Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,320 members, 7,815,617 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:20 PM

Nairalanders: How Do You React When Your Car Is Hit? - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Nairalanders: How Do You React When Your Car Is Hit? (10130 Views)

Urgent Help Needed My Car Is Missing / What To Do If Your Car Is Stuck In Mud / My Car Is Consuming Water At A Rapid Rate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairalanders: How Do You React When Your Car Is Hit? by fredoooooo: 11:33am On Jun 15, 2012
grin grin grin gobe sele
Re: Nairalanders: How Do You React When Your Car Is Hit? by Nobody: 11:35am On Jun 15, 2012
valicious1: How many nairalanders have cars grin grin. As for me, once my car is hit i first peep into d other car 2 knw weda na military or policemen, if none of the above, i make sure i shift my car in such a way dat am obstructing traffic so to attract crowd. Aftar dat na war
grin grin grin
Re: Nairalanders: How Do You React When Your Car Is Hit? by blank(f): 11:38am On Jun 15, 2012
captalex:
At 6 months you could still fit through the boot,I salute your husband.

Why not? An SUV has plenty space to fit in.
Re: Nairalanders: How Do You React When Your Car Is Hit? by naylove(m): 11:42am On Jun 15, 2012
Driving towards Oregun one Saturday afternoon.after making a turn by Daystar church.One black G class mercedes benz abruptly matched its brakes upon spotting their intended destination which am guessing they didnt know before.i was able to slow down considerably without touching the car but suddenly i heard Gboolaaaga. han han what happen. one foolish bus that must have been speeding from the ojota axis towards Oregun rammed into me from behind and screeching me all the way to hit the G class benz.

Instanta, MY BONNET popped open, the a/c stopped working, the engine was making a funny croaky sound. I had to turn off the engine. Before doing all of these,i was first dazed for about 30 seconds. when i composed myself , i got down from the car and ordered the bus that hit me from behind to park. while i fully assessed the damage done to my car.After this guy parked his bus, I went to meet the man driving the G-class(one clean elderly man). Just as I was talking to the man, I was one Lastma official approach the bus that hit me from behind and immediately ordered that bus driver to go as his bus was not damaged in anyway, when i realised this i ran after the bus but the sharp driver don run go ( coz i for use him no blow whistle that day. So I was left with the G class man. I speak oyinbo tire that day. For once I appreciated the fact that I could speak english which i use abuse the man no be small but in an indirect way. Long story short , the man accuse me sa na my fault and i say na him fault. Anyway I sha no let am go the party wey him wan attend. I delayed him for close to 2 hours on the ground that he must fix my car as it was his action that led to the bashing from behind by the foolish bus driver.( the lastma guy don return to dey control traffic but i did get back to the guy later on) The man also insisted that I fix his car also since I was the one who bashed him from the rear. I quote law die even if I no be lawyer. I refused his proposition outrightly. After realizing we were getting no where. I called off my schedule and promised that this man must repair my car. we looked for a mechanic who said he'll fix the car for 8,000 naira. but on looking at the damages, i knew it would take like 5 times that amount to fix the car. this story is boring even me. long and short of the matter, the yeye G class man eventually offered to pay 5 grand after i vexed and told him to go free that he go see repercussion of his action. i collected his 5k and left him alone. I called my mechanic who came and somehow sha drove the car away. i sort one of the guys that helped me with 1k . in fact ended up spending about 60 grand to fix the car.
I just wish people would be considerate of other road users. now whe i drive i dont move too close to the vehicle in my from just in case of another incasity.
as for the lastma guy, he was a most unreasonable man to the core. even the police man working with him try tell am say him no suppose even tell any of the parties to go. mean while me dey try look the name on his shirt to see if i could report him, I saw his names as Ogunronbi M. the idiotic man use use him mouth tell me say na Micheal the M stand for..I vex no be small that day. and i swear say if i catch any lastma guy tell me nonsense as long as i no break the traffic law in any way. him go hear am.

