Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,559 members, 7,812,815 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:48 PM

Al Mustapha Death Sentence: Its Long Overdue. Hafsat Abiola - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Al Mustapha Death Sentence: Its Long Overdue. Hafsat Abiola (4488 Views)

How Sani Abacha Died…AL Mustapha. NOT BY APPLE / Read Hafsat Abiola's Open Letter To The Nigerian President / Al Mustapha Freed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Al Mustapha Death Sentence: Its Long Overdue. Hafsat Abiola by adegeorge(m): 11:23am On Jan 31, 2012
Hafsat Abiola-Costello Says on Channels TV that Al-Mustapha’s Death Sentence Ruling Is “Long Overdue”- Hafsat Abiola-Costello is the daughter of the murdered Pro-