Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,865 members, 7,810,295 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:15 AM

Tinubu: APC Will End PDP's Rule Of Scavengers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu: APC Will End PDP's Rule Of Scavengers (11779 Views)

EFCC Has Been Ordered To Arrest Tinubu – APC / Crisis May End Pdp’s Reign - Oyinlola / Poverty Worsened In Nigeria Under PDP Rule- African Development Bank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu: APC Will End PDP's Rule Of Scavengers by kaysy(m): 10:38am On Feb 08, 2013
APC will end rule of PDP scavengers –Tinubu • Opposition should criticise constructively –PDP

OPPOSITION figures on Thursday stepped up the marketing of their newly-christened joint party, the All Progressive Party, with a promise that the new platform would bring an end to the rule of the Peoples Democratic Party.

Former governor of Lagos State and National Leader of the Action Congress of Nigeria, a key component of the new alliance, Bola Tinubu, described the years of PDP in power as the rule of “scavengers and wayfarers.”

“What we have now are wayfarers, scavengers in the corridors of power and apologists, professionals whose ethics evaporate the moment they come in contact with the paraphernalia of power.

“But there is help coming. Help is on the way as the opposition moves to form a broad-based coalition that will send these characters out of power and put into gear the Nigerian project.”

Another key figure in the new political dispensation and an ex-Head of State, Gen. Muhammadu Buhari, also enjoined Nigerians to give the APC, an identity unveiled just on Wednesday, the opportunity to prove itself in rescuing the nation from those he called “strong men” that had damaged the system.

Tinubu and Buhari spoke in Abuja at the public presentation of a book, The Accidental Public Servant, written by a former Minister of the Federal Capital Territory, Mallam Nasir el-Rufai. The el-Rufai book, an expose on the thoughts and words of men of power during the administration of ex-President Olusegun Obasanjo, had already become controversial before it was presented to the public.

Tinubu said the story of the country had not changed from what it was during the time el-Rufai was in government.

He said that the situation had worsened with the citizens saddled with a government concerned more about “elongation in power and fighting imagined enemies” than applying themselves to running the country properly.

Tinubu, who was represented by the ACN spokesman, Lai Mohammed, thanked the author for exposing the “unbridled lust for power” by those in government.

He said, “Thanks to Nasir, we now know that most of our leaders are soon overcome and consumed by their unbridled lust for power; Nasir tells us Nigeria still has a long way to go and the architects of a new Nigeria are not yet in place.”

Tinubu described the book as unrivalled in the history of the country, noting however that the author could not exonerate himself from what happened during the Obasanjo administration which was the focus of the book.

He said, “In as much as Nasir may not and cannot exonerate himself from all that happened, he has chosen a road less travelled by telling it all. One of yesterday’s men is coming clean.

“The power and courage of Nasir’s work is not just in the carefully woven narrative but in the mere fact that the key figures he has written about are still alive and perhaps only one or two of them are dead, hence, Nigerians should expect to get a few reactions and if lucky see more books churned out by a few who think Nasir has only told the story of that era from his own angle.”

Buhari said that Nigerians should give the APC a chance to prove itself, assuring that the party would not disappoint them.

The new party consists of the ACN, CPC, All Progressives Grand Alliance, and the All Nigeria Peoples Party though Anambra State Government, administered by an APGA Governor Peter Obi on Thursday dissociated itself from the merger.

In a statement by the Commissioner for Information, Culture and Tourism, Chief Joemartins Uzodike, the state government also said the Anambra State chapter of the APGA was not a party to the merger.

The statement said the issue of merger had never been discussed at the National Executive Committee of the party and neither had any national convention of the party been called to discuss the so-called merger.

It rather said that APGA was part of the PDP-run Federal Government of President Goodluck Jonathan, having benefited in appointments from the government.

“Our Governor, Mr. Peter Obi, has never mentioned any issue regarding APGA merging with any political party in the executive council meeting of the state,” the statement added.

But Buhari said the new party would strive to meet Nigerians’ expectations and “I will want the people to give the party a chance to rescue the country. People talking about the disintegration of Nigeria don’t know what they are saying; Nigeria is too intertwined to break up.”

The CPC presidential candidate said the nation needed courageous people like el-Rufai to appeal to the people’s conscience.

He said the nation deserved principled leadership, noting that the first Premier of the old Western Region, the late Chief Obafemi Awolowo, was spending 55 per cent on education, while the northern region spent 5 per cent on education and about 56 per cent on security.

Buhari blamed ‘strong men’ for destroying the strong institutions in Nigeria left behind by the colonial administration, adding that el-Rufai’s book was the ex-minister’s way of reviving the comatose institutions in the country.

Niger State Govenor, Aliyu Babangida, a PDP member, also at the forum said he was delighted with the new party being formed by the opposition.

