Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,073 members, 7,818,203 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:14 AM

I Want My Daughter To Wear A Chastity Ring - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Want My Daughter To Wear A Chastity Ring (3354 Views)

Why I Don't Want My Brother To Get Married To Her / Is It Proper For A Wife To Wear A 'g-string'? Please Help / PLEASE HELP: I Want My Ex - Husband Back (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want My Daughter To Wear A Chastity Ring by ibis: 7:58pm On Oct 10, 2007
when my daughter turns 12 and i believe she is able to fully understand the significance,
i will get her a chastity ring. it is a sign of commitment to chastity and remaining pure till she gets
married.(in accordance with my Christian beliefs) as i feel it will act as a sort of "conscience guard" ie like a reminder if temptation comes.

a friend of mine feels its not a good idea,

what do you guys think?
Re: I Want My Daughter To Wear A Chastity Ring by Nobody: 11:34pm On Oct 10, 2007
I think it's a good idea, it certainly won't do any harm.
Re: I Want My Daughter To Wear A Chastity Ring by ikamefa(f): 2:36am On Oct 11, 2007
in my opinion not a good idea !

she is going to have sex if she wants to, chastity ring or no chastity ring! you need to see and hear of all he sexual perversions out there now shocked its like placing a burden /responsibility on her at such a tender age! age 12? abeg let the girl be free!

educate her on the disadvantages of having sex soo early and the advantages of remaining a virgin until marriage,let her grow into her own person ,deciding if she wants to have sex before marriage or not!

the choice of being a virgin or not is not yours to make, you can only guide her! it also

depends on the kind of child she is ,does she respond well to heart -to heart talks with her parents, how well does she react to peer pressure, in what kind of environment is she being raised and so many other factors should be considered!

how old is she now anyway? undecided
Re: I Want My Daughter To Wear A Chastity Ring by Fileki(f): 11:09am On Oct 11, 2007
'' chastity ring''? thats intriguing, i suscribe to that idea, it looks like an idea that wld work, pls go ahead and let her wear it, im expecting a niece i, wnt mind giving it to when she grows, '' a chastity ring from my aunt'' that's ' what she wld tell her friends and boyfriend when she grows.

go ahead and do it!
Re: I Want My Daughter To Wear A Chastity Ring by Fileki(f): 11:12am On Oct 11, 2007
she wont only tell her friends though, she would abide by the reason 4 wearing it. cos il let her know the significance!
Re: I Want My Daughter To Wear A Chastity Ring by omo07(f): 8:26am On Oct 27, 2007
12 is kind of young,
14, 15, 16 seem reasonable!
Re: I Want My Daughter To Wear A Chastity Ring by ebony4life(f): 5:35pm On Oct 27, 2007
Its a good idea, it will help, though based on her self control and hand mind set,
but with a constant mother- daughter talk, I think she could wait. cool
Re: I Want My Daughter To Wear A Chastity Ring by janami(f): 8:44pm On Oct 27, 2007
that sounds good. i think 12 is ok cos girls develop kind of fast nowadays. but dt doesnt mk everything 100percent sure sha but it is good
Re: I Want My Daughter To Wear A Chastity Ring by ibis: 10:29pm On Oct 27, 2007
thanks all. i will prayerfully do it!!!!!!
Re: I Want My Daughter To Wear A Chastity Ring by spoilt(f): 1:12am On Nov 13, 2007
This practise has become all the rave over here, making kids wear chastity rings to symbolize purity. ATM (Abstinence till Marriage) they are calling it these days.
Its good to teach kids the way to go but at such a young age you teach them and hope they listen not branding them with the decision. If she choooses to wear it good. If you make her wear it not so good. What happens when she grows older and dumps the ring? Or has sex while wearing the ring? grin

On the other hand i never see men make their sons wear the so called abstinence rings. As long as only girls are taught to abstain, its not likely that they'll make it intact to the marriage bed. The boys will always be on rampage.
Re: I Want My Daughter To Wear A Chastity Ring by finemocha(f): 2:03am On Nov 13, 2007
i say educate ur daughter, about the cons of having sex before marriage, and also especially about std's, then slap the ring on her. finish
Re: I Want My Daughter To Wear A Chastity Ring by allonym: 3:52am On Nov 13, 2007
ikamefa:

in my opinion not a good idea !

she is going to have sex if she wants to, chastity ring or no chastity ring! you need to see and hear of all he sexual perversions out there now shocked its like placing a burden /responsibility on her at such a tender age! age 12? abeg let the girl be free!

