Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,934 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:17 PM

Why Do Women Forgive Their Cheating Spouse, Unlike Men? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Women Forgive Their Cheating Spouse, Unlike Men? (4854 Views)

Woman Exposes Ladies She Over-heard Planning To Attack Their Cheating Boyfriend / What's With Men And Their 'Cheating Nature'? / Reasons Why Women Should Forgive Their Cheating Bf's And Husband's (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Women Forgive Their Cheating Spouse, Unlike Men? by jenny2007(f): 9:29am On Jan 22, 2012
Morning lovely people,
Was @ my man's house last night from lagos for the weekend and (shockingly) walked into his room to find a woman's hair accessory, pink shaving- stick and eye-brow tweezers all littered around this room and house. Asked him how it all got there and he said ''they belong to my cousin. She's been here all week. U just hang on for a few hours and she'll be here and U can ask her''. My people o, I stayed up till 12pm waiting for this cousin but she didn't turn up. I awoke early this morning and asked my bf if she was still coming over and he said ''she came and left when you were asleep. Pls trust me''. Hmmm, na wa o. This is a man that cannot even stand me talking to another man for up to 10min on the phone yet he's obviously cheating.
Now I want to know why women often forgive their cheating bf's and husbands and overlook 'danger signs'' meanwhile men take cheating much more personal. Let's hear your thought people.
Re: Why Do Women Forgive Their Cheating Spouse, Unlike Men? by jenny2007(f): 9:34am On Jan 22, 2012
Even as I'm posting this my jealous but cheating bf is busy streching his neck now like giraffe to see if I'm chatting with a man. Guys why do u behave in such a selfish way?
Re: Why Do Women Forgive Their Cheating Spouse, Unlike Men? by Nobody: 10:09am On Jan 22, 2012
He he he.Don't Be selfish,Jenny.U are lucky,He is yur man,but got to do TOSIBE around and am sure he Fvck you just as mucH. grin
Re: Why Do Women Forgive Their Cheating Spouse, Unlike Men? by Ranoscky(m): 10:15am On Jan 22, 2012
jenny2007:

Morning lovely people,
Was @ my man's house last night from lagos for the weekend and (shockingly) walked into his room to find a woman's hair accessory, pink shaving- stick and eye-brow tweezers all littered around this room and house. Asked him how it all got there and he said ''they belong to my cousin. She's been here all week. U just hang on for a few hours and she'll be here and U can ask her''. My people o, I stayed up till 12pm waiting for this cousin but she didn't turn up. I awoke early this morning and asked my bf if she was still coming over and he said ''she came and left when you were asleep. Pls trust me''. Hmmm, na wa o. This is a man that cannot even stand me talking to another man for up to 10min on the phone yet he's obviously cheating.
Now I want to know why women often forgive their cheating bf's and husbands and overlook 'danger signs'' meanwhile men take cheating much more personal. Let's hear your thought people.
I so much love the embolded line above, mehn. . . VERY BADT SHARP GUY! grin grin

OP, tel ur guy say Rano dey hail am oo! Lol.
Re: Why Do Women Forgive Their Cheating Spouse, Unlike Men? by Nobody: 10:45am On Jan 22, 2012
Who said so? Do you mean to say you've forgiven him already? You see, it's when girls fall for cheap lies like this, and decide to stay that makes most men think they can get away with everything! How the bloody hell will someone tell you that his cousin came and spent the week with him, cousin disappeared before you came into the house, and then re appeared and disappeared again while you slept, and you believed the abracadabra?   Do you really know what you want? Do you like your intelligence being ridden like a horse? It's obvious he is cheating like you said, so Why are you still in that place? And why are you complaining?  Listen up! He'll do it again and again! With his fathers aunty's cousin, and with the daughter of his uncles brother, and you will believe him! Then when he is tired of riding your intelligence, he'll tell you it's over and then "men" become wicked! You allowed it!
When someone is lying to you, you tell them they are lying! Do you even care about the relationship? If you tell me she came and went while i was sleeping, i tell you i was awake all night!  angry

Some people like being fools! It's like there's a personal joy derived from being told cheap lies and accepting cheap lies, under the mistaken guise that you are being forgiving! I laugh in jamaican! grin When you forgive someone, you forget about the grudge and you never bring it up again! If you ever complain of the forgiven behavior, you never truly forgave the person! So pls, roll up that "women can forgive more than men" crap, light it, smoke it, and choke on it! This has nothing to do with women forgiving their cheating spouse unlike men, this is about why some women choose to be dumb even in obvious circumstances!. . .

