Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,139 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:59 AM

Save Nigeria Group Disowns Pastor Bakare - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Save Nigeria Group Disowns Pastor Bakare (11469 Views)

APC Blast PDP:'A Party That Can't Even Spell Its Name Wants 2 Save Nigeria'(pics / Osoba Group Disowns Falae Over N100m Donation-the Vanguard / Ngozi Okonjo Iweala And Occupy Nigeria Group: Twitter Fight! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Save Nigeria Group Disowns Pastor Bakare by dnative(m): 9:27am On Jan 20, 2012
Some satirical excerpts comparing the old Soviet Union to the U.S. Sadly the same still applies to Nigeria.

Q: Is it true that there is freedom of speech in the Soviet Union the same as there is in the USA?
    A: In principle, yes. In the USA, you can stand in front of the White House in Washington, DC, and yell, "Down with the President of the United States!", and you will not be punished. Just the same, you can stand in the Red Square in Moscow and yell, "Down with the President of the United States!", and you will not be punished.

Q: What is the difference between the Constitutions of the USA and USSR? Both guarantee freedom of speech.
    A: Yes, but the Constitution of the USA also guarantees freedom after the speech.

Q: Is it true that the Soviet Union is the most progressive country in the world?
    A: Of course! The life was already better yesterday than it's going to be tomorrow!
Re: Save Nigeria Group Disowns Pastor Bakare by Mobinga: 9:30am On Jan 20, 2012
jmaine:

Stop the faggoted theft.
Re: Save Nigeria Group Disowns Pastor Bakare by ochukoccna: 9:43am On Jan 20, 2012
More drama.
Re: Save Nigeria Group Disowns Pastor Bakare by genxris: 9:49am On Jan 20, 2012
I always knew that Imam Tunde Bakare used d opportunity of d NLC protest to pour out his frustration of loosing an election to GEJ.Bakare is so full of hatred ,u just v to attend a sunday service in his church to understand what i mean, always cursing &believes he alone is righteous,he sees no good in other pentecostal pastors nor govt representativs, now his constituency is disowning his hate messages, LWKMD
Re: Save Nigeria Group Disowns Pastor Bakare by akings100: 9:54am On Jan 20, 2012
Rather than commend Pst Tunde Bakare nd SNG for there bold nd courageous move at challenging pdp nd d cabals, we chose to blackmail Bakare, may God 4give you all because ur brain is unda ur feet. My advice 2u all is to go n wake human right activist like Gani, Fela to help u fight d govt.
Re: Save Nigeria Group Disowns Pastor Bakare by jmaine: 9:59am On Jan 20, 2012
Mobinga:

Stop the faggoted theft.

Are you trying to claim you own proprietary  rights to those smileys, i harvested online from pho********.com
Re: Save Nigeria Group Disowns Pastor Bakare by Nobody: 10:18am On Jan 20, 2012
Isnt he d founder .
Re: Save Nigeria Group Disowns Pastor Bakare by kuluTemper: 10:23am On Jan 20, 2012
We should not get overly exited with the phrase regime change or change in regime. Between january 1st and today we have experienced three regime changes;, in petroleum prices. I support his call for regime change. A regime change does not translate to a change in the presidency, it only translate to a change in how government business is conducted.

Regime change we asked for, regime change we demand for, regime change we stand for!
Re: Save Nigeria Group Disowns Pastor Bakare by pcicero(m): 10:31am On Jan 20, 2012
This Ezeagu and his cohorts are impostors. Please read the story below. Where were they in all these?

Tweet  

Email A Friend  |   Print

Save Nigeria Group plans mass rally to protest political situation in Nigeria, on March 10 in Abuja

| March 05, 2010

The Save Nigeria Group (SNG) a coalition of civil society and religious bodies in Nigeria is to hold a mass rally on March 10, the date of the next meeting of the Executive Council of the Federation (EXCOF), in Abuja to protest against the current political situation in Nigeria.

In a press release titled, “Now That They Have Exhausted Our Patience, ” the Save Nigeria Group said it plans a series of actions to “retrieve the country from the iron fisted clutches of the cabal” and “Other forms of nationwide civil disobedience measures to put a final closure to the shenanigans of the cabal and enforce electoral reforms to ensure that we are no longer deal with in the old ways”

The group criticized the secrecy around President Yar’Adua’s return from Saudi Arabia and his continued absence from the public's eye with a spokesman saying, “Had we not been vigilant, they would have continued to lie to us by using his name to issue all sorts of directives which the ailing President is not privy to,”

The group led by the SNG leader, Pastor Tunde Bakare, met with Acting President Goodluck Jonathan who received them and promised to get back to the group.

