Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,704 members, 7,809,676 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:55 PM

Kissing Fun Facts: - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Kissing Fun Facts: (2980 Views)

Fun Facts About Women You Probably Never Heard Of!! / Why Do People Close Their Eyes When Kissing? / [Kissing] Your Partner Doesn't Know How To Kiss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kissing Fun Facts: by toksdara(m): 8:39pm On Oct 13, 2007
My attention was drawn to a column called Women.com by Toluwani Olamitoke in page 19, Saturday Tribune, 13 Oct, 2007. The topic was What's In A Kiss?

Here are some of the highlights of the column, what do you think?

KISSING FUN FACTS

You burn 26 calories in a one minute kiss

You use only two muscles on your face when you give a peck kiss but you use all your facial muscles and burn more calories during a passionate kiss

The average person spends two weeks of their life kissing

The scientific name for kissing is PHILEMATOLOGY

First movie kiss - John C Rice kissed May Irwin in the film called "The Kiss" (1896)

In some places, kissing is a crime - it's illegal in Indiana for a moustached man to "habitually kiss human beings". In Hartford, Connecticut it's illegal for a husband to kiss his wife on Sunday, and in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, it's a crime to kiss a stranger

Young people start kissing two or three years before they launch their sex lives. Fifty per cent experience the excitement of the first kiss at 13 or 14 years of age

Kissing helps reduce tooth decay. Kissing increases the mouth's production of saliva, and saliva helps clean the mouth thus aiding prevention of tooth decay

Scientific studies have proven that kissing can help to reduce skin rashes and blemishes

Our brains have special neurons that help us locate each other's lips in the dark

Husbands who kiss their wives before leaving home in the morning have been documented to live five years than those who do not
Re: Kissing Fun Facts: by Purist(m): 9:08pm On Oct 13, 2007
Yeah, and here are more facts. . .

The science of kissing is called philematology.

A one-minute kiss burns 26 calories! A long kiss makes the metabolism burn sugar faster than usual.

The top five foods to avoid 24 hours before kissing are garlic, onions, fish, cheese and pastrami.

A little pucker uses just two muscles around the lips. A passionate kiss (think Diego Luna!) uses all 34 facial muscles.

If you can't brush your teeth or floss, if you're not near mouthwash or sugarfree mints or gum, chewing on parsley can restore you back to sweet smelling breath.

When we kiss, our hearts beat faster and our breathing becomes deep and irregular, mimicking the response of intense exercise. So if done right, kissing can be considered a great cardiovascular workout! At the same time it's a terrific tension reliever. You shut out the world, you close your eyes and you're almost smiling.

One theory says that social kissing originated with medieval knights as a way to find out if their wives had been drinking while they were away fighting.

The average person will spend an estimated two weeks of their lives kissing!

Ancient Egyptians kissed with their noses. Eskimos, Polynesians and Malaysians still do.

Saliva contains antibacterial chemicals that kill most bacteria before the germs are passed on during a kiss. Some say the extra saliva helps prevent tooth decay by cleaning out your mouth!

Our brains have special neurons than help us find each other's lips in the dark.

In Europe it is proper etiquette to greet someone by kissing them on both cheeks.

The longest documented kiss is 29 hours by contestants in 1998 in New York.

In some places kissing is illegal. It was considered a crime in Hartford Connecticut for a husband to kiss his wife on Sunday! And in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, it was a crime to kiss a stranger.

A first kiss is good way to work out if there is any chemistry between you. If it's right, it boosts self-esteem and makes you feel good about yourself.

Kissing signals our brain to produce oxytocin, a hormone that makes us feel good. It's a scientific fact that biology causes one kiss to prompt another!

http://www.beinggirl.com/en_US/pages/articledetail.jsp?ContentId=ART308
Re: Kissing Fun Facts: by ikamefa(f): 3:57am On Oct 14, 2007
oya oh! pucker up guys! " grin " i need to burn some calories , and tone up some muscles cheesy grin
Re: Kissing Fun Facts: by cblow(m): 8:44am On Oct 14, 2007
toksdara:

My attention was drawn to a column called Women.com by Toluwani Olamitoke in page 19, Saturday Tribune, 13 Oct, 2007. The topic was What's In A Kiss?

Here are some of the highlights of the column, what do you think?

KISSING FUN FACTS

You burn 26 calories in a one minute kiss

You use only two muscles on your face when you give a peck kiss but you use all your facial muscles and burn more calories during a passionate kiss

The average person spends two weeks of their life kissing

The scientific name for kissing is PHILEMATOLOGY

First movie kiss - John C Rice kissed May Irwin in the film called "The Kiss" (1896)

In some places, kissing is a crime - it's illegal in Indiana for a moustached man to "habitually kiss human beings". In Hartford, Connecticut it's illegal for a husband to kiss his wife on Sunday, and in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, it's a crime to kiss a stranger

Young people start kissing two or three years before they launch their sex lives. Fifty per cent experience the excitement of the first kiss at 13 or 14 years of age

Kissing helps reduce tooth decay. Kissing increases the mouth's production of saliva, and saliva helps clean the mouth thus aiding prevention of tooth decay

Scientific studies have proven that kissing can help to reduce skin rashes and blemishes

Our brains have special neurons that help us locate each other's lips in the dark

Husbands who kiss their wives before leaving home in the morning have been documented to live five years than those who do not

oya . clap for ya self, can see kissing is highly recommende if so, anyone cares for a kiss??
Re: Kissing Fun Facts: by Busta(f): 1:37pm On Oct 14, 2007
Yeah, heard it all b4
Re: Kissing Fun Facts: by tj4ever(m): 2:47pm On Oct 14, 2007
Yeah yeah and soon we will be told that kissing could cure all of life's worries.
I love to kiss but when science enters into it it becomes nothing more than an experiment. Hope scientists would face bigger problems- HIV/ AIDS, malaria, the climate, etc - that face the world. They should leave kissing to we ignorant puckers. I wise one once said that ignorance is bliss.
The less I know about the therapeutic effects of kissing, the less I view it as medicine prescribed by my GP. 1 kiss 3 time daily after meals does not sound like fun.
Re: Kissing Fun Facts: by mellow(m): 3:19pm On Oct 14, 2007
My brother, If I say I no tire then I am a lier and the

truth is not in me.
[/color][color=#990000][color=#990000][/color]

(1) (Reply)

Part 2 :My Boyfriend Is An Atheist. I Love Him But My Family& Friends Hate Him / I,m Pissed Off. / Most Ridiculous Reasons Why Your Partner Broke Up With You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.