Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,174 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:53 AM

Sahara Reporters To Abati: You Lied - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sahara Reporters To Abati: You Lied (20990 Views)

Doyin Okupe Blasts Osinbajo:"You Lied In Church That Jonathan Built No Road'(pic / Abubakar Audu Is Dead - Sahara Reporters / Omidyar & Ford Foundation Financing Sahara Reporters To Promote Media Tyranny (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sahara Reporters To Abati: You Lied by egift(m): 2:57am On Jan 30, 2012
Sahara Reporters has replied presidential spokesman, Dr. Reuben abati, that it lied in a report it carried that the President, Dr. Goodluck Jonahtna, contrary to his promise of cutting spending on foreign trips, went to the African Union Summit that ended today in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, with a delegation that did not fulfill his pledge.

According to the reply written by Omoyele Sowore, Sahara Reporters accused abati of being economical with the truth by not stating the fact that the First Lady was also attending another fringe meeting on the side of the AU meeting involving First Ladies of other countries and thus had her own entourage.
Sahara Reporters put the entourage of the First Lady at 32, which was the total number of delegates Abati said was on the trip to Ethiopia.
The publication challenged Abati to make available to Nigerians the names and designations of those officially on the trip to Ethiopia with Jonathan to prove that the delegation was indeed not more than 32.

The letter by Sowore reads:

“Dear Reuben Abati,

“I read your cleverly written letter to me regarding our latest report on President Goodluck Jonathan’s junket to Ethiopia. In writing what purports to be a rejoinder, you deliberately left out details of our sms exchanges on the same issue. That omission, I suggest, was an attempt to evade the central issue raised in our report. Instead of confronting that issue – the list of delegates invited and sponsored by the Jonathan administration and his wife to Ethiopia – you chose to play a semantic game over what is a straight forward issue. I’ll respond to your rejoinder pointedly.

“1. You sent me a text message on Friday claiming that our report on the Ethiopia trip was false and malicious because, according to you, there was a “mix up” somewhere. I quickly responded, telling you that a truthful report could never be malicious. Thereafter, you sent another text saying you didn’t mean to criticize the report, but wanted to put matters straight. You proceeded to explain that there was only “one delegation” led by the president to Addis Ababa and that the number of people on the list was far lower than we reported. I quickly requested for the list. You responded by claiming that it was in your bag at your hotel room. However, you curiously sent another text claiming you couldn’t reach some people involved in getting the list as it was “past midnight” in Addis Ababa. My last text to you was a reminder that I would be waiting for your response regarding the list and size of the delegation. That response never came; instead, you released this letter that pretends to be a refutation, but is rather an attempt at obfuscation.

“2. You claimed that there was a single list of delegates to Ethiopia. That claim amounts to a puerile effort to conceal the fact that Mrs. Patience Jonathan was attending a program of African First Ladies which was different from the AU summit being attended by President Jonathan. This meant that the “First Lady” was traveling with a retinue of staff, associates and hangers-on to aid or support her “official” activities at a separate event from that of President Jonathan.

“3. As the president’s chief spokesman, you ought to have the delegate list. I challenge you then to provide the public with a breakdown of Mr. Jonathan’s “one delegation entourage” to Addis Ababa, categorized in order of designation of officials, their date of travel, mode of travel, and explanation of whether they were part of the advance party or arrived in Addis Ababa in the same aircraft as the President – or in an extra aircraft that was deployed.

“4. From your letter, it is clear that you concede that some “Nigerians” may have traveled with the delegation “unofficially.” Does this technical admission not defeat your initial insistence that there was only “one delegation”?

“5. SaharaReporters has a history of documenting the culture of waste occasioned by the profligate junkets by the Presidency. We are glad that your principal appears to have realized that wasteful trips need to be eliminated and the size of delegations cut – especially after the president’s scandalous outing in Perth, Australia where an out-of-control delegation engaged in waste, corruption and even broke Australian laws.

