Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,296 members, 7,811,887 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:18 PM

Almost 24 Hours And Not A Single Statement From The Fg - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Almost 24 Hours And Not A Single Statement From The Fg (8786 Views)

Statement From PDP Governorship Candidate Who Allegedly Removed Transformer / Jonathan Procured A Judgement To Disqualify Buhari - Press Statement From APC / Nationwide Blackout? 24 Hours And Counting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Almost 24 Hours And Not A Single Statement From The Fg by Kobojunkie: 4:37pm On Jan 21, 2012
Aigbofa:

The first responsibility of any government is the protect the people against all threats, whether foreign or domestic. Yes, the government is supposed to AUTOMATICALLY respond to anything that will threaten the lives and security of Nigerians.

That is on paper, same with the responsibility of making decisions that do not chaos to the people, but guess what? This same government caused the subsidy removal catastrophe of January 1st and how did the people respond? By Protesting to let the government know they are not happy with that at all. So, why are you here telling us that Nigerians care when there has been near no signs to show they do?
Re: Almost 24 Hours And Not A Single Statement From The Fg by ifeci: 4:37pm On Jan 21, 2012
una suppose know say our president no get a sense of his own. he has to wait for his 40 advisers to come up with something while the special advisers proof read it, then he can now recite it on NTA. these things take time pls bear with him.
Re: Almost 24 Hours And Not A Single Statement From The Fg by Kobojunkie: 4:39pm On Jan 21, 2012
The long and short of this is that the Nigerian Government does what it does because the Nigerian people allow it and have no problem with much of it.
Re: Almost 24 Hours And Not A Single Statement From The Fg by Nobody: 4:39pm On Jan 21, 2012
Olodostein:

I am sorry to say but you are wrong in your assertion. This is why Thomas Jefferson said;

"God forbid we should ever be twenty years without such a rebellion. The people cannot be all, and always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented, in proportion to the importance of the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions, it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to the public liberty. , And what country can preserve its liberties, if its rulers are not warned from time to time, that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as to the facts, pardon and pacify them. What signify a few lives lost in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is its natural manure."

Shalom cool,

It will be wrong to say Nigerians are lethargic, all you have to do is go through events since the return to democratic rule. From Obasanjo's third term to GEJ's emergence as president and even the recent subsidy protests. But, when you have to prod an administration to act on a serious national security issue like Boko Haram, then the problem is no longer the people but the government itself.
Re: Almost 24 Hours And Not A Single Statement From The Fg by kizito96(m): 4:42pm On Jan 21, 2012
The Government is part of the problem. They arrest these guys and release them on bail, they still go back to kill innocent people. why not kill them as soon as they are captured, that means reduction in their numbers until they are wiped out. We will continue to experience this
Re: Almost 24 Hours And Not A Single Statement From The Fg by dsurrogat: 4:43pm On Jan 21, 2012
GEJ called me on phone him say "norring dey happen say the kano bambings all is a rumour"
Re: Almost 24 Hours And Not A Single Statement From The Fg by mee2mee: 4:48pm On Jan 21, 2012
Jonathan said he was ready to face those protesting fuel subsidy with mega phone as they enemies of govt.As 4 boko haram he is not ready to fight coz dem get bomb, don't forget indepence day parade was cancelled coz of fear of boko haram and he said we have to live with it.
Re: Almost 24 Hours And Not A Single Statement From The Fg by Acidosis(m): 4:50pm On Jan 21, 2012
must you hear from the federal governmen? ? ? is their no governor in kano state? ? why must he always jump to the camera for every single attack? besides he sent his condolence to the chairman of channels tv shortly after the ugly incidence.
Re: Almost 24 Hours And Not A Single Statement From The Fg by studyineu: 4:55pm On Jan 21, 2012
Speeches has finish in the lips of government and his writers. What new language do you wish to you huh?. Like The FG sympathise with people that loss their loved ones in the bomb blast in Kano.
Re: Almost 24 Hours And Not A Single Statement From The Fg by Nobody: 4:56pm On Jan 21, 2012
Acidosis:

must you hear from the federal governmen? ? ? is their no governor in kano state? ? why must he always jump to the camera for every single attack? besides he sent his condolence to the chairman of channels tv shortly after the ugly incidence.