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders: How Do You React When Your Car Is Hit? by donigspain(m): 11:56am On Jun 15, 2012
^^^ GBAGUAN (100X)

»»fainted after reading««

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders: How Do You React When Your Car Is Hit? by Nobody: 12:00pm On Jun 15, 2012
as long as its money involved and not live, I'll let it go. my whole side glass was once broken by a careless taxi driver who started begging afterworth. I let him go without taking a dime and fix my car.
Re: Nairalanders: How Do You React When Your Car Is Hit? by 30secs(m): 12:09pm On Jun 15, 2012
mitobiju: stop my engine, rush out of the car,stand in front of the car that brush me n order the driver to come down. If its an okada,i wil just remove his key n grammar starts.
na the kind topic wey I dy lyk be dis... Biko pple, kip the replies coming. I don laff tire! grin
Re: Nairalanders: How Do You React When Your Car Is Hit? by 30secs(m): 12:13pm On Jun 15, 2012
donigspain: ^^^ GBAGUAN (100X)

»»fainted after reading««
the story made sense jor... Yeye pesin lyk u
Re: Nairalanders: How Do You React When Your Car Is Hit? by gulfer: 12:14pm On Jun 15, 2012
Another Okija:

[img]http:///gallery/d/198743-1/Ghetto-metal-pipe-fight.gif?[/img]
This is hilarious! grin grin grin grin
Re: Nairalanders: How Do You React When Your Car Is Hit? by shadrach77: 12:21pm On Jun 15, 2012
Re: Nairalanders: How Do You React When Your Car Is Hit? by donigspain(m): 12:23pm On Jun 15, 2012
30secs: the story made sense jor... Yeye pesin lyk u
GBAGUAN (1000000X)
»»grew more confident after reading««
Re: Nairalanders: How Do You React When Your Car Is Hit? by Nobody: 12:24pm On Jun 15, 2012
[YAAAWWWWWWWWWNNNN] I guess the next topic to make front page will be " How do U wipe yo a$$ when U take a dump"

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders: How Do You React When Your Car Is Hit? by Nobody: 12:34pm On Jun 15, 2012
"" My car ,No this cant be my car, probably the president's car"""
Re: Nairalanders: How Do You React When Your Car Is Hit? by Nobody: 12:36pm On Jun 15, 2012
gulfer: This is hilarious! grin grin grin grin

This guy is a Bad Poster, i want to see after the whipping and grab her what she will do to her cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders: How Do You React When Your Car Is Hit? by stupor(m): 12:37pm On Jun 15, 2012
I'll just smile and wave my hands !

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders: How Do You React When Your Car Is Hit? by Nobody: 12:39pm On Jun 15, 2012
Another Okija:

[img]http:///gallery/d/198743-1/Ghetto-metal-pipe-fight.gif?[/img]

hahahahhahahahahahaha
Re: Nairalanders: How Do You React When Your Car Is Hit? by 30secs(m): 12:50pm On Jun 15, 2012
donigspain:
GBAGUAN (1000000X)
»»grew more confident after reading««
doginspain? Ok, I undastand nw
Re: Nairalanders: How Do You React When Your Car Is Hit? by mannathana: 12:54pm On Jun 15, 2012
I will settle with the person amicably.
Re: Nairalanders: How Do You React When Your Car Is Hit? by freecocoa(f): 12:55pm On Jun 15, 2012
Museni: This reminds me of the keke man that smashed my car... We(my friends and i) were coming back 4rm a party wen it happened, omo come see beatin wey d man received frm ma friends(set of drunk guys coming back from a party), although i paid 8500NGN to fix it, i still feel like beating up d man again... He was not even sorry b4 d beating( but sure he was afta )
Are you sure you are not the one who bashed into the keke man and then intimidated him? Cos you were prolly DUI.
Re: Nairalanders: How Do You React When Your Car Is Hit? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 1:11pm On Jun 15, 2012
naylove: Driving towards Oregun one Saturday afternoon.after making a turn by Daystar church.One black G class mercedes benz abruptly matched its brakes upon spotting their intended destination which am guessing they didnt know before.i was able to slow down considerably without touching the car but suddenly i heard Gboolaaaga. han han what happen. one foolish bus that must have been speeding from the ojota axis towards Oregun rammed into me from behind and screeching me all the way to hit the G class benz.

