Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,845 members, 7,820,937 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:09 AM

Football Friendly: Nigeria Vs Mexico - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Football Friendly: Nigeria Vs Mexico (10181 Views)

Int'l Friendly: Nigeria Vs Cameroon 3.0 (Live) / Fifa Women Under-20 World Cup: Nigeria Vs Mexico, FULLTIME (1:1) / Super Eagles Vs Mexico - (2 - 2) -Intl Friendly On May 31 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Football Friendly: Nigeria Vs Mexico by elile99(m): 11:48am On Oct 18, 2007
onome_tj:

embarassedchei naija bleeped up from 2-0 thanks to martins kiss back to 2-2 cryit was not good at all then a last minute penalty for naija's ikechuku to make it 3-2 shocked he just blasted it over the bar but ill say that we did a good job although the match was between naija's no.9 and mexico's no.9 smiley
taye taiwo messed up, :omikel performed below average undecided
but lets say the mexican were faster than us :Pand theve got good freekick takers ;Dlike dos santos and the no.7
good match ,
final score, NIG:2-MEX:2
angry

I give Nigeria a win, Nigeria did better in the game at least 60% of the game was owned by The Eagles,even if we missed last minute penalty (it should have been given to Martins)
Re: Football Friendly: Nigeria Vs Mexico by dblock(m): 12:31pm On Oct 18, 2007
Good result.

Najia had the game, but ya know Shit happens. It happens to all teams. It's nothing new.

However I am glad that Nigeria went their and was the better team. Mexico is ranked higher than Nigeria, and were the favorites.

I have to say I have been disappointed with the Super Eagles in recent times, but this result suggests that the formidable Super Eagles may be emerging again, this is vital for the Nations cup in Ghana & the World Cup Qualifiers.!

Well done Obagoal Well done Vogts,

Not the result we were all hoping for, but let's be real here, how many of us really though that Nigeria would Win or Draw?
Re: Football Friendly: Nigeria Vs Mexico by PDF: 10:56pm On Oct 24, 2007
Naija moves up 4 places in the latest FIFA ranking. Mexico drops two places below.

Argentina is the top ranked team at the moment, followed by Brazil and Italy

Source
Re: Football Friendly: Nigeria Vs Mexico by folahann(m): 12:59am On Oct 25, 2007
losing a two goal lead is not to be reckoned with a good team
Re: Football Friendly: Nigeria Vs Mexico by 9ja4eva: 5:26am On Oct 25, 2007
Good teams loose too.I think we should work on our defence and midfield, We are so poor in defence especially
Re: Football Friendly: Nigeria Vs Mexico by Tobyrocks(m): 4:16pm On Oct 25, 2007
peeps lets try to be objective, from my standpoint it was a fairly average game for naija .mikel had no reason to play
dat match, the other bulky striker was too slow for d mexican defence, and dos santos should play in a circus, did u see how he turned a full 360 in d air before landin over dat challenge, and whoever is dat uche guy kicking our penalty
into d stands like his life depended on it. chop knuckle for one man riot martins he was on top of his game
Re: Football Friendly: Nigeria Vs Mexico by dblock(m): 12:04pm On Oct 27, 2007
The Match means that Nigeria now has an offence that is capable of producing goals, yet we don't have a defence that is capable at the moment, Taiwo has not been in top form and Yobo and a couple other defenders have been out,

So we didn't have our strongest defence on the day, so naturally we were bound to concede, Nigeria could have beaten Mexico, and on another occasion I'm sure Nigeria will. But it's a great result. Mexico is ranked higher than Nigeria and all Vogts has to do now is create a team, that is strong in all areas, and we might be witnessing the return of the Golden Eagles. Or at least confirming why we are known as the Super Eagles. Nigeria has the largest pool of talents on the continent, so if we cannot progress on the world stage, which African team will. Let's not forget what happened Last year in Germany, Ghana was the only decent African team there.

Cheers to the Eagles☻
Re: Football Friendly: Nigeria Vs Mexico by 9ja4eva: 11:48pm On Oct 29, 2007
Hopefully Vogts picks the best team for us

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pool Sure Draws For Week 19. / "Eagles Door Still Open For Enyeama" — Rohr / Yakubu Wins Eurosport Premier League Goal Of The Week

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.