Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,759 members, 7,840,962 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 06:13 PM

Rule Of Law - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rule Of Law (960 Views)

Tambuwal Blasts Obasanjo On Rule Of Law / Tinubu: APC Will End PDP's Rule Of Scavengers / Rule Of Law Effective In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Rule Of Law by Topsido(m): 5:34pm On Oct 13, 2007
I think it was ATIKU who first poppularised the word 'RULE OF LAW'. Now, it has become to the corrupt and corrupt minded people what HALLELUYAH is to Christians. Someone should please tell Yar'Adua that he can never be an achiever with the 'RULE OF LAW' as long as it is to be interpreted by thiefs!
Re: Rule Of Law by vigasimple(m): 7:31pm On Oct 13, 2007
Now even anti-OBj can now see that though Yar Adua may have good intention to see that things are done according to the rule of law but the executhieves that we have know how to use the due process and rule of law to circumvent the law. They will spend their ill gotten money to delay judgement., hire the best lawyers as recommneded by AGF.

So when OBJ lower the standard of rule of law in case of the super executhieves in Nigeria, he got their balls and they started crying and using the media to say that he is a bully and that he does'nt follow due process/rule of law

BUT, what its result, the first time an IGP in any African country was successfully prosecuted and convicted, governors, Senators etc.

The executheives fire back and said it was selective justice. Isn't it that the executheives does not beleive or think is possible to have organisation like the EFCC which everybody now fear before OBJ departures.

In as much as the 3rd term OBJ was suppose to be seeking is an abberation on our constitution would it not be better for him (now thinking in retrospect) to have been retained in some capacity (or at least strenghten the institution EFCC) to deal with all the executheives even though I do not agree with any form of tenure elongation even for a day.

I think in my own opinion the greatest challenges we face as a country and we will continue to face is the war against the executheives and CORRUPTION is another matter.

CORRUPTION IS THE NATIONAL CANCER OF NIGERIA. If you don't handle with utmost seriousness, it will eat us up until all Nigerians will die in poverty, when all our assets will end up in the West and swiss bank account, may be now in China and Dubai.

I personally think that DR. Yar Adua is a very decent, propably honest guy but whether or not is capable to fighting the Nigerian cancer (CORRUPTION) is another matter and the jury is till out on that.

My instinct is that Yar Adua may not be able to pull this through as some sturboness and bully is required to deal with sturborn people called the Executhieves. Do anybody remember he goats! They don't listen until they are almost killed. our executhieves are HE GOATS.

The majority of the current politicians are recycled from the previous and now their children and grand children. Some good, majority very bad.

Maybe we need combination of  honest men like RIBADU and bullies like OBJ to take the bull by the horn. EFCC in my own humble opinion is one of the very few things that has been good in Nigeria. If we would be honest with ourselves majority if not 99.9% of Nigerian fears or afraid of EFCC, now we now have AGF and President RuLE OF LAW. IT IS CALLED THE JOKES OF THE LAW BY the EXECUTHIEVES. They are just laughing at Nigerians.

May God deliver us in this country.
Re: Rule Of Law by Topsido(m): 5:28pm On Oct 16, 2007
Thanks man,
Happy there are still patrotic Nigerians like you.

(1) (Reply)

Obj's Legacy Vs. Yar'dua Performance / Tribunal Annulled The President Of The Senate, David Mark. Will Yardua Be Next? / Top 4 Influential Nigerians in History

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.