Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,720 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:11 PM

An Assessment On The State Of The STATE - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / An Assessment On The State Of The STATE (6113 Views)

Latest Assessment On Chibok Girls / Atiku's Assessment On Pmb's Govt- The Nation / What's Ur Assessment on Gov. T.A Orji's Administration So Far In Abia State? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: An Assessment On The State Of The STATE by NegroNtns(m): 5:10pm On Jan 22, 2012
Yes too mush grammar but i loved it.

Negro you the bomb. Gbawe too

Chick im feeling you! wink forget Gbawe, he's too busy preaching politics. grin

so,. . . is that worm? smiley
Re: An Assessment On The State Of The STATE by KnowAll(m): 5:18pm On Jan 22, 2012
the state of the nation is comatose at the moment, even the ROchas, Fashola and Amechi that we are use to hear good news from have somehow being relegated to the background, probably because the rate those bomb are going off all over the place is beyond comprehension.
Re: An Assessment On The State Of The STATE by NegroNtns(m): 5:43pm On Jan 22, 2012
the state of the nation is comatose at the moment, even the ROchas, Fashola and Amechi that we are use to hear good news from have somehow being relegated to the background, probably because the rate those bomb are going off all over the place is beyond comprehension.

many people have responded and said they believe 2 - the boko arm of govt - will end up installing itself as the de facto ruler, pushing Gej to irrelevance and then allying itself with 3 - the money laundry arm of govt - to perpetrate more fraud and deepen corruption, or. . . . .to help finance a dissolution of the country.

Someone, I was paying attention to worm and forgot who it was, cheesy . . .said the community police is getting blown to shreds by boko and the top heirarchy from where their command is issued is sleeping with boko. mehn. . what a great observation! As it is in police command, so it is in army command!

Not to tribalize this issue, but I seriously believe that neither the police nor the army can win this war against boko for Gej. He needs a different strategy and here is my contribution to that effect.

As CiC, he is not just the voice of command for men and women in uniform, but also has command over all those who have worn the uniform in the past and are currently drawing pension or some retirement stipend from the FG. Gej need to solicit help from past military leaders. He should pick top 5 uniformed officers in retirement from each interest group and bring them for brainstorrming session with current serving military top heirarchy. He is lucky some of them have sat in the position he currently occupy. Give them charge to come up with short term, mid term and long term solution proposals to tackle and resolve the problem. He can use their proposals to then effect an execution plan on the ground, strategically and tactically.
Re: An Assessment On The State Of The STATE by Nobody: 5:55pm On Jan 22, 2012
Negro_Ntns:

many people have responded and said they believe 2 - the boko arm of govt - will end up installing itself as the de facto ruler, pushing Gej to irrelevance and then allying itself with 3 - the money laundry arm of govt - to perpetrate more fraud and deepen corruption, or. . . . .to help finance a dissolution of the country.

Someone, I was paying attention to worm and forgot who it was, cheesy . . .said the community police is getting blown to shreds by boko and the top heirarchy from where their command is issued is sleeping with boko. mehn. . what a great observation! As it is in police command, so it is in army command!

Not to tribalize this issue, but I seriously believe that neither the police nor the army can win this war against boko for Gej. He needs a different strategy and here is my contribution to that effect.

As CiC, he is not just the voice of command for men and women in uniform, but also has command over all those who have worn the uniform in the past and are currently drawing pension or some retirement stipend from the FG. Gej need to solicit help from past military leaders. He should pick top 5 uniformed officers in retirement from each interest group and bring them for brainstorrming session with current serving military top heirarchy. He is lucky some of them have sat in the position he currently occupy. Give them charge to come up with short term, mid term and long term solution proposals to tackle and resolve the problem. He can use their proposals to then effect an execution plan on the ground, strategically and tactically.

Most of the guys u are referring to served a heavily tribalistic armed forces - I doubt if this will solve the problem
Re: An Assessment On The State Of The STATE by Iolo(m): 11:23pm On Jan 22, 2012
Truth is GEJ knows the BH sponsors. I believe the SSS is prolly the best security agency we have and as a staff there has told me in the past, the problem is usually not with finding out who's behind criminal acts, but what next to do after finding out. Simply put, the SSS may not have concrete evidence but they have people who are suspects and are currently under survellance. These people are the Govs, ex-govs and ministers of the society. The highly placed individuals and traditional rulers.

