Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,829 members, 7,810,185 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:46 PM

13 Igbos Murdered In Mubi Were Killed By Their Kinsmen, Not Boko Haram! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 13 Igbos Murdered In Mubi Were Killed By Their Kinsmen, Not Boko Haram! (20378 Views)

President Jonathan Rocks Military Uniform During Visits To troops In Mubi (pic) / Abducted Chibok Girl Found In Mubi / Obasanjo's Son Shot In Mubi By Boko Haram - Saharareporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 13 Igbos Murdered In Mubi Were Killed By Their Kinsmen, Not Boko Haram! by saintneo(m): 2:16pm On Jan 22, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Are you suggesting that before Boko Haram came to the scene, Nigeria was devoid of crimes such as the one you described up there? Come one now. This is the same country where hundreds are senselessly killed by armed robbers on our express roads, each year, in some of the most brutal manners.
Kobo, you really amaze with your squealing. There is crime in Nigeria, even to the most evil order.
However, the pertinent thing here is, 13 men of the same ethnic origin probably same village were annihilated because they gathered together to discuss the way forward on the incessant killings of their kinsmen. This is a planned genocidal act on defenseless people, it is not armed robbery nor kidnapping.
Re: 13 Igbos Murdered In Mubi Were Killed By Their Kinsmen, Not Boko Haram! by aljharem(m): 2:17pm On Jan 22, 2012
mikeansy:

Based on which history? For your info Boko Haram did not start in 2009/2010. They used to hit before then and their traditional hit style used to be gunmen on the back of motorbikes, stop, hit and run away. But they have since diversified.

Most importantly BokoHaram claimed responsibility for this hit through their traditional communication channels. It makes me wonder why you guys are so bent on absolving BokoHaram when they have claimed responsibility.

This is why we say the average Hausa Fulani man has a soft spot for Boko Haram.

But know this, when they no longer have any Igbos or Christains to kill. They will turn on fellow muslims.

I am not trying to defend them neither do I have a soft spot for them. I just highlighted the suspect part of it. The security of this nation is a joke. Imagine a country not sure of it is boko haram or just another hit and run crime. Whether it is boko haram or not, the people need to be brought to justice.

I hope they are caught and persecuted rightly.
Re: 13 Igbos Murdered In Mubi Were Killed By Their Kinsmen, Not Boko Haram! by Kobojunkie: 2:22pm On Jan 22, 2012
saintneo:

Kobo, you really amaze with your squealing. There is crime in Nigeria, even to the most evil order.
However, the pertinent thing here is, 13 men of the same ethnic origin probably same village were annihilated because they gathered together to discuss the way forward on the incessant killings of their kinsmen. This is a planned genocidal act on defenseless people, it is not armed robbery nor kidnapping.

I don't think there is a question of whether what took place is a crime or not,  or of what country this happened in. The point here is who is to blame, and why are people quick to blame Boko Haram when it does not even resemble Boko Haram. And I don't think the ethnicity of the victims are that important here especially when you consider these people did not just come from nowhere to where they were found . . ,   they were not out-of-towners.

Let me re-iterate. Boko Haram's MO has not been that of targetting particular ethnic groups. No, Boko haram has been an equal-opportunity killer gang --- the group kills Hausas, ibos, yorubas, muslims and non . . . they don't seem to discriminate --- look at what happened in Kano. Majority of those killed where muslims and hausa. Also, the group readily admits involvement where it can. So why would it then decide to bounce to attack only  people of one ethnicity in another state, when it has not done that before now.

Now, before Boko Haram came onto the Nigerian scene, crimes such as these where already common place however. Why are you suggesting then that this has to be Boko Haram knowing that this does not in anyway resemble the work of the group, and the group does not even claim it, nor does there seem to be a link to them yet?

And out of curiosity, why is it IMPOSSIBLE to believe that this was some sort of business-deal gone-wrong situation? This is not the first time it has happened in Nigeria, and will certainly not be the last so why is it impossible that this could be the case here?
Re: 13 Igbos Murdered In Mubi Were Killed By Their Kinsmen, Not Boko Haram! by Dede1(m): 2:25pm On Jan 22, 2012
@POST

Governor seemed to have spoken with level of audacity and exonerated Boko Haram when he said “13 Igbo businessmen gunned down by unidentified killers recently in the commercial town of Mubi, in the state were killed as a result of business conflict.
This is contrary to media reports that they were killed by the deadly Islamic sect, Boko Haram”.

