Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,690 members, 7,820,411 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:23 PM

Football Friendly: Nigeria Vs Mexico - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Football Friendly: Nigeria Vs Mexico (10180 Views)

Int'l Friendly: Nigeria Vs Cameroon 3.0 (Live) / Fifa Women Under-20 World Cup: Nigeria Vs Mexico, FULLTIME (1:1) / Super Eagles Vs Mexico - (2 - 2) -Intl Friendly On May 31 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Football Friendly: Nigeria Vs Mexico by tommyex(m): 7:14am On Oct 15, 2007
Did i hear yakubu,anichebe.Pls i have watched those guys,they aint 9ja material,try Congo. grin

i feel they should jus put OBINNA NSOFOR into the mix,martins will even need to watch his back this way

Martins
Uche
Nsofor
Kanu
Utaka
Osaze in the midfield.
I think thats enough to go to GHANA
Re: Football Friendly: Nigeria Vs Mexico by dayokanu(m): 7:54am On Oct 15, 2007
We should have won if not for that last minute Rugby like penalty. They are still trying to find the ball as Uche blew the ball out of the stadium. I still think its an above average Nigerian performance. I think Taiye Taiwo should be exiled from Nigeria entirely the guy s so clumsy Remember what Diomansy Kamara did to him at the last Nations cup again this one. Vogt should spare us the pains and agony of Taiye Taiwo
Re: Football Friendly: Nigeria Vs Mexico by Nobody: 8:43am On Oct 15, 2007
taiwo caused the two goals mexico scored.he just could'nt mark properly
he wasjust kicking and pushing the mexicans and could have easily been sent off.
Vogts should start looking for a good replacement for taiwo.he should be a Substitute.
i suggest Edile,the boy{man} who played in the U-17.he is a good material.
taiwo is finished and might cause us problems in the nations cup
Re: Football Friendly: Nigeria Vs Mexico by finealooma(m): 8:54am On Oct 15, 2007
Just a mere grade A friendly match and FIFA would b happy wit that score line or else Naija go just reach top 10 in d wolrd.
Re: Football Friendly: Nigeria Vs Mexico by ChiefS(m): 8:55am On Oct 15, 2007
PLease can someone give me a full list of players that played in the game last night especially no 2 shirt?
Re: Football Friendly: Nigeria Vs Mexico by topeorekoy(m): 9:08am On Oct 15, 2007
an average match. the eagles treid considering that mexico beat paraguay by 6-0 and brazil too at the copa america.

taiye taiwo- he is just too prone to skillful wingers and where were the 2 central backs when the 1st cross for the 1st goal came in?

ikechuckwu uche- the penalty wasnt cool but why didntmartins play it? he had two goals already, he would have played with confidence cos he was high on goals

vogts- wonder why we have friendlies against europeans teams lined up when the nations cup is just like 2 mths away. cant we get a quality team to play in africa rather than concentrate on european teams? why play european teams(with flair and technique) when we are preparing
for nations cup. i think we shld get an african team(physical play) cos thats what we are getting in the nations cup
Re: Football Friendly: Nigeria Vs Mexico by tkb417(m): 9:46am On Oct 15, 2007
@topeorekoy
have you asked youreself why Mexico is playing us when its not as if they are preparing for a Nations Cup Qualifier too?
You need good teams to shape up your team, the colour and race of your opponenents in friendlies wont affect you one inch.
@Dayokanu
Taiwo is a disgrace to this land. I havent recovered from that Diomansy Kamara's dribble at the Nations Cup and yet he just showed us some mad way of defending. Hes just too crap. That guy that played that penalty must be vexing cos i wont understand why we blew that chance of beating the third best team in South America on their soil.
Re: Football Friendly: Nigeria Vs Mexico by crazyT(m): 10:27am On Oct 15, 2007
I am happy Nigeria was able to draw with Mexico; I never thought we could get the opportunity to score a goal talk less of drawing and even getting the opportunity to beat them (the last penalty) in their home ground. Nigerian's should sometimes appreciate there players. Scotland is a “midget” nation in football but today they are the thorn in the flesh of Italy and France (the football giants)
Mexico is no push over in today’s modern football.

No one (football critics) would have complained if Mexico has trashed us 3 – 0.
Re: Football Friendly: Nigeria Vs Mexico by champredd(m): 11:25am On Oct 15, 2007
I happy with the draw, but considering the comments and analysis on this thread I was not able to watch the match I think Nigeria should have won. That would have been spectacular. cool
Re: Football Friendly: Nigeria Vs Mexico by rockiedink(m): 12:45pm On Oct 15, 2007
yeah! Nigerians should be 'HAPPY' with the outcome of yesterday's match, crap!!!