The problem GEJ is currently facing is purely a political one. He doesn't have the political might to act as needed. Either due to fear of destabilizing the polity, or not being 100% sure that those around him are fully behind him.

This is where GEJ needs his own cabal. Made up of trusted army, SSS and political minds to help him trash him out. Jonathan is currently running a "paddy paddy I'm smiling with everybody" style of government and it doesn't have to be so.

Issues of terrorism are national security issues and GEJs present stance on rule of law, seperation of powers is bullocks as far as BH and the present Nigeria are concerned. GEJ won't remove the IGP until the Minister of Police Affairs and the Police Service Commission recommend or support such actions. This is GEJs line of thinking according to what I've seen so far.

What he fails to understand is that you can't continue to play with snakes and expect not to get bitten.
Re: An Assessment On The State Of The STATE by Iolo(m): 11:43pm On Jan 22, 2012
I also think GEJS stance on a corruption free environment, and his general line of thinking as the CiC to refrain from interfering with the other arms of govt is a problem.

If he knows he can't assasinate the bad elements (2. And 3) as indicated by the OP, why can't he come up with some sort of legislation to give the EFCC powers to seize assets without going to court. Assets of present and past political office holders I mean. This way these guys would be divided. They'd concentrate on retrieving their assets through the courts, and it would be given bak to dem if its proven such seized assets were acquired through legimate means. This is one way to fight back @ 2 and 3 without too much gra gra.

GEJ remains scared and I'm afraid he's too friendly to rule this nation correctly.

I'm still trying to wrap my heads around who gains from the BH menace actually. Could it be that the North wants the Army to take over? Or they just want a state of anachy for the Southern President?

Could it be Southern elements blackmailing the North by bombin them to turn the hearts and minds of the average Nigerian citizen away from the North, thereby alienating them politically and socially?

Or could it be an alliance backed by foreigners to see the country divided? There's a lot of possible scenarios to come up with about this BH boys. What I do know is that the North has liTtle to gain from it. They are setting themselves backwards by many years by scaring away foreign investment from the south and actual foreigners as well as giving themselves a bad name in the eyes of the world.

As it is nobody from the North will win the next 2015 elections. This is further what makes it tricky. If they know that bombings in the North and killing southerners will end up turning the hearts of Nigerians against them, why do it in the first place?

My thoughts are that the way things stand as of now, a southerner will likely win the next elections unless -

1. A northerner wins the PDP primaries
2. The ACN and CPC come together and elect a Northerner candidate

If a southerner wins, then there'd be a huge problem. For the first time, the North would be relegated to the background and they won't be happy about this. Hence we can expect more bombings and killing of southerners.

If a Northerner wins, we'd have peace and tranquility in Nigeria, except maybe in the SS where the militants will want to reciprocate by occupying their resources.

My best scenario would be that someone from the ACN and/or CPC should win the next elections. This will automatically relegate most of the elements in 2 and 3. It will also ensure that fresh faces come to the forefront of running the aFfairs of the country as we know it.

Lastly, I have always said and continue to say that Nigeria can't practice a full-fledge democracy. We aren't ready for it because we aren't even a federation in the true sense of the word. So the beginning GEJ begins to bully people here and there to get things moving, the better for him. Let him bribe who his has to bribe to get the right laws passed, assasinate or send on forced exile whoever he has to. This is how to run the country for now.

Typed all this on my phone so sorry for the typos.
Re: An Assessment On The State Of The STATE by Iolo(m): 11:57pm On Jan 22, 2012
Let me also add that there's a psychological war also going on.

Kudos to the Police, Army and SSS cause I believe the bombings were done to cripple/reduce the number of arrests and general progress the security forces have been making in their investigations. This is why BH shared flyers in Kano so as to get more sympatizers which in turn would lead to more foot soldiers and more funding.

What is the government doing about things from a psychological angle? Nothing that I know of.

One thing GEJ can do is to come out, write all traditional rulers, past Northern rulers and policymakers from that side to within 30 days issue a press statement denouncing Boko Haram. Let us have the Northern Governors Forum, Traditional Rulers, Arewa etc issue joint statements and even live conferences denouncing Boko Haram.

