Stats: 3,193,939 members, 7,952,784 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 12:40 AM

Yaya Boni Defeats Gej To Become AU Chairman. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yaya Boni Defeats Gej To Become AU Chairman. (13855 Views)

Invasion Of Nigeria By Benin Rep:1914 Agreement Has Expired, Boni Yayi Tells PMB / Buhari Receives H.E. Boni-Yayi, Benin Republic President In Abuja (photos) / Boni Haruna Cries After Seeing Boko Haram Destruction In Adamawa (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

Re: Yaya Boni Defeats Gej To Become AU Chairman. by olapluto(m): 11:05pm On Jan 29, 2012
despite out huge delegate number?
Re: Yaya Boni Defeats Gej To Become AU Chairman. by phreakabit(m): 11:06pm On Jan 29, 2012
[size=14pt]Well this is great news  grin . . . .Now, no one would have the guts look at us to send ECOMOG troops to their shitty country when the need arises.With BH in the country, we can do with all the military personnels we have. Its becoming ever so glaring that other African countries have a grudge for Nigeria.[/size]
Re: Yaya Boni Defeats Gej To Become AU Chairman. by adamaw2tuf: 11:07pm On Jan 29, 2012
really is this true?
Re: Yaya Boni Defeats Gej To Become AU Chairman. by Nobody: 11:13pm On Jan 29, 2012
AU still exist ? Where were they when the West murdered Gaddafi with a precision drone
Re: Yaya Boni Defeats Gej To Become AU Chairman. by rosettastone: 11:15pm On Jan 29, 2012
Since it was ceremonial and by implication, unimportant , Goodluck shldnt have shown interest.   grin
Re: Yaya Boni Defeats Gej To Become AU Chairman. by prodam(m): 11:18pm On Jan 29, 2012
no news at all,
we all knew, he was never going to win
Re: Yaya Boni Defeats Gej To Become AU Chairman. by santa101: 11:32pm On Jan 29, 2012
mayb madam was there
Re: Yaya Boni Defeats Gej To Become AU Chairman. by Agbesky: 11:33pm On Jan 29, 2012
Mr joe, you shouldnt have contested, you know why?, your were trying to consume more than you could chew!
Re: Yaya Boni Defeats Gej To Become AU Chairman. by Demdem(m): 11:36pm On Jan 29, 2012
If not for the continental cabals, the retardeen would have won. Spare him guys.
Re: Yaya Boni Defeats Gej To Become AU Chairman. by Johnpaul2k2(m): 11:40pm On Jan 29, 2012
let GEJ focus on Nigeria problems first cool
Re: Yaya Boni Defeats Gej To Become AU Chairman. by Nobody: 11:41pm On Jan 29, 2012
Derez no JEGA to help em out,

​=))º°˚˚˚°ºнaĦaнaº°˚˚˚°º‎​=))
Re: Yaya Boni Defeats Gej To Become AU Chairman. by aljharem(m): 11:42pm On Jan 29, 2012
I think we should have supported GEJ on this in as much as charity begins at home. at the end of the day, he is our representative to the outside world
Re: Yaya Boni Defeats Gej To Become AU Chairman. by member479760: 11:50pm On Jan 29, 2012
"Mr. Jonathan had injected himself into the contest as a last minute attempt to become the chair of AU but his effort was stoutly opposed by Ghana leading several West African nations that claimed Mr. Boni's nomination was already agreed upon at a mini-summit of the Economic Community of Wes African States (ECOWAS)."

This tell you who is GEJ! OUTLAW, BETRAYER, INCONSISTENT, etc.

and this the person one expect to move this country forward.
Re: Yaya Boni Defeats Gej To Become AU Chairman. by assetstrap(m): 12:19am On Jan 30, 2012
You can't as an African leader endorse western powers to bomb another African country and kill her head of state and then expect to lead the AU. It would have sent a very terrible signal if Jonathan were made head of AU, someone who is easily assuaged by the west.
Re: Yaya Boni Defeats Gej To Become AU Chairman. by ektbear: 12:19am On Jan 30, 2012
Demdem:

If not for the continental cabals, the retardeen would have won. Spare him guys.

