Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,332 members, 7,811,971 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:15 AM

Almost 24 Hours And Not A Single Statement From The Fg - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Almost 24 Hours And Not A Single Statement From The Fg (8789 Views)

Statement From PDP Governorship Candidate Who Allegedly Removed Transformer / Jonathan Procured A Judgement To Disqualify Buhari - Press Statement From APC / Nationwide Blackout? 24 Hours And Counting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Almost 24 Hours And Not A Single Statement From The Fg by Nobody: 5:48pm On Jan 21, 2012
Kobojunkie:

I am sorry unless you have some document signed by Boko Haram stating they have no interest in what the Nigerian people think of them trying to impose islam on the nation, I sugget you do not try that angle.
Again, it is cheap to claim there is no need to fight when you have not even tried.

Its obvious we will not agree on this but one thing is for sure. I do not have any signed documents from Boko Haram because I dont know them and I dont think they can sign either.  grin

ping pong:

After the 911 attacks, people protested massively on the streets of Chicago. See pictures at www.kobojunkieaskstupidquestions.com

grin
Re: Almost 24 Hours And Not A Single Statement From The Fg by Kobojunkie: 5:50pm On Jan 21, 2012
Nashville:

Its obvious we will not agree on this but one thing is for sure. I do not have any signed documents from Boko Haram because I dont know them and I dont think they can sign either.  ;
grin

So because you conveniently assume they cannot speak English or read, or sign documents, then there is no reason for Nigerians to care about this group trying to impose islam on the nation? Because you conveniently chose not to even spend time understanding what the group is saying, that makes your side the more logical in this?

You know what I think? I think if you had been in some way directly affected by this Boko Haram scourge, you would not be spewing this stuff. There are people out there right now looking for others to come out and support their match to condemn Boko Haram for the hundreds of lives they have claimed in the last 2 years, but I guess all that would  not interest. So like you said, we will not agree on this.
Re: Almost 24 Hours And Not A Single Statement From The Fg by sultaan(m): 5:56pm On Jan 21, 2012
Who will be the member of government to come out and announce a massive failure?

Why risk all that cheddar.

Commsioner for information and police didn't come out with a brief statement, why would Aso-Rock risk it?

Only God knows under which rock GEJ and his chieftains are hiding, you'll have to find them first to get a statement.

Imagine if this was an attack by an invading army, they would have taken Aso Rock cooked some otili beans before you all find out your new official language is Chinese grin
Re: Almost 24 Hours And Not A Single Statement From The Fg by Nobody: 6:02pm On Jan 21, 2012
Nashville:

What happened in Egypt was a revolution and not just mere protests. I do not see that happening in Nigeria because of some of the points you raised and also because of tribalism. If we revolt againt GEJ, South South and Igbo people will say it is because we don't want their son to rule.

What we need is a movement. A coalition of activist and leaders like El-Rufai, Shehu Sani, Pat Utomi, Femi Falana etc should come together under one umbrella and form a movement that could translate into something of a "shadow parliament" that exists in the UK but without being a political party. These guys will be the eyes and ears of the people in ensuring that government performs its duties and they would continually educate the people on the failures of government. You may say it is the work of the National Assembly but we all know that they have been compromised too.

Yes, you are right, it was a revolution at first hand. But Protest upon protest ensued later and their demands were met incrementally. It must not necessarily be against GEJ, but the Nigerian establishment. They are the ones pulling the strings behind the scene. He has good intentions; but it does not translate to good governance. You need other major ingredients. The Egyptians particularly revolted against their Establishment. They planned it underground for years . Every elightend Egyptian were addicted to Social networking sites and blogs, discussing on issues and how to organise but they didn't know what to do because they were so Afraid of the system. Mubarak operated a police state and a cult of personality within his party. What happened in Tunisia gave Egyptians courage and behold, the pharoah was gone. Before the revolution, even a metro station named Ramses( the pharaoh that held the Israelite's at ransom) was renamed Mubarak by Mubarak himself; that is to show you how he was feared by the Egyptians. I read that his name has been removed from the metro station.

In the case of Nigeria, we need to reach a CONSENSUS, in other to mobilise or form a movement. Yes, the Igbo's are highly critical of any move to go after GEJ. But if a competent leader who meant well for the ordinary Nigerian were to emerge, we could join in. After all, Igbo's are republicans in nature. Do you think they are happy with all the insecurity and bombings. They are just patient and watching with keen interest.