“6. We maintain that “First Lady” Patience Jonathan traveled with a retinue of aides, friends and associates to the tune of 32 people. Their travels and accommodation were arranged and paid for by the Nigerian government. What you owe the public is an obligation to be transparent. In this event, that entails releasing your official delegates’ list as well as names of associates, contractors, friends and “other Nigerians” the government gave a nod to visit along with the president and his wife on this trip to Addis Ababa. In other words, we await the release of that list that you claimed was in your bag in the hotel room in Addis Ababa. Thank you.”

http://saharareporters.com/press-release/%E2%80%9Cculture-waste-and-insensitivity%E2%80%9D-and-18th-au-summit-saharareporters-responds-reuben-a
Re: Sahara Reporters To Abati: You Lied by Kobojunkie: 3:09am On Jan 30, 2012

These, almost quarterly, back-and-forths our Government has with SaharaReporters is just hilarious.
Re: Sahara Reporters To Abati: You Lied by samguru(m): 3:10am On Jan 30, 2012
I know you can not win this argument against FG,my advice to saharareporters make sure you balance your reportage at anytime and allow your wise and knowledgeable readers to draw their conclusions.
God bless Nigeria
Re: Sahara Reporters To Abati: You Lied by Yeske2(m): 4:41am On Jan 30, 2012
How would Reuben take this?
Re: Sahara Reporters To Abati: You Lied by Lasinoh: 8:32am On Jan 30, 2012
Abeg make Jonathan find small money gif this Sowore dude make we hia word.
Na so that Rueben Abati take start.
This Sahara Reporters needs to just shut down for a while I swear.
I don't even go to that junky website anymore. kiss
Nigerian matters are very boring I tellya.
The same merry-go-round year in, year out.
Gosh! angry

How does anyone expect a crook for the SS. . . IJAWLAND for that matter to tell a single truth in his life?

Please, Sowore or whaareva you call yourself. . . stop wasting your time and mind your 'diasporan' business. People who really wanno change Nigeria should do so from Nigeria. Till then, you are no better than any of us. . . an armchair critic!
Thank you.  kiss
Re: Sahara Reporters To Abati: You Lied by Demdem(m): 8:33am On Jan 30, 2012
egift:

In other words, we await the release of that list that you claimed was in your bag in the hotel room in Addis Ababa. Thank you.”

ABATi, release this list or Shut the FFuck up.
Bunch of Liars.

egift:

“5. SaharaReporters has a history of documenting the culture of waste occasioned by the profligate junkets by the Presidency. We are glad that your principal appears to have realized that wasteful trips need to be eliminated and the size of delegations cut – especially after the president’s scandalous outing in Perth, Australia where an out-of-control delegation engaged in waste, corruption and even broke Australian laws.

I can still remember this event very well. The retardeen was caught pants down with an Aussie Ashie. angry angry angry
Re: Sahara Reporters To Abati: You Lied by jidewin(m): 8:47am On Jan 30, 2012
And jona DEMANDED WE SHOULD make
SACRIFICES,while he and his wife live on in
LUXURY UNCHECKED.
When will there ever be Leadership by example in
Nigeria?
Re: Sahara Reporters To Abati: You Lied by Nobody: 8:49am On Jan 30, 2012
Kai, see as Abati (PhD) take commit journalistic suicide.

Got to give it up to Sowore grin
His guerrilla tactics may be crude and infantile at the best of times, but so is the treacherous landscape he navigates beguilingly. grin grin grin
Re: Sahara Reporters To Abati: You Lied by gogodaye(m): 8:53am On Jan 30, 2012
This is rather not unusual or out of character of our newly refurbished Reuben Abati savouring the pecks of his new status as a citizen of the Government of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. God save us from these turncoats who once pretended to be part of us to our chagrin. Make we open our eyes to know them well because when the time reach when nothing go dey to chop, we no go miss these thieving rich people to chop.
Re: Sahara Reporters To Abati: You Lied by Rad1cal: 8:54am On Jan 30, 2012
the herd are here hating while other people are moving forward

Sowore the pig shiet reporter
Re: Sahara Reporters To Abati: You Lied by Nobody: 8:56am On Jan 30, 2012
Rad1cal:

the herd are here hating while other people are moving forward

Sowore the pig shiet reporter

[img]http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQPU6Ot7I-LG9P76zMKL7zOqBOf96ex57sA5gZ7smwJdaMXnL18[/img]
Re: Sahara Reporters To Abati: You Lied by pek(m): 9:04am On Jan 30, 2012
Have a friend who works at the airport and he told me of the DAME's exodus before this story broke. Shaharareports won my heart thd way they report the fuel subsidy issue coupled with the president's press releases.
Re: Sahara Reporters To Abati: You Lied by Nobody: 9:07am On Jan 30, 2012
pek:

Have a friend who works at the airport and he told me of the DAME's exodus before this story broke. Shaharareports won my heart thd way they report the fuel subsidy issue coupled with the president's press releases.