Instanta, MY BONNET popped open, the a/c stopped working, the engine was making a funny croaky sound. I had to turn off the engine. Before doing all of these,i was first dazed for about 30 seconds. when i composed myself , i got down from the car and ordered the bus that hit me from behind to park. while i fully assessed the damage done to my car.After this guy parked his bus, I went to meet the man driving the G-class(one clean elderly man). Just as I was talking to the man, I was one Lastma official approach the bus that hit me from behind and immediately ordered that bus driver to go as his bus was not damaged in anyway, when i realised this i ran after the bus but the sharp driver don run go ( coz i for use him no blow whistle that day. So I was left with the G class man. I speak oyinbo tire that day. For once I appreciated the fact that I could speak english which i use abuse the man no be small but in an indirect way. Long story short , the man accuse me sa na my fault and i say na him fault. Anyway I sha no let am go the party wey him wan attend. I delayed him for close to 2 hours on the ground that he must fix my car as it was his action that led to the bashing from behind by the foolish bus driver.( the lastma guy don return to dey control traffic but i did get back to the guy later on) The man also insisted that I fix his car also since I was the one who bashed him from the rear. I quote law die even if I no be lawyer. I refused his proposition outrightly. After realizing we were getting no where. I called off my schedule and promised that this man must repair my car. we looked for a mechanic who said he'll fix the car for 8,000 naira. but on looking at the damages, i knew it would take like 5 times that amount to fix the car. this story is boring even me. long and short of the matter, the yeye G class man eventually offered to pay 5 grand after i vexed and told him to go free that he go see repercussion of his action. i collected his 5k and left him alone. I called my mechanic who came and somehow sha drove the car away. i sort one of the guys that helped me with 1k . in fact ended up spending about 60 grand to fix the car.
I just wish people would be considerate of other road users. now whe i drive i dont move too close to the vehicle in my from just in case of another incasity.
as for the lastma guy, he was a most unreasonable man to the core. even the police man working with him try tell am say him no suppose even tell any of the parties to go. mean while me dey try look the name on his shirt to see if i could report him, I saw his names as Ogunronbi M. the idiotic man use use him mouth tell me say na Micheal the M stand for..I vex no be small that day. and i swear say if i catch any lastma guy tell me nonsense as long as i no break the traffic law in any way. him go hear am.

WTF!! you too.
Re: Nairalanders: How Do You React When Your Car Is Hit? by RuuDie(m): 1:17pm On Jun 15, 2012
Twice when I was learning I scratched other vehicles and was let go scot-free, so now I reciprocate no matter the extent of the damage.
Haven't had any major run-ins of note though, so I just let it slide. . .don't move a muscle, don't even bother to come down and survey the damage as long as the engine is still running and the car will move, sometimes it leaves the other party bewildered - especially when they'd have stopped, standing there in the middle of the road waiting for a blitzkrieg. Always get funny stares from other motorists whenever this happens.
Re: Nairalanders: How Do You React When Your Car Is Hit? by stagger: 1:29pm On Jun 15, 2012
As a rule, I don't get into such altercations anymore for several reasons.

1) I have witnessed bike men beat a car owner and set him ablaze in PH!

2) A dude almost stabbed me with a screw driver. In my madness, I rushed to a nearby army base and attempted to grab a rifle from one of the soldiers who was my friend to go back and finish the job. As I think about this now, I really wonder if I would not be in prison now instead of writing this here as a result of my crazed response.

3) Another case I witnessed in Wuse. A guy got out of his jeep just scratched by one of those "araba" guys, dragged the driver down and began to beat him. Six other boss drivers stopped, methodically started smashing all the guys windscreens with a fire extinguisher, then began to douse the jeep with petrol. The conductors now joined the other driver and they began to beat this chubby jeep owner with anything they could see. When the guy now saw that his life and car were in real danger (police just stood one side and were watching the free cinema show), he jumped into his now battered jeep and took off. Some of the bus drivers entered their buses and began to chase the guy. I don't know how the whole thing ended.