As for the personalities you mentioned; hmmmm, well, they will have to be scrutinized thorougly. In my view, El-Rufai shouldn't be among. He is too self centered and  a typical politician. Moreover, we need YOUNG blood, enlightened men and women that are outsiders and not tainted by the Establishment. In fact, if you would ask me, I would say we should give women a chance cheesy, the likes of Dora Akunyili, that Education and Health ministers would fit it and some other bright Nigerian women. The MEN have all but failed us.

I am just being pragmatic though cool.
Re: Almost 24 Hours And Not A Single Statement From The Fg by beespak7(m): 6:08pm On Jan 21, 2012
CAN YOU IMAGINE NO COMMENTS FROM FEDERAL GOVT AFTER 24HRS  shocked shocked shocked This gej is really sleeping and unserious any good president will come on tv immediatly to adress and pacify the fear, anger, anguish of nigerians.

see obsanjos reaction to the ikeja bomb blast

[flash=400,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnMP45F5YBM[/flash]
Re: Almost 24 Hours And Not A Single Statement From The Fg by ceejay80s(m): 6:10pm On Jan 21, 2012
Bomb blast killings is now part and parcel of us, it a natural phenomenon, its like an essential commodity,@poster, is there a day dat u dont eat or drink? Dats hw bomb blast killings is in naija, govt no care,we too no send, one day nobody go remain to bomb for naija again, wetin dem go do?
Re: Almost 24 Hours And Not A Single Statement From The Fg by ceejay80s(m): 6:20pm On Jan 21, 2012
My advise: LET HAUSA PEOPLE GO! if what they want is to transform naija into an islamic country and we wey be part of naija no gree, let them go and form their own country, we go build borders, simple!!
Re: Almost 24 Hours And Not A Single Statement From The Fg by chuks49(m): 6:24pm On Jan 21, 2012
Nl folks pls leave GEJ alone, the said he is slow. So allow him to take his time, am sure we will hear from him next week. Chikena!!!
Re: Almost 24 Hours And Not A Single Statement From The Fg by ochukoccna: 7:52pm On Jan 21, 2012
''Terrorism 19 hours after the attack!
Let us take it that GEJ is now DEAF & VP Sambo DUMB.
What happened to Prime Minister Ngozi Okonjo Iweala?
The parrot lost her voice?
During the period they inflicted pains on Nigerians by removing oil subsidy, they jumped from one international media to another yet almost 19 hours after a shocking attack on Nigeria's second largest city Kano and twin bomb blast in GEJ'S BAYELSA, it is mum from a clueless President, probably still trying to recover from his friday usual overnight 'shack up' ''
- FEMI FANI-KAYODE.
Re: Almost 24 Hours And Not A Single Statement From The Fg by dammieplus: 8:25pm On Jan 21, 2012
In the past one month or so, there has been bombings almost everyday. Even though yesterdays bombing was on a much larger scale, I do not expect the FG to make televised broadcast everyday, though a press statement will be in order. What I need is ACTION, get some intel or infiltrate the group, identify the head and map out the extent, then TAKE THEM DOWN, by the most effective way. Wetin GEJ wan talk, NoThing aBsoLUtelY !
Re: Almost 24 Hours And Not A Single Statement From The Fg by dammieplus: 8:26pm On Jan 21, 2012
In the past one month or so, there has been bombings almost everyday. Even though yesterdays bombing was on a much larger scale, I do not expect the FG to make televised broadcast everyday, though a press statement will be in order. What I need is ACTION, get some intel or infiltrate the group, identify the head and map out the extent, then TAKE THEM DOWN, by the most effective way. Wetin GEJ wan talk, NoThing aBsoLUtelY !
Re: Almost 24 Hours And Not A Single Statement From The Fg by Starlett: 9:21pm On Jan 21, 2012
There has been a statement now, but I guess we are already getting so used to this, "we want to assure all Nigerians that this is an isolated incident. We are on top of the situation, and we want to assure all Nigerians to go about their lawful business as the security forces are working hard to ensure that the perpertrators of this dastardly act will be fished out and dealt with according to the law, "