Let them run adverts on all NTA stations in the North speaking against BH. Get the most respected islamic scholars to speak against Boko Haram.

This thing is very simple. Kings in the medieval ages used this to much success. Once you begin to weigh on traitors to denounce their activites you begin to notice cracks and from there you'd fish out the bad elements.

I also think the SSS should also step up wire taps on political office holders, traditional rulers and basically everyone with "levels".

I think with my suggestion, much of the North would rally against BH and they would any form of popularity/appeal/sympathy they presently have to the almajiris and fundamental northern islamists.
Re: An Assessment On The State Of The STATE by Beaf: 12:01am On Jan 23, 2012
The subsidy faction was never really separate from the boko haram faction, and the sudden removal of the subsidy helped to show who was where in very glaring light; the tanks in Lagos seem to be playing several tactical roles.
GEJ has been able to form his own solid power block, although it took him longer because the elite of two ethnic majority groups have sided with the boko haram faction.

Nigeria's biggest problem is ethnic bigotry. The future portends a breakup if the boko haram faction persists, because even a toddler knows that the battle is all about control of Nigeria's oil resources by wicked people who do not care for the average person and see the ND person, in the bowels of whose Earth the oil sits, as an impediment.

I am afraid we are seeing a situation where each region will have to source for income outside oil and for territory outside the Niger Delta and South East. There will not be a united army to fight a civil war against these two sections of the country; indeed, we will likely see a splintering into core-North, South West and the rest.

The only reason Nigeria would remain together is if predominantly, the US wants the core-North to remain in the country for two reasons; to be subjugated as a bulwark against radical extremists threatening the lifting of oil and to stop Nigeria's massive population from distabilising new US oil interests in Ghana and the bight of Guinea. The interests of America do not bode well for none SE/SS and Middle Belt regions.
Re: An Assessment On The State Of The STATE by emmatok(m): 12:28am On Jan 23, 2012
Beaf:

The subsidy faction was never really separate from the boko haram faction, and the sudden removal of the subsidy helped to show who was where in very glaring light; the tanks in Lagos seem to be playing several tactical roles.
GEJ has been able to form his own solid power block, although it took him longer because the elite of two ethnic majority groups have sided with the boko haram faction.

Nigeria's biggest problem is ethnic bigotry. The future portends a breakup if the boko haram faction persists, because even a toddler knows that the battle is all about control of Nigeria's oil resources by wicked people who do not care for the average person and see the ND person, in the bowels of whose Earth the oil sits, as an impediment.

I am afraid we are seeing a situation where each region will have to source for income outside oil and for territory outside the Niger Delta and South East. There will not be a united army to fight a civil war against these two sections of the country; indeed, we will likely see a splintering into core-North, South West and the rest.

The only reason Nigeria would remain together is if predominantly, the US wants the core-North to remain in the country for two reasons; to be subjugated as a bulwark against radical extremists threatening the lifting of oil and to stop Nigeria's massive population from distabilising new US oil interests in Ghana and the bight of Guinea. The interests of America do not bode well for none SE/SS and Middle Belt regions.

Guy, stop drinking KAIKAI at night.

Are you now claiming the SW is part of BK sponsors with the North.

You also forgot the SW has over 30 billion barrel of Oil.
Re: An Assessment On The State Of The STATE by Beaf: 1:18am On Jan 23, 2012
emmatok:

Guy, stop drinking KAIKAI at night.

Are you now claiming the SW is part of BK sponsors with the North.

You also forgot the SW has over 30 billion barrel of Oil.

Covert use of boko haram to further political interests is equivalent to supporting boko haram, because you end up doing the civilian aspect of the job for them.
People like you will always let ethnic bigotry rattle your thinking. Firstly, I was careful enough to say "the elite of two ethnic majority groups have sided with the boko haram," not that entire ethnic groups are sponsors of boko haram as you have tried to twist it. Bigots like you are off no use to either your own people or to Nigeria.

