Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,915 members, 7,824,841 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 06:51 PM

Islamists Arrest A Muslim Father After Sons Convert To Christianity in Somalia - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islamists Arrest A Muslim Father After Sons Convert To Christianity in Somalia (1321 Views)

Abducted Muslim Children Forcefully Converted To Christianity In Edo Idp Camp. / 136 Christians Convert To Islam In Kwara State / Boko Haram Wants To Kill Me For Converting To Christianity”–Islamic Cleric’s Son (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Islamists Arrest A Muslim Father After Sons Convert To Christianity in Somalia by Nobody: 10:23pm On Jan 26, 2012
Washington, D.C. (January 25, 2012) – International Christian Concern (ICC) has learned that on January 14[b] Somali Islamists arrested a Muslim father after two of his teenage children converted to Christianity in Kismayo, Somalia. The two sons of Mo’alim Mohamud Aw-Omar converted to Christianity late last year. They fled their homes following their conversion.[/b]

Members of the radical Islamic group, al-Shabaab, accused Aw-Omar of “failing to raise his sons as good Muslims” because[b] “good Muslims cannot convert to Christianity.[/b]” Aw-Omar, who is still a Muslim, insisted that his sons have memorized the Qur’an, fasted and prayed regularly and therefore[b] he should not be accused of failing his duties.[/b]

According to sources on the ground, the Islamists have refused to release Aw-Omar until his two sons return to Kismayo. This is unlikely to happen because the teenagers will be killed if they return. According to the strict interpretation of the Islamic sharia law that Al-Shabaab follows, leaving Islam is a crime punishable by death. The law is based on the Hadith “…The Prophet of Allah said, ‘If somebody [a Muslim] discards his religion, kill him” Bukhari (52:260).

Radical Islamists have killed a number of Christian converts in Somalia. This is the first confirmed case of a parent being arrested for the conversion of children.

In a statement to ICC, a Somali Christian leader said, “This tactic (of arresting parents for conversion of children) is apparently intended to discourage Muslims from converting to Christianity since their Muslim parents could be held accountable for their conversion. [/b]The Somali Islamists [b]have previously tried other failed harsh tactics such as summary executions of converts to minimize the number of Muslims converting to Christianity. Please pray for the Somali Christians, especially those living in Islamist controlled areas in southern Somalia.”

ICC’s Regional Manager for Africa, Jonathan Racho, said, “The Somali people have suffered enough. Al-Shabaab shouldn’t be allowed to continue terrorizing Somalis. We urge Al-Shabaab to respect the religious freedom of all Somalis. We also urge Christians around the world to pray for their brothers and sisters in Somalia.”

http://www.persecution.org/2012/01/25/isamists-arrest-a-muslim-father-after-his-sons-convert-to-christianity/
Re: Islamists Arrest A Muslim Father After Sons Convert To Christianity in Somalia by LagosShia: 10:31pm On Jan 26, 2012
"frosbel" i have warned you in another thread to censor your mouth of the words "muslim,islam,Muhammad".

if you persist in bringing these stories,i will also be digging my own and starting threads.these threads add no more or less to the truth Islam is to us or the falsehood it is to your confused soul.so stop provoking us into reaction.i will flood this forum that will make it look like a muslim forum.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-856061.0.html#msg10055940

the people who were complaining and putting my name besides yours as those causing tense arguments should take note that you are the trouble maker provoking us.and you'd be given what you're looking for.
Re: Islamists Arrest A Muslim Father After Sons Convert To Christianity in Somalia by Nobody: 10:33pm On Jan 26, 2012
LagosShia:

"frosbel" i have warned you in another thread to censor your mouth with the words "muslim,islam,Muhammad".

if you persist in bringing these stories,i will also be digging my own and starting threads.i will flood this forum that will make it look like a muslim forum.

the people who were complaining and putting my name besides yours as those causing tense arguments should take note that you are the trouble maker provoking us.and you'd be given what you're looking for.

These are news articles.

The articles you posted were direct attacks on Christians and had nothing to do with current affairs.

Do you[b] feel threatened [/b]by this news I retreived from the www.  undecided

As you can see , this article is not an attack on the Koran or Muhammad , no ?
Re: Islamists Arrest A Muslim Father After Sons Convert To Christianity in Somalia by LagosShia: 10:42pm On Jan 26, 2012
frosbel:

These are news articles.

The articles you posted were direct attacks on Christians and had nothing to do with current affairs.