Nigeria, Oh Nigeria, !
Re: Almost 24 Hours And Not A Single Statement From The Fg by Kobojunkie: 9:26pm On Jan 21, 2012
See, another statement to pacify the masses, and the worst is that the people will wake up to go about their daily business as instructed without so much as a "Hold on, who does this Government think it is talking to? What about the 100's of Nigerians that have been killed in near similar manner since the beginning of this year alone?"
Re: Almost 24 Hours And Not A Single Statement From The Fg by Cupidkc(m): 11:25pm On Jan 21, 2012
I guess d delay was because he didnt want2 mk a 'mistake', mtcheew.
Remember he said dt hs slow because he dosnt wnt2 mk a mstake. Even afta hs 'slownes': in hs addrs he said dt only 7 persons wer killed, wht a nonsense. Slow-poke indeed.
Re: Almost 24 Hours And Not A Single Statement From The Fg by Kobojunkie: 11:42pm On Jan 21, 2012
He really said that? Only 7 people were killed?? Yes, this is a Government that really understands that the people are displeased.
Re: Almost 24 Hours And Not A Single Statement From The Fg by member479760: 4:12am On Jan 22, 2012
The country is being rule by immigrants don't expect anything good to comes out from them. Those that owns the country need to come out help the clueless immigrants out.
Re: Almost 24 Hours And Not A Single Statement From The Fg by Nobody: 5:51am On Jan 22, 2012
CHAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
SEE HOW ISLAM IS DOING MORE DAMAGE TO THE ALREADY BAD NAME 'NIGERIA' HAD. Its a shame to watch CNN BBC especially when you live abroad or have friends with other nationals.

BBC SAID MORE THAN 150 KILLED, muslims abeg make una talk to una brodas. there is no hate comment here but the simple truth.
Truth is bitter but muslims brothers should do nigerians this favour.
Re: Almost 24 Hours And Not A Single Statement From The Fg by Nobody: 8:07am On Jan 22, 2012
untill GEJ realizes that secret assasination is an integral part of governance in a country like ours, then our problem will still be on the rise, we are here calling for investigation and increased military presence, what will happen if your investigation finds out that borno state gvt is the problem we have or some emir is responsible, wht will you do, try him in a court or warn him to stop what he is doing, assasinations are vital ingredient for governance no matter how much it goes against your morals as a president, that is part of your job description
Re: Almost 24 Hours And Not A Single Statement From The Fg by werepeLeri: 8:24am On Jan 22, 2012
Poster - and your point is? All you want is a statement each time, and the next thing you will write is - 56 days after the attack, GEJ hasnt visited Kano. You are all predictable.
Re: Almost 24 Hours And Not A Single Statement From The Fg by Sike(m): 8:31am On Jan 22, 2012
smh
Re: Almost 24 Hours And Not A Single Statement From The Fg by smarttalks: 12:08pm On Jan 22, 2012
smiley
Re: Almost 24 Hours And Not A Single Statement From The Fg by smarttalks: 12:09pm On Jan 22, 2012
smiley
Re: Almost 24 Hours And Not A Single Statement From The Fg by tuniski: 12:54pm On Jan 22, 2012
Leave GEJ alone, his response will be radical so no rushing. Moreso, the bulk of security on Boko Haram lies with the host communities, these beasts are known to them why wont they expose them. My understanding they are sympathetic to them and after they have wasted lives d cry will now be what is govt doing. BAD PEOPLE!!!!
Re: Almost 24 Hours And Not A Single Statement From The Fg by Kobojunkie: 2:16pm On Jan 22, 2012
tuniski:

Leave GEJ alone, his response will be radical so no rushing. Moreso, the bulk of security on Boko Haram lies with the host communities, these beasts are known to them why wont they expose them. My understanding they are sympathetic to them and after they have wasted lives d cry will now be what is govt doing. BAD PEOPLE!!!!

We pay the Nigerian Public, manned by Goodluck Jonathan, Billions each year to protect the nation. But even after that, the bulk of security still lies with host communities . . . essentially, people still need to handle providing security for themselves? If this one no be slave mentality, I don't know what else qualifies.
Re: Almost 24 Hours And Not A Single Statement From The Fg by Arosa(m): 2:25pm On Jan 22, 2012
Kobojunkie:

We pay the Nigerian Public, manned by Goodluck Jonathan, Billions each year to protect the nation. But even after that, the bulk of security still lies with host communities . . . essentially, people still need to handle providing security for themselves? If this one no be slave mentality, I don't know what else qualifies.

Kobo, you do know that intelligence gathering/informants are very important part of security? What is required from the host communities is to expose and eject this Bokos. And the police will do the rest *hopefully*. undecided
Re: Almost 24 Hours And Not A Single Statement From The Fg by Kobojunkie: 2:29pm On Jan 22, 2012
Arosa:

Kobo, you do know that intelligence gathering/informants are very important part of security? What is required from the host communities is to expose and eject this Bokos. And the police will do the rest *hopefully*.   undecided 

Intelligence gathering has little to do with the people in the host communities. It is the job of the security service to figure out ways to gather this information, even in cases where those in the host communities are reluctant to provide data, especially in situations where they are afraid for their own selves.

