility. If the FG is convinced that Tunde Bakare has done something wrong they should arrest him and charge him to court. Otherwise, government officials should shut up on the matter!
Re: Save Nigeria Group Disowns Pastor Bakare by Nobody: 9:00am On Jan 20, 2012
man see GEJ  desperation

transformers, busters in disguise
Re: Save Nigeria Group Disowns Pastor Bakare by ceah(m): 9:01am On Jan 20, 2012
Beaf:

Beaf is your problem? shocked

Sadly, people like you will remain fools forever. cry cry cry cry cry
You willingly remain ignorant and ready to be used like toilet roll. Your type never opens a newspaper to read, or researches events in their own compounds; you will hail and dobale for the man the man that breaks through your window, purloins your womans sacred fruit, and rains hot slaps on your phucking bald head.

For your info, you mud brained dimwit; this is the second time the SNG is disowning your false prophet and raider of the weak and poor. Check the date on the article below, its from last year. No?
Actually click on the link and visit the page, it will help to unscrew your mind and stop phucking cretins like you mentioning "Beaf." I hate stup!d people mentioning my name, cos we have nothing in common. Seen?

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/04/presidential-polls-save-nigeria-group-disowns-bakare/

Aluta!
www.nairaland.com/attachments/180447_ROTFLMAO_gif3d0c775232c7f27cf80592785b9635b6

Beaf, Obo lagido 1 of nairaland,

Visit SNG page for enlightenment

Re: Save Nigeria Group Disowns Pastor Bakare by Nobody: 9:11am On Jan 20, 2012
Instead of going to Τ̲̅ђε̲̣̣̣̥ man to ask him to change his position, they're running from him. Pastor Bakare is the tip of the arrowhead. Without him, ℓ̊ don't want to even be associated to a S̴̩☺̩ called pressure group that can't take a little heat.
Re: Save Nigeria Group Disowns Pastor Bakare by Nobody: 9:13am On Jan 20, 2012
Instead of going to Τ̲̅ђε̲̣̣̣̥ man to ask him to change his position, they're running from him. Pastor Bakare is the tip of the arrowhead. Without him, ℓ̊ don't want to even be associated to a S̴̩☺̩ called pressure group that can't take a little heat.
Re: Save Nigeria Group Disowns Pastor Bakare by NoahArk1: 9:16am On Jan 20, 2012
First of all Good day to you all at Nairaland, This is my first post having been an ardent follower of Nairaland. There is all a first time. Thank You.

The elements that are bent on breaking the ranks of Progressives (Sorry people who challenge Government policies) are at it again.
The same Bakare stood with Jonathan Goodluck when he couldnt find his voice when he couldnt face Turai Yar'adua and the cabals (back then) who wouldnt allow him assume the role of acting President.

For me, it just unfortunate how we are quick to spread propaganda just to protect people in Power. Tommorow i will be at the Ojota Protest
Re: Save Nigeria Group Disowns Pastor Bakare by jamace(m): 9:21am On Jan 20, 2012
I see some govt forces have infiltrated the SNG. Without Bakare, the SNG will sell the organisation for a plate of porridge like the NLC officials did to Nigerians. Mark my word,
Re: Save Nigeria Group Disowns Pastor Bakare by doctokwus: 9:26am On Jan 20, 2012
ceah:

Bro visit The Facebook page,  SNG just debunked The rumour, PTB remains SNG Convener. The guy mentioned in The article was never a member of SNG like i told you, so be careful and Wise while reading this so called newspapers and beaf cannot be trusted

Message from SNG FB page:
Reports circulating about Pastor Bakare's 'suspension' from Save Nigeria Group are malicious and false. Mr. Benedict Ezeagu is NOT the National Coordinator of SNG, has never been a member of SNG, and thus cannot speak on behalf of SNG in public or private. Necessary steps are being taken to curb this impersonation.

Sometimes we shd just use our common sense and realise that some posters are 'blackmailers', paid agents or outrightly mischievous.I didn't need to reach down ur post to know d op is clearly not of SNG
Re: Save Nigeria Group Disowns Pastor Bakare by phreakabit(m): 9:27am On Jan 20, 2012

[size=18pt]RFLMAO[/size]

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fulani Herdsmen: Troubled Spots Awaiting Govt’s Action - VANGUARD / Buhari Yet To Fill Cabinet Positions One Month After Resignation Of Ministers / Tension As PDP, APC Disagree On Security On Warri Waterways

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.