Police stations and immigration offices were attacked and officers were killed. Is it that responsibllity of a state government? What exactly is occupying his time that he cannot jump in the front of a camera at times like these to re-assure Nigerians, or is he too busy eating his N3 million naira meal a day?
Re: Almost 24 Hours And Not A Single Statement From The Fg by Nobody: 4:57pm On Jan 21, 2012
Aigbofa:

It will be wrong to say Nigerians are lethargic, all you have to do is go through events since the return to democratic rule. From Obasanjo's third term to GEJ's emergence as president and even the recent subsidy protests. But, when you have to prod an administration to act on a serious national security issue like Boko Haram, then the problem is no longer the people but the government itself.

I am sorry Nigerians are lethargic and individualism has eaten deep into our psyche. We only react when we are affected personally as in the case of subsidy protest. Collectivism is basically out of the question when it comes to an average Nigerian. I happened to have spent time with people of different nationalities and know what I am talking about. During the Egyptian revolution, I experienced first hand in person, what it means to fight for a common cause. Try it here and you could be sidelined. This is why i have lost faith in the Nigerian project. cool

I don't need to go further into detailing how fundamentally FLAWED the system is. Even Niger is far capable than Nigeria. Just look at your police force; full of old men. Do you see young fit guys joining their ranks? Have you asked your self why? I don't wish to go further than that.

Shalom cool.
Re: Almost 24 Hours And Not A Single Statement From The Fg by manchy7531: 4:57pm On Jan 21, 2012
all of you southerns that are condemning GEJ are all idiots.i pity you guys.what do you expect the GEJ to do knowing too well that most of those being boko haram are in his government(northern politians,emirs and traditional leaders) and they will always frustrate any effort to bring justice to them.example is the recent escape of kabiru sokoto, for me GEJ has done his best and if the northerners feel killing themselves is the best for them well i will say Gud morning to them.(my condolence to the innocent ones that lost their lives).as for bakare, remember his comment during election campaign" if PDP rigs election,there will be wild wild north" and that is what we are seeing today.They know themselves, let them not just come down south cos they will all burn in hell.don't get me wrong am not in support of GEJ neither am i a PDP supporter but Nigeria will never grow with bokoharam and northern Nigeria.they must be dealt with first.as for southwest i guess you guys are confused.you don't know where to go.wheather with a southern solidarity or continue to serve your bokoharam allies that will soon roast and islamise you guys.idiots
Re: Almost 24 Hours And Not A Single Statement From The Fg by Exponental(m): 4:58pm On Jan 21, 2012
I dont think anyone of us is ready to hear him say ds on air:

fellow nigerians, its indeed saddening to know dat after d end of d festive season, some pple still throw fire works in kano. Though, lives n properties where affected but WE ARE ONTOP OF THE SITUATION. I hence forth ban d use of fire works in d country.
To my kano brodas n sistas, PLS BEAR IT, take it as FATE, all will soon be over!
Thank you.
Re: Almost 24 Hours And Not A Single Statement From The Fg by Nobody: 5:01pm On Jan 21, 2012
Read this my friends from OLODO.

May the soul of the innocent Rest in Peace.

The first city in west Africa, most modern and commercial center of Northern Nigeria has finally been penetrated. We will see how things unfold in the days and weeks ahead. Meanwhile, we are observing a 24hr curfew in Kano now. Soldiers patrolling the streets and ordinary people around the affected areas are beginning to count their loses.

Under peace time, it should be noted that the police are not feared in the North because they are considered very corrupt and incompetent. This is why you see BH has been successful in their attacks. The only people that can bring BH to book is the army or moderate Muslims. If both remedies fail, then you will have to accept an Islamic North ruled by Islamists. If that happens, then the inevitable splitting of Nigeria and putting up borders to stop these barbarians from bringing their carnage down South.