With a Mikel 'Useless' Obi in the midfield busy shoving and elbowing anyone nearby and a clumsy, 'young' Taiye Taiwo just showing us how much he is so out of form; if we go to Ghana with those two in their current form, God help us a country like Benin, who have successfully stopped Togo, thrash us like 4-0!!!

I still think Onyekachi Okonkwo is better suited to the position than Mikel; I wonder what happend to the spirit of Holland 2005 in those boys, they just seem to have lost it. I fear for Nigerian football oooo!!!!!!

Well, thank God Martins was able to score two goals. As for Uche watzisname, he has no excuses for blowing away the penalty all in the name of first-time; afterall, Martins, Makinwa (yes!!! Makinwa as useless as he is), Nsofor, Agali and, all scored and played well on their respective debuts, he's lucky Amodu is njot the coach otherwise a second chance would have been doubtful,
Re: Football Friendly: Nigeria Vs Mexico by rockiedink(m): 12:50pm On Oct 15, 2007
yeah! Nigerians should be 'HAPPY' with the outcome of yesterday's match, crap!!!

With a Mikel 'Useless' Obi in the midfield busy shoving and elbowing anyone nearby and a clumsy, 'young' Taiye Taiwo just showing us how much he is so out of form; if we go to Ghana with those two in their current form, God help us a country like Benin, who have successfully stopped Togo, thrash us like 4-0!!!

I still think Onyekachi Okonkwo is better suited to the position than Mikel; I wonder what happend to the spirit of Holland 2005 in those boys, they just seem to have lost it. I fear for Nigerian football oooo!!!!!!

Well, thank God Martins was able to score two goals. As for Uche watzisname, he has no excuses for blowing away the penalty all in the name of first-time; afterall, Martins, Makinwa (yes!!! Makinwa as useless as he is), Nsofor, Agali and, all scored and played well on their respective debuts, he's lucky Amodu is njot the coach otherwise a second chance would have been doubtful,
Re: Football Friendly: Nigeria Vs Mexico by teeboy2007: 12:53pm On Oct 15, 2007
tkb417:

@topeorekoy
have you asked youreself why Mexico is playing us when its not as if they are preparing for a Nations Cup Qualifier too?
You need good teams to shape up your team, the colour and race of your opponenents in friendlies wont affect you one inch.

i am trying to say that y is there no african team in the friendlies lined up for the super eagles when we are preparing for the nation's cup. i wasnt refering to the mexico match.

we are palying slovenia, switzerland (mainly european teams), we shld play a friendly with an african team
Re: Football Friendly: Nigeria Vs Mexico by Nobody: 12:54pm On Oct 15, 2007
@rockiedink
you are a big fool with a loosen mouth
you dare call mikel useless?
don't forget he is your age-mate
and any further abuse on the poor boy
will make me think you are jealous  grin

Either you like it or not, mikel is a member
of the first 11 eleven team of both
chelsea and nigeria

hiss at rockiedink
Re: Football Friendly: Nigeria Vs Mexico by mekoyo(m): 1:05pm On Oct 15, 2007
Martins was just great. Excellent goals coming from him there. I think Ikechukwu Uche is his strike partner their combination for the few minutes was good.

Did you see Mikel? He tried just needs a little more experience.
Re: Football Friendly: Nigeria Vs Mexico by tkb417(m): 1:32pm On Oct 15, 2007
you are a big fool with a loosen mouth
you dare call mikel useless?
don't forget he is your age-mate
and any further abuse on the poor boy
will make me think you are jealous

Either you like it or not, mikel is a member
of the first 11 eleven team of both
chelsea and nigeria
is Mikel your relative? or why all these abuses. take it easy man
Re: Football Friendly: Nigeria Vs Mexico by Egavlas(m): 1:54pm On Oct 15, 2007
rockiedink:

@rockiedink

His name is IKECHUKWU UCHE and he is one of our brightest  prospects for now.
For you to say that makinwa and the rest scored on their respective debuts(insinuating that mexico was uche's debut), shows that you don't know anything about Naija football.

Uche played against Lesotho in the Nations cup qualifier some weeks back and yes, he scored. He scored a goal, helped in making a penalty which Mikel lost and was by far the most exciting player on that day , followed by Osaze.
so get your facts right.
On that same day he rounded the Lesotho keeper just to see his goal bound shot stop on the goal line due to a water drenched pitch.