He said, “I am one of those in the PDP praying for the merger to work; it will rationalise Nigerian politics and put an end to riff-raffs and charlatans in government.

“People have been coming to me to ask me if I am interested in the Presidency and I said yes. I am prepared for The Presidency, I am not an accidental leader; I am prepared for the Presidency, but I won’t comment on when I will run.”

However, Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria, Lamido Sanusi, attributed the backwardness of the country to disregard for merit and competence.

He stressed that important national issues should only be entrusted to capable hands.

Sanusi said, “I always tell people that our problem is not corruption, but disregard for merit and competence. In our private lives, we entrust the most important things to people we trust but we left important national issues in the hands of those with nothing to offer; People should be judged by their character and not their affiliations.”

Also, the author, el-Rufai, shed tears, while thanking eminent Nigerians for attending the programme.

Meanwhile,the PDP on Thursday congratulated those behind the new APC and challenged them to engage the PDP elected and appointed officials on issues of governance.“

National Publicity Secretary of PDP, Olisa Metuh, in a statement said, “We charge the opposition to use the new party to challenge our elected and appointed officers on debates on issues of governance.

“We are ready, willing and able at any time to debate on any issue pertaining to the economy and any other issue of governance.

“We want useful and constructive debates so that at the end of the day, Nigerians will be the utmost beneficiaries.”

Kwara State Governor, Alhaji Abdulfatah Ahmed, on Thursday, however, ridiculed the emergence of the APC, saying it posed no threat to the PDP.

“PDP is not threatened in any form by the merger. The only challenge that I see in this kind of fusion is that they are not driven by ideology. They are driven by people and positions,” Ahmed said in Ilorin during a monthly public enlightenment programme tagged, ‘The governor explains.’

http://www.punchng.com/news/apc-will-end-rule-of-pdp-scavengers-tinubu-%E2%80%A2-opposition-should-criticise-constructively-pdp/

Re: Tinubu: APC Will End PDP's Rule Of Scavengers by Goddex: 10:55am On Feb 08, 2013
Tinubu should first and foremost explain to Nigerians
the source of his wealth. How much was his salary as governor?

I think people like him should not be allowed to talk for the new party.
It will hurt the party more. Let him just stay at the background.

23 Likes

Re: Tinubu: APC Will End PDP's Rule Of Scavengers by Dermie: 12:11pm On Feb 08, 2013
We dey here dey WATCH.
Re: Tinubu: APC Will End PDP's Rule Of Scavengers by vanstanzy(m): 12:11pm On Feb 08, 2013
Hope so. Cos PDP has really killed the hopes of Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: APC Will End PDP's Rule Of Scavengers by webcityng: 12:12pm On Feb 08, 2013
beat PDP with APOLLO CONGRESS(APC) grin grin grin

i don't believe that, PDD will use everything the got to secure the federal level

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu: APC Will End PDP's Rule Of Scavengers by fapcrook(m): 12:13pm On Feb 08, 2013
Hmmmmmm
Re: Tinubu: APC Will End PDP's Rule Of Scavengers by cheddarking(m): 12:14pm On Feb 08, 2013
Despite his many faults, Tinubu is a magnificent politician.

The way he spins stuff to his advantage is legendary.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu: APC Will End PDP's Rule Of Scavengers by coolsamba(m): 12:15pm On Feb 08, 2013
⌣̊┈̥-̶̯͡»̶̥okay«̶̥ -̶̯͡┈̥ nah
Re: Tinubu: APC Will End PDP's Rule Of Scavengers by Biggyd2: 12:16pm On Feb 08, 2013
I beg, if these people are serious, they should go get credible candidates to face the people deceiving people party. Bourdillon as a candidate surely will not work.
Re: Tinubu: APC Will End PDP's Rule Of Scavengers by outrage: 12:16pm On Feb 08, 2013

Re: Tinubu: APC Will End PDP's Rule Of Scavengers by KingOmarion(m): 12:17pm On Feb 08, 2013
Am only waiting for the party flag bearer...dats wen I will comment but for now nothing †☺ say cos Tinubu looted Lagos wella

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: APC Will End PDP's Rule Of Scavengers by Nobody: 12:19pm On Feb 08, 2013
webcityng: beat PDP with APOLLO CONGRESS(APC) grin grin grin

i don't believe that, PDD will use everything they got to secure the federal level
Re: Tinubu: APC Will End PDP's Rule Of Scavengers by Nobody: 12:20pm On Feb 08, 2013
the way i see it, APC or ADC is only interested in getting power-they dont really care about Nigerians, all the want is power and then they'll share the pepper...