These attacks were carried out on police stations situated within the most affluent areas of Kano. The main goal of BH is to create panic and render the security apparatus useless, thereby spreading their campaign. Probably against Southerners in the states in the days and weeks ahead. We will see how things unfolds. If you have any relative or know of anyone who reside in these states, they should start preparing to vacate to safe places. Because the REAL battle is about to start.

Boko Haram is also fighting against the Northern Elites and they are likely to win sympathy from the lower strata of Northern Muslims because of sheer ignorance and the fact that the Northern elites have failed their people in educating them. The other front of the battle would be between MODERATE Muslims and RADICAL Muslims AKA BH and its sympathizers. We don't know who will win this, but BH seem to have upper hand because they know how to use their propaganda tool well and are seen as not corrupt by the uneducated and ignorant set of Northern Nigeria who see religion, in this case Islam, as their only HOPE. Another thing that would factor into this is the issue of Subsidy removal. The lower and middle class were ARDENTLY against it and it could win BH some SYMPATHY. If you could recall, BH was practically silent during the Strike as thousands demonstrated against it in the North. The subsidy removal made economic sense in the long run but was BAD TIMING and that is where President Jonathan made a FATAL mistake. Instead of focusing on Security first, he misplaced his priorities. Can you develop an unstable country? Somalia comes to mind on this.

We will keep monitoring the situation. But prepare yourself psychologically for this country is becoming highly unpredictable. 

We will see who will be the Last Man standing in the most important Northern state. Then we will know what is Next for the Nigeria Project.

Thank you and may the lord be with you and bless the Federal Republic of "Nigeria".

Shalom cool.
Re: Almost 24 Hours And Not A Single Statement From The Fg by Nobody: 5:01pm On Jan 21, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Look, remind Boko Haram that they people HATE what they are doing and so they do not fight on behalf of the people, muslims or even Nigerians in general. Protest the Government's handling of the problem and remind the Government that it's failures of the past 2 years is unacceptable.

Expecting Boko Haram or Government to AUTOMAGICALLY read the minds of the people on this is what has allowed this drag on for years. Do you know how many lives have been lost to the senselessness in all that time? If you had been directly affected, I bet you would see this a lot differently but like I said, we generally don't care and that is why people are cold on this still.

Does Boko Haram sound like they are logical people? Are their demands logical at all? Do you think protesting against them will in any way affect them. These are a bunch of low lives with nothing to live for, being brainwashed by some moneybags (for whatever reason) to commit these crimes. I am sure most members of Boko Haram cant understand a word in English.

We care and that is why we are all contributing to this thread. The sad truth is that we have an irresponsible government and their handling of Boko Haram is just as irresponsible as they handle every other crisis whether fuel or anything else. It is government's responsibility to protect lives and they should not be reminded. I can bet you GEJ knows the people behind Boko Haram (at least he has said so openly)
Re: Almost 24 Hours And Not A Single Statement From The Fg by kokoA(m): 5:01pm On Jan 21, 2012
He has told us to live with it, there is nothing he can do. What do you guys expect him to say again? undecided
Re: Almost 24 Hours And Not A Single Statement From The Fg by rabzy01: 5:05pm On Jan 21, 2012
Acidosis:

Was there no Minister in charge of FCT when this mor0n comdemed the Oct 1 bombing? Was there no Governor in Niger state when made statement and visited Madala after the xmas day bombing? At most 50 were reported killed in madala while 170 reported killed in Kano and stil counting yet no statement or condolance from the wicked.
Re: Almost 24 Hours And Not A Single Statement From The Fg by Nobody: 5:06pm On Jan 21, 2012
Kobo, not sure of what you are saying, but all the protests I've seen have mentioned boko haram in addition to the fuel subsidy removal, education, minimum wage, poor infrastructure, and corruption. People are protesting everything at this point.
Re: Almost 24 Hours And Not A Single Statement From The Fg by Nobody: 5:08pm On Jan 21, 2012
[/quote][quote author=Olodostein link=topic=851481.msg10015875#msg10015875 date=1327161444]
I am sorry Nigerians are lethargic and individualism has eaten deep into our psyche. We only react when we are affected personally as in the case of subsidy protest. Collectivism is basically out of the question when it comes to an average Nigerian. I happened to have spent time with people of different nationalities and know what I am talking about. During the Egyptian revolution, I experienced first hand in person, what it means to fight for a common cause. Try it here and you could be sidelined. This is why i have lost faith in the Nigerian project. cool

I don't need to go further into detailing how fundamentally FLAWED the system is. Even Niger is far capable than Nigeria. Just look at your police force; full of old men. Do you see young fit guys joining their ranks? Have you asked your self why? I don't wish to go further than that.

Shalom cool.

I agree with you and your points are valid. However, what are we protesting against? Boko Haram killings or a failed government. If you are protesting against Boko Haram killings then it is a waste of time. The government has shown it is not ready to confront the issue and some government officials are probably sponsors too. If we want to protest against government, let us protest against a failed government and try to force a change. Becasue how many issues will we protest against? Boko Haram, Fuel Subsidy, Electricity, Water, Education, Roads. Nothing is working in Nigeria anymore!
Re: Almost 24 Hours And Not A Single Statement From The Fg by Nobody: 5:14pm On Jan 21, 2012
Jonatrash should go!!!!!!!!!! angry angry angry sad
Re: Almost 24 Hours And Not A Single Statement From The Fg by Kobojunkie: 5:18pm On Jan 21, 2012
Nashville:

Does Boko Haram sound like they are logical people? Are their demands logical at all? Do you think protesting against them will in any way affect them. These are a bunch of low lives with nothing to live for, being brainwashed by some moneybags (for whatever reason) to commit these crimes. I am sure most members of Boko Haram cant understand a word in English.
Logic, their grasp of the English language, and much of what you have there has nothing to do with anything.

The group is trying to IMPOSE it's ideals on the Nigerian people. Whether you think them logical or not, one thing remains, and that is Nigerians have yet to make it known that they are against what Boko Haram is offering them, or trying to IMPOSE on em.

Nashville:

We care and that is why we are all contributing to this thread. The sad truth is that we have an irresponsible government and their handling of Boko Haram is just as irresponsible as they handle every other crisis whether fuel or anything else. It is government's responsibility to protect lives and they should not be reminded. I can bet you GEJ knows the people behind Boko Haram (at least he has said so openly)

Nothing in the definition of our drmocracy says that all Nigerians should do when they care about an issue and have a complaint is log on to some anonymous website online and type their complaints. No, you actually have to contact your representatives and make sure your complaint is at least logged or you protest with others who care as much as you do, so you get more notice or maybe more people to realize the problem even exists as a problem to some. And maybe your Government finally gets the clue that the people are DISCONTENT.

So far, what hear more from the people who think Government is trying , Government should be given some time to fix things, or Government needs to do better . . .
Re: Almost 24 Hours And Not A Single Statement From The Fg by dasparrow: 5:19pm On Jan 21, 2012
@OP
I am not suprised.
Re: Almost 24 Hours And Not A Single Statement From The Fg by Nobody: 5:20pm On Jan 21, 2012
Vultures and animal in human skin waiting to hear the president speak for them to feed on,unfortunately no comment from GEJ and they are feeding on their own stu-pidity of insulting their Father thinking it is GEJ
Re: Almost 24 Hours And Not A Single Statement From The Fg by Nobody: 5:28pm On Jan 21, 2012
Nashville:

I agree with you and your points are valid. However, what are we protesting against? Boko Haram killings or a failed government. If you are protesting against Boko Haram killings then it is a waste of time. The government has shown it is not ready to confront the issue and some government officials are probably sponsors too. If we want to protest against government, let us protest against a failed government and try to force a change. Becasue how many issues will we protest against? Boko Haram, Fuel Subsidy, Electricity, Water, Education, Roads. Nothing is working in Nigeria anymore!