I have made a very clear statement as to what perceptions are concerning boko haram. Please take it home with you and pull back from the brink.
Re: An Assessment On The State Of The STATE by NegroNtns(m): 3:06am On Jan 23, 2012
One thing GEJ can do is to come out, write all traditional rulers, past Northern rulers and policymakers from that side to within 30 days issue a press statement denouncing Boko Haram. Let us have the Northern Governors Forum, Traditional Rulers, Arewa etc issue joint statements and even live conferences denouncing Boko Haram.

Good perspective on many of the things you said. On the above, that will never happen! I say this because you cannot treat these issues in isolation of the other. . . .they are all a dynamics!

Consider for instance Gej's response and tolerance for the October 1st bombing. He defended, instead of dismissing MEND, after they claimed ownership of the carnage. Then also consider that Zakari Biu, the man accused of ennabling Kabiru Sokoto's escape, lost his son to this carnage funded and executed by MEND. So if MEND enjoys a silent approval from the President, how can you expect the Northern elites to come out and with one voice dismiss and discredit boko?

So Gej, whatever headache he is having over boko, is a co-contributor to the general break down of law and order in the country, not that he sleeps with boko. . . . but the fact that he is in bed with MEND. When he dissociates and condemn MEND, per chance the Northerner can be persuaded to do same with boko.
Re: An Assessment On The State Of The STATE by Beaf: 3:18am On Jan 23, 2012
^
Why you people tell lies is a mystery! When you concoct your wild MEND stories, you effectively forget that GEJ's only house was blown up by MEND in 2007, leaving him to scurry around for a place to bury his dad who died shortly after. Yet, he is in cohorts with MEND?
You should err on the side of caution when making your grandiose claims that are quixotic at best.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/38181_goodluck_house_jpgfc6cbe14dcaaccaffe1aa4eb6be2b672

Yenagoa — ESCALATING militancy in the oil-rich Niger-Delta region yesterday assumed a frightening dimension, when unidentified gunmen bombed and destroyed the country home of vice-president-elect, Goodluck Jonathan in Otuoke, Bayelsa State, killing four policemen.

Similarly, an explosion rocked Barrat Hotel in the state capital Yenagoa, said to be owned by deputy speaker of the state Assembly, Bright Ereware, on Tuesday night, causing pandemonium as people ran for their lives.

http://allafrica.com/stories/200705170287.html
Re: An Assessment On The State Of The STATE by koruji(m): 4:10am On Jan 23, 2012
@Beaf

Your conclusion that Nigeria is heading towards splintering is correct. However, your basis is far from correct.

1. Don't mix subsidy with Boko Haram - they have no relationship.

2. There are no sections of the country supporting Boko Haram - that is you being the bigot and calling others bigots instead. Not even the northerners are in support of Boko Haram. Boko Haram's main aim is to establish an islamic state in northern Nigerian. This has always been its aim right from the beginning, before the 2009 fiasco. All subsequent events merely served as the excuse they needed to press forward with this objective. Under this rubric are all kinds of other sub-groups including those providing support to Boko Haram because of their political grudge against GEJ. This was the perfect excuse needed by BH to get the kind of support from some quarters they could never muster all these years - at this point those political "baboons" are probably adding fuel to the fire of Boko Haram.

3. If Boko Haram ever succeeds in breaking off the north out of Nigeria it will consume its "political" supporters just the same way it has destroyed the people that helped it grow in the beginning - a.k.a those who used the group to win elections. In addition, Boko Harams ambition will not stop within whatever territory it initially acquired. This is why it is imperative that BH not be allowed to acquire a state of its own.

4. GEJ does have his own power block - one that is keeping tight control of Abuja for now, but is powerless everywhere else, including in Bayelsa - the president's own home state. I say for now about his hold on Abuja because the bond that binds them together in Abuja is based on falsehood and self-preservation. That bond will break as soon as things outside Abuja get too hot for the others to bear. This is essentially what happened over the fuel subsidy when the NA got together and pressure GEJ to do something quick. They applied subtle threats in the process. Let's not fool ourselves GEJ is in a very weak position.

5. Lastly, the reason I agree with you that Nigeria will splinter is that ALMOST (NOT ALL) every scenario, including the one you described, lead to that destination. Here are my reasons: a) If someone dares to remove GEJ through a coup, all sections of the country will reject it. Even if they are all forced to go along in public, I predict the emergence of insurgency in all sections of the nation; b) GEJ can be impeached if something really terrible happens; c) We continue this state of affairs until 2015 and power somehow reverts back to the north as it most likely will.

