Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,658 members, 7,820,308 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:52 PM

Football Friendly: Nigeria Vs Mexico - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Football Friendly: Nigeria Vs Mexico (10179 Views)

Int'l Friendly: Nigeria Vs Cameroon 3.0 (Live) / Fifa Women Under-20 World Cup: Nigeria Vs Mexico, FULLTIME (1:1) / Super Eagles Vs Mexico - (2 - 2) -Intl Friendly On May 31 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Football Friendly: Nigeria Vs Mexico by whatnext: 9:59pm On Oct 14, 2007
That guy is so stupid!!!!!!!!
Re: Football Friendly: Nigeria Vs Mexico by tommyex(m): 10:00pm On Oct 14, 2007
Uche lost the penalty.and its GAME OVER
Thansk for joining us today in this lively friendly encounter
Watch out 4 9JA vs ENGLAND next,lol
Re: Football Friendly: Nigeria Vs Mexico by egbon(m): 10:00pm On Oct 14, 2007
Is naija really playing England next?
Re: Football Friendly: Nigeria Vs Mexico by Arnold1(m): 10:01pm On Oct 14, 2007
Uche's penalty kick was one of the worst in recent time

FINAL SCORE :

NIGERIA 2

MEXICO 2
Re: Football Friendly: Nigeria Vs Mexico by tosinadeda: 10:01pm On Oct 14, 2007
No10
onyekachi okonkwo
Re: Football Friendly: Nigeria Vs Mexico by tosinadeda: 10:03pm On Oct 14, 2007
Y not martins or utaka.Am dissapointed
Re: Football Friendly: Nigeria Vs Mexico by Seun(m): 10:05pm On Oct 14, 2007
Ho can the final score be 2-2 after a penalty shootout?
Re: Football Friendly: Nigeria Vs Mexico by Arnold1(m): 10:06pm On Oct 14, 2007
Martins should have shot that penalty and seal our victory.

We really need to work on our offense. This one man show (Martins) is not encouraging at all
Re: Football Friendly: Nigeria Vs Mexico by tosinadeda: 10:07pm On Oct 14, 2007
It wasnt a shootout o.
U no watch d match?
Re: Football Friendly: Nigeria Vs Mexico by jejelolatu(f): 10:07pm On Oct 14, 2007
Is mikel down with flu? The guy wasnt even in d game.and as for vogts doesnt he knw he cn make as many substitution as he pleases! Jeez was uche playing a penalty or a goal kick. This team is useless.vogts is building a prototype german team.BIG STRONG AND AGGRESSIVE PLAYERS.Nobody was distributing d bal or controlling d midfield.
Re: Football Friendly: Nigeria Vs Mexico by wed123(m): 10:08pm On Oct 14, 2007
lol that penalty kick looked more like a goal kick!
Re: Football Friendly: Nigeria Vs Mexico by tosinadeda: 10:10pm On Oct 14, 2007
Taiwo and mikel were on drugs,commitn fouls like idiots.Y the hell was osaze left on the bench
Re: Football Friendly: Nigeria Vs Mexico by Sweetaura1(f): 10:12pm On Oct 14, 2007
Seun, were you watching a different match?
Re: Football Friendly: Nigeria Vs Mexico by tommyex(m): 10:13pm On Oct 14, 2007
Oga SEUN i for like yab you but u know as e be now[sub][/sub]not ready 4 a ban yet.

I wonder y martins dint take it 4 a hat-trick.
Utaka ke?that 1 will miss it oo,d guy gets 2 joke at times.
exactly JEJE but the good thing is this STYLE can work well in the nations cup where much depends on strenght and defending so lets give them a chance.

You mena osaze wa son that bench??well he needs to go to the gym to play wiot this coach o,lol
Re: Football Friendly: Nigeria Vs Mexico by Arnold1(m): 10:13pm On Oct 14, 2007
tosinadeda:

Y the hell was osaze left on the bench

Thanks oo my brother. Osaze was just relaxing on the bench.
Re: Football Friendly: Nigeria Vs Mexico by 9ja4eva: 10:37pm On Oct 14, 2007
What a match?

Vogts you know ur job sef??,
Re: Football Friendly: Nigeria Vs Mexico by mojojojo(m): 10:41pm On Oct 14, 2007
i beg d boys try sef, vogts just dey test players, uche no suppose miss dat penalty woh, and d mexico penalty na dive
Re: Football Friendly: Nigeria Vs Mexico by 9ja4eva: 10:45pm On Oct 14, 2007
How many times Vogts dey try players?No team yet
Re: Football Friendly: Nigeria Vs Mexico by dinozzo(m): 11:24pm On Oct 14, 2007
men I no watch match, but it looks like a good result for us. Mexico is no pushover
Re: Football Friendly: Nigeria Vs Mexico by WarfyBoy(m): 11:57pm On Oct 14, 2007
mem though i didnt watch the match very well, i am happy that it ends that way, even mexico go kno say nigerian no easy like that, imagine Mexico dt trashed Brazil 4 nil, n 2 - 1, almost lost to the "i don even 4get the position wey we dey for world futbal sef

