Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,852 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:45 AM

Yaya Boni Defeats Gej To Become AU Chairman. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yaya Boni Defeats Gej To Become AU Chairman. (13777 Views)

Invasion Of Nigeria By Benin Rep:1914 Agreement Has Expired, Boni Yayi Tells PMB / Buhari Receives H.E. Boni-Yayi, Benin Republic President In Abuja (photos) / Boni Haruna Cries After Seeing Boko Haram Destruction In Adamawa (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yaya Boni Defeats Gej To Become AU Chairman. by Gbawe: 4:30pm On Jan 29, 2012
http://saharareporters.com/news-page/president-yayi-boni-benin-republic-defeats-nigerias-jonathan-become-au-chairman

President Yayi Boni Of Benin Republic "Defeats" Nigeria's Jonathan To Become AU Chairman
Posted: January 29, 2012 - 15:29

By SaharaReporters, New York

The President of Benin republic, Yayi Boni, has been elected as the chairman of the African Union (AU) after a group of West African nations led by Ghana opposed the candidature of Nigeria's President Goodluck Jonathan.

Boni will be taking over the chairmanship of the African Union (AU) from Equatorial Guinea's dictator Teodoro Obiang Nguema.

Mr. Jonathan had injected himself into the contest as a last minute attempt to become the chair of AU but his effort was stoutly opposed by Ghana leading several West African nations that claimed Mr. Boni's nomination was already agreed upon at a mini-summit of the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS).

It was not clear if Mr. Jonathan withdrew his candidature after ECOWAS member states blocked his bid to become the AU chair. However, Mr. Boni was announced as the new chair of the African Union and takes over as Chairman at the 18th AU Summit in Addis Ababa today.

Re: Yaya Boni Defeats Gej To Become AU Chairman. by Acidosis(m): 4:38pm On Jan 29, 2012
hahaha no goodluck for u dis time
Re: Yaya Boni Defeats Gej To Become AU Chairman. by Nobody: 4:44pm On Jan 29, 2012
GEJ, this is not NLC where you can bribe them and order everyone to vote for you. Neither can you deploy your soldiers here as you did in Lagos. grin
Re: Yaya Boni Defeats Gej To Become AU Chairman. by gists: 4:44pm On Jan 29, 2012
Gbawe:

President Yayi Boni Of Benin Republic "Defeats" Nigeria's Jonathan To Become AU Chairman
Posted: January 29, 2012 - 15:29

By SaharaReporters, New York

The President of Benin republic, Yayi Boni, has been elected as the chairman of the African Union (AU) after a group of West African nations led by Ghana opposed the candidature of Nigeria's President Goodluck Jonathan.

Boni will be taking over the chairmanship of the African Union (AU) from Equatorial Guinea's dictator Teodoro Obiang Nguema.

Mr. Jonathan had injected himself into the contest as a last minute attempt to become the chair of AU but his effort was stoutly opposed by Ghana leading several West African nations that claimed Mr. Boni's nomination was already agreed upon at a mini-summit of the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS).

It was not clear if Mr. Jonathan withdrew his candidature after ECOWAS member states blocked his bid to become the AU chair. However, Mr. Boni was announced as the new chair of the African Union and takes over as Chairman at the 18th AU Summit in Addis Ababa today.

Poor GEJ he thinks other African leader are like him that don't honour gentle man's agreement
Re: Yaya Boni Defeats Gej To Become AU Chairman. by Osama10(m): 4:47pm On Jan 29, 2012
Why would somebody with a baggage of problems which has not been solved bother himself with the leadership of the AU?
Re: Yaya Boni Defeats Gej To Become AU Chairman. by Nobody: 4:49pm On Jan 29, 2012
Thank God GEJ did not win. I can't imagine the whole continent getting the kind of fresh air that emanates from his good-luck.

At least in a free and fair contest goodluck has no place but objectivity!
Re: Yaya Boni Defeats Gej To Become AU Chairman. by Nobody: 4:51pm On Jan 29, 2012
Thank you Ghana and co for saving us from this utter disgrace.
Re: Yaya Boni Defeats Gej To Become AU Chairman. by homerac7: 4:58pm On Jan 29, 2012
Nah!, ain't no true!, can't b!, impossicant!, oh! Sahara Reporters?, hohohoho, pack of lying "square eyed bull frogs", "awon Razists", unu go wound person here o! Benin Republic for down there floor my sweet arsed Oga ke? , "mu na da baki", we can bribe our way through any situation, u think say na nothing my madam, Peshe, carry 32 special okpeke follow body go dia ni? Common "quit sniffing gutter", 32 babes = 32 heads of states. Everybody get him price, I'm a living witness.

Let me go and answer madam first then I will come and spam ds thread and board wt pix and out-of-nowhere irrelevant online articles as I b.itch u all who hav taken stance against my lord and master.

U knw who I be, grin
Re: Yaya Boni Defeats Gej To Become AU Chairman. by Rhino5dm: 4:59pm On Jan 29, 2012
The poor sod must have thought of bribing them with 7000 dollars each, as was done in the PDP primaries at eagle square or thinks someone suffering from acute renal desaese will die for him to clinch the seat.

The end of LUCK!.
Re: Yaya Boni Defeats Gej To Become AU Chairman. by Nobody: 5:10pm On Jan 29, 2012
where is musiwa to come run some diagnostics
Re: Yaya Boni Defeats Gej To Become AU Chairman. by Nobody: 5:13pm On Jan 29, 2012
was Jonathan seriously running for AU chairman?