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Women Forgive Their Cheating Spouse, Unlike Men? by Agnesqueen(f): 10:48am On Jan 22, 2012
Only stupid people allow their spouses to cheat without any repercussions. I have told every guy that i was in a relationship with that if i suspect and find that they are cheating, they need to pack their things and go. I have no tolerance or respect for cheaters and abusers, point blank period. Also once a cheater, always a cheater, expect him to continue whether its with you or with another girl.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Women Forgive Their Cheating Spouse, Unlike Men? by peziz(f): 11:19am On Jan 22, 2012
sexkillz:

Who said so? Do you mean to say you've forgiven him already? You see, it's when girls fall for cheap lies like this, and decide to stay that makes most men think they can get away with everything! How the bloody hell will someone tell you that his cousin came and spent the week with him, cousin disappeared before you came into the house, and then re appeared and disappeared again while you slept, and you believed the abracadabra?   Do you really know what you want? Do you like your intelligence being ridden like a horse? It's obvious he is cheating like you said, so Why are you still in that place? And why are you complaining?  Listen up! He'll do it again and again! With his fathers aunty's cousin, and with the daughter of his uncles brother, and you will believe him! Then when he is tired of riding your intelligence, he'll tell you it's over and then "men" become wicked! You allowed it!
When someone is lying to you, you tell them they are lying! Do you even care about the relationship? If you tell me she came and went while i was sleeping, i tell you i was awake all night!  angry

Some people like being fools! It's like there's a personal joy derived from being told cheap lies and accepting cheap lies, under the mistaken guise that you are being forgiving! I laugh in jamaican! grin When you forgive someone, you forget about the grudge and you never bring it up again! If you ever complain of the forgiven behavior, you never truly forgave the person! So pls, roll up that "women can forgive more than men" crap, light it, smoke it, and choke on it! This has nothing to do with women forgiving their cheating spouse unlike men, this is about why some women choose to be dumb even in obvious circumstances!. . .

Hmm! I like this. Op u better take killz advice. I get it u r loving the attention he is giving u claiming he is all jealous nd stuffs. Don't let him get away with any lie. If u keep doing this and in ur mind claiming u hv forgiven i have nothing to say to u rather than pity u, cos the day wey he go shele! U go still come nairaland ask why do men love cheating? A lil story abt my bf here might give u a clue. My bf sent a text msg to me which i gr8tly suspected. Y? Cos dt wz nt his style of texting. Usually i get to c lots of abbreviation in most of d content and d i miss u then followed by "i love u so much" nt "luv u" or "i love u". Bt ds msg wz different nd so does nt sound like him. I waited till i saw him d next day nd tld him i got his msg bt didn't like it cos it seemed like it wz a msg he forwarded to my phone. He got all defensive nd wz angry at d fact that i culd pick on a text msg to stir up a quarrel, bt i told him all i wntd wz d truth and dt i wz bn honest cos d msg wz different. He argued with me a lot bt i still wntd d truth and my sister it turned out dt another chic snt him dt msg nd as he wz too tired to type dt night he forwarded dt msg 2 me with sm lil editing here nd there. Kai! I warn am make he no ever try dt kind thing for this relationship again. Pls always insist on the truth in nice ways though bt dnt nag abt it. Guys go still lie bt dnt let d ones glaring u in d eyes to slip away dn later tell us say u forgive.
Re: Why Do Women Forgive Their Cheating Spouse, Unlike Men? by Mynd44: 11:35am On Jan 22, 2012
Women like the OP are the reason why men love to think they can get away woth ahything

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Women Forgive Their Cheating Spouse, Unlike Men? by Metalgoong(m): 11:49am On Jan 22, 2012
jenny2007:

Morning lovely people,

heheheheheheheh grin grin grin grin grin grin

Well poster, I think you should believe him . .lol
Re: Why Do Women Forgive Their Cheating Spouse, Unlike Men? by Mynd44: 11:55am On Jan 22, 2012
when you are too gulible, you become a F00l
Re: Why Do Women Forgive Their Cheating Spouse, Unlike Men? by kambili190: 12:16pm On Jan 22, 2012
as I can see, there are enough women who don't accept cheating and lies.
however, many do, unlike men. they accept and forgive it less frequently.
i have been asking myself why women tend to forgive rather than men. not all women but quite many.
well, then I read something about jealousy and that stuff. and I came across a statement saying that a psychologically weak woman will believe that it is her fault that her bf was cheating, thinking that she isn't attractive enough and in the worst case these women would even kill themselves, whereas a psycholigically "disabled" man will kill his gf and / or the lover of his gf.
as you can see, women tend to be more self-distructive whereas men will blame others.
why? i have no idea!