Giving her a chastity ring is placing too much of a burden/responsibility on her at such a tender age. . .but you are ok with letting her roam wild and free to have sex? Does that make sense to you? What exactly is this undue burden or responsibility?

Boy: Hi girl, lets have sex.
Girl w/o chastity ring: Ok

Girl w/ chastity ring: *head explodes because there was too much pressure on her*
Re: I Want My Daughter To Wear A Chastity Ring by ikamefa(f): 4:15am On Nov 13, 2007
allonym:

Giving her a chastity ring is placing too much of a burden/responsibility on her at such a tender age. . .but you are ok with letting her roam wild and free to have sex? Does that make sense to you? What exactly is this undue burden or responsibility?

Boy: Hi girl, lets have sex.
Girl w/o chastity ring: Ok

Girl w/ chastity ring: *head explodes because there was too much pressure on her*

how can she roam wild if she well brought up?

chastity ring or not, if she is solicited for sex she is still going to have it if she wants to (free will geddit? and the ability to know what is right and be able to make the right decisions)

to me chastity ring don't mean jack! shikena!
Re: I Want My Daughter To Wear A Chastity Ring by sage(m): 6:28am On Nov 13, 2007
would chastity ring stop her from divorce too?

If not i dont really see any point in it
Re: I Want My Daughter To Wear A Chastity Ring by ibis: 6:36am On Nov 13, 2007
I am making this decision prayerfully!!!!!!!!

i am a Christian and believe in the power of prayer and i also believe that her wearing the ring will help as a reminder to her decision.

i saw it work for a friend of mine. she had worn this ring through out uni and when we were in law school, we were like 26 then, i asked her and she explained what it was all about. she got married immediately after law school and it was so beautiful watching her exchange it for her wedding band!!!!!

pre-marital sex may be rampant but it still is not right.

God attaches special blessings to those who are able to obey this command and in the long run she saves herself all the high blood pressure from

missed periods
abortions
pre-marital pregnancy
std's
and that nagging feeling we have in our conscience that it is wrong!!!!!!!!!!!

the bible says train up a child in the way he should go and when he is old he will not depart from it. i sure believe this! grin
Re: I Want My Daughter To Wear A Chastity Ring by candies(f): 11:46am On Nov 13, 2007
I think it's a good idea but you must start by giving a very sound moral teaching and the benefits of chastity.

When i was about 20 and an undergraduate, I didn't want to get disvirgined even though i had a boyfriend.
I wore some very rare beads on my waist and told my boyfriend that my mom gave it to me as a sign of my virginity. I was allowed to take it off only on my wedding night after the marriage has been consumated.

He believed me and we kept a 4 year relationship without sex. I later told him I lied to keep us safe from sex. He thought that was the coolest thing I ever told him!
Re: I Want My Daughter To Wear A Chastity Ring by yimiton(f): 5:02pm On Nov 13, 2007
Good idea.
Candies, I like the beads- on- your- waist -thing. I wonder where you got the idea. very very creative.
Re: I Want My Daughter To Wear A Chastity Ring by Seun(m): 8:04pm On Nov 13, 2007
Your daughter is going to have sex at the first opportunity she gets. If you want to help, give her a packet of condoms. cheesy
Re: I Want My Daughter To Wear A Chastity Ring by ifyalways(f): 1:34am On Nov 14, 2007
the time spent on buying and wearing the so called ring can be spent to have heart to heart chat with your baby,tell her the dos and dont of sex,educate her fully abt stds.i guess it wud do her more gud than any ring.its her life,dont forget.she alone can decide on what to do and what not.just advice and talk with her abt sex and sexuality often and then leave the rest to God.goodluck
Re: I Want My Daughter To Wear A Chastity Ring by spoilt(f): 2:13am On Nov 14, 2007
chastity rings, belts, beads and what not. what next? chastity masks? ( oh, just remembered. Some people already wear those!  grin)  whatever happened to good old morals carried in the heart?
Re: I Want My Daughter To Wear A Chastity Ring by debosky(m): 2:20am On Nov 14, 2007
a good talking to, firm moral upbringing and giving her room to make her own decisions is the key, as well as building up her faith in God (if your family is thus inclined)

I don't think I need to tell you of statistics showing that just as many youths who make the 'chastity/abstinence vow' go ahead to have premarital sex as much as those who don't. . .or those people claiming to go for church 'service' but end up detouring for some illicit romps with the neighborhood stud grin grin grin

A Ring might be a good idea if she wants an external display of her vow/decision, not as something forced on her by her folks. Teenagers love to rebel - if you decide to make her wear the ring, she might go to have sex JUST to go against you. Let her know you love her, and develop her self esteem and self worth so she will not give in to sex for love or any other tricks out there, but will only do it when SHE is ready.

