Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,451 members, 7,850,574 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 04:13 AM

Is Jealousy Normal In A Relationship? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is Jealousy Normal In A Relationship? (8532 Views)

Are Little Misunderstandings Normal In A Relationship / Is Jealousy Part Of Love? / Is Jealousy A Sign Of Love? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Jealousy Normal In A Relationship? by RealTreas(f): 7:52pm On Jan 25, 2012
Yes,is normal to be jealous.if u r not jealous of ur partner,that means that there is no love.
Re: Is Jealousy Normal In A Relationship? by cdoffx(m): 7:52pm On Jan 25, 2012
ronkebp:

^^^^^^^^Her cold and quiet looks, means ''no try am if you still want to keep your dicko'' cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
you got it right cold and calm she doesn't seems to be fired up with jealousy i can't but sometimes think that maybe its that she doesn't even care
Re: Is Jealousy Normal In A Relationship? by AdeniyiA(m): 7:57pm On Jan 25, 2012
jealousy is a sign of love. since we were created in d image n likeness of God, He said He is a jealous God, we somehow posses His nature. but we must practice A CONTROLLED JEALOUS to avoid evil occurences n inordinate obsession, afterall our God we take after gives unrestricted freedom. remember, all is vanity upon vanity. SELF-CONTROL IS THE KEY
Re: Is Jealousy Normal In A Relationship? by ronkebp(f): 8:08pm On Jan 25, 2012
cdoffx:

you got it right cold and calm she doesn't seems to be fired up with jealousy i can't but sometimes think that maybe its that she doesn't even care

Oh my dear, don't get it twisted, she is soo ''fired-up'' but silently, and people like that are more dangerous than the ''scatter all, break-all'' type of peeps. You don't want to put your fingers in a ''lions mouth '' naaa.
Re: Is Jealousy Normal In A Relationship? by omiata(m): 8:15pm On Jan 25, 2012
cdoffx:

Bros, don't get it twisted, she cares, she is just one of those ladies that like to act Bruce Lee when they are Omotola, lol! she is just confidence that you are hers and she has the password intact. am sure she is jealous in some other areas
ronkebp:

^^^^^^^^Her cold and quiet looks, means ''no try am if you still want to keep your dicko'' cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Gbammed^2
Re: Is Jealousy Normal In A Relationship? by Nobody: 9:11pm On Jan 25, 2012
I am very jealous of my wife because i Love her.
Re: Is Jealousy Normal In A Relationship? by Bright2(m): 9:29pm On Jan 25, 2012
Both r involve,even over jealous follow!
Re: Is Jealousy Normal In A Relationship? by cdoffx(m): 9:42pm On Jan 25, 2012
thanks Ronkebp and Omiata i'm sure both of you're right in fact its like she turned the table around since i'm now the one feeling some concern of jealousy now
Re: Is Jealousy Normal In A Relationship? by Kindluv3(m): 10:09pm On Jan 25, 2012
jealousy is normal but over jealousy is madness inpractise
Re: Is Jealousy Normal In A Relationship? by dtanigwe(f): 1:53am On Jan 26, 2012
"mrprestige (m)
  Re: Is Jealousy Normal In A Relationship?
« #6 on: Yesterday at 04:06:16 PM » 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Any relationship without  jealousy is not a gud one, but not being ova jealousness, dat is now obsession. "

I found your comment along with many others to be very interesting. when my hubby and I first got married, we hadn't known each other very long at all. he made a lot of off the wall comments and questions in the beginning that seemed very strange at the time. As I got to know him better I came to understand why he made those questions and comments, all except one. He told me, quite randomly one day, that "everybody has a little bit of jealousy in them"

He has been so wonderful to me and shows me so much love, and has done nothing to make me believe he has actually cheated on me, but lately I've been finding flirtatious messages, links to dating sites, and proclamations of singleness online. I absolutely blew up at him about one thing I found and he then called me "obsessed". The last message I found I decided I didn't care anymore. I didn't even acknowledge I had seen it and acted as though nothing was wrong. Later that day, and all that weekend he kept asking if I was ok. Was I mad at him. He was sorry if he did anything wrong. Is there anything on my mind.