Today, I do not argue with anyone. Thankfully, I have never had any brush with anyone since; thank God.

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders: How Do You React When Your Car Is Hit? by Nobody: 1:45pm On Jun 15, 2012
The first time someone knocked my car, I felt the impact. My aunt was with me, the lady was like "leave her, she's just a college student". WTF? So?
Luckily there was no dent or scratch.

Second time, I was getting out of the library parking lot. I ws thinking " this person better have car insurance". But out came an old lady. This time there was a huge scratch but i couldn't do anything, didn't call the police.

Third time, this happened at WalMart parking lot. I was on the phone with my mommy dearest, I looked both ways and I swear I saw NOTHING. I was smashed into, but it appeared as if I smashed the person from behind angry, I was thinking "Omfg, I'm screwed" cool Dude/chick called the police before I even got out of the car. I was freaking out because I thought my mom would freak out on me, but thankfully she was more calm and more worried about my safety. I ofcourse got the ticket. If I knew that insurance wouldn't have covered the male driver (since his name wasn't on her insurance), I would have tatafo to the police. grin I'm not even sure if the insurance company fixed that person's car, I left them 2weeks after the incident.
Re: Nairalanders: How Do You React When Your Car Is Hit? by JeSoul(f): 1:47pm On Jun 15, 2012
Haha, funny topic. Here in the US you can hardly 'escape' after hitting someone's car so people are generally more civil and simply exchange insurance information - as long as there are no injuries which will lead to the arrival of the police & ambulance.

Around 1:30 am one night dropping off a friend after a concert we'd had at our university, we stopped to use the ATM. My husband (boyfriend at the time) is sitting in front & my friend is in the back. As I'm about to exit the parking lot this car comes racing out of nowhere in the wrong lane also trying to exit the lot, and the front end of my car hit the front end of his, diagonally. I look around to make sure my passengers are okay, and then proceed to come out and check on the other driver. Soon as I exit the ideeiot is screaming all kinds of obsenities at me, making it out to be my fault when he's clearly in the wrong lane & speeding in a parking lot and to make it worse he's drunk...

Mehn lol...completely forgetting that I just came from a christian concert I unleashed a fury on him that I didn't even know I possessed. I got all up in his face and started shouting, "are you insane?" "you were driving in the wrong lane and your car is still in the wrong lane or are you blind?" "drunkard" "how dare you speak to me like that?" "are you crazy" "is it because I'm black & a woman you think you can intimidate me?" "oh hell no" "you're in for one hell of a fight you fool" "I'm calling the police and we'll see who spends the night in jail cos you're obviously driving drunk" "fool" "ideeott" "you're messing with the wrong person" cheesy cheesy cheesy

My husband & friend were stunned lol. Having never seen relatively quiet me explode like that. The guy himself went silent and his friends, 3 of them who were also in the car, came over and started apologizing for him & begging me. I no gree, I continued to yell at the guy and soon enough he just sat back down inside his car lol. Fortunately, my honda (insert props here for solid hondas) at the time was undamaged but his car looked bad, front bumper was crushed and fallen off and the engine was leaking fluid, it would need to be towed in that condition. I calmed down and decided to let it go at the pleading of my hubby & friend, exchanged info and drove off. Looking back I could've reacted differently, but I don't regret one second of it lol.
Re: Nairalanders: How Do You React When Your Car Is Hit? by Nobody: 1:49pm On Jun 15, 2012
JeSoul: Haha, funny topic. Here in the US you can hardly 'escape' after hitting someone's car so people are generally more civil and simply exchange insurance information - as long as there are no injuries which will lead to the arrival of the police & ambulance.