Scenarios (b) & (c) will lead to a final oil war in the Niger Delta that will not end until that section of the country has seceded from the rest of the nation - a.k.a. South Sudan.

There is only one scenario that leads to Nigeria staying together beyond 2015. That is, if GEJ magically finds his footing before the end of this year and has a good 2013 & 2014. Forget 2015, it is shot anyway, but we might be able to survive it under this scenario.

Bottomline: everything rests on what GEJ does or what happens to GEJ.

Beaf:

Re: An Assessment On The State Of The STATE by Beaf: 4:19am On Jan 23, 2012
^
Dude, I never said section of the country are supporting boko haram, rather "elite" from sections of the country are in support of boko haram. Two very different things with clear meanings.
I am wondering why some of you reply to my posts without first reading them. Its annoying.

Those who sponsored the subsidy protests are also covert supporters of boko haram (in fact boko haram actually released a statement in their support).

Anyways, reread my post and take what I said to heart, because that is the perception and it is backed by observation.
Re: An Assessment On The State Of The STATE by dayokanu(m): 4:20am On Jan 23, 2012
Negro_Ntns:

Good perspective on many of the things you said.  On the above, that will never happen!  I say this because you cannot treat these issues in isolation of the other. . . .they are all a dynamics!

Consider for instance Gej's response and tolerance for the October 1st bombing.  He defended, instead of dismissing MEND, after they claimed ownership of the carnage.  Then also consider that Zakari Biu, the man accused of ennabling Kabiru Sokoto's escape, lost his son to this carnage funded and executed by MEND.  So if MEND enjoys a silent approval from the President, how can you expect the Northern elites to come out and with one voice dismiss and discredit boko?

So Gej, whatever headache he is having over boko, is a co-contributor to the general break down of law and order in the country, not that he sleeps with boko. . . . but the fact that he is in bed with MEND.  When he dissociates and condemn MEND, per chance the Northerner can be persuaded to do same with boko.

Well said.

Coming out to exonerate MEND after they claimed responsibility was the turning point.

That was one of the first time(if not the first) when Bombs were used in populated cities.

The way that was handled where it became a political tool where it became Dokpesi IBB and later henry Okah next thing Dokpesi joined Jonathans campaign

What more invitation does Boko haram need to knw this wasnt a responsible govt
Re: An Assessment On The State Of The STATE by koruji(m): 4:34am On Jan 23, 2012
The "elite of two ethnic majority groups" is a very broad term for describing those ethnic groups - it is not a specific group of persons within the ethnic group. For example, would Wole Soyinka be an elite among the Yorubas in your statement? And would he be in support of BH? To describe the elite of an ethnic group to be in support of BH is way too much generalization that is open to interpretation - and that was my interpretation.

Nobody sponsored the subsidy protests beyond GEJ & his advisers who rubbed salt into an already festering wound of the average Nigerian. GEJ cannot and should not use any questions, protests and so on raised against him to accuse others of supporting BH. That is like calling the boogeyman on a child. The main problem is that he is scaring himself more than those he is supposedly targeting.

Your perception is not observation. Whatever ethnic divisions you perceive is GEJ & his supporters own making.

Beaf:

^
Dude, I never said section of the country are supporting boko haram, rather "elite" from sections of the country are in support of boko haram. Two very different things with clear meanings.
I am wondering why some of you reply to my posts without first reading them. Its annoying.

Those who sponsored the subsidy protests are also covert supporters of boko haram (in fact boko haram actually released a statement in their support).

Anyways, reread my post and take what I said to heart, because that is the perception and it is backed by observation.
Re: An Assessment On The State Of The STATE by NegroNtns(m): 5:53am On Jan 23, 2012
Why you people tell lies is a mystery! When you concoct your wild MEND stories, you effectively forget that GEJ's only house was blown up by MEND in 2007, leaving him to scurry around for a place to bury his dad who died shortly after. Yet, he is in cohorts with MEND?
You should err on the side of caution when making your grandiose claims that are quixotic at best

Many of the victims of the recent boko outlash in Kano were Hausas serving in different capacity of community policing and law enforcement. So far about two or three governors in North have been attacked by boko and many more are on alert.