all the same, it was a gr8 game eva, nigeria try no b smal

bt we stil need to improve
Re: Football Friendly: Nigeria Vs Mexico by McOmo(m): 12:03am On Oct 15, 2007
Mikel Obi is the best player to have ever donned the green/white jersey of naija !
Re: Football Friendly: Nigeria Vs Mexico by jejelolatu(f): 12:28am On Oct 15, 2007
Best player my foot! Dis has got to be a joke. Mikel ko mikel ni !!
Re: Football Friendly: Nigeria Vs Mexico by McOmo(m): 12:33am On Oct 15, 2007
Taiye Taiwo surely must be the best 3 in d World . . .see aw he caged Dos santos ?
Re: Football Friendly: Nigeria Vs Mexico by McOmo(m): 12:40am On Oct 15, 2007
Seriously tho, whats all dis ramblings about Utaka ? the guy played so well considering d extra burden of captainship laden on him . . . Martins impressed me today and feels gud to know he could combine with Uche who I see as the best striker we have now, and I wonder why they let him waste d penalty, it was obvious he was tensed and nervous especially having initiated d wonderful move that culminated in d penalty !
Re: Football Friendly: Nigeria Vs Mexico by jejelolatu(f): 1:09am On Oct 15, 2007
I think martins and utaka chickened out of playing d penalty. Its even cool that they didnt win d match,cos if they did,naijas might think we have a team. Wat difference has vogts made since he became coach sef?
Re: Football Friendly: Nigeria Vs Mexico by jejelolatu(f): 1:28am On Oct 15, 2007
Its really rare to see martins make a good pass to another striker.he usually plays a solo game,and hes totally selfish wen he is paired upfront with ayegbeni.it would be a really good thing if at last we have found a striker martins can connect with.
Re: Football Friendly: Nigeria Vs Mexico by McOmo(m): 1:45am On Oct 15, 2007
Imajin that schmuck Mikel stayed dat long without being subbed earlier ? with d avalanche of 'talents' on d bench ? Ludicrious sh@t ! How do we then judge a player's true capability ? by his numerous shambolic performances ? unpatriotic attitude or by his uncalled-for penchant for colours/cards be it red or yellow ?
Re: Football Friendly: Nigeria Vs Mexico by mojojojo(m): 1:51am On Oct 15, 2007
mc omo its like u're dat Mikel father i dey hear about,
Re: Football Friendly: Nigeria Vs Mexico by McOmo(m): 1:54am On Oct 15, 2007
Lmao . . . go ask well, u no hear well !
Re: Football Friendly: Nigeria Vs Mexico by Egavlas(m): 3:25am On Oct 15, 2007
Well, for those who are disappointed and thinking we should have trashed Mexico, please note that Mexico is currently ranked 13th in the world and Nigeria 23rd from fifa website.

Secondly, we were playing at their home with their vociferous croud and in unfamiliar weather.

Eagles did well. Its a friendly and its not a must win. Other countries use friendlies to test out players and new things .Why has it got to be that we must always want to *thrash* everyone?

Sincerely, I dont think Taye Taiwo should have a starting shirt in our National team. He is terrible defensively and even in the attacking option, he hardly contributes anything these days.

And did I read clearly someone saying he kept Santos? Yeah right. Santos and the Mexicans recognised Taye Taiwo as the weekest link and exploited his wing to the fullest.

The first goal was created from his side when he turned around a full 360 degrees before an opponent he was supposed to stop from making a pullout.
Second goal? of course we all saw how clumsy he was on the tackle.

All he just does in the National team is to trudge forward whenever we get a free kick , waste it, then turn back , curse the ground and start trudging back.

Adegoke should be given a full chance to stake his claim to that position. Taye has been given ample opportunity and he has been real poor of recent for Naija.

@jejelolatu, I like your observations. Nothing trips me more than a lady Knowing and talking football
Re: Football Friendly: Nigeria Vs Mexico by Nobody: 5:00am On Oct 15, 2007
I've never rated Taiye Taiwo as Super Eagles material, that penalty was the clumsiest i have ever seen. Makes me remember the days of Ben Iroha with fondness. Pls leave Mikel Obi out of the Eagles from now on, he is Nigeria's most over-rated soccer export.
Aiyegbeni surely should NEVER wear another Eagles jersey, we now have Uche, Martins (who i think is our most potent offensive weapon with bags of talent and pace), Kanu (bags of tricks), Utaka . . .
Re: Football Friendly: Nigeria Vs Mexico by tommyex(m): 7:11am On Oct 15, 2007
So many good write-ups
Yea its a friendly and i must say i am impressed with the defence,Taiwo(though he dint play well),but with his standards i dint know he will even mark santos at all,he guy is so woeful defending,but IF U WATCH HIM IN HIS CLUB,HIS CROSSES HAVE BEEN SPECTACULAR,he is really good defending 4real,dont worry VOGTS will sure try some1 else.

I think with that spirit we can make semi-finals in nations cup at least,lets hope 4 another friendly.

But how come 9ja always plays without pattern most times esp in the MIDFIELD when they always look haphazard,MIKEL is gettin 2 my nerves now,at his age he is forming big boy(though he has a way of playing well at tournaments),Can they try OLD ORUMA pls

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pool Sure Draws For Week 19. / "Eagles Door Still Open For Enyeama" — Rohr / 2016 Funny Football Memes-drop Yours

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.