No rings/belts or GPS Linked sexual arousal monitors connected to the neighborhood Police Station grin grin grin will do the trick.
Re: I Want My Daughter To Wear A Chastity Ring by ikamefa(f): 2:20am On Nov 14, 2007
spoilt:

chastity rings, belts, beads and what not. what next? [/b]a chastity masks?

" grin " naaaaah na [b]white picket fence [/b]around the waist to maintain chastity! grin

spoilt:

( oh, just remembered. Some people already wear those! grin) whatever happened to [b]good old morals carried in the heart?

abeg help me ask them oh! cheesy
Re: I Want My Daughter To Wear A Chastity Ring by ikamefa(f): 2:22am On Nov 14, 2007
debosky:

No rings/belts or GPS Linked sexual arousal monitors connected to the neighborhood Police Station grin grin grin will do the trick.

shocked shocked shocked nna where can i buy this device? tongue tongue
Re: I Want My Daughter To Wear A Chastity Ring by spoilt(f): 2:23am On Nov 14, 2007
ikamefa:

shocked shocked shocked nna where can i buy this device? tongue tongue

to track whose sexual arousal ejo? shocked
Re: I Want My Daughter To Wear A Chastity Ring by debosky(m): 2:33am On Nov 14, 2007
the girl's own of course. . .and to detect signals from any aroused 'abunna' within a 200m radius of the chick tongue

@ Ika

come to next year's Onitsha International Trade Fair, my company as the SOLE MARKETER will have them on display wink
Re: I Want My Daughter To Wear A Chastity Ring by ikamefa(f): 2:36am On Nov 14, 2007
spoilt:

to track whose sexual arousal ejo? shocked

the girls' arousal of course! " grin "

debosky:

the girl's own of course. . .and to detect signals from any aroused 'abunna' within a 200m radius of the chick tongue

@ Ika

come to next year's Onitsha International Trade Fair, my company as the SOLE MARKETER will have them on display wink

i hear you! onitsha business man! grin
Re: I Want My Daughter To Wear A Chastity Ring by FLYBOY(m): 12:31am On Nov 18, 2007
And here I was thiking we were in the 21st century.
What next, CASTRATION FOR THE ERRANT MALE CHILD. GEEZ
Re: I Want My Daughter To Wear A Chastity Ring by almondjoy(f): 12:38pm On Nov 20, 2007
FLYBOY:

And here I was thinking we were in the 21st century.
What next, CASTRATION FOR THE ERRANT MALE CHILD. GEEZ

ha ha ha ha ha!  Very funny! grin

She is her daughter and she can jolly well do what she dannnnn well pleases with her till the poor girl decides what she wants for herself.

Nothing wrong with advertising or celebrating the goddess of virginity in the African culture. wink
Re: I Want My Daughter To Wear A Chastity Ring by SweetT1: 4:48pm On Nov 21, 2007
@poster

There is a new scientific device that has worked well but the device is strictly for catholic fathers. It is designed by a catholic doctor for church members, it's new. This device is actually for under 17 girls. The device works like a fire alarm and it's a temporary medical implant given like a shot. when the girl is sexually aroused around the breast area, the sexual hormones in her body sends a signal to the electropotential of a special family designed clock and the bell rings six times to alert a family member. The only side effect is the false alarm set when the daughter is masturbating or watching a romantic movies and also rashes around the butt cheeks. They are doing more research work to reduce the side effects.
Re: I Want My Daughter To Wear A Chastity Ring by almondjoy(f): 9:26pm On Nov 21, 2007
Well how about that? tongue

Why are you just telling my this? Make I for use am torture my parents well well! cheesy

I always knew that there was little difference between priests, pastors and babalawos.  All go for training in India--for that magical handkerchief!

Na wah for religion oh!
Re: I Want My Daughter To Wear A Chastity Ring by kamsi(f): 10:38pm On Nov 21, 2007
@ sweet T
pls were on earth did you get that incredible story.
Re: I Want My Daughter To Wear A Chastity Ring by ThoniaSlim(f): 3:34am On Nov 23, 2007
@topic

i think its a wrong thing to do. chastity is a personal thing between an individual and God. i suggest you tell her what is right and wrong, explain the implications of choosing the wrong path and leave her to choose. because no matter how you restrict her, if she wants to have sex, she would.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Only Meat In The Pot, Who Would You Give? your Father Or Husband? / Who Will Marry Me? / I Am Too Depressed!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.