On a serious note, it wasn't Nigeria's turn, was it? He reneged on the agreement.

This seems to be a habit with this dude. . .
Re: Yaya Boni Defeats Gej To Become AU Chairman. by egift(m): 12:23am On Jan 30, 2012
AU officials know that the first thing Jonathan will do is to:
1. Ask for tenure elongation.
2. Remove all form subsidy in Africa.
3. Unleash Boko Haram in the continent and ask Africans to live with it and pray for them to repent.
Re: Yaya Boni Defeats Gej To Become AU Chairman. by Ironi: 12:27am On Jan 30, 2012
egift:

AU officials know that the first thing Jonathan will do is to:
1. Ask for tenure elongation.
2. [b]Remove all form subsidy in Africa.

3. Unleash Boko Haram in Africa and ask the black to live with it and pray for them. [/b]

What form subsidy? where?
Re: Yaya Boni Defeats Gej To Become AU Chairman. by Abimbola29(m): 12:42am On Jan 30, 2012
This shows that jona is just too hungry to get every available position he can lay his hands on,when u know the problem nigeria is having is a burden that only one man can not carry,he has not finish with the setwation at hand
Re: Yaya Boni Defeats Gej To Become AU Chairman. by prettyboi1(m): 1:01am On Jan 30, 2012
Baba God na your hand work o,We Bless you Lord. Under Jonathan's very own clueless eyes,Nigeria is falling apart & he can't even do anything & he couldn't even be truthful enough to tell himself that he's not competent enough to be called a leader yet he went contesting for A.u. chairmanship. I love my country & I love my continent,if I have to just manage Jonathan's Cluelessness in my country,I shouldn't be selfish enough to let him extend this Cluelessness to the rest of the continent.
Re: Yaya Boni Defeats Gej To Become AU Chairman. by oiseworld: 1:04am On Jan 30, 2012
ghana, you have come again with your gra gra. i hope you are supportive to your new AU leader

wish you the best.
Re: Yaya Boni Defeats Gej To Become AU Chairman. by prettyboi1(m): 1:17am On Jan 30, 2012
assetstrap:

You can't as an African leader endorse western powers to bomb another African country and kill her head of state and then expect to lead the AU. It would have sent a very terrible signal if Jonathan were made head of AU, someone who is easily assuaged by the west.

EXACTLY,I remember very clearly seeing Jonathan on t.v. endorsing & fully supporting the west's bombing of Libya & the attacks on Gaddafi(rest in peace) & I was asking myself that day if Jonathan was so dull as to believe the lies the west was telling about their mission in Libya & the personal beef they had with Gaddafi? (he didn't even wait for A.u.'s sorting out of the situation,he just endorsed that he supported the west). Now the same man wants to run A.u. The guys in A.u. too know that if Jonathan became A.u. chairman,not only would boko haram start throwing bashes & hosting parties across Africa but also,all of us would wake up & see at least 20 Europeans in our beds cos they would just capture & re-colonize the whole continent in just 1 night.
Re: Yaya Boni Defeats Gej To Become AU Chairman. by prettyboi1(m): 1:36am On Jan 30, 2012
LeoMax:

AU still exist ? Where were they when the West murdered Gaddafi with a precision drone