No mind them.

[flash=300,300]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7d7jLbRwt4?version=3&hl=en_US[/flash]
Re: Sahara Reporters To Abati: You Lied by CuteTj(m): 9:14am On Jan 30, 2012
The fact that someone is being untruthful here should be the main issue and that we must not ignore. Until Abati releases the list of those in company of the First Lady, he is the one being untruthful in this case.
Re: Sahara Reporters To Abati: You Lied by prodam(m): 9:18am On Jan 30, 2012
only a fool would argue for Jonathan or the inglorious special adviser.
the solution to this problem is simple and not far fetched, a conversation is going on already and a question that requires an answer has been put forward for Prof. Abati, Let him answer,

Prof. Abati himself knows better that superfluous use of the country's resources is an habitual act in Nigeria.
Finally, the credibility and reliability of the news produced by Sahara reporters is definitely laudable and if otherwise Prof.Abati, a renowned media man will not be keen about the news reported, afterall many other new papers have write-ups and news that defeat and challenge the credibility of Abati himself as a result of his involvement in corruption, which he has turned deaf hears to.
Re: Sahara Reporters To Abati: You Lied by norrisman: 9:18am On Jan 30, 2012
Reuben Abati's work was regularly published on Saharareporters before he crossed over to the other (winning) side.
Re: Sahara Reporters To Abati: You Lied by PresidentT(m): 9:19am On Jan 30, 2012
Mr President has again shown how insincere his administration is. Obviously, his guilt-plait mindset and purposeless agenda get complicated with the likes of Abati. While I feel SR on this, it equally sadden one's mind knowing that this Sowore might not be different if giving the same spoke's person position. Abati was more critical and analytical in his good old days.
Re: Sahara Reporters To Abati: You Lied by gregg2: 9:20am On Jan 30, 2012
If I were Abati, I would not waste my time
responding to this Sahara Reporters guy again.

Sawore and his abracadabra reporting is a scammer.
These guys are just receiving undeserved attention
from the presidency.

I heard their graphic design (photoshop) guy is
threatening to resigned over poor wages.
Re: Sahara Reporters To Abati: You Lied by Detongue: 9:25am On Jan 30, 2012
SR, u lied. U re known for misinformation. Ur intention is to break Nig with ur malicious report. Shame on u
Re: Sahara Reporters To Abati: You Lied by Lasinoh: 9:26am On Jan 30, 2012
Watching 'sinema'!
Is it just the 'weed' or is it something else added to it?
I think we all know who stole Baba Suwe's cocaine from the 'shyting poe'!
Re: Sahara Reporters To Abati: You Lied by BabaEleko(m): 9:29am On Jan 30, 2012
Lasinoh:

Watching 'sinema'!
Is it just the 'weed' or is it something else added to it?

How u take know this guy? shocked I'm smoking weed while getting the baddest head from ur mother and sister. grin tongue grin
Re: Sahara Reporters To Abati: You Lied by werepeLeri: 9:30am On Jan 30, 2012
I think Sowore smokes igbo - even if you have a point, no need to be rude about it. The President is on an official mission - you called it a junket. You need to watch how this same Sowore was rude to Fashola in London sometimes back.

The igbo he smokes is getting into his brain bit by bit.
Re: Sahara Reporters To Abati: You Lied by Lasinoh: 9:37am On Jan 30, 2012
Hmmmmmmm!
I need to try this Igbo I tellya.
Re: Sahara Reporters To Abati: You Lied by prodam(m): 9:50am On Jan 30, 2012
gregg2:

If I were Abati, I would not waste my time
responding to this Sahara Reporters guy again.

Sawore and his abracadabra reporting is a scammer.
These guys are just receiving undeserved attention
from the presidency.

