Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,901 members, 7,817,666 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:47 PM

Nigeria Will Not Disintegrate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Will Not Disintegrate (1528 Views)

Nigeria’ll Disintegrate If Uwazuruike Is Arrested – MASSOB / MEND Threatens To Disintegrate Nigeria Soon / Nigeria Will Disintegrate In 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Will Not Disintegrate by jmoore(m): 12:25pm On Jan 24, 2012
Nigeria will not divide! Yes, it will not disintegrate!

You may have heard of some folks talking about the disintegration of Nigeria by 2015.
Some of us are quick to say "let's divide" when there are news of terror attacks.And I ask, divide into two, three, four, five, how many? If Nigeria will divide, she will end up bringing forth more than 100 countries. Imagine that. For one to travel from Rivers to Sokoto, you may pass more than 50 countries.

-Are we the only country that is made up of many ethnicity?
-Are we the only country that have more than one religion?

I look into 2015 and I see a disintegration, this is a disintegration far from most people are thinking. 2015 will be the beginning of the disintegration of those things that have held Nigeria under bondage, the disintegration of corruption in high places. The disintegration of poor governance, etc. But Nigeria will stand.
Re: Nigeria Will Not Disintegrate by Lasinoh: 2:32pm On Jan 24, 2012
Still on the disintegration of cowards? cheesy
Re: Nigeria Will Not Disintegrate by Arosa(m): 2:41pm On Jan 24, 2012
When Things fall apart, and the centre cannot hold, Mere anarchy is loosed upon Nigeria. The only option is to disintegrate. undecided
Re: Nigeria Will Not Disintegrate by Arosa(m): 2:51pm On Jan 24, 2012
There is no use trying to revive the dead. I tried it before, its hopeless. sad
Re: Nigeria Will Not Disintegrate by Nobody: 3:01pm On Jan 24, 2012
@poster.

I like your attitude but you must relialise that from the very beginning until now, the agression thai inspires the disintegration theories is to a greater percentage coming from a particular region. If those blood thirsty Jihardists will not stop their policy of "kill or die killing", Nigeria will surely disintegrate.
No body can stop it.
Re: Nigeria Will Not Disintegrate by GAR3TH(m): 3:25pm On Jan 24, 2012

I agree that nigeria may not split but I also believe that nigeria will split, but not the way many see. All those tribalist on NL calling for Biafra or  Oodua are just wasting their time because that will never happen. What actually has the STORNGEST possibility of happening is that the core north will separate from Nigeria.Yes i know you all are shocked but its true.  how can the rich south say they want to separate from the poor and marginalized north, usually its the people who are marginalized that are the ones who calls for independents, south sudan, kosovo, pakistan, the confederate states (usa) etc, its going to be the poor north that will separate from the rich south, just like poor south sudan separated from rich north sudan.

Many people say that their tribe is being marginalized, but is that true, no, the only place that is being marginalized is the north. The south receives the bulk of the budget and federal projects while the north gets little. Most of the economic activity and jobs in the country are in the south while in the north there is barely nothing. The south has progressive and developing cities such as Lagos, enugu, port harcourt, calabar, ibadan, benin city, warri, asaba, owerri etc, while the north doesn't really have that much cities that are developing. the south has all the progressive politicians such as fashola, obi, ameachi, duke etc, while the north, well can you name one. all in all the north is the one who are marginalized in nigeria and they are the poorest in the country.

What I believe will happen in the next couple of years is a rise in "northern pride". As the north gets poorer and the south gets richer, As more southern politicians such as fashola or obi become president, as more northerns being to lose influence in the country, as boko haram continues to only bomb the north and makes it look like the south is doing nothing to help, as the corrupt "southern government" continues to marginalize the north, as less and less investments and jobs goes to the north and more and more to south, as the south continues to develop and the north remains the same, that is when the north will declare themselves and independent state. It may not be 2015 but it shall be down the road.

I don't know how the borders will look like or what states or regions of the north will join their new republic but i know for a fact that the north has the highest probability of removing themselves from nigeria. With more southern politicians becoming president and having federal positions, the north will see it as the south torturing the north and thats when they will split. Many people in the south today don't really care about division, after all more and more jobs and investments are coming to the south and the south is developing rapidly. While in the north, the same story of poverty, boko haram and marginalization.

So chances are Nigeria wont split, But if anyone is going to split its likely going to be the north.

Btw, I'm from the south
Re: Nigeria Will Not Disintegrate by Nobody: 5:21pm On Jan 24, 2012
@op did fastor ofedepo tell you that one? because CIA has already spoken, nobody can stop it, even your pastor.
Re: Nigeria Will Not Disintegrate by Nobody: 5:26pm On Jan 24, 2012
Bros.

You are getting it all wrong.

The oil is in the Niger Delta, but the major oil players who "chop" subsidy money are not from Niger Delta. They are from the North and the West.

Your reference to Sudan is quite funny.

South Sudan has the oil, but the the mainly Islamic North had been in control of the oil just for like what you have here.

As for Biafra, I will continue to call for Biafra unless the Jihardists forget the idea that killing a Biafran is a service to Allah. It is has been happening and there appears no end to it. Nigeria will disintegrate whether we like it or not. It is a natural law that "two cannot work together, except they are agree".

Do you think that the Jihardists will ever accept that all humans are equal? I don't want to leave my children in a country where their fellow country men see them as goats to be sluaghtered at will.

Pray it oir wish it, the amalgamation was a horrible mistake. Nigeria is not one, has never been one and will never be one. Time will tell.
Re: Nigeria Will Not Disintegrate by GAR3TH(m): 5:54pm On Jan 24, 2012
Um no, most of theoil money that oil producing states produce goes back to oil producing states. Its not the "north" or "west" that chop the money, its the governors and politicians of those oil producing states that chop the money.

Which one says north and other non oil producing state chops oil money, yes they receive oil allocations but its considered peanuts compared to oil producing states. Oil producing states still retain the bulk of the allocations and the money the federal government get most get spent on the south.

disclaimer :graph showing per capita income  to the state from the State and Local Government allocation of the Federation Allocation Account Committee.
Re: Nigeria Will Not Disintegrate by jmoore(m): 6:03pm On Jan 24, 2012
diluminati:

@op did fastor ofedepo tell you that one? because CIA has already spoken, nobody can stop it, even your pastor.

The last time I checked the CIA said that Iraq has weapon of mass destruction, this led into a foolish war with Iraq costing USA about 1 trillion dollars and lives 4,486 american soldiers. Of course, no weapon of mass destruction was found
Re: Nigeria Will Not Disintegrate by dasparrow: 3:26am On Jan 26, 2012
jmoore:

The last time I checked the CIA said that Iraq has weapon of mass destruction, this led into a foolish war with Iraq costing USA about 1 trillion dollars and lives 4,486 american soldiers. Of course, no weapon of mass destruction was found

We all know that but what dillumanati is indirectly trying to say is that the CIA is behind the boko haram attacks. They sponsor boko haram directly and indirectly to destabilize Nigeria so that they can have reasons to pitch their tent in our country while they take our resources and enrich their own country and citizens.

(1) (Reply)

Abia State Governor Is The Best Governor So Far. / Helen Akpabio's 3 Brothers All Killed In One Night / No Compulsion In Islam By Hannatu Musawa Pix Included.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.