The delegation also included Mr. Femi Falana, President of West Africa Bar Association, Mr. Tanko Yinusa; Mr. Tola Ayo-Adeyemi, Mrs. Joe Okei-Odumakin, Mr. Yinka Odumakin, Mr. Willy Ezeugwu; Mr. Osita Okechukwu, Nagatu Moha-mmed, Shehu Sani, Salisu Lukman, Raymond Dokpesi, Buba Galadima, Hajia Jinatu Mohammed, Osita Okechukwu, CNPP spokesperson, and Mr. Jimmy Agbaje, the DPA Lagos gubernatorial candidate

Save Nigeria Group plans mass rally to protest political situation in Nigeria, on March 10 in Abuja
------------------------

http://www.ngex.com/news/public/newsinfo.php?nid=8827

Re: Save Nigeria Group Disowns Pastor Bakare by Hydy(m): 10:32am On Jan 20, 2012
hy see nothing wrong in one's opinion of askin' 4 a regime change. hy mean since d government is acting like this is not a democratic regime, d people could start actin' that way as well.
Re: Save Nigeria Group Disowns Pastor Bakare by Ournaija: 10:44am On Jan 20, 2012
People are just desperate to portor PTB`s name. Nigerians are not ripe for democracy. Tribalism, bigotry, corruption and the likes are the worms eating up this nonsense setup called democracy. I thought freedom of speech is one of the fundamentals of democracy. PTB have inherited loads insults too much for 10 men to carry after his participation in the protest. Is this democracy? Are they saying we should all shut-up?
Re: Save Nigeria Group Disowns Pastor Bakare by jamace(m): 10:48am On Jan 20, 2012
Re: Save Nigeria Group Disowns Pastor Bakare by Datomon: 11:00am On Jan 20, 2012
The biggest problem in Nigeria is the Nigerian people and their fickle memory. Some of us forget in a hurry that it was this same Bakare that marched to the National Assembly to fight that  Jonathan should  be the Acting President. This same Bakare that has become public enemy number one raised his voice to condemn the imposition of a dead president on Nigerians while the vice president Goodluck Jonathan was being sidelined. Then Jonathan and his sympathizers did not see him as an enemy. Jonathan hosted this same Bakare at the Aso Rock villa when he became Acting President and even attempted to pass the traditional brown envelope to Bakare which backfired. Today he is fighting against the economic policies of Jonathan and he is being condemned. Bakare can afford to pay =N=500 per liter of fuel if he chooses. The man has a strength of character which a good number of us lack. He is not a sycophant neither is he doing this for narrow gains. This man came out openly to lead protests while many of us were sitting down in our homes. I respect him for that. The fact that he fought for  Jonathan to assume the office of Acting President and has now turned around to oppose the same Jonathan shows that his actions are defined by principles and values which are unshaken and cannot be compromised no matter whose ox is gored. He has the constitutional right to form an opinion about a Government and he also has the right to call for a President to be impeached . In my own books Goodluck Jonathan has committed a number of impeachable offences since January 1st 2012.

Tunbde Bakare is the Chief Convener of the Save Nigeria Group and this group has had positive impacts on the state of affairs of this Country. Many of us are docile and cowards and we should never be in a hurry top condemn those who take actions and risk their lives for the good of everyone.
Re: Save Nigeria Group Disowns Pastor Bakare by LEXYLOV: 11:16am On Jan 20, 2012
Pastor Bakare is a Nigerian, and every Nigerians has fundamental right to express his/her view towards anything. If he call for clueless regime change in his own view he is right as millions of Nigerians have already knows that we have a ship captain like Francesco Schettino and we need to raised the alarm before hitting the rock because no life boats or jackets on top of this 180milion passengers ship call Nigeria. If SNG has rappour with GEJ now and have their cake and now come back to say non sense on anybody they better go and seat down we all knows the truth.
Re: Save Nigeria Group Disowns Pastor Bakare by Beaf: 11:38am On Jan 20, 2012
LEXYLOV:

Pastor Bakare is a Nigerian, and every Nigerians has fundamental right to express his/her view towards anything. If he call for clueless regime change in his own view he is right as millions of Nigerians have already knows that we have a ship captain like Francesco Schettino  and we need to raised the alarm before hitting the rock because no life boats or jackets on top of this 180milion passengers ship call Nigeria. If SNG has rappour with GEJ now and have their cake and now come back to say non sense on anybody they better go and seat down we all knows the truth.

Agbrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
My waist o! See how a human is remorsely cracking kernels with English! Choi! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Bruv, I can just imagine you killing flies and mosquito's with Engrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrriiisss like kokolet Rita! Two of you should be employed in the USA's efforts in Aghanistan, to kill Taliban with the spoken word!

I found something from your wife. Henjoy! grin grin grin grin

[flash=420,315]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_E3gIJXbeA[/flash]

www.nairaland.com/attachments/180447_ROTFLMAO_gif3d0c775232c7f27cf80592785b9635b6
Re: Save Nigeria Group Disowns Pastor Bakare by jmaine: 11:50am On Jan 20, 2012
^

Re: Save Nigeria Group Disowns Pastor Bakare by DrummaBoy(m): 12:14pm On Jan 20, 2012
This pseudo SNG could very change thier names and text their popularity
It show how treatened GEJ is to sponsor them
Re: Save Nigeria Group Disowns Pastor Bakare by executinal(m): 12:37pm On Jan 20, 2012
Beaf:

Agbrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
My waist o! See how a human is remorsely cracking kernels with English! Choi! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Bruv, I can just imagine you killing flies and mosquito's with Engrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrriiisss like kokolet Rita! Two of you should be employed in the USA's efforts in Aghanistan, to kill Taliban with the spoken word!