You are very right. The Government is the problem. The incompetence of the Government over the years is what has led to this menace. The first task of a government is to protect its citizen and to safe guard the sovereignty of the nation. FG has failed wholly and here comes ANARCHY in the MAKING. This shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone. If you are conversant with sociology,social and political philosophy and knew how to use its research methodologies; you would be able to predict what is happening in Nigeria today, 15 years ago.

This is why we are classified as a virtual failed state. The foreign governments who do these analysis have specialists on Nigerian affairs. But in Nigeria, we consider these important subjects that is paramount to be a waste of time.

Comically,the last protest was hijacked by opportunists to push their own Agendas cheesy.

We definitely need FUNDAMENTAL changes in this country and we need it FAST.

But the question is; who will CHANGE it?  Is the average Nigerian ready for a mass protest from North to South from East to West. Does the average Nigerian have the Passion and selflessness to withstand the Nigerian establishment?  

If there were to be protest; would it be consistent for days and perhaps, months? Who will feed the protesters? Who will donate the money? I have to let you know that the protesters you saw during the Egyptian revolution were being fed by their compatriots and people who contributed money for the cause to uplift the common man in their society AKA the Muslim brotherhood, in their own case. That is one of the reasons you see them winning every elections there cool.

In our own case, who will it be? Tunde Bakare; No?  T.B Joshua and one respected independent and moderate Muslim cleric? Time will tell.
Re: Almost 24 Hours And Not A Single Statement From The Fg by Nobody: 5:28pm On Jan 21, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Logic, their grasp of the English language, and much of what you have there has nothing to do with anything.

The group is trying to IMPOSE it's ideals on the Nigerian people. Whether you think them logical or not, one thing remains, and that is Nigerians have yet to make it known that they are against what Boko Haram is offering them, or trying to IMPOSE on em.

Nothing in the definition of our drmocracy says that all Nigerians should do when they care about an issue and have a complaint is log on to some anonymous website online and type their complaints. No, you actually have to contact your representatives and make sure your complaint is at least logged or you protest with others who care as much as you do, so you get more notice or maybe more people to realize the problem even exists as a problem to some. And maybe your Government finally gets the clue that the people are DISCONTENT.

So far, what hear more from the people who think Government is trying , Government should be given some time to fix things, or Government needs to do better . . .

You are right they are right they are trying to impose their ideals, but what you miss is that Boko Haram is not interested in what you think. They only understand violence and destruction. The only way to wipe them out is through violence and destruction not protests. Unfortunately, I do not have an AK47 (even though I am trained to use one) at the moment so I will not confront them.

To your second point, most leaders have condemned Boko Haram including the ACF (althoug I think they can all do a lot more). But no protests can change these people and it is the government's responsibility to protect lives - not mine. I hear Eastern Governors are arranging to transport Igbo people in the North back home. Not a terrible decision because the central government has shown it will not confront Boko Haram. This is a systematic failure of government we are witnessing here and that is what we need to change - not writing a letter to Boko Haram.
Re: Almost 24 Hours And Not A Single Statement From The Fg by Demdem(m): 5:29pm On Jan 21, 2012
What else do u want the retardeen to say? To come and tell us he is on top of the situation right?
Re: Almost 24 Hours And Not A Single Statement From The Fg by studyineu: 5:32pm On Jan 21, 2012
Since there is no speech coming from the president, I have give my on speech to Nigerians here on behalf of the FG. Here I Go

