Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,473 members, 7,812,463 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:48 PM

Egyptian Sheikh Forbids Purchasing Chevrolets Because Logo Looks Like A Cross - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Egyptian Sheikh Forbids Purchasing Chevrolets Because Logo Looks Like A Cross (2370 Views)

7 Things The Bible Forbids, But We Do Anyway / The Bible Forbids Tattoos / Jesus Was Hung In A Tree - Not A Cross! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Egyptian Sheikh Forbids Purchasing Chevrolets Because Logo Looks Like A Cross by LagosShia: 3:46pm On Jan 27, 2012
mrmayor:

Ok. Assuming he was " Stalkified" why is the Egyptian Mullah issuing Fatwas against those who buy Chevrolet?

ask him grin

christians are deceptive bunch of confused people.

LagosShia why are you Muslims always angry? It can't just be a Nigerian thing, I've met Iraqi, French even the Black Muslims of Nation Of Islam in the Uk, it's always the same, simmering anger just waiting to explode. I just don't get it, why are you so angry at an article Frosbel did not write?
dont blame me jareh.i have being reading the bible too much.the thing dey scatter my head:

Psalms 139:19-22:
"Surely thou wilt slay the wicked, O God: Depart from me therefore, ye bloodthirsty men. For they speak against thee wickedly, And thine enemies take (thy name) in vain. Do not I hate them, O Jehovah, that hate thee? And am not I grieved with those that rise up against thee? I hate them with perfect hatred: They are become mine enemies."

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Egyptian Sheikh Forbids Purchasing Chevrolets Because Logo Looks Like A Cross by Nobody: 3:48pm On Jan 27, 2012
LagosShia:

ask him grin

christians are deceptive bunch of confused people.
dont blame me jareh.i have being reading the bible too much.the thing dey scatter my head:

Psalms 139:19-22:
"Surely thou wilt slay the wicked, O God: Depart from me therefore, ye bloodthirsty men. For they speak against thee wickedly, And thine enemies take (thy name) in vain. Do not I hate them, O Jehovah, that hate thee? And am not I grieved with those that rise up against thee? I hate them with perfect hatred: They are become mine enemies."

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Sure sounds like you and your Boko Haram brothers to me.

ye bloodthirsty men
Re: Egyptian Sheikh Forbids Purchasing Chevrolets Because Logo Looks Like A Cross by LagosShia: 3:56pm On Jan 27, 2012
frosbel:

Sure sounds like you and your Boko Haram brothers to me.

ye bloodthirsty men

so you mean boko haram too have started reading the bible?

chinekeh!!! grin grin grin grin

no wonder dem dey craze.
Re: Egyptian Sheikh Forbids Purchasing Chevrolets Because Logo Looks Like A Cross by mrmayor(m): 4:00pm On Jan 27, 2012
LagosShia:

ask him  grin

[size=14pt]Ask Who? The Egyptian Mullah who issued a Fatwa against Chevrolet?

Ask LagosShia and Jehovah Witnesses who says Jesus was Stalkified?[/size]

LagosShia:

ask him  grin

[size=14pt]You didn't answer the Kweshion, Why Are Muslims Always Always Angry?[/size]
Re: Egyptian Sheikh Forbids Purchasing Chevrolets Because Logo Looks Like A Cross by LagosShia: 4:06pm On Jan 27, 2012
mrmayor:

[size=14pt]Ask Who? The Egyptian Mullah who issued a Fatwa against Chevrolet?

Ask LagosShia and Jehovah Witnesses who says Jesus was Stalkified?[/size]

[size=14pt]You didn't answer the Kweshion, Why Are Muslims Always Always Angry?[/size]

why are you fighting me now?you people like fighting.why?!

i have answered you.i told you i have being reading the bible much these days and showed you a verse from psalms that is getting me high!!!
Re: Egyptian Sheikh Forbids Purchasing Chevrolets Because Logo Looks Like A Cross by mrmayor(m): 4:28pm On Jan 27, 2012
LagosShia:

why are you fighting me now?you people like fighting.why?!

I, my honourable self fight you? No Sir. I'm not holding up the candle for Frosbel or Christians either, they can do that themselves.
LagosShia, hardly a day goes by without hearing some mad news from the Muslim world, last night on CNN  it was Honour Killing case in Canada, where a Father,Mother, Brother killed half of their own in family all the name of Islamic Honour.

Why are Muslim willing to kill for the least mundane reason? sad
Re: Egyptian Sheikh Forbids Purchasing Chevrolets Because Logo Looks Like A Cross by LagosShia: 4:32pm On Jan 27, 2012
mrmayor:

I, my honourable self fight you? No Sir. I'm not holding up the candle for Frosbel or Christians either, they can do that themselves.
LagosShia, hardly a day goes by without hearing some mad news from the Muslim world, last night on CNN  it was Honour Killing case in Canada, where a Father,Mother, Brother killed half of their own in family all the name of Islamic Honour.

Why are Muslim willing to kill for the least mundane reason? sad

because the bible says so and also promotes "honor killing":
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-844089.0.html

any muslim who carry it out,is following his desires and worshipping his ego and pride.

in Islam "honor killing" is haram (forbidden).
Re: Egyptian Sheikh Forbids Purchasing Chevrolets Because Logo Looks Like A Cross by mrmayor(m): 4:38pm On Jan 27, 2012
[size=14pt]Typical example of Muslim killing for no reason
[/size]
By Associated Press, Friday, January 27, 3:37 AM

KINGSTON, Ontario — Evidence against three people accused of killing half their family over reasons of honor is “irrefutable,” a prosecutor told jurors Thursday in closing arguments.

Laurie Lacelle told the jury that Afghan-born Mohammad Shafia, 58, his wife Tooba Yahya, 42, and their son Hamed, 21, were responsible for planning and carrying out the murders of their four family members.

Comments
Weigh InCorrections?

She urged the jury to find all three guilty in what the prosecution has alleged was a quadruple honor killing of Shafia’s three daughters and his other wife in a polygamous relationship.

The parents and son, Hamed, have pleaded not guilty to four counts of murder and defense lawyers told the jury in closing arguments the evidence suggests the deaths were an accident.

The accused allegedly killed the daughters because they dishonored the family by defying its disciplinarian rules on dress, dating, socializing and going online. The fourth victim was Shafia’s first wife who was living with him and his second wife, Tooba Mohammad Yahya, 41, in Montreal. The polygamous relationship, if revealed, could have resulted in their deportation.

Police made a grisly discovery in the summer of 2009 in canal locks east of Toronto: In a submerged Nissan car were the bodies of three teenage sisters and a 52-year-old woman.

The prosecution alleges it was a premeditated murder, staged to look like an accident after it was carried out.

“Shafia, Tooba and Hamed had decided that there was a diseased limb on their family tree,” Lacelle said. “Their decision was to trim the diseased limb and prune the tree back to the good wood.”

But defense lawyers told the jury in closing arguments the evidence does indeed fit with the deaths being an accident. The court has heard evidence that it appears the four made no attempt to escape the car through an open window, and the bodies were found eerily suspended inside. Defense lawyer Peter Kemp suggested that’s plausible in an accident scenario.

Kemp has told the jury that there are too many unknowns to be able to convict the accused, saying the jury doesn’t know where or how the alleged murders happened.

Lacelle presented wire taps and cell phone records from the Shafia family in court. In one phone conversation, the father says his daughters “betrayed us immensely.”

The wiretaps, which capture Shafia spewing vitriol about his dead daughters, calling them treacherous and whores and invoking the devil to defecate on their graves, were a focal point of the trial.

But defense lawyers argued that at no point in the intercepts do the accused say they drowned the victims.

Fazil Javad, Shafia’s brother-in-law, said Shafia tried to enlist him in a plan to drown the oldest daughter.

Judge Robert Maranger will give the jury final instructions Friday. Closing arguments lasted well into the evening Thursday after a bomb threat earlier delayed proceedings. Police Constable Steve Koopman couldn’t say if the security threat was related to the Shafia trial.

The family had left Afghanistan in 1992 and lived in Pakistan, Australia and Dubai before settling in Canada in 2007. Shafia, a wealthy businessman, married Yahya because his first wife could not have children.

The months leading up to the deaths were not happy ones in the Shafia household, the court has heard. Zainab, the oldest at 19, was forbidden to attend school for a year because she had a young Pakistani-Canadian boyfriend, and she fled to a shelter, terrified of her father, the court was told.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/americas/closing-arguments-conclude-in-canadian-honor-killing-trial/2012/01/26/gIQAH4BDUQ_story.html
Re: Egyptian Sheikh Forbids Purchasing Chevrolets Because Logo Looks Like A Cross by Rich4god(m): 8:48am On Jan 28, 2012
When are we going to grow up. We gain nothing by bashing each other faith/religion. I felt so sick reading this thread even though we claim to be educated.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ex-RCCG Pastor, Bayo Akinjiyan Exposes Atrocities Of "Men Of God" (Video) / Is It Right For True Christian Ladies To Wear Padded Brazier (bra) / The Forces Of Yahweh Against Mother Earth Millions Of Years Back

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.