Judging by your response I guess it can be said that boko is not supported by the Northerners, since the same people fall victim to boko terror. If Gej's house was burnt in 2007 then that absolves him of any charge of tacit support for MEND in 2010 and beyond. If Hausa people are loosing lives and their states is being turned to warzone, then we should not demand that they speak up against boko because they are on the receiving end of boko madness. Is that correct? I disagree with your reasoning.
Re: An Assessment On The State Of The STATE by koruji(m): 5:58am On Jan 23, 2012
@Negro_Ntns

Exactly. People who engage in fallacious thinking end up tying themselves up in a nut. It is funny really that people cannot see that most of their difficulties result from the incompetency of those who are in charge and their quick resort to ethnic accusations to excuse their own failures in governance.

That these people are still writing that someone "sponsored" the subsidy protests mean that they still don't understand the level of suffering they imposed on the average Nigerian.

Negro_Ntns:

Many of the victims of the recent boko outlash in Kano were Hausas serving in different capacity of community policing and law enforcement. So far about two or three governors in North have been attacked by boko and many more are on alert.

Judging by your response I guess it can be said that boko is not supported by the Northerners, since the same people fall victim to boko terror. If Gej's house was burnt in 2007 then that absolves him of any charge of tacit support for MEND in 2010 and beyond. If Hausa people are loosing lives and their states is being turned to warzone, then we should not demand that they speak up against boko because they are on the receiving end of boko madness. Is that correct? I disagree with your reasoning.
Re: An Assessment On The State Of The STATE by hercules07: 6:10am On Jan 23, 2012
@Koruji and Negro

You guys should know beaf by now, he is gradually adding SW to BH supporters, he will start with the elites, then insidiously add the yorubas, you know he has his SE goons in Nchara and others to connect the imaginary dots.
Re: An Assessment On The State Of The STATE by NegroNtns(m): 6:27am On Jan 23, 2012
The way that was handled where it became a political tool where it became Dokpesi IBB and later henry Okah next thing Dokpesi joined Jonathans campaign

What more invitation does Boko haram need to knw this wasnt a responsible govt

precisely!  

Gej is sitting on the Presidency as a billboard and not as a stalwart of government.  The message he carries is that Nigeria's glory is in oil and if you take that oil away then Nigeria falls.  So the voices of Ijaws is congregated in his Presidency. . . . they dont care if he is successful or not, their belief is that if we endured the misgivings from a President whose homeland did not produce oil, then how can we be intolerant of one who hails from the oil producing creeks.  Hence they swore by their politics and their bombs to die for him against what they wrongly perceive as enemy action to kick him out.  

The best case scenario for them is one in which Nigeria dissintegrates and thereby freeing them to use oil to solicit international alliance to their side and cause.  Their confidence is motivated in that possible outcome.  Therefore since boko is not a threat to oil, they see no justification in curtailing its influence.  Gej observes a wait and see attitude and he wants rest of Nigeria to do same as typified in his remark of "it will fizzle out"!  However, they are determined to cut off and curtail anyone perceived as threat to the oil interest. . . . hence the deployment of army to Lagos and not to Kano, even though there is no violence or carnage in Lagos.
Re: An Assessment On The State Of The STATE by koruji(m): 6:31am On Jan 23, 2012
Of course we know his antics. The only thing is to confront the fool vigorously. If you play dead with him, he only feels emboldened to keep repeating incredible liies.

To me, he seems to have a condition requiring him to create ethnic divisions. The only problem is that the consequences turn around to bite his master in the behind.

hercules07:

@Koruji and Negro

You guys should know beaf by now, he is gradually adding SW to BH supporters, he will start with the elites, then insidiously add the yorubas, you know he has his SE goons in Nchara and others to connect the imaginary dots.
Re: An Assessment On The State Of The STATE by koruji(m): 6:36am On Jan 23, 2012
A really foolish proposition, if that is GEJ's thinking. Oil does not give a nation development. Even with "potential common enemies" within the Nigerian state they are already slaughtering each other over the oil spoils. What are they going to do to each other when they have control all to themselves?