[flash=420,315]

www.nairaland.com/attachments/180447_ROTFLMAO_gif3d0c775232c7f27cf80592785b9635b6
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Save Nigeria Group Disowns Pastor Bakare by Baawaa(m): 1:10pm On Jan 20, 2012
I see some govt forces have infiltrated the SNG. Without Bakare, the SNG will sell the organisation for a plate of porridge like the NLC officials did to Nigerians. Mark my word,

Good talk,by reasonable person
Re: Save Nigeria Group Disowns Pastor Bakare by smarttalks: 1:16pm On Jan 20, 2012
smiley
Re: Save Nigeria Group Disowns Pastor Bakare by phreakabit(m): 2:27pm On Jan 20, 2012
Beaf:

[flash=420,315]

[size=14pt]Finally the Yo****s have ave [b]h[/b]an [b]h[/b]answer to Ogbunigwe. Presenting the bullets [b]H[/b]avalanche Rita. Comes fully loaded with "jazz" [b]h[/b]and bullets.[/size]
Re: Save Nigeria Group Disowns Pastor Bakare by dbride: 2:40pm On Jan 20, 2012
I have told a lot of us that some stories are fictitious and we must use our god-given brain/wisdom to discern what is true or false; @Sagamite, it has happened again and I am still laughing.
Re: Save Nigeria Group Disowns Pastor Bakare by seenoevil1: 2:49pm On Jan 20, 2012
Beaf:

[flash=420,315]

Re: Save Nigeria Group Disowns Pastor Bakare by daphil: 2:51pm On Jan 20, 2012
@ This is an update from SNG Facebook.

Save Nigeria Group (Official Fan Page)

Pastor Bakare on Mr. Benedict Ezeagu and other 'establishment attack dogs': "It has come to our knowledge that one Benedict Ezeagu has been using the name of Save Nigeria Group (SNG) in such manner as to cause confusion & disaffection amongst our members, allies and friends. As Convener of the Save Nigeria Group, I hereby declare that Benedict Ezeagu is not and has not been appointed by the Save Nigeria Group to act for us in any capacity. We are registered with the Corporate Affairs Commission and neither Ezeagu nor any of his attention-seeking cohorts is on our board.

I have never been suspended at any time by the Save Nigeria Group. Our lawyers are in the process of issuing disclaimers today, while at the same time taking all necessary legal actions against these ‘establishment attack dogs’ against my person or the SNG. Ezeagu’s advertorial in today’s newspapers does not carry our corporate logo and the address used is not ours.

We assure the public that we have resolved never to be distracted by any petty irritants and meddlesome interlopers."
Re: Save Nigeria Group Disowns Pastor Bakare by Raxxye(m): 11:55am On Jan 21, 2012
Datomon:

The biggest problem in Nigeria is the Nigerian people and their fickle memory. Some of us forget in a hurry that it was this same Bakare that marched to the National Assembly to fight that  Jonathan should  be the Acting President. This same Bakare that has become public enemy number one raised his voice to condemn the imposition of a dead president on Nigerians while the vice president Goodluck Jonathan was being sidelined. Then Jonathan and his sympathizers did not see him as an enemy. Jonathan hosted this same Bakare at the Aso Rock villa when he became Acting President and even attempted to pass the traditional brown envelope to Bakare which backfired. Today he is fighting against the economic policies of Jonathan and he is being condemned. Bakare can afford to pay =N=500 per liter of fuel if he chooses. The man has a strength of character which a good number of us lack. He is not a sycophant neither is he doing this for narrow gains. This man came out openly to lead protests while many of us were sitting down in our homes. I respect him for that. The fact that he fought for  Jonathan to assume the office of Acting President and has now turned around to oppose the same Jonathan shows that his actions are defined by principles and values which are unshaken and cannot be compromised no matter whose ox is gored. He has the constitutional right to form an opinion about a Government and he also has the right to call for a President to be impeached . In my own books Goodluck Jonathan has committed a number of impeachable offences since January 1st 2012.

I do not know which particular position u occupy in the pastor‘s employ, but we don‘t expect his views and utterings in early 2010 to be same as it is now that he is interested in GEJ‘s job. He‘s an opposition politician,for crying out loud, and not the messiah! So stop portraying him as such.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Should Alaba Electronics Market And Computer Village Be Relocated To The East / Autogas, Modular Refinery: PMB Making Conquests Steadily, Surely / Mahfouz Adedimeji, Ibrahim Isiaka ‘Clash’ Over Lawmakers’ Earnings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.