People miss penalties. There have been worst penalties taken by more established players.
Go check out David Bechams horrible penalty misses. They are embarrasing even to the person who is watching it.
Check out some recent terrible penalty kicks from well established players so enough of that.

We recognize the huge talent and potential in Ikechukwu Uche(His brother, Kalu Uche by the way is in spain as well and has played for nigeria in qualifiers sometime between 2003 and 2005 and scored).
Re: Football Friendly: Nigeria Vs Mexico by Nobody: 2:06pm On Oct 15, 2007
tkb417:

is Mikel your relative? or why all these abuses. take it easy man

Mikel isn't my relative but how can someone
call the lad "useless"?
Ask him he will tell you he is a man-u fan like you

ferguson's hatred on mikel has being lately passed to him
Re: Football Friendly: Nigeria Vs Mexico by Bigtee(m): 2:26pm On Oct 15, 2007
MIkel Played rubbish.
We had the chance to winn the game but blew it
ANyways, Danny Shittu played well. Obagoal was good too. Dickson Etuhu (a Carrick Wannabe) was OK.
Taye Taiwo was off-form. Why in the world did Vogt use Rabiu Afolabi.

Good game for me though.

Ike should take things easy and Vogts please let my boy Osaze Peter Odemiwinge Play against Australia (pair him with Obinna Nsofor.
Re: Football Friendly: Nigeria Vs Mexico by ochukoccna: 2:52pm On Oct 15, 2007
[b][/b][/color]WHY r NIGERIANS SO CRITICAL.LETs NOT THROW AWAY THE BABY WITH THE BATHWATER.UCHE MISSED A PENALTY, SO WHAT?SO U GUYS COULD CELEBRATE A PHYRRIC VICTORY?FACE IT, VOGTS IS BUILDING A NEW TEAM& THANK GOD WE ARE SEEING NEW PLAYERS [THOUGH IF THAT'S ADVISABLE WITH GHANA 2008 JUST 2 MONTHS AWAY]. NONETHELESS HE'S BLOODING PLAYERS THAT WOULD NEVER HAVE SEEN THE LIGHT OF DAY UNDER CHUKWU OR EGUAVOEN. WE LACKED A PLAYER WHO COULD HOLD THE BALL LIKE KANU YESTERDAY BUT EVEN IF KANU PLAYs @ GHANA WHO'LL REPLACE HIM AFTERWARD SEEING HE'S 31. SHITTU 4 ME WAS VERY SOLID YET HIS COCACOLA CHAMPIONSHIP LEAGUE MATE [OLOFINJANA] DOESNT SEEM TO BE A SUPER EAGLE MATERIAL. KEITA IF NOT AYILA SHOULD DO THAT HOLDING MIDFIELD 4 US. AS 4 MIKEL, MAYBE CHEALSEA'S JAMBODY FOOTBALL IS AFFECTING HIM. YET CREDIT TO THE FE PASSES HE SPRAYED AFTER OLOFINJANA'S EXIT SHOWED GLIMPSES OF THE PLAYER WE ALL AWED AFTER HOLLAND 2005. OUR WINGBACKS A NOT SO SOLID WHILST OUR MIDFIELD LACKS COMPOSURE. I WONDER WHAT VOGTS WAS DOING PLAYING 2 DEFENSIVE MIDFIELDERS 2GEDA B4 OLOFIN'S EXIT. WAS HE TRYING TO APE MOURINHO? THE TEAM  SEEMS TO BE FORMING THOUGH VOGTS SELECTION @ TIMES BRINGS WRINKLES ON OUR FACES. [color=#770077]HOWEVER RECALL HE's TRYING TO GIVE EVERY1 A  CHANCE LIKE WESTERHOF WAS EXPERIMENTATION COST US A PLACE  IN ITALIA90 YET MADE AMENDS 4 YEARS LATER WITH WHAT ARGUABLY IS OUR BEST TEAM EVER.NIGERIANS NUST CHOOSE BETWEEN WINNING GHANA WITH A RAGTAG TEAM OR HAVING A COHESIVE TEAM 4 2010 &BEYOND. KUDOS HOWEVER 2 razor sharp MARTINS. aBEG LEAVE NWECASTLE IN JANUARY! [/color]HE FINALLY SEEMS TO HAVE FOUND HIS STRIKE PARTNER IN ik UCHE. ALONG WITH UTAKA& OZAZE, THEIR PACE CAN WRECK ANY TEAM.UP PAPA EAGLES! GUNNER 4 LIFE.[b][/b][color=#990000]
Re: Football Friendly: Nigeria Vs Mexico by topeorekoy(m): 3:14pm On Oct 15, 2007
AFTERMATH OF THE MATCH:

2 hotel rooms belonging to these players were broken into and some of thier materials were stolen

IKECHUKWU UCHE- $5K, LAPTOP AND WALLET
DICKSON ETUHU- WALLET WITH CASH, CREDIT CARD
PAUL OBIEFULE- 3000 EURO
MENASAH- WALLET, LAPTOP, WRIST WATCH, CREDIT CARD AND CASH
Re: Football Friendly: Nigeria Vs Mexico by dosluvexis: 4:47pm On Oct 15, 2007
what time is the match bt nigeria and mexico. Please i like to get the update
Re: Football Friendly: Nigeria Vs Mexico by dosluvexis: 4:56pm On Oct 15, 2007
boyz in the house what is the scoreline of the match bt nigeria vs mexico
Re: Football Friendly: Nigeria Vs Mexico by jejelolatu(f): 5:29pm On Oct 15, 2007
i think after yesterdays match there should be bold adverts on all national and international newspapers and that advert should read:

VACANCY. VACANCY ,VACANCY

players wanted urgently.

left full back.
right full back
attacking midfielders
and
psychologists

QUALIFICATIONS.

players must  have regular shirts in any major club in or around europe.

PLEASE APPLY IN PERSON.

lol,
seriously thou,
this is a serious issue.mikel and taiye taiwo need competition.and until they have it,they will keep playing without any regard for the rules of the game or for their country.

as for the right full back position,the coach has used about three players after the injured odiah and he his yet to find a replacement. onyekachi apam is slow in launching attacks from the back and when he does get to front he has difficulty in getting back to his position.

hence,because of apam and taiwo, our wings was totally disfuntional against mehico.

mikel didnt have any reason to play well in yesterdays match cause he knows that no matter how pissed the coach  gets because of him,he can't substitute him. moreso mikel has become a defensive midfielder,i can count the number of times he crossed the centre line.he was playing deep in the midfield.and in a game were we had olofinjanna and kaita,mikel had no business defending.
Re: Football Friendly: Nigeria Vs Mexico by gidig(m): 5:34pm On Oct 15, 2007
The lads tried o! Considering the kind of preparation they had. Also, the team must become very comfortable with playing together confidently. I Really appreciate Vogts for arranging these matches before the  world cup. Its great!

I am not a very critical person but I must agree  with everyone that Taiy Taiwo has a challenge playing a against skillful and fast players, especially when they realise that he uses just one leg very well. I am beginning to think that he is one of those players that are deemed 'uncoachable''

For Mikel, he did not do that badly. Mikel flourishes  with a very mobile team. He is a one touch gut-not an Okocha that will carry the midfield on his back.His going to Chelsea accentuated that! He is a great lad and once we can get a very confifdent midfield that  wont give him extra burden, he will vome good! He is good! I wish he was in the eagle sin the days of Okocha. Mikel is a coaches dream;players who keep the team moving in  any chosen direction.
Re: Football Friendly: Nigeria Vs Mexico by tjadeba(m): 5:41pm On Oct 15, 2007
Aiyenugba---Yeoman's job,but i think he should be calmer and less jittery but i beleive he would be ok with more matches in his kitty
Shittu--[/b]for the first time in so many years,am seeing a replacement for Uche Okechukwu,very confident and calculating
[b]Apam
--with nore games,he would be there, did a good job
Rabiu--did his best,but i think he still needs to up his game
Taiwo the tornado--worst player on the pitch.i think its high time we looked for a replacement for this guy, he is a super eagles misfit
Olofinjana--thinks he had an average game but i think he can do better if what we hear about his performance for Wolves is anything to go by
Mikel--[/b]this guy needs to add finesse to his game, he was too bullish in tackling the opponents, i wonder what he has learnt since playing for Chelsea, i think he needs a psychologist to help him with his play but pending when he would be at his best,i think Onyekachi should be in charge of that department
[b]Utaka
--not much was seen of this great Nigerian footballer mainly because his wing wasnt used or was rarely used in the game, he was just smiling and 'resting' througout the game
Manasseh--needs more games in the super eagles but he flunked a chance in the game, not really a bad outing
Obagoal--fantastic goals from the weapon of mass destruction,he should have taken that penalty, Allardyce needs a rethink else he will loose this chap
Uche--he could have scored that goal one on one with the goal keeper, but we should not forget that the best players in the world have lost penalties
Vogts--needs to do more job with the palyers in the midfield