You don't tell me that because you think I know the name of the thief on my street and I am unwilling to reveal the person's name, the case against this person is unsolvable. That is rubbish . . the work of the security force is to investigate, stake out the place if necessary, send in undercover forces, etc. to Fish out the culprits. Not come back with excuses, and blame the people--- people who have most of their lives never received help from the same security forces --- to suddenly start trusting the force, especially when the lives of their families are potentially in danger if they do.

So again . . . .

Kobojunkie:

Re: Almost 24 Hours And Not A Single Statement From The Fg by Arosa(m): 2:36pm On Jan 22, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Intelligence gathering has little to do with the people in the host communities. It is the job of the security service to figure out ways to gather this information, even in cases where those in the host communities are reluctant to provide data, especially in situations where they are afraid for their own selves.

So again . . . .

LOL @ the bolded part. In Naija you can't gather enough intelligence without the local informants.

Even in the western world a large part of the citizenry are encouraged to spy on their neighbor for security purposes.
Re: Almost 24 Hours And Not A Single Statement From The Fg by Kobojunkie: 2:43pm On Jan 22, 2012
Arosa:

LOL @ the bolded part. In Naija you can't gather enough intelligence without the local informants.

There is no IN NAIJA  when it comes to intelligence gathering. Intelligence gathering methods were not put together IN NAIJA, or in any particular persons backyard. There are no special cases to this.  So, if you are going to apply that method, you have to apply it as it is defined, not pretend that there ought to be a special version of that method that only applies to your NAIJA.

You mention the west, and here again is my example for you.

Kobojunkie:
You don't tell me that because you think I know the name of the thief on my street and I am unwilling to reveal the person's name, the case against this person is unsolvable. That is rubbish . . the work of the security force is to investigate, stake out the place if necessary, send in undercover forces, etc. to Fish out the culprits. Not come back with excuses, and blame the people--- people who have most of their lives never received help from the same security forces --- to suddenly start trusting the force, especially when the lives of their families are potentially in danger if they do.

In the west, there is the level of dependence on the people as well BUT that does not then mean the forces become incapable when the people refuse. Turn on CrimeTV and watch how intelligence gathering works. It is not one dimensional and there are numerous examples on that channel to show you that even when people refuse, the law still finds a way to get the job done.
Re: Almost 24 Hours And Not A Single Statement From The Fg by Arosa(m): 2:46pm On Jan 22, 2012
Kobojunkie:

There is no IN NAIJA  when it comes to intelligence gathering. Intelligence gathering methods were not put together IN NAIJA, or in any particular persons backyard. There are no special cases to this.  So, if you are going to apply that method, you have to apply it as it is defined, not pretend that there ought to be a special version of that method that only applies to your NAIJA.

How is intelligence gathering done globally?
the work of the security force is to investigate, stake out the place if necessary, send in undercover forces, etc. to Fish out the culprits
How can your proposed undercover force succeed if they are not indigenous to the north. when you rightly said in the same text the the peeps are "unwilling to reveal the culprits name". This is a clear case of mistrust.
Re: Almost 24 Hours And Not A Single Statement From The Fg by Kobojunkie: 2:55pm On Jan 22, 2012
Since you ask me that question . . . shouldn't you at least be the one doing your homework on this then? I mean there are wiki pages to help

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intelligence_assessment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_intelligence_gathering_disciplines
Re: Almost 24 Hours And Not A Single Statement From The Fg by Arosa(m): 2:58pm On Jan 22, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Since you ask me that question . . . shouldn't you at least be the one doing your homework on this then? I mean there are wiki pages to help

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intelligence_assessment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_intelligence_gathering_disciplines

Please write it in your own words, so that we can discourse it.
Re: Almost 24 Hours And Not A Single Statement From The Fg by Kobojunkie: 3:04pm On Jan 22, 2012
Why don't you read what it says of intelligence gathering and what it really means, and it's many applications, and then come back to continue the discussion then.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Names Of Newly Appointed NNPC Mds For Those Shouting One Nigeria / Uwazuruike Attacks APGA For Denying Bianca Senatorial Ticket / BREAKING NEWS!! Governor Akeredolu's Response To Sahara Reporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.