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Women Forgive Their Cheating Spouse, Unlike Men? by drnoel: 12:25pm On Jan 22, 2012
Mynd_44:

when you are too gulible, you become a F00l

Oh come on, no insults now jenny2007 asked a plain question that she really wants answers to. I really don't know why, am also a guy and won't tolerate cheating too. B4 I met my wife, I had series of girlfriends too and a few close calls like she described and of course I had 2 tell them something (don't remember them now). I think it just has 2 do with the fact that men are more physical than women. A man may feel nothing after a sex escapade but there must be real pressure on a woman b4 most sane Nigerian women will open their legs 4 anoda man.
Re: Why Do Women Forgive Their Cheating Spouse, Unlike Men? by kambili190: 12:29pm On Jan 22, 2012
"A man may feel nothing after a sex escapade but there must be real pressure on a woman b4 most sane Nigerian women will open their legs 4 anoda man."

that is true! (not only sane Nigerian women)

however, there are women who resemble men concerning sex and cheating.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Women Forgive Their Cheating Spouse, Unlike Men? by jenny2007(f): 12:33pm On Jan 22, 2012
Honestly I am so glad that you guys are giving me these feedbacks. It might sound harsh but I am trying to take in the messages in criticisim. Normally I do not tolerate bad behaviour from in a relationships but this man is making me feel paranoid - like all the signs I am seeing are just in my mind. These comments remind me of how I normally want to be treated in a relationship - with respect!
Re: Why Do Women Forgive Their Cheating Spouse, Unlike Men? by Yorisb: 12:33pm On Jan 22, 2012
kambili190:

"however, there are women who resemble men concerning sex and cheating.

*Like*
Re: Why Do Women Forgive Their Cheating Spouse, Unlike Men? by Mynd44: 12:46pm On Jan 22, 2012
jenny2007:

Honestly I am so glad that you guys are giving me these feedbacks. It might sound harsh but I am trying to take in the messages in criticisim. Normally I do not tolerate bad behaviour from in a relationships but this man is making me feel paranoid - like all the signs I am seeing are just in my mind. These comments remind me of how I normally want to be treated in a relationship - with respect!
And you should demand noting less. How can you just allow him walk out with an excuse that lame? He will just keep taking you for a ride and then respect will be thrown outta the window
Re: Why Do Women Forgive Their Cheating Spouse, Unlike Men? by Mynd44: 12:47pm On Jan 22, 2012
jenny2007:

And you should demand noting less. How can you just allow him walk out with an excuse that lame? He will just keep taking you for a ride and then respect will be thrown outta the window.
Re: Why Do Women Forgive Their Cheating Spouse, Unlike Men? by Nobody: 2:34pm On Jan 22, 2012
jenny2007:

I laugh in chi hua hua hua hua! grin Makes you feel paranoid? No! He doesnt! You are discombobulated to the extent that you dont know what you want! Do you honestly think you are a nobody without this particular man? Where is your self confidence? Is it on strike?    If i tell you a lie, should you believe it? Especially when you can see evidences that i am lying? If you believe my first lie, i will cover the first one with an even better second lie! And you will believe me. If you allow me ride your intelligence, believe me, i'll ride it till i am tired! grin I swearigawd! grin
You saw obvious signs, all you should demand is truth! If truth is not forth coming, you walk! If truth is out, still walk! If you dont walk means he can cheat again, tell the truth, and all will be fine! When you walk, give him time to feel remorse, if he doesnt, forget about him. If he does, you'll have to make it clear that you wont tolerate such behavior, you wont accept to be treated like a fool, and you'll rather not be in a relationship, than be in a relationship where you are the fool! Let him understand, that it is not by force to be in a relationship with him, as there are others on the line, but if he can not prove to you why you should leave the others and concentrate on him, then you'll walk! After making your self clear, you may now choose to forgive, and never bring up the issue again!
But if you forgive a cheat without clarifying matters, his "sisters" and "cousins" will pay him a visit under your very nose, and the best part? You'll do nada about it! grin Dont be a what? A fool! cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Women Forgive Their Cheating Spouse, Unlike Men? by dabrake(m): 2:53pm On Jan 22, 2012
I swear, dis s.killz guy sabi throw blow wella. @jenny, don't you think you should give your guy some space? Guys will always see the value of what they had when they've lost it but if your guy doesn't, i believe you know what that means. Peace.
Re: Why Do Women Forgive Their Cheating Spouse, Unlike Men? by MrsChima1(f): 5:06pm On Jan 22, 2012
It is the double standard in this so called "Man World" and it will continue until the end of times.