There is no doubt the governor knows the perpetrators of the crime and we wait patiently for the governor to name names.

In addition, governor never said or insinuated in the press release it was the kinsmen of the murdered 13 Igbo businessmen precipitated the heinous crime as the idi.ot  in mushin, the poster, would want us to believe with the mischievous title of the thread.
Re: 13 Igbos Murdered In Mubi Were Killed By Their Kinsmen, Not Boko Haram! by Nobody: 2:26pm On Jan 22, 2012
saintneo:

My guy, why do you waste your time. Tow the line most on these forums do and ignore the poster you just quoted. Just a little advice.
Re: 13 Igbos Murdered In Mubi Were Killed By Their Kinsmen, Not Boko Haram! by naijaking1: 2:26pm On Jan 22, 2012
Unfortunately, this marks the begining of another phase of Boko Haram attacks on Nigerians. The governor's role or lack thereof is also being highlighted. Of all the violence in his state, I find it hard to believe that the governor has rushed to solve this one. So, where is the police? It will be nice to hear from the police, SSS, and other security forces in the area.
Re: 13 Igbos Murdered In Mubi Were Killed By Their Kinsmen, Not Boko Haram! by Rhino5dm: 2:28pm On Jan 22, 2012
Three people were killed at a different location by unknown gun men last night. . . Just when their friends gathered in a small hall to mourn them the next morning, thesame gun men appeared from no where and spray them with bullets. This seems to me like script from a mafia movie,
Re: 13 Igbos Murdered In Mubi Were Killed By Their Kinsmen, Not Boko Haram! by BIGERBOY1: 2:29pm On Jan 22, 2012
Book haram as "equal-opportunity killers" now that's a description I never thought of.
Re: 13 Igbos Murdered In Mubi Were Killed By Their Kinsmen, Not Boko Haram! by Dede1(m): 2:34pm On Jan 22, 2012
Kobojunkie:

I don't think there is a question of whether what took place is a crime or not, or of what country this happened in. The point here is who is to blame, and why are people quick to blame Boko Haram when it does not even resemble Boko Haram. And I don't think the ethnicity of the victims are that important here especially when you consider these people did not just come from nowhere to where they were found . . , they were not out-of-towners.

Let me re-iterate. Boko Haram's MO has not been that of targetting particular ethnic groups. No, Boko haram has been an equal-opportunity killer gang --- the group kills Hausas, ibos, yorubas, muslims and non . . . they don't seem to discriminate --- look at what happened in Kano. Majority of those killed where muslims and hausa. Also, the group readily admits involvement where it can. So why would it then decide to bounce to attack only people of one ethnicity in another state, when it has not done that before now.

Now, before Boko Haram came onto the Nigerian scene, crimes such as these where already common place however. Why are you suggesting then that this has to be Boko Haram knowing that this does not in anyway resemble the work of the group, and the group does not even claim it, nor does there seem to be a link to them yet?

And out of curiosity, why is it IMPOSSIBLE to believe that this was some sort of business-deal gone-wrong situation? This is not the first time it has happened in Nigeria, and will certainly not be the last so why is it impossible that this could be the case here?

You have written like a bona fide member of Boko Haram. You can never disappoint as a spokesperson of the religious sect. I guess you and governor knew few hidden facts about the crime in Mubi, Adamawa State. You were so myopic to discern the title of the thread is despicable.
Re: 13 Igbos Murdered In Mubi Were Killed By Their Kinsmen, Not Boko Haram! by Kobojunkie: 2:38pm On Jan 22, 2012
The easiest way to hide the truth and deny victims real justice is by denying the facts we already have even before.

Many already  blame Boko Haram, even with little evidence of the groups involvement in this --- the real killers are probably still out there and may walk away scot-free as a result.
Re: 13 Igbos Murdered In Mubi Were Killed By Their Kinsmen, Not Boko Haram! by muhsin(m): 2:42pm On Jan 22, 2012
The governor spoke based on reports submitted to him by the security personnel in charge of the investigation of the attack. And you (people who think he's lying or absolving Boko Haram) are speaking based on what? Pls tell me.
Re: 13 Igbos Murdered In Mubi Were Killed By Their Kinsmen, Not Boko Haram! by tit(f): 2:49pm On Jan 22, 2012
Was it Biu or Ringin that produced the report the gov based his staement on?
Re: 13 Igbos Murdered In Mubi Were Killed By Their Kinsmen, Not Boko Haram! by Dede1(m): 2:55pm On Jan 22, 2012
Given the current notoriety of Boko Haram in commission of mayhem and murderous crimes, it is absolutely normal and safe to hold Boko Haram as the prime suspect in murder of 13 Igbo businessmen in Mubi, Adamawa State. Boko Haram falls into the prime suspect subject or object in a procedural investigation of such crime.
Re: 13 Igbos Murdered In Mubi Were Killed By Their Kinsmen, Not Boko Haram! by saintneo(m): 3:29pm On Jan 22, 2012
BIGER BOY:

Book haram as "equal-opportunity killers" now that's a description I never thought of.
What a description by alj harem! alj harem must be a HR, PR or media consultant for BH.

I hope you have Death Analyst in your organisation. At least the DA will take statistics of the dead and ensure that it is evenly distributed along ethnic and religious lines.
Re: 13 Igbos Murdered In Mubi Were Killed By Their Kinsmen, Not Boko Haram! by Cypost: 3:45pm On Jan 22, 2012
I suspect the Gov is a member of BH or his afraid of them, otherwise why quick to absolve BH which ordinarily shld be the prime suspect here. Why didn't he wait for the investigation to be completed b4 accusing business partners

It is very sad, while pple are mourning their love ones others are playing politics with it and bringing in all manner of logic over theses gruesome murders.

Maybe if Nyoko have allowed security agents to do dir work all these will not have sufficed.

@kobo
Ur interest and logic in this matter is amazing,ur could be unwitting serving as BH spokesman or Nyoko propagandist.
Nontheless, let's spare a tot for pple who lost loved ones. I lost a cousin in dt God forseeking dungeon in an attack prior to this, 5 persons died. He will be buried on Friday.
Re: 13 Igbos Murdered In Mubi Were Killed By Their Kinsmen, Not Boko Haram! by Kobojunkie: 3:49pm On Jan 22, 2012
Cypost:

Nontheless, let's  spare a tot for pple who lost loved ones. I lost a cousin in dt God forseeking  dungeon in an attack prior to this, 5 persons died. He will be buried on Friday.

The more reason why you should want to sift through all the false noise, and jargons introduced by people who are more willing to get someone to hear their noise, so you can ensure your cousin gets true justice at the end of the day -- so that your cousin's killers do not continue to walk around free -- free to continue living and maybe do business and prosper while his/her family continues to mourn.
If you want justice for your cousin, it is probably a good idea for you to look carefully at what happened, consider the facts we already know of, and the proceed to be sure the right killers are prosecuted, and not the wrong people.
Re: 13 Igbos Murdered In Mubi Were Killed By Their Kinsmen, Not Boko Haram! by velo10: 4:04pm On Jan 22, 2012
Hmm, this governor should better not make Boko haram refute the statement he made.
Re: 13 Igbos Murdered In Mubi Were Killed By Their Kinsmen, Not Boko Haram! by Ibman: 4:31pm On Jan 22, 2012
I was in mubi and really wanted to find out about d assasination of d 13 igbo men. From my interaction wit residents of mubi town i learnt that the Igbo men were murdered by assasins hired to murder one of them who was due for a title and feared they were recognised by some of them (igbos) and decided to eliminate all present.according to residents, i still can belive it myself.
Re: 13 Igbos Murdered In Mubi Were Killed By Their Kinsmen, Not Boko Haram! by OK2NV: 4:38pm On Jan 22, 2012
[color=#990000][size=30pt]UTTER RUBISH! LIAR! YOUR KINSMEN KILLED THOSE TRADERS AND YOU BLAME IT ON A BUSINESS DEAL GONE SOAR.
THESE GUYS(POLITICIANS ) AND POLICEMEN ARE TOTALLY CLUELESS BOFFONS.
NO WONDER THIS COUNTRY IS BACKWARD, WE HAVE HAD IDIOTAS RULE US SINCE INDEPENDENCE![/[/size]color]
Re: 13 Igbos Murdered In Mubi Were Killed By Their Kinsmen, Not Boko Haram! by tunnytox(m): 4:39pm On Jan 22, 2012
Ibman:

I was in mubi and really wanted to find out about d assasination of d 13 igbo men. From my interaction wit residents of mubi town i learnt that the Igbo men were murdered by assasins hired to murder one of them who was due for a title and feared they were recognised by some of them (igbos) and decided to eliminate all present.according to residents, i still can belive it myself.