Negro_Ntns:

precisely!  

Gej is sitting on the Presidency as a billboard and not as a stalwart of government.  The message he carries is that Nigeria's glory is in oil and if you take that oil away then Nigeria falls.  So the voices of Ijaws is congregated in his Presidency. . . . they dont care if he is successful or not, their belief is that if we endured the misgivings from a President whose homeland did not produce oil, then how can we be intolerant of one who hails from the oil producing creeks.  Hence they swore by their politics and their bombs to die for him against what they wrongly perceive as enemy action to kick him out.  

The best case scenario for them is one in which Nigeria dissintegrates and thereby freeing them to use oil to solicit international alliance to their side and cause.  Their confidence is motivated in that possible outcome.  Therefore since boko is not a threat to oil, they see no justification in curtailing its influence.  Gej observes a wait and see attitude and he wants rest of Nigeria to do same as typified in his remark of "it will fizzle out"!  However, they are determined to cut off and curtail anyone perceived as threat to the oil interest. . . . hence the deployment of army to Lagos and not to Kano, even though there is no violence or carnage in Lagos.
Re: An Assessment On The State Of The STATE by NegroNtns(m): 7:00am On Jan 23, 2012
Koruji,

Beaf has become like a prostitute. . . . today he is SS and wants alliance with SE, tomorrow he wants alliance with Middle Belt, next day he is from Mid West and need them to abandon alliance with West. In his back and forth peddling of himself, the Mid West has ignored him, the Middle Belt has ignored him.

He luckily finds sympathy with SE who are determined to own a coastal territory and are interpreting his invitation as a sign of vulnerability and therefore have renewed energy to lay claim on Rivers State as Igbo land. If you review some posts here in the past two weeks you see evidence of that. The blind leading the blind!
Re: An Assessment On The State Of The STATE by Iolo(m): 7:16am On Jan 23, 2012
Negro_Ntns:

Good perspective on many of the things you said. On the above, that will never happen! I say this because you cannot treat these issues in isolation of the other. . . .they are all a dynamics!

Consider for instance Gej's response and tolerance for the October 1st bombing. He defended, instead of dismissing MEND, after they claimed ownership of the carnage. Then also consider that Zakari Biu, the man accused of ennabling Kabiru Sokoto's escape, lost his son to this carnage funded and executed by MEND. So if MEND enjoys a silent approval from the President, how can you expect the Northern elites to come out and with one voice dismiss and discredit boko?

So Gej, whatever headache he is having over boko, is a co-contributor to the general break down of law and order in the country, not that he sleeps with boko. . . . but the fact that he is in bed with MEND. When he dissociates and condemn MEND, per chance the Northerner can be persuaded to do same with boko.

one thing i have noticed is that gej seems to run a reaction based govt rather than a process based govt. I bet in his head and within his govt he doesn't have fixed template responses to various possible scenariors. And this is his achelles heel. No one can predict his reactions and from his initial handling of MEND by supporting their cause and absolving them of blame on the Oct 1st bombings.

We've had violent groups that have so far restricted themselves to the SS and core North.

Could there be another in the making to see anarchy in the entire country?

GEJ desperately needs to be more aggressive in the coming months.
Re: An Assessment On The State Of The STATE by otondo55: 7:22am On Jan 23, 2012
specimen a

Re: An Assessment On The State Of The STATE by Beaf: 7:33am On Jan 23, 2012
@koruji, negro_nts, hercules01 and other sobbing ninnies.

Beaf this, Beaf that, Beaf this, Beaf that, Beaf this, Beaf that, Beaf this, Beaf that. . . shocked
Why na? Unu no get brain?