People pick and choose what is right for one and wrong for the other. Equality goes out the door.
Re: Why Do Women Forgive Their Cheating Spouse, Unlike Men? by Mynd44: 5:07pm On Jan 22, 2012
The guy has seen you as his MAGA and you are behaving like it
Re: Why Do Women Forgive Their Cheating Spouse, Unlike Men? by Nobody: 5:08pm On Jan 22, 2012
cos women are used to it.

expecting a man to be faithful is like putting your hand in a lion's mouth
and not expecting to be bitten. (yes that example sucked but you get my drift! angry)

1 Like

Re: Why Do Women Forgive Their Cheating Spouse, Unlike Men? by Mynd44: 5:12pm On Jan 22, 2012
Msdarkskin, you just disappointed me. So now you are saying that all men are expected to cheat and so they should be forgiven easily when they do. Because if that is what you mean, that is very twisted no offence
Re: Why Do Women Forgive Their Cheating Spouse, Unlike Men? by MrsChima1(f): 5:30pm On Jan 22, 2012
MsDarkSkin:

cos women are used to it.

expecting a man to be faithful is like putting your hand in a lion's mouth
and not expecting to be bitten
. (yes that example sucked but you get my drift! angry)

Seriously Sis? undecided grin
Re: Why Do Women Forgive Their Cheating Spouse, Unlike Men? by MrsChima1(f): 5:32pm On Jan 22, 2012
Mynd_44:

Msdarkskin, you just disappointed me. So now you are saying that all men are expected to cheat and so they should be forgiven easily when they do. Because if that is what you mean, that is very twisted no offence

What she said isn't farfetched.  Many women do expect their husbands and boyfriends to cheat because of the societal trend.  It doesn't mean it is right, but it doesn't change what on the minds of many women today. 

It is very uncommon for a man today not to have cheating thoughts nor cheated on their girl.  Women cheats too but, women are more loyal to their partner than many men are loyal to their partner.
Re: Why Do Women Forgive Their Cheating Spouse, Unlike Men? by Nobody: 5:35pm On Jan 22, 2012
Mrs, Chima:

Seriously Sis?  undecided grin

SHUT UP THERE CHIMA!!  grin

Mynd_44:

Dude, it's just logic.

a man can sit on a woman's lap, rub up against her, and even touch her nibbles and she won't be excited UNLESS she wants it. All a girls has to do is touch a man's cork and he is excited EVEN IF he doesn't want her. There is a reason for that and why men require much more restraint than women to be faithful. It's nature so I am saying women who understand this, are more forgiving then men who know unless a woman is unhappy she is less likely to cheat. Society knows this which is why a man is praised or shown more leniency for the amount of women he has slept with or have as opposed to women who are naturally selective and are as a result chastised.
Re: Why Do Women Forgive Their Cheating Spouse, Unlike Men? by Mynd44: 7:19pm On Jan 22, 2012
Should that not be one of the conditions of being in a relationship that you will remain faithful? When you start being "understanding" with us, we will only continue doing it and think well she did say she understands. I am a guy I know what I am talking about. Once you give a guy that chance you become his bitc-h

1 Like

Re: Why Do Women Forgive Their Cheating Spouse, Unlike Men? by Youngpo413: 3:39pm On May 29, 2013
@op,you sef,na only that guy wey you get?maybe you were cheating too,cuz I dont see the reason you kept quiet despite all those evidence,atleast an average nigerian girl will flare up.
Re: Why Do Women Forgive Their Cheating Spouse, Unlike Men? by slymm(f): 4:34pm On May 29, 2013
Men wwill not forgive a cheating woman because most of them are selfish, self centered pricks with an ego bigger than Kano. They are like spoilt pampered kids who do not want to share their toys and who throw a tantrum the moment they find some other kids playing with it. Women have enabled them and encouraged them to continue in this way, and because women are their own worst enemy this strend will continue. A woman will know that a man is in a relationship or married and wwill ggo ahead and open her whoring legs to him. How then will these men stop cheating? As long as the LovePeddler litter. The sstreet and women open their legs to unavailable men, men will never stop cheating. It has become a rite of passage and a norm for them. Women are starting tto match them in tact and style. One idiot wwho believes he is smart and phuking the whores on the side will be surprised to find his wife is doing the driver or even better his brother.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

its all better now / When Is It Right To Sleep Over In Your Boyfriend's House? / Folowers But Not Making Moves

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.