shocked shocked shocked they must be extremely mean set of people
Re: 13 Igbos Murdered In Mubi Were Killed By Their Kinsmen, Not Boko Haram! by Rhino5dm: 4:46pm On Jan 22, 2012
some Igbo guys were caught sending text to victims claiming to be Boko Haram.
tunnytox:

shocked shocked shocked they must be extremely mean set of people
Re: 13 Igbos Murdered In Mubi Were Killed By Their Kinsmen, Not Boko Haram! by LEXYLOV: 4:53pm On Jan 22, 2012
Don't say that BH didn't kill with guns. How many news we read here about BH shooting people in church and in the meetings etc, the latest in kano did BH no engaged in duel gun battle after series of bombing? I disagree with the point that BH don't kill with gun. Also it might be true they got killed by their kinsmen because ibo guys full of rivalry and dirty business conflict everywhere it happen like that. undecided
Re: 13 Igbos Murdered In Mubi Were Killed By Their Kinsmen, Not Boko Haram! by Rhino5dm: 5:05pm On Jan 22, 2012
Check out this Igbo syndicates sending text as Boko Haram. . .

SYNDICATE I

4. The group is made up of four (4) members namely, Stanley OCHUWA, Emmanuel Ogbonna CHINONYEREM, Onyedikachi AKPASUE, and Mathias AKUEGBO . They operated from Suleja in Niger State and Zuba, FCT, under the code names Col. MURPHY, Col. ADAMS, Col.MORDI, and Engr. Emma NWACHUKWU.

SYNDICATE 111
6. Maurice Efe LAWRENCE, an indigene of Delta State, operated this cell from Calabar, Cross River State. He had widely circulated text messages through three (3) GSM Nos: 08100428701, 08080468686, and 070383912813 on plans by his syndicate to attack or bomb some cities in Nigeria. On his hit list were) Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Port Harcourt, Jos, Kaisina, Damaturu, Maiduquri, Lagos, Dutse and Akure.

SYNDICA TE IV
7. Chinwendu JOSIAH, an indigene of Imo State worked in a cyber cafe in Benin City. He it was that sent emails to foreign embassies that caused panic and anxiety which led to the travel alert issued during the Eid-el- Kabir celebrations. The threat messages were sent through the following email addresses which contained a cloned GSM no:081881916038, which he used for the scam and intent to extort money from his victims. Below is the full text of some of the messages sent:

i."WE ARE BOKO HARAM, WE ARE COMING FOR YOU"

ii. "THE BROTHERHOOD REMAINS ONE INDIVISIBLE ENTITY. THERE IS NO SPLIT AND THERE IS NO SPLINTER GROUP. STORIES OF SPLIT ARE TISSUES OF LIES BY THE STATE SECURITY SERVICE TO DISCREDIT US. CALL ON ALL TRUE FAITHFULS WHO BELIEVE IN OUR CAUSE TO JOIN US BY ENLISTING AS A FOLLOWER AND BECOME A MEMBER OF THE BROTHERHOOD IN OUR SITE"

Re: 13 Igbos Murdered In Mubi Were Killed By Their Kinsmen, Not Boko Haram! by ezer(m): 5:09pm On Jan 22, 2012
Last time I checked,boko haram claimed responsibility for the killing of the 13 igbo businessmen as well as the 12 people killed at the deeper life church, so what are you dumb asses like the governor going back n forth for?,
The governor Is a clueless psychopath, he(governor) should know that one day he's life would also be snapped out of him probably by illness on the world would speculate AIDs.
Re: 13 Igbos Murdered In Mubi Were Killed By Their Kinsmen, Not Boko Haram! by Kobojunkie: 5:16pm On Jan 22, 2012
ezer:

Last time I checked,boko haram claimed responsibility for the killing of the 13 igbo businessmen as well as the 12 people killed at the deeper life church, so what are you dumb asses like the governor going back n forth for?,
The governor Is a clueless psychopath, he(governor) should know that one day he's life would also be snapped out of him probably by illness on the world would speculate AIDs.