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu: APC Will End PDP's Rule Of Scavengers by tomakint: 12:22pm On Feb 08, 2013
See who is talking, I am yet to come across any Nigeria who held public post that was (and still) as corrupt as TINUBU beside IBB!
Re: Tinubu: APC Will End PDP's Rule Of Scavengers by jhydebaba(m): 12:25pm On Feb 08, 2013
Rebranding failures and thiefry cheesy

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: APC Will End PDP's Rule Of Scavengers by ballabriggs: 12:26pm On Feb 08, 2013
I do not even need Bola Tinubu to speak for me. To continue with a fraudster like Goodluck Jonathan and his PDP gang after 2015 is the worst anyone can do to his nation. To continue with a PDP that has spent over $30 billion on a power project yet we still talk "megawatts", "gigawatts" since 1999 is a big crime on humanity. To continue with a PDP that has spent over 10 years rehabilitating the Benin-Ore road is a ra.pe on every living thing in Nigeria.

I will mobilise more as I am already mobilising against this gang of fraudsters.

13 Likes

Re: Tinubu: APC Will End PDP's Rule Of Scavengers by ayox2003: 12:26pm On Feb 08, 2013
APC will not end the rule of the scavengers. Nigerians will do it. Let's see who u're fielding and what your plans are. If its not a disciplined, anti-corruption advocate, just forget it. We need a strong hands to curb the billions flying around.

Frawzey.
Re: Tinubu: APC Will End PDP's Rule Of Scavengers by takedat(m): 12:27pm On Feb 08, 2013
tomakint: See who is talking, I am yet to come across any Nigeria who held public post that was (and still) as corrupt as TINUBU beside IBB!
GEJ is more corrupt than them !!!

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: APC Will End PDP's Rule Of Scavengers by Asis(m): 12:27pm On Feb 08, 2013
So much noise
Re: Tinubu: APC Will End PDP's Rule Of Scavengers by seunlayi(m): 12:27pm On Feb 08, 2013
DON'T BE MISLEAD, PDP AND APC ARE ALL POLITICAL SCAVENGERS

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu: APC Will End PDP's Rule Of Scavengers by Nobody: 12:27pm On Feb 08, 2013
Thief calling thief thief

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu: APC Will End PDP's Rule Of Scavengers by Nobody: 12:28pm On Feb 08, 2013
Lion wants to end tigers reign , but, botth are carnivores meaning PDP and ACP = the same people

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu: APC Will End PDP's Rule Of Scavengers by talktimi(m): 12:29pm On Feb 08, 2013
Another key figure in the new political dispensation and an ex-Head of State, Gen. Muhammadu Buhari, also enjoined Nigerians to give the APC, an identity unveiled just on Wednesday, the opportunity to prove itself in rescuing the nation from those he called “strong men” that had damaged the system.

No matter how much I dislike Buhari's policies, he never seizes to behave like a true stateman and I'm impressed with this statement he made far from the thuggish outcry capable of inflaming the polity made by Tinubu. My vote is for Buhari if he decides to contest come 2015 I just don't like his bedfellows ie Tinubu, Udenwa et al

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: APC Will End PDP's Rule Of Scavengers by tomakint: 12:30pm On Feb 08, 2013
take dat: GEJ is more corrupt than them !!!
You need to die and be re-born 7 times to understand my comment and even the politics in Nigeria! cool

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu: APC Will End PDP's Rule Of Scavengers by yertyr(m): 12:30pm On Feb 08, 2013
Tinubu? Calling others scavengers? Pot calling kettle black.

6 Likes

Re: Tinubu: APC Will End PDP's Rule Of Scavengers by sage2(m): 12:34pm On Feb 08, 2013
Imagine the dictators, bigots, propagandists and impostors of APC having the kind power of PDP, what do you think they will do with it? Fashola could not allow a legitimate protest against the fraudulent Lekki toll. Protesters were molested and two people lost their lives and yet these people still possessed the audacity to spew nonsense. PDP might have led us down but APC is definitely not a viable alternative at the center. They all belong the same category of Nigerians-looters.

4 Likes

Re: Tinubu: APC Will End PDP's Rule Of Scavengers by theripper2: 12:37pm On Feb 08, 2013
U all are ravenous scavengers

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: APC Will End PDP's Rule Of Scavengers by takedat(m): 12:39pm On Feb 08, 2013
tomakint:
You need to die and be re-born 7 times to understand my comment and even the politics in Nigeria! cool
Don't get yourself wound up, I just emphasised that no past political office holder was as corrupt as GEJ is.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: APC Will End PDP's Rule Of Scavengers by franksunny(m): 12:42pm On Feb 08, 2013
all i wait for is their flag bearer. i cannot be in for pdp again not even in my dream. that party has failed we country fipu

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Governor El-Rufai Celebrates Kaduna At 100 With Gala Dinner (Photos) / 52 Northern Groups Convene Security Meeting In Kaduna / Who Is The Worst Nigerian President To Date?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.