Fellow Nigerians
Nigeria has been attacked again today this time in the once peaceful state of Kano leaving over 150 innocent Nigerians dead, since we receive news of this attack our heart here in Aso Rock has been heavy and filled with sorrow that we don't have the spirit to give a speech to the Nigerian Masses, even our writers lack words to describe this evil deads. The dreaded Boko Haram sect has claimed responsible for this attacks, I don't need to tell you all how many times this devilish sect has attacked this country or how many lives that has been lost. My heart is broken and my spirit has gone away and am angered by this development and I hereby direct all the security outfit to fish out these Boko Haram elements and their sponsors within 24hrs no matter who he is or all the security chiefs will lose their jobs and so will all the CP's in every northern state. I hereby order the arrest of Inspector General Of Police Mr Hafiz Rigim and handed over to State Security for questioning. I hereby plead with the ones that loss their family members in the bomb blast and I hereby swear to the Nigerian masses that I will not rest or sleep until all this people are apprehended. We have got to take the bull by the horn this time and no one no matter his/her political level will be spared if found guilty. I hereby terminate the law of immunity and order the arrest of Borno State Governor Immediately for questioning. Any security personnel found guilty or has a hand in this Boko Haram menace will be hanged. I hereby declare martial law in all the states in the North and this law remains until we have fished out all the Boko haram members and their sponsors. I hereby direct the State Security service to arrest Mr Buhari for making suspicious statements during the election period that stired up post election violence. I want to assure the Nigerian masses that no stone will be left unturned this time around. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.
I want all Nigerians to know that after the arrest and prosecution of these Boko Haram men and their sponsors the FG will call a Sovereign National Conference and we will discuss the basis of our survival as a country Nigeria or if we should split up and go our separate ways. I hereby declare the punishment for terrorism as Been Burnt alive.
Till my next speech after the arrest of Boko Haram members and their sponsors.

Long Live The President Of Nigeria
Long Live The Nigerian Citizens
Long Live The Federal Republic of Nigeria
Long Live Africa.
Strength and Dedication To Our Armed Forces.

This is what I want to hear from the FG.
Re: Almost 24 Hours And Not A Single Statement From The Fg by manchy7531: 5:32pm On Jan 21, 2012
In Nigeria when subsidy is removed on petroleum, people protest & the whole country shuts down every activity & some patriots even die during the protest, but when hundreds of people are killed by sects using bombs, nobody stages protest, comments vehemently against the act or insults the president, because it didn't happen in their vicinity & none of their relatives are affected or because they are afraid to speak & get bombed too,
Where is that "Occupy Nigeria"?
Where is El-Rufai?
Where is Mr Tunde Bakere?
Where are the Celebrities?
Where are the Opposition Parties?
Where are Nigerians?
Were they all in the blast?
Why is everyone mute now?
Is Kano State not in Nigeria?
Is this not a more serious issue/reason for all Nigerians to wear black rags & truly OCCUPY NIGERIA with peaceful protest against mass killings of innocent ones? How safe are you now where you are? Yes! you reading this status & feeling safe.
Do we have energy & strength only on subsidy removal issues? Everyone is afraid now Abi dem no go occupy Nigeria again?
What a BIG SHAME
My heart is filled with mountain of grief, all toothless bulldogs can't even bark any more 'cos money is not involved for them fight for.
I am really disappointed!
Re: Almost 24 Hours And Not A Single Statement From The Fg by Nobody: 5:35pm On Jan 21, 2012
Olodostein:

You are very right. The Government is the problem. The incompetence of the Government over the years is what has led to this menace. The first task of a government is to protect its citizen and to safe guard the sovereignty of the nation. FG has failed wholly and here comes ANARCHY in the MAKING. This shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone. If you are conversant with sociology,social and political philosophy and knew how to use its research methodologies; you would be able to predict what is happening in Nigeria today, 15 years ago.

This is why we are classified as a virtual failed state. The foreign governments who do these analysis have specialists on Nigerian affairs. But in Nigeria, we consider these important subjects that is paramount to be a waste of time.

Comically,the last protest was hijacked by opportunists to push their own Agendas cheesy.

We definitely need FUNDAMENTAL changes in this country and we need it FAST.