Super Eagles--think they had an above average game--kudos
Re: Football Friendly: Nigeria Vs Mexico by Egavlas(m): 7:15pm On Oct 15, 2007
jejelolatu:

i think after yesterdays match there should be bold adverts on all national and international newspapers and that advert should read:

VACANCY. VACANCY ,VACANCY

players wanted urgently.

left full back.
right full back
attacking midfielders
and
psychologists

QUALIFICATIONS.

players must have regular shirts in any major club in or around europe.

PLEASE APPLY IN PERSON.

lol,
seriously thou,
this is a serious issue.mikel and taiye taiwo need competition.and until they have it,they will keep playing without any regard for the rules of the game or for their country.

as for the right full back position,the coach has used about three players after the injured odiah and he his yet to find a replacement. onyekachi apam is slow in launching attacks from the back and when he does get to front he has difficulty in getting back to his position.

hence,because of apam and taiwo, our wings was totally disfuntional against mehico.

mikel didnt have any reason to play well in yesterdays match cause he knows that no matter how pissed the coach gets because of him,he can't substitute him. moreso mikel has become a defensive midfielder,i can count the number of times he crossed the centre line.he was playing deep in the midfield.and in a game were we had olofinjanna and kaita,mikel had no business defending.

Once again jejelolatu, am amazed at ur knowledge being a Lady.

You must be a real football fan.
Re: Football Friendly: Nigeria Vs Mexico by kojeiwa(m): 7:35pm On Oct 15, 2007
Next Friendly - Nigeria vs Australia - November 17
Re: Football Friendly: Nigeria Vs Mexico by Aussie(m): 6:18am On Oct 16, 2007
Hi House,

So far we had a wonderful outing in Mexico.
Take it or leave it, when FIFA ranking comes out, Nigeria will be NO. 1 in Africa and top 20 in the world.

The standard of the match was high and the crowd turn-out was impressive.

Spectacular game.

Expecting to see the next friendly match with KING KANU>
Re: Football Friendly: Nigeria Vs Mexico by 9ja4eva: 9:51am On Oct 16, 2007
I hope Vogts knows what he is doing
Re: Football Friendly: Nigeria Vs Mexico by onometj(m): 10:21am On Oct 16, 2007
embarassedchei naija bleeped up from 2-0 thanks to martins kiss back to 2-2 cryit was not good at all then a last minute penalty for naija's ikechuku to make it 3-2 shocked he just blasted it over the bar but ill say that we did a good job although the match was between naija's no.9 and mexico's no.9 smiley
taye taiwo messed up, :omikel performed below average undecided
but lets say the mexican were faster than us :Pand theve got good freekick takers ;Dlike dos santos and the no.7
good match ,
final score, NIG:2-MEX:2
angry
Re: Football Friendly: Nigeria Vs Mexico by TawaTemi1(f): 4:01pm On Oct 16, 2007
So far this is our 1st International friendly match b4 this nations cup, its still ok by me.

But with further friendlies with good teams, i think we can do better at the World and this nations cup.

Friendly matches are meant to prepare a team, looking into any possible flaws and thereby make corrections.

Those that are not performing up to task will be advised to improve and put in more energy like the guy that lost a penalty.

I just wish Nigeria best of luck. grin grin grin
Re: Football Friendly: Nigeria Vs Mexico by tommyex(m): 9:36am On Oct 17, 2007
JEJELOLATU

I am highly impressed with ur knowledge of the game and your observation that Mikel was sitting back alot,very true to tactics.From what i saw of Vogts,the team will look like that alot of the time except when kanu plays to link the midfield and attack,But with Kanu's exception he coulda tried another formation with 2 fast wingers in Utaka and Osaze,with 2 midfielders sitting back,defending and sprayin the crosses to our fast strikers.
Though MIKEL had issues with marking,most of the time this season he has looked outa sorts,kinda like he is finkin of his pregnant wife,lol.

there is hope 4 us in the nations cup,Watch out 4 UCHE in the nations cup,he can outshine MARTINS,mark my words 4 it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pool Sure Draws For Week 19. / "Eagles Door Still Open For Enyeama" — Rohr / 2016 Funny Football Memes-drop Yours

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.