Around 1:30 am one night dropping off a friend after a concert we'd had at our university, we stopped to use the ATM. My husband (boyfriend at the time) is sitting in front & my friend is in the back. As I'm about to exit the parking lot this car comes racing out of nowhere in the wrong lane also trying to exit the lot, and the front end of my car hit the front end of his, diagonally. I look around to make sure my passengers are okay, and then proceed to come out and check on the other driver. Soon as I exit the idiot is screaming all kinds of obsenities at me, making it out to be my fault when he's clearly in the wrong lane & speeding in a parking lot and to make it worse he's drunk...

Mehn lol...completely forgetting that I just came from a christian concert I unleashed a fury on him that I didn't even know I possessed. I got all up in his face and started shouting, "are you insane?" "you were driving in the wrong lane and your car is still in the wrong lane or are you blind?" "drunkard" "how dare you speak to me like that?" "are you crazy" "is it because I'm black & a woman you think you can intimidate me?" "oh hell no" "you're in for one hell of a fight you fool" "I'm calling the police and we'll see who spends the night in jail cos you're obviously driving drunk" "fool" "idiot" "you're messing with the wrong person" cheesy cheesy cheesy

My husband & friend were stunned lol. Having never seen relatively quiet me explode like that. The guy himself went silent and his friends, 3 of them who were also in the car, came over and started apologizing for him & begging me. I no gree, I continued to yell at the guy and soon enough he just sat back down inside his car lol. Fortunately, my honda (insert props here for solid hondas) at the time was undamaged but his car looked bad, front bumper was crushed and fallen off and the engine was leaking fluid, it would need to be towed in that condition. I calmed down and decided to let it go at the pleading of my hubby & friend, exchanged info and drove off. Looking back I could've reacted differently, but I don't regret one second of it lol.

LOL Were they serving liquor in that concert? wink cheesy
Re: Nairalanders: How Do You React When Your Car Is Hit? by JeSoul(f): 1:52pm On Jun 15, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

LOL Were they serving liquor in that concert? wink cheesy
grin grin grin my sister I went beserk. Soon as I suspected/detected a bit of racist behavior from his white behind all bets were off. I cannot stand fools like that.
Re: Nairalanders: How Do You React When Your Car Is Hit? by Nobody: 1:53pm On Jun 15, 2012
JeSoul: grin grin grin my sister I went beserk. Soon as I suspected/detected a bit of racist behavior from his white behind all bets were off. I cannot stand fools like that.

LOL I understand. trust me cheesy
Re: Nairalanders: How Do You React When Your Car Is Hit? by mechanicaldummie(m): 2:03pm On Jun 15, 2012
Mayday, Mayday, I'm Hit, I'm been hit!!! ...lol
Re: Nairalanders: How Do You React When Your Car Is Hit? by Mentaremix(m): 2:12pm On Jun 15, 2012
Is it that Nigerians are unaware and ignorant about Comprehensive Insurance Cover.When you have insurance policy you don't have to go about displaying ur karate expertise or disgracing yourself in the public!
Re: Nairalanders: How Do You React When Your Car Is Hit? by coalcoal1(m): 2:25pm On Jun 15, 2012
toria1980: though never fall victim cos am a learner,
but here, drivers get out of their car and exchange insurance number

where are u, pls? am quite sure u are not talking about nigeria
Re: Nairalanders: How Do You React When Your Car Is Hit? by Pakavy(m): 2:44pm On Jun 15, 2012
sexkillz: If i have a car to sell, i'll advertise it! Are we no longer allowed to have discussions related to cars and driving anymore? Is the auto section all about selling cars now?
bro we r waiting 4 d season 5 of dat ur story at d oda end o
Re: Nairalanders: How Do You React When Your Car Is Hit? by ayobase(m): 2:56pm On Jun 15, 2012
190: Good thing is God has been on my side so often that i hardly have accidents

Thanks to BABA GOD and thanks for my BRAND OF MERCEDEZ which i drive cheesy

Not accident, but scratch.
So, u ever scratch before abi.
What brand od MB....190?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Using UK Driving Licence In Nigeria. / Petrol Vs. Diesel: What Engine To Go For? / Signs To Note When Your Brakes Need Servicing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.