Do you[b] feel threatened [/b]by this news I retreived from the www.  undecided

these so called news stories that are usually only reported by the psycho websites you copy from are either false or are meant to tarnish the reputation of muslims.

that does not even concern me,what concerns me is that when you are trying your best to tarnish the repuation of muslims,your call would not be left unanswered in this forum.then come those who will try to group "LagosShia" alongside "frosbel" as the "troublemakers".

do you know that somali militants have kidnapped muslims from other countries too?so why label them as "islamists"?this is actually the propaganda i was talking about that the missionaries are promoting against the majority of muslims and Islam by using the actions of a minority muslim criminals as what represent us while we reject those criminals.

i just cited that a few minutes ago:
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-855757.0.html#msg10055908
Re: Islamists Arrest A Muslim Father After Sons Convert To Christianity in Somalia by Nobody: 10:44pm On Jan 26, 2012
LagosShia:

these so called news stories that are usually only reported by the psycho websites you copy from are either false or are meant to tarnish the reputation of muslims.

that does not even concern me,what concerns me is that when you are trying your best to tarnish the repuation of muslims,your call would not be left unanswered in this forum.then come those who will try to group "LagosShia" alongside "frosbel" as the "troublemakers".

do you know that somali militants have kidnapped muslims from other countries too?so why label them as "islamists"?this is actually the propaganda i was talking about that the missionaries are promoting against the majority of muslims and Islam by using the actions of a minority muslim criminals as what represent us while we reject those criminals.

i just cited that a few minutes ago:
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-855757.0.html#msg10055908

Give me a break with your kiddie logic !!

Contribute or leave this post alone.

SMH at panicked LagosShia !!
Re: Islamists Arrest A Muslim Father After Sons Convert To Christianity in Somalia by LagosShia: 11:11pm On Jan 26, 2012
frosbel:

Give me a break with your kiddie logic !!

Contribute or leave this post alone.

SMH at panicked LagosShia !!

"frosbel" has not got enough slaps for christianity from me.he is asking for more grin
Re: Islamists Arrest A Muslim Father After Sons Convert To Christianity in Somalia by Nobody: 11:14pm On Jan 26, 2012
LagosShia:

"frosbel" has not got enough slaps for christianity from me.he is asking for more grin

Go on with your spamming, I will be sad to see you banned for a long time, but maybe we could continue with your other forum name ShiaMuslim grin grin
Re: Islamists Arrest A Muslim Father After Sons Convert To Christianity in Somalia by Nobody: 11:14pm On Jan 26, 2012
LagosShia:

"frosbel" i have warned you in another thread to censor your mouth of the words "muslim,islam,Muhammad".

if you persist in bringing these stories,i will also be digging my own and starting threads.these threads add no more or less to the truth Islam is to us or the falsehood it is to your confused soul.so stop provoking us into reaction.i will flood this forum that will make it look like a muslim forum.

Please do. If you cared to notice, most christians here dont even bother to look at your threads. The few that do only come on to expose your unintelligence and hope that by opening your eyes you can see the error in islam.

the only people howling like mad people when they are criticized are muslims.
Re: Islamists Arrest A Muslim Father After Sons Convert To Christianity in Somalia by LagosShia: 11:31pm On Jan 26, 2012
davidylan:

Please do. If you cared to notice, most christians here dont even bother to look at your threads. The few that do only come on to expose your unintelligence and hope that by opening your eyes you can see the error in islam.
that is the difference between a muslim and a christian.the muslim reads and is told in the first verse of the Quran revealed :"READ IN THE NAME OF THY LORD"!

but the christian has padlocked his head.he does not.he lived in his own blindness and within the walls of christianity he has caged himself in,and he still thinks he could convince anyone.

the only people howling like mad people when they are criticized are muslims.

you mean like here:
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-844091.0.html
Re: Islamists Arrest A Muslim Father After Sons Convert To Christianity in Somalia by Nobody: 11:34pm On Jan 26, 2012
LagosShia:

that is the difference between a muslim and a christian.the muslim reads and is told in the first verse of the Quran revealed :"READ IN THE NAME OF THY LORD"!

but the christian has padlocked his head.he does not.he lived in his own blindness and within the walls of christianity he has caged himself in,and he still thinks he could convince anyone.

Oh really? grin the muslim reads indeed. what a silly fellow.
Re: Islamists Arrest A Muslim Father After Sons Convert To Christianity in Somalia by LagosShia: 12:33am On Jan 27, 2012
davidylan:

Oh really? grin the muslim reads indeed. what a silly fellow.

if i am silly then you are more silly than i am in a fashion of 3 in 1!!! grin grin grin
Re: Islamists Arrest A Muslim Father After Sons Convert To Christianity in Somalia by Nobody: 1:08am On Jan 27, 2012
Anyway , bottom line is we thank God for two new converts from the cult of DEATH !!!!
Re: Islamists Arrest A Muslim Father After Sons Convert To Christianity in Somalia by LagosShia: 1:16am On Jan 27, 2012
frosbel:

Anyway , bottom line is we thank God for two new converts from the cult of DEATH !!!!

dont you wish?

im still around guarding the forum from late night saboteurs. grin
Re: Islamists Arrest A Muslim Father After Sons Convert To Christianity in Somalia by tpia5: 1:59am On Jan 27, 2012
Yes, i think somalians who convert to christianity have to flee in order to avoid being killed.

