Stats: 3,152,395 members, 7,815,851 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:27 PM

Nairalanders: How Do You React When Your Car Is Hit? - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Nairalanders: How Do You React When Your Car Is Hit? (10133 Views)

Urgent Help Needed My Car Is Missing / What To Do If Your Car Is Stuck In Mud / My Car Is Consuming Water At A Rapid Rate (2) (3) (4)

Re: Nairalanders: How Do You React When Your Car Is Hit? by ayobase(m): 2:58pm On Jun 15, 2012
charlesm91: depends sha.if the car dat hit urs aint too flashy lyk urs,den ders tendency for u to outburst but if both cars are on same class,we handle it lyk gentlemen.bt its an okada or danfo,all hell'gon let loose on him cos the default mentality is dat it'll always be the okada man fault
Re: Nairalanders: How Do You React When Your Car Is Hit? by Pakavy(m): 2:59pm On Jun 15, 2012
this happend 2 me about 3weeks ago,an uncle of mine who works wit d prisons service got a loan of a brand new shanghai englon car(na d 1st tym i c dat kind car),i drove him 4rm zaria 2 taraba without any wahala,we came bak 2 zaria 4 days later,took d car 2 a car wash som few hrs afta our arrival 4rm taraba,coming bak home just around p.z i got hit by an okada man 4rm behind.olguys i park 4 middle of road block road.i came out of d car 2 c d damage,it was just a paint scratch dat hydraulic culd wipe,bt i thot i shul frighten d mumu dude,pple came and pleaded wit me 2 move my car so odaz culd pass.as me ma na mumu i just tell d oda mumu 2 park witout removing d keys 2 his byk.nna na so my guy tear b4 i even start my car.
Re: Nairalanders: How Do You React When Your Car Is Hit? by DisGuy: 3:05pm On Jun 15, 2012
SOO ALL THESE GRAMMAR WEY UNA DEY BLOW

SO UNA NO GET INSURANCE?

If you can use 60k to repair your car, surely you can afford insurance na!
Re: Nairalanders: How Do You React When Your Car Is Hit? by Nobody: 3:19pm On Jun 15, 2012
Dis Guy: SOO ALL THESE GRAMMAR WEY UNA DEY BLOW

SO UNA NO GET INSURANCE?

If you can use 60k to repair your car, surely you can afford insurance na!
I don't think you should attack the dude, i fink the Big Man using the G-Class would have an insurance that can cover a 3rd party.. Cuz a full premium insurance is liable to cover the vehicle of the Victim as well. Considering the fact that he his using a Ride that is worth over N12Million. smiley
Re: Nairalanders: How Do You React When Your Car Is Hit? by DisGuy: 3:36pm On Jun 15, 2012
Ijogz K: I don't think you should attack the dude, i fink the Big Man using the G-Class would have an insurance that can cover a 3rd party.. Cuz a full premium insurance is liable to cover the vehicle of the Victim as well. Considering the fact that he his using a Ride that is worth over N12Million. smiley

thats what im saying, no need for big grammar, ask the G man to provide his insurance details

btw im not attacking the dude
Re: Nairalanders: How Do You React When Your Car Is Hit? by Abujafood: 3:48pm On Jun 15, 2012
@OP

It depends, Yesterday I was hit twice first in the afternoon at Wuse 2 by the side by one unruly guy driving a honda accord with learner sign on it. We argued and cursed each other till the guy got tired and drove off to pick a lady (maybe he was watching her all along and didn't want to miss her), then later at night at Jabi, a Keke Napep hit me from behind and made a scraping mark on my rear bumper. I let it go because there was no serious damage done. But if the damage was unbearable I'll make sure that man fixes my car before I let him off.
Re: Nairalanders: How Do You React When Your Car Is Hit? by Nobody: 3:54pm On Jun 15, 2012
freecocoa: Are you sure you are not the one who bashed into the keke man and then intimidated him? Cos you were prolly DUI.

no, although i drank, i wasn't drunk... During d party i was careful enof, cos i knew i was goin to drive home( i love my car)...
Re: Nairalanders: How Do You React When Your Car Is Hit? by Cupidkc(m): 4:01pm On Jun 15, 2012
valicious1: How many nairalanders have cars grin grin. As for me, once my car is hit i first peep into d other car 2 knw weda na military or policemen, if none of the above, i make sure i shift my car in such a way dat am obstructing traffic so to attract crowd. Aftar dat na war
Lol...easy o!
Re: Nairalanders: How Do You React When Your Car Is Hit? by chinig(m): 4:05pm On Jun 15, 2012
Landing five dirty slap Ãήϑ some jabbing first,then.....
Re: Nairalanders: How Do You React When Your Car Is Hit? by DisGuy: 4:05pm On Jun 15, 2012
what i want to know is this

After cursing each other out, who pays for the damage, aand how do you determine how much the repair cost is ?
Re: Nairalanders: How Do You React When Your Car Is Hit? by Nobody: 4:07pm On Jun 15, 2012
i think the best thing to do when you are hit is just to take it calm, access the dent on your car, if its not to much, dont provoke any unwarranted situation, dont get annoyed, just warn the other fellow to be more careful next time.... walk away.. you get home and be proud you didnt take revenge.... and the defaulter will always remember you for good. one good turn deserves another anyway. my submission. PEACE wink smiley
Re: Nairalanders: How Do You React When Your Car Is Hit? by emsquare(m): 4:09pm On Jun 15, 2012
charlesm91: depends sha.if the car dat hit urs aint too flashy lyk urs,den ders tendency for u to outburst but if both cars are on same class,we handle it lyk gentlemen.bt its an okada or danfo,all hell'gon let loose on him cos the default mentality is dat it'll always be the okada man fault

LOL!
Re: Nairalanders: How Do You React When Your Car Is Hit? by TheMatrix3: 4:14pm On Jun 15, 2012
Depends on were. At Lag i was once scratched by a Bus driver and he told me to move my nonsense car out of his way (he was completely at fault !) all i did was clear and waited for him, then we settled it like gentle men (he said "oga abeg no vex, na traffic, and i meltedgrin)
The oda time in the south, i was hit by a driver (he was actually driving his ogas jeep). I was really mad but seeing he couldn't do anytin i just threatened and harrased him and let him walk away, refusing the 1k he offered to change my light. In oda words i never really had the balls to take it beyond a few trading words and threats... I even collected phone number from one once, and when I called him later in the day, the guy gave me the shunning of my life grin grin grin (WTF was I expecting )
Re: Nairalanders: How Do You React When Your Car Is Hit? by TheMatrix3: 4:17pm On Jun 15, 2012
austengold: i think the best thing to do when you are hit is just to take it calm, access the dent on your car, if its not to much, dont provoke any unwarranted situation, dont get annoyed, just warn the other fellow to be more careful next time.... walk away.. you get home and be proud you didnt take revenge.... and the defaulter will always remember you for good. one good turn deserves another anyway. my submission. PEACE wink smiley

I love this... Not always a solution tho cos some Bus drivers will accuse you and ask you to pay for their damage tongue
Re: Nairalanders: How Do You React When Your Car Is Hit? by femionasan(m): 4:59pm On Jun 15, 2012
Have a family friend who was hit by a bus driver somewhere in Ojota, he doesnt talk much. He sat in the car, lit a stick of Rothmans, stepped out opened his trunk took out a baseball bat smashed both side mirrors, smashed the headlamps and made sure the bulbs were completely broken cos it was dark at the time and walked back into his car. Not one person uttered a word and then he drove off.
Re: Nairalanders: How Do You React When Your Car Is Hit? by donigspain(m): 4:59pm On Jun 15, 2012
30secs: doginspain? Ok, I undastand nw

The '30 seconds' man... Am sure that's the name she calls you.
Re: Nairalanders: How Do You React When Your Car Is Hit? by olajide8(m): 6:02pm On Jun 15, 2012
The first thing that drops out of my mouth is I.d..iiiiiiiiot, then I shout more cause a traffic scene, look at my car and then drive off..
Re: Nairalanders: How Do You React When Your Car Is Hit? by MohammedAG1: 6:29pm On Jun 15, 2012
U first of all give tanx 2 Allah when no body has injured, then u now find out d cause by being patience enough 2 listen 2 d person dat hit ur car and wat would come out 4rm his/ her mouth would determine ur reaction
Re: Nairalanders: How Do You React When Your Car Is Hit? by Nobody: 8:08pm On Jun 15, 2012
All the accident wey happen outside naija no dey sweet.
Naija accident dey sweet to narrate in hind sight.
Re: Nairalanders: How Do You React When Your Car Is Hit? by phadat(m): 10:41pm On Jun 15, 2012
I was in benin one evening around ringroad my car suddenly went off I parked and was just coming down to see what went wrong before I knew it one old 504 ran into my car from behind and I was ready to start the shouting stuff but the driver just came down and 'oga no just talk oh cos na brake my motor fail so just begin tank god 'he got near me and behold he was dead drunk yours truly checked my battery terminal started my car again and drove off what will I profit frm beating the man up and what happens when the man faints me I no wan wahala if na small dent wey no go cost past 2k I go leave the pesin chikena!!!
Re: Nairalanders: How Do You React When Your Car Is Hit? by Starrylady(f): 11:43pm On Jun 15, 2012
Lmao!!!!!..try hit yoruba man car,mk u c wetin go happn! If oduduwa no cm dwn cm beg am... Den b ready 2 commit homocide! Na dem no get power bt dem lyk trbl! Moderator abeg no barr me o!
Re: Nairalanders: How Do You React When Your Car Is Hit? by DisGuy: 11:50pm On Jun 15, 2012
Starrylady: Lmao!!!!!..try hit yoruba man car,[/b]mk u c wetin go happn! If oduduwa no cm dwn cm beg am... Den b ready 2 commit homocide! Na [b]dem no get power bt dem lyk trbl! Moderator abeg no barr me o!

you hit someone's car then you accuse them of liking trouble undecided
Re: Nairalanders: How Do You React When Your Car Is Hit? by Dermie: 8:23am On Jun 16, 2012
Ekans: I will bash the offenders car back and i guess after that we are even.
Ode
Re: Nairalanders: How Do You React When Your Car Is Hit? by Nobody: 8:41am On Jun 16, 2012
Dis Guy:

Can you please translate her post for us so that we too may understand like you?
Re: Nairalanders: How Do You React When Your Car Is Hit? by Nobody: 10:55am On Jun 16, 2012
I simply turn on my hazard, leave the car right there in the middle of the road and I call the Police, I wouldn't even utter a word to the other driver involved. My car has been hit twice this year from behind and all these guys have to tell you is that they have comprehensive insurance! That's when I'm abroad but if you hit my car in Nigeria, I don't care if you are 99years, we go fight world war, I don't believe in any insurance as far as Naija is concerned so you pay me right there or I move your car with me!!!
Re: Nairalanders: How Do You React When Your Car Is Hit? by iyatrustee(f): 11:02am On Jun 16, 2012
sexkillz exercising his right as mod! thread opened in january, 3pple commented embarassed my guy become moderator and gbam! d topic land for frontpage cheesy
Re: Nairalanders: How Do You React When Your Car Is Hit? by ayobase(m): 11:39am On Jun 16, 2012
Starrylady: Lmao!!!!!..try hit yoruba man car,mk u c wetin go happn! If oduduwa no cm dwn cm beg am... Den b ready 2 commit homocide! Na dem no get power bt dem lyk trbl! Moderator abeg no barr me o!

U r new, and about turning a decent thread into tribal war!
Re: Nairalanders: How Do You React When Your Car Is Hit? by ayobase(m): 11:40am On Jun 16, 2012
Dis Guy:

Re: Nairalanders: How Do You React When Your Car Is Hit? by ayobase(m): 11:41am On Jun 16, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Can you please translate her post for us so that we too may understand like you?

u dey mind dat confusionist?
Re: Nairalanders: How Do You React When Your Car Is Hit? by ayobase(m): 11:42am On Jun 16, 2012
femionasan: Have a family friend who was hit by a bus driver somewhere in Ojota, he doesnt talk much. He sat in the car, lit a stick of Rothmans, stepped out opened his trunk took out a baseball bat smashed both side mirrors, smashed the headlamps and made sure the bulbs were completely broken cos it was dark at the time and walked back into his car. Not one person uttered a word and then he drove off.

I love this!
Actor's style!
Re: Nairalanders: How Do You React When Your Car Is Hit? by lexyman(m): 12:39pm On Jun 16, 2012
My experience was funny ! But if u had the same encounter what will u do? Back in year 2003 , I was driving along ojuelegba in a very serious traffic ! A bumper to bumper kind of traffic , i signaled to the right , telling the d bus driver next to me that I will be entering the lane , all I could hear from him was that (to ba wole ma ba imu je) meaning don"nt dare entering d lane or else I will damage ur car , I thought it was a joke .... I dared him , only for him to badly dent my right fender and broke the trafficator .... I was so furious and ready to make trouble with the mad driver , but all I could find on the face of this horrible beast was a big scar and one of his eyes has gone blind ... I gently worked back to d car and drove off . .... The truth his , I had a serious rethink over my intention to take any action .... cos I don"nt really know where to start from.

Since then I don"nt dare commercial drivers , either with scar or without scar .... I Just let them go and try to be very cautious when driving ...
Re: Nairalanders: How Do You React When Your Car Is Hit? by Odunnu: 7:11pm On Jun 16, 2012
It was my dad who taught me to drive and he certified me a good driver but events happening around me lately is making some people think otherwise.
There was a week I fixed headlamps thrice all thanks to the Okada men specially anointed to knock them off. When they hit me ( I have never hit anybody) I sit in the car on reflex actually and refuse to move. Most times, I cause traffic jam and every where turns crazy with the horns and then someone/people usually comes to see the cause of traffic, and see a cutie pie crying in the car.lol. They fight my battles and I get justice. Lol.

Using UK Driving Licence In Nigeria. / Petrol Vs. Diesel: What Engine To Go For? / Signs To Note When Your Brakes Need Servicing