I've grown to know my hubby as a METICULOUSLY privite person. He NEVER leaves his facebook or email or browsing history open. So I now I'm starting to wonder if he is actually setting these messages up for me to find and expecting my jealousy, and therefore the inspiration behind his jealousy comment at the start of our marriage. He actually seemed disappointed that I didn't get upset over this last incident

But to answer the question, Jealousy is normal, but I don't believe it is healthy to a relationship, ESPECIALLY if your partner is deliberately trying to make you jealous. I was actually ready to leave my husband over these issues, to which he tried to tell me that I never loved him if I could leave so easily. I believe a healthy, loving relationship should be built on trust, and that you or your partner shouldn't have to get jealous because you trust each other to be faithful.
Re: Is Jealousy Normal In A Relationship? by Mynd44: 2:00am On Jan 26, 2012
I don't get jealous. Perhaps I do and I unconsciously suppress it, I don't know but I just don't get jealous
Re: Is Jealousy Normal In A Relationship? by dasparrow: 5:45am On Jan 26, 2012
dtanigwe:

"mrprestige (m)
  Re: Is Jealousy Normal In A Relationship?
« #6 on: Yesterday at 04:06:16 PM » 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Any relationship without  jealousy is not a gud one, but not being ova jealousness, dat is now obsession. "

I found your comment along with many others to be very interesting. when my hubby and I first got married, we hadn't known each other very long at all. he made a lot of off the wall comments and questions in the beginning that seemed very strange at the time. As I got to know him better I came to understand why he made those questions and comments, all except one. He told me, quite randomly one day, that "everybody has a little bit of jealousy in them"

He has been so wonderful to me and shows me so much love, and has done nothing to make me believe he has actually cheated on me, but lately I've been finding flirtatious messages, links to dating sites, and proclamations of singleness online. I absolutely blew up at him about one thing I found and he then called me "obsessed". The last message I found I decided I didn't care anymore. I didn't even acknowledge I had seen it and acted as though nothing was wrong. Later that day, and all that weekend he kept asking if I was ok. Was I mad at him. He was sorry if he did anything wrong. Is there anything on my mind.

I've grown to know my hubby as a METICULOUSLY privite person. He NEVER leaves his facebook or email or browsing history open. So I now I'm starting to wonder if he is actually setting these messages up for me to find and expecting my jealousy, and therefore the inspiration behind his jealousy comment at the start of our marriage. He actually seemed disappointed that I didn't get upset over this last incident

But to answer the question, Jealousy is normal, but I don't believe it is healthy to a relationship, ESPECIALLY if your partner is deliberately trying to make you jealous. I was actually ready to leave my husband over these issues, to which he tried to tell me that I never loved him if I could leave so easily. I believe a healthy, loving relationship should be built on trust, and that you or your partner shouldn't have to get jealous because you trust each other to be faithful.

I agree with your post especially the last paragraph.
Re: Is Jealousy Normal In A Relationship? by queensmith: 8:37am On Jan 26, 2012
I dont think so. I dunno where my own jealous streak comes from. I think its a peer thing. Im getting rid of it ,my man isnt bothered and seems to trust me so i should be the same.
Jealousy is only a problem because there is no trust. Your partner should never make you feel jealous of anything.
Re: Is Jealousy Normal In A Relationship? by belomada(m): 12:14pm On Jan 26, 2012
Yea!! but to some xtend,
Re: Is Jealousy Normal In A Relationship? by born2boink(m): 12:31pm On Jan 26, 2012
What do you expect from guy who bought a car or spent all his account balance on a lady and you don't expect such guy you jealous

I don't get jealous if I dey Bleep punnani without spending much
Re: Is Jealousy Normal In A Relationship? by Mynd44: 7:39pm On Jan 26, 2012
Barr. Gene:

I am very jealous of my wife because i Love her.
If you love her so much, then you should trust her to make her own decisions.a. Being jealous solves noting
Re: Is Jealousy Normal In A Relationship? by Apheknoko(m): 12:39pm On Jan 27, 2012
I once had a girl that we will quarrel everyday because she says i dint love her all because she feels am not jealous of her. i think it spices up the love thing somehow.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Touching Story How Mike Bamiloye Of Mount Zion Met Wife Gloria Bamiloye / Your Birth Month Determine Your Beauty. "Choose Your Birth Month. / True Or False Game

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.