I heard their graphic design (photoshop) guy is
threatening to resigned over poor wages.

resign
Re: Sahara Reporters To Abati: You Lied by jethro2: 9:52am On Jan 30, 2012
Sahara Reporters did a good job by challenging Abati. Our government has always been known for wasteful expenditures. If each and every journalist can be putting the government on their toe like this, there might been some change. Atleast they know the people are watching. Sure Abati must be cooking some other defence strategy
Re: Sahara Reporters To Abati: You Lied by BabaO2: 9:53am On Jan 30, 2012
Abeg make Jonathan find small money gif this Sowore dude make we hia word.
Na so that Rueben Abati take start.
This Sahara Reporters needs to just shut down for a while I swear.
Nigerian matters are very boring I tellya.
The same merry-go-round year in, year out.
Gosh! Angry

How does anyone expect a crook for the SS. . . IJAWLAND for that matter to tell a single truth in his life?

Please, Sowore or whaareva you call yourself. . . stop wasting your time and mind your 'diaporan' business. People who really wanno change Nigeria should do so from Nigeria. Till then, you are no better than any of us. . . an armchair critic!
Thank you.  Kiss
Must you read it?
Re: Sahara Reporters To Abati: You Lied by Kakatazz(f): 10:02am On Jan 30, 2012
I like this grin. Okay let me get serious,I think its the nicest thing to happen in a true democracy when you have the government being challenged for frugal spending of tax payers money.Nigerians have heard and seen all that has happened and still happening in it's governement.It's though to provide social amenities,infrastructure etc but easier to spend and loot from the treasury in broad day light.That reminds me, why is no one saying anything about the LOOTED monies discovered in ADOKE's numerous accounts?Why is Deziani still running the show despite the numerous scandals trailing her?
Re: Sahara Reporters To Abati: You Lied by Kakatazz(f): 10:02am On Jan 30, 2012
I like this grin. Okay let me get serious,I think its the nicest thing to happen in a true democracy when you have the government being challenged for excessive spending of tax payers money.Nigerians have heard and seen all that has happened and still happening in it's governement.It's though to provide social amenities,infrastructure etc but easier to spend and loot from the treasury in broad day light.That reminds me, why is no one saying anything about the LOOTED monies discovered in ADOKE's numerous accounts?Why is Deziani still running the show despite the numerous scandals trailing her?
Re: Sahara Reporters To Abati: You Lied by DrummaBoy(m): 10:23am On Jan 30, 2012
Reading the posts on this thread it is either Nigerians do not know who their enemies really are or Beaf, werepeleri and Jmaine have recruited more than the twenty guys we heard of, to counter every anti-jonathan-policy thread.
Whatever the case Good will triumph over evil eventually.

Mr Abati we await the list!
Re: Sahara Reporters To Abati: You Lied by BashMe1(m): 10:33am On Jan 30, 2012
eGuerrilla:

No mind them.

[flash=300,300]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7d7jLbRwt4?version=3&hl=en_US[/flash]

eGuerrilla, I personally find u the best so far on this thread, May u live long. As for SaharaReporters, keep up d gud work of exposin' dem. However, Sowore i commend ur bravery to have disrupted dat stupid Townhall meeting dat d retardees staged amidst d protest heat then. NLs shud once again listen to El Dee's "I Go Yarn". Leg Out!
Re: Sahara Reporters To Abati: You Lied by jethro2: 10:39am On Jan 30, 2012
We should encourage those that have the courage to speak out and not demoralise them, @ kakatazz. We are still waiting for the president to do something. Hopefully something good might crops up. Joining the que for Abati's entourage list
Re: Sahara Reporters To Abati: You Lied by werepeLeri: 10:50am On Jan 30, 2012
DrummaBoy:

Reading the posts on this thread it is either Nigerians do not know who their enemies really are or Beaf, werepeleri and Jmaine have recruited more than the twenty guys we heard of, to counter every anti-jonathan-policy thread.
Whatever the case Good will triumph over evil eventually.

Mr Abati we await the list!

Hey pig. Be mindful how you mention my name, I am not one of those you can mess with. I am minding my business, so, please, for the sake of peace, mind yours.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

President Buhari Commissions Karu International Market In Lafia, Nasarawa State / Buhari: Live Within Your Means & Damn The Consequences - President To Supporters / Politicians Buying PVCs In Opponents’ Strongholds In Northern Nigeria - Tribune

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.