The man has not even been able to run Nigeria!
Re: Yaya Boni Defeats Gej To Become AU Chairman. by Demdem(m): 5:19pm On Jan 29, 2012
Thank u Ghana.
Re: Yaya Boni Defeats Gej To Become AU Chairman. by Rhino5dm: 5:33pm On Jan 29, 2012
The poor sod must have thought of bribing them with 7000 dollars each, as was done in the PDP primaries at eagle square or thinks someone suffering from acute renal desaese will die for him to clinch the seat.

The end of LUCK!.
Re: Yaya Boni Defeats Gej To Become AU Chairman. by MrGlobe(m): 5:34pm On Jan 29, 2012
So they want GEJ to go back with his private jet filled with cash and 'Neigbour to Neigbour' aides? Smh
seriously tho, how would somebody who cannot manage situation in bayelsa ala nigeria want to run Africa. Anywhere reuben abati is doing a good job of sycophancy afterall
Re: Yaya Boni Defeats Gej To Become AU Chairman. by Beaf: 5:38pm On Jan 29, 2012
The post of AU chairman is ceremonial.
Oustide ignorance, I don't see what the big deal is.
Anyways, haters gon' hate. grin
Re: Yaya Boni Defeats Gej To Become AU Chairman. by Nobody: 5:42pm On Jan 29, 2012
yes o! haters gona hate. Leave am like that you fowl
Re: Yaya Boni Defeats Gej To Become AU Chairman. by NegroNtns(m): 5:44pm On Jan 29, 2012
The post of AU chairman is ceremonial.
Oustide ignorance, I don't see what the big deal is.

. . . ."influential", fool!
Re: Yaya Boni Defeats Gej To Become AU Chairman. by musiwa43: 5:59pm On Jan 29, 2012
hmm
Re: Yaya Boni Defeats Gej To Become AU Chairman. by solihu(m): 6:29pm On Jan 29, 2012
grin grin Jo the clown! I have half a dozen presidential jets. I also have a budget of 1bn for food, I asked Nigerians to pray so that boko guys should repent. Sorry johnny your are worse than a catastrophe grin
Re: Yaya Boni Defeats Gej To Become AU Chairman. by kulutempa: 6:34pm On Jan 29, 2012
Dumbo Jumbo Jonathan, Mr Walking Disaster, does it again grin
Re: Yaya Boni Defeats Gej To Become AU Chairman. by Nobody: 6:40pm On Jan 29, 2012
This should show him his true position in Τ̲̅ђε̲̣̣̣̥ scale of things. Incompetence personified.
Re: Yaya Boni Defeats Gej To Become AU Chairman. by efisher(m): 6:47pm On Jan 29, 2012
Good thing. He already has too much home based trouble to worry about.
Re: Yaya Boni Defeats Gej To Become AU Chairman. by jmaine: 7:17pm On Jan 29, 2012
Okay . . .So what's the glee about
Re: Yaya Boni Defeats Gej To Become AU Chairman. by Nobody: 7:46pm On Jan 29, 2012
Even with three ministers in Ministry of Foreign Affairs, no one could give GEJ a simple piece of advice that jumping into a contest at last minute in a structure like AU with a formidable opposition in South Africa that commands the respect of the rest of Africa would spell disaster for him. No wonder, it was very easy to mobilise against him.

The position is ceremonial but it's one with influence and if manned by a very cerebral and intellectually endowed president, a country can use the platform to project her image and make a big capital out of it. Someone like GEJ, who did not see any thing wrong standing at the third role in a group photograph is the least competent to run such an organisation.
Re: Yaya Boni Defeats Gej To Become AU Chairman. by Nobody: 7:59pm On Jan 29, 2012
*heheehehehehe

grin grin grin

Yaya Boni you have my blessing jare. Imagine GEJ becoming AU Chairmen,he for don mess up the organization like he's messing up Nigeria.

Seriously, how did the doofus win our presidential campaign again? shocked
Re: Yaya Boni Defeats Gej To Become AU Chairman. by Nobody: 8:04pm On Jan 29, 2012
musiwa,,.:

now we can bring our issue before the africa union.

The discrimination of edo,delta and yorubas in nigeria.

I told you people before on nairaland.

happy birthday
e ku ajoyo ojo ibi, emi a sopo e o!
Re: Yaya Boni Defeats Gej To Become AU Chairman. by dustydee: 8:51pm On Jan 29, 2012
grin grin I don't think he contested, if he did good for him.
Re: Yaya Boni Defeats Gej To Become AU Chairman. by aparta(m): 9:04pm On Jan 29, 2012
What happened to GEJ goodluck. Has it stopped let's pray for goodluck for our president
Re: Yaya Boni Defeats Gej To Become AU Chairman. by eunisam: 9:06pm On Jan 29, 2012
nothing to loose
Re: Yaya Boni Defeats Gej To Become AU Chairman. by OAM4J: 9:10pm On Jan 29, 2012
hehehe. . . no fresh air for Africa  cheesy

Charity begins at home they say. . . let Jonathan sit down and fix his home 1st.

What nonsense? He has more than enough to deal with at home and yet he appears clueless with the solutions.

Thanks to the people responsible for this good badluck.
Re: Yaya Boni Defeats Gej To Become AU Chairman. by Obijulius: 9:13pm On Jan 29, 2012
yoruba haters r joyful. wen an igbo man rules dis country yorubas will implode on themselves wit hate r & envy.
Re: Yaya Boni Defeats Gej To Become AU Chairman. by dasparrow: 9:23pm On Jan 29, 2012
Hallelujah!! God has answered my prayer. I am VERY pleased. GEJ cannot even rule Nigeria and he wants to rule AU and bring his badluck and 'foul air' to the whole African continent? Abeg! Thank God! phew! cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ayba Wabba Emerges NLC President / Stella Oduah Elected President Of ECOWAS Female Parliamentarians / Ayim Won't Be Tolerant In Power As Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.