Bro I remember clearly that A.u. was running around in the.beginning days of the Libyan crisis trying to fix the situation but people like Jonathan who always believe the "almighty west" is always right just gave their endorsements to the west like that like that,the whole thing didn't make sense eventually. I REMEMBER VERY VERY CLEARLY JONATHAN PLEDGING HIS ENDORSEMENT TO THE WEST'S INVASION OF LIBYA(even when A.u. was trying to fix things up) & IT REALLY HURT ME HOW DAFT JONATHAN COULD REALLY BE. (it plays in my head almost everyday), Even the very day that the al-qaeda led rebels took over the presidential compound in Libya,I remember Jonathan being the very first president to officially accept the NLC REBELS AS THE NEW LEGITIMATE GOVERNMENT WITHOUT EVEN KNOWING WHAT THE REAL SITUATION IN LIBYA REALLY WAS (on the very same night) even when Au was still scrambling around. I also remember that a couple of newspapers & tv stations here in Nigeria criticized him for hurriedly supporting the invasion of Libya & the recognition of the ntc. All in all,the whole situation got disorganized eventually.
Re: Yaya Boni Defeats Gej To Become AU Chairman. by dayokanu(m): 1:42am On Jan 30, 2012
Retardeen disgraced again Maybe its the CPC and Buhari again
Re: Yaya Boni Defeats Gej To Become AU Chairman. by Goshen360(m): 1:43am On Jan 30, 2012
No comment, you have said it ALL.
Re: Yaya Boni Defeats Gej To Become AU Chairman. by kulutempa: 1:47am On Jan 30, 2012
The man loves power and all its trappings.  The only problem is that he doesn't seem to realise that power comes with responsibility and sacrifice.
He thinks it all about posing for photographs, making empty promises, and flying around in presidential jets.
Re: Yaya Boni Defeats Gej To Become AU Chairman. by prettyboi1(m): 1:53am On Jan 30, 2012
kulutempa:

The man loves power and all its trappings.  The only problem is that he doesn't seem to realise that power comes with responsibility and sacrifice.
He thinks it all about posing for photographs, making empty promises, and flying around in presidential jets.

kulutempa:

I love this & I agree with you.
Re: Yaya Boni Defeats Gej To Become AU Chairman. by samguru(m): 2:10am On Jan 30, 2012
Į̸̸̨τ̲̅ ȋ̝̊̅§ not strange as other african leaders cannot avoid to mortgage their continental unity to ineptitude of GEJ
Re: Yaya Boni Defeats Gej To Become AU Chairman. by MarcAnthon(m): 3:16am On Jan 30, 2012
phreakabit:

[size=14pt]Well this is great news  grin . . . .Now, no one would have the guts look at us to send ECOMOG troops to their shitty country when the need arises.With BH in the country, we can do with all the military personnels we have. Its becoming ever so glaring that other African countries have a grudge for Nigeria.[/size]

You are the true definition of OLODO
So because they did not support his badly thought out, power hungry decision to renege on a gentleman's agreement to put forward the Benin president it means they have a grudge against Nigeria eh? When will you guys get your heads out of Jonadunce's ars3 and become your own men?
If he had any sense and shame at all he'd have even sent his foreign minister there in the first place so he could stay back home and try to fix all the wahala on the home front as well as save some face wrt his ignominious stance during the Ghadaffi saga.
Rather he went there with an overbloated entourage to seek to usurp an agreement. Thank God they disgraced him. Id1ot!
Re: Yaya Boni Defeats Gej To Become AU Chairman. by success4(m): 4:31am On Jan 30, 2012
[size=48pt]GEJ=Supplanter[/size]
Re: Yaya Boni Defeats Gej To Become AU Chairman. by dayokanu(m): 4:33am On Jan 30, 2012
MarcAnthon:

You are the true definition of OLODO
So because they did not support his badly thought out, power hungry decision to renege on a gentleman's agreement to put forward the Benin president it means they have a grudge against Nigeria eh? When will you guys get your heads out of Jonadunce's ars3 and become your own men?
If he had any sense and shame at all he'd have even sent his foreign minister there in the first place so he could stay back home and try to fix all the wahala on the home front as well as save some face wrt his ignominious stance during the Ghadaffi saga.
Rather he went there with an overbloated entourage to seek to usurp an agreement. Thank God they disgraced him. Id1ot!

^^ Sorry I know I have asked before, Are you sure you are Ibo?

Cos you seem independent minded
Re: Yaya Boni Defeats Gej To Become AU Chairman. by seunlayi(m): 5:09am On Jan 30, 2012
maybe he was not ready to part with something for the other AU members. Afterall, Gaddafi and Abacha where once chairman of the union

FG To Regulate Use Of Social Media In Nigeria / Rochas Okorocha Celebrates His 53rd Birthday Today! / Breaking:rivers Assembly Swears In Newly Elected Lawmakers Tomorrow