But the question is; who will CHANGE it?  Is the average Nigerian ready for a mass protest from North to South from East to West. Does the average Nigerian have the Passion and selflessness to withstand the Nigerian establishment?  

If there were to be protest; would it be consistent for days and perhaps, months? Who will feed the protesters? Who will donate the money? I have to let you know that the protesters you saw during the Egyptian revolution were being fed by their compatriots and people who contributed money for the cause to uplift the common man in their society AKA the Muslim brotherhood, in their own case. That is one of the reasons you see them winning every elections there cool.

In our own case, who will it be? Tunde Bakare; No?  T.B Joshua and one respected independent and moderate Muslim cleric? Time will tell.

What happened in Egypt was a revolution and not just mere protests. I do not see that happening in Nigeria because of some of the points you raised and also because of tribalism. If we revolt againt GEJ, South South and Igbo people will say it is because we don't want their son to rule.

What we need is a movement. A coalition of activist and leaders like El-Rufai, Shehu Sani, Pat Utomi, Femi Falana etc should come together under one umbrella and form a movement that could translate into something of a "shadow parliament" that exists in the UK but without being a political party. These guys will be the eyes and ears of the people in ensuring that government performs its duties and they would continually educate the people on the failures of government. You may say it is the work of the National Assembly but we all know that they have been compromised too.
Re: Almost 24 Hours And Not A Single Statement From The Fg by Kobojunkie: 5:41pm On Jan 21, 2012
Nashville:

You are right they are right they are trying to impose their ideals, but what you miss is that Boko Haram is not interested in what you think. They only understand violence and destruction. The only was to wipe them out is through violence and destruction not protests. Unfortunately, I do not have an AK47 (even though I am trained to use one) at the moment so I will not confront them.
I am sorry unless you have some document signed by Boko Haram stating they have no interest in what the Nigerian people think of them trying to impose islam on the nation, I sugget you do not try that angle.
Again, it is cheap to claim there is no need to fight when you have not even tried.

Nashville:

To your send point, most leaders have condemned Boko Haram including the ACF (althoug I think they can all do a lot more). But no protests can change these people and it is the government's responsibility to protect lives - not mine. I hear Eastern Governors are arranging to transport Igbo people in the North back home. Not a terrible decision because the central government has shown it will not confront Boko Haram. This is a systematic failure of government we are witnessing here and that is what we need to change - not writing a letter to Boko Haram.
What leaders? Leaders actually recognized by the Nigerian people or leaders who also IMPOSED themselves on the Nigerian people? Which ones? You open any thread here on the Boko Haram discussion and you immediately get the sense that there are those who believe that muslims and northerners actually support Boko Haram? Why is that? Could that be because the people have yet to SPEAK on this ?

Eastern Governors arranging transport for Ibos to head back to Ibo land? That expresses discontent how? By the way, that is a terrible decisions considering many of those states cannot handle a refuggee situation as is. Do you realize how many millions of people we are talking about here? and what that will do to already limited resouces against to these states?

Again, nothing in our democracy, which is afterall Govermment for the people BY THE PEOPLE, states that we can easily hire some people to speak on our behalf and our democracy will be A-OK. No, you actually have to voice your complaint for it to be considered. And protesting not only gets the government noticing you but also helps strengthen your cause, and sends a message to those who you consider the problem.
Re: Almost 24 Hours And Not A Single Statement From The Fg by pingpong1: 5:43pm On Jan 21, 2012
After the 911 attacks, people protested massively on the streets of Chicago. See pictures at www.kobojunkieaskstupidquestions.com
Re: Almost 24 Hours And Not A Single Statement From The Fg by valencia25(m): 5:44pm On Jan 21, 2012
I can't believe i fell sad after reading this post about ignoring Kano citizen Where is #OCCUPYNIGERIA and Co? /p29jRR-4z

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Enugu Shuns MASSOB Sit-at-home Order / Tribunal Affirms Election Of Ovie Omo-Agege / Nigerian Law Students Honour Ugwuanyi With Governor Of The Year Award

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.