I enjoy watching dolts hugging themselves pathetically for encouragement after common sense has been rained on them, but dolts will be dolts.
Its how you know a leather-brained Neanderthal encampment that has been mentally harpooned, intellectually lampooned and logically marooned by by Beafs surgical output. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

I would have added a few tears for you lot, but I have none. See?
I'm like a jet delivering ordinance that cripples stup!dity.
Animal go faint o! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Re: An Assessment On The State Of The STATE by NegroNtns(m): 7:41am On Jan 23, 2012
Beaf,

you are a shame to the analytical discussions on this topic. Is this how you discuss intelligently, by taking the comical way out to save face? Poor you! Stop engaging minds far superior than yours in political analysis if you know you lack the endurance to participate nobly without resorting to immature cartooning of your opponents. You stooupid downcreek fool!
Re: An Assessment On The State Of The STATE by Beaf: 7:51am On Jan 23, 2012
Negro_Ntns:

Beaf,

you are a shame to the analytical discussions on this topic.  Is this how you discuss intelligently, by taking the comical way out to save face?   Poor you!  Stop engaging minds far superior than yours in political analysis if you know you lack the endurance to participate nobly without resorting to immature cartooning of your opponents.  You stooupid downcreek fool!

Fool, what intellectual thing have you ever said in your life, when you are even yet to fully evolve?
Abeg, report me to koruji of hercules jare! Your fellow cretins just might hug you and encourage you further down the line of unabashed stup!dy.
You are a joke.

Mummy, Beaf! Beaf beat me and took my tom tom!

Pathetic.
Re: An Assessment On The State Of The STATE by NegroNtns(m): 8:14am On Jan 23, 2012
You have no endurance for political bullying. . . .thats why you resort to dramatic show of emotions to hide your vulnerability. posting emoticons and shyyt. . . .what has the straffing aircraft got to do with what is being discussed here?

Is that your way of saying you will eliminate your enemy? Well, say it in words. . . . like everyone else, instead of bringing in toys where matured minds are discussing issues beyond comprehension and level of understanding. Are we supposed to fear your toy now. . . is that what you intended? Oh look, beaf got a bomber toy dont offend him. . . cheesy cheesy

downcreek mot'afvker! cheesy hahaha. . . . take your toy to go scare boko haram.
Re: An Assessment On The State Of The STATE by Beaf: 8:27am On Jan 23, 2012
Negro_Ntns:

You have no endurance for political bullying. . . .thats why you resort to dramatic show of emotions to hide your vulnerability.  posting emoticons and shyyt. . . .what has the straffing aircraft got to do with what is being discussed here?

Is that your way of saying you will eliminate your enemy?  Well, say it in words. . . . like everyone else, instead of bringing in toys where matured minds are discussing issues beyond comprehension and level of understanding.  Are we supposed to fear your toy now. . . is that what you intended?  Oh look, beaf got a bomber toy dont offend him. . .  cheesy cheesy

downcreek mot'afvker!  cheesy hahaha. . . .  take your toy to go scare boko haram.

Political bullying? LOLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!
Who are bullies, but mere cowards?

People like me call it the whining of the intellectually defeated and the wailling of the logically disembowelled. But Neanderthals are best known for ingesting their own shiit and when pointed out, running to mummy for sympathetic hugs.

Its painful to be stup!d, but that pain becomes a migraine when the learned among us begin to school you slow phucks and the other rocks, stones and weeds that infest NL like a fungal infection. Your schooling is a job that requires patience, but I am up to the task to teach, teach, teach.

Now, run along and report to koruji and hercules so they can give you supporting hugs.
Pitiable shiit.

Mummy, mu, mumm, mummy, it is Beaf again o! He is takes my wife into. . . into!. . .
I want to report to koruji.
grin grin grin
Please call awa pipul o! grin grin grin grin

Re: An Assessment On The State Of The STATE by Bawss1(m): 8:34am On Jan 23, 2012
Now you guys had to ruin a good thread with all this childishness. Can we return back the intellectual discussion that was taking place earlier please?!
Re: An Assessment On The State Of The STATE by NegroNtns(m): 8:39am On Jan 23, 2012
Stupid fvcker like yaself want to teach.  Teach who and what?  lmao!!  

Dude. . . .I wasnt raised in the creek, my people learn in words and not in toys and cartoons and caricatures.  When you learn to speak in wirds . . . .matured adult words, then come back and exprewss yourself, tell what you can teach to somebody more savvy than you are in national politics.   Right now your reta rded caricatures and toys display are not making sense.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

SHOCKED! See Who Is Standing Next To President Jonathan (photos) / Top 25 Minority Ethnic Groups In Nigeria Based On Number Of Lgas They Occupy. / Monica Ugwuanyi Campaigns Against Gender-Based Violence In Enugu State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 161
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.