Last time you checked? So that we do not end up a bunch of LIARS, when was this and can you provide a source for this?  Please we want to see where you checked where Boko Haram actually claimed responsibility for this particular massacre.
Re: 13 Igbos Murdered In Mubi Were Killed By Their Kinsmen, Not Boko Haram! by LordNaya: 5:27pm On Jan 22, 2012
May God punish Gov M Nyako and all those who wrote that boko haram which claimed responsibility 4 de attack are not guilty. May they experience such injustice, wickedness and bias. Look am in adamawa and i can state categorically that the attack was carried out by boko haram. Some say boko haram dont attack with guns, dats a big lie wasnt it BH dat killed de ANPP governor candidate in 2011, wasnt it them dat killed with guns wen dey attacked CAC church in yola in which 12 pipo died out of wich 8 were yorogba, wot of de attack on a hair shop owned by a young yorogba guy. This was reported by various newspapers. You guys are heartless some families are mourning their dead and u guys are trying 2 cover up BH. Nawa oh!! Gov M Nyako will lose this coming election by God's grace. AMEN!!!!!!!. May the souls of all those who lost their lives in adamawa and gombe state REST IN PEACE. AMEN !!!
Re: 13 Igbos Murdered In Mubi Were Killed By Their Kinsmen, Not Boko Haram! by Kobojunkie: 5:32pm On Jan 22, 2012
Marwa alleged that , “the aim of the ruling government is to further divide the state according to religious lines between Muslims and Christians and our great party CPC and to claim that it is the handiwork of Boko Haram.[size=13pt] Unfortunately for the ruling party, Boko Haram which always claims responsibility for its actions did not claim responsibility for this action. This is not a Boko Haram action”[/size]
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/01/boko-haram-adazi-mourns-death-of-13-indigenes/
Re: 13 Igbos Murdered In Mubi Were Killed By Their Kinsmen, Not Boko Haram! by kinguwem: 5:32pm On Jan 22, 2012
History will vindicate the just. If the governor is lying, time shall tell. However, his statement should not be ignored. The allegations of CPC should also be considered. Lets raise our voices to God and pray for the perpetrators of the act to be exposed and disgraced. The state has failed and life is no longer safe. The governor is obviously afraid of the dreaded sect and cannot condemn them publicly. The long years of mismanagement of state funds and the production of almajiris created the dreaded, bloody, faceless sect. God never forgets the oppressed, he will act at the right time.
Re: 13 Igbos Murdered In Mubi Were Killed By Their Kinsmen, Not Boko Haram! by dayokanu(m): 5:38pm On Jan 22, 2012
hmmm

Is this Boko Haram or Biko Haram?
Re: 13 Igbos Murdered In Mubi Were Killed By Their Kinsmen, Not Boko Haram! by extension: 5:41pm On Jan 22, 2012
I can really mentioned some boko haramites in this nairaland. Talking rubish by giving reasonings for the death of 13 men.Some of us are really having a soft spot for BH.We have to be very careful what we say and do.Do not say before you think,think before you say.But almighty who we worship will visit everybody with his wages one by one in Jesus name.
Re: 13 Igbos Murdered In Mubi Were Killed By Their Kinsmen, Not Boko Haram! by babestella: 5:46pm On Jan 22, 2012
We can all see one of the sponsors of boko haram in Nigeria, one by one they will expose their acts, Governor Murtala Nyako of Adamawa State is a member of boko haram. How can a sane person in the rank of a governor make such statement, Ok, since he has such facts, we need him to arrest the culprit and provide evidence of his claim.

Murtala Nyako should be ashamed of his statement, he is not worthy to lead a family not to talk of a local govt council or even a state.
Re: 13 Igbos Murdered In Mubi Were Killed By Their Kinsmen, Not Boko Haram! by dempeople(m): 5:48pm On Jan 22, 2012
There're no investigations going on. They're simply doing guess work depending on the atmospheric mood and the nature and characteristics of the people killed.

Its very lazily convenient for them to claim the attack had business conflict/revenge motives afterall, ndigbo are known to do business around the country but, there's an unfortunate but unsurprising pattern I've noticed for sometime now about the attitude of northerners towards this terrorist group.

Go to Daily Trust's FB page and read the comments there. A policy of silence or exoneration of the group from its crimes, one or the other, is maintained.  You seldom find a northerner criticizing the activities of this group. I wouldn't say the Gov.'s statement is entirely unexpected.

Rhino.5dm:

some Igbo guys were caught sending text to victims claiming to be Boko Haram.

Can you really stop writing nonsense. Your Igbophobia on this forum has made you not to reason things out before hitting the keyboard.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Insecurity: Shiekh Gumi Is A Front For Bandits, Arrest Him Now – Fani-kayode / Anambra Election: Personal Particulars Of Candidates Released By INEC / Obasanjo Denies Snubbing Jonathan, Shagari, Other Ex-presidents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.