I used to know this guy (non-nigerian) who wanted to convert to christianity in his country. The persecution was so bad he had to return to Islam.

True story.
Re: Islamists Arrest A Muslim Father After Sons Convert To Christianity in Somalia by Judek2(m): 7:41am On Jan 27, 2012
Whenever I see those fake teeth of @Lagoshia,I feel faked to use it, and I feel closing and wraping it is better.
lipsrsealed
Re: Islamists Arrest A Muslim Father After Sons Convert To Christianity in Somalia by LagosShia: 12:31pm On Jan 27, 2012
tpia@:

Yes, i think somalians who convert to christianity have to flee in order to avoid being killed.

I used to know this guy (non-nigerian) who wanted to convert to christianity in his country. The persecution was so bad he had to return to Islam.

True story.

i dont think if i as a muslim (God forbid) wants to become christian any persecution will change what is in my heart.likewise,i am muslim and no amount of threat will change want i believe in my heart.
Re: Islamists Arrest A Muslim Father After Sons Convert To Christianity in Somalia by tpia5: 12:45pm On Jan 27, 2012
LagosShia:

i dont think if i as a muslim (God forbid) wants to become christian any persecution will change what is in my heart.

pray you dont find yourself in certain situations.

i really felt for the guy in question but there was just nothing i could do.

it was really bad.

but God knows the end and the beginning of a matter sha- that's all one can understand after all is said and done.

if i give details someone would probably know or find out who i'm referring to.
Re: Islamists Arrest A Muslim Father After Sons Convert To Christianity in Somalia by Nobody: 12:58pm On Jan 27, 2012
[b]“…The Prophet of Allah said, ‘If somebody [a Muslim] discards his religion, kill him” Bukhari (52:260).[/b]

LagosShia, this is plain clear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why are you so hot about it? Nobody who is wise will dare to tarnish God, and we know who God
is because God has been revealed to us in His son.

@Frosbel we are praying for these beloved converts.

LagosShia:

Re: Islamists Arrest A Muslim Father After Sons Convert To Christianity in Somalia by Nobody: 1:00pm On Jan 27, 2012
East:

[b]“…The Prophet of Allah said, ‘If somebody [a Muslim] discards his religion, kill him” Bukhari (52:260).[/b]

LagosShia, this is plain clear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why are you so hot about it? Nobody who is wise will dare to tarnish God, and we know who God
is because God has been revealed to us in His son.

@Frosbel we are praying for these beloved converts.

My brother, you have to understand LagosShia, he is your typical Jihadist with high levels of intolerance, besides he has also perfected Lying like his mentor.
Re: Islamists Arrest A Muslim Father After Sons Convert To Christianity in Somalia by LagosShia: 2:08pm On Jan 27, 2012
[size=14pt]LYING IN THE BIBLE[/size]

Genesis 12:10-13
10 Now there was a famine in the land, and Abram went down to Egypt to live there for a while because the famine was severe. 11 As he was about to enter Egypt, he said to his wife Sarai, “I know what a beautiful woman you are. 12 When the Egyptians see you, they will say, ‘This is his wife.’ Then they will kill me but will let you live. 13 Say you are my sister, so that I will be treated well for your sake and my life will be spared because of you.”

2 Kings 9:10-15
“Hazael went to meet Elisha, taking with him as a gift forty camel-loads of all the finest wares of Damascus. He went in and stood before him, and said, "Your son Ben-Hadad king of Aram has sent me to ask, 'Will I recover from this illness?' " 10 Elisha answered, "Go and say to him, 'You will certainly recover'; but the LORD has revealed to me that he will in fact die." 11 He stared at him with a fixed gaze until Hazael felt ashamed. Then the man of God began to weep. 12 "Why is my lord weeping?" asked Hazael. "Because I know the harm you will do to the Israelites," he answered. "You will set fire to their fortified places, kill their young men with the sword, dash their little children to the ground, and rip open their pregnant women." 13 Hazael said, "How could your servant, a mere dog, accomplish such a feat?" "The LORD has shown me that you will become king of Aram," answered Elisha. 14 Then Hazael left Elisha and returned to his master. When Ben-Hadad asked, "What did Elisha say to you?" Hazael replied, "He told me that you would certainly recover." 15 But the next day he took a thick cloth, soaked it in water and spread it over the king's face, so that he died. Then Hazael succeeded him as king”.

Romans 3:7
“But if the truth of God through my lie abounded unto his glory, why am I also still judged as a sinner?”

Philippians 1:18
“But what does it matter? Nothing matters except that, in one way or another, people are told the message about Christ, whether with honest or dishonest motives, and I’m happy about that. [/u]Yes, I will continue to be happy.”

2Corinthians 12:16
“But be it so, I did not burden you: nevertheless, [u]being crafty, I caught you with guile.“

(1) (Reply)

A Question For Atheists / Nigeria: My Hero Pastor Is A False Prophet (part 1) / If U Can Only Be Logical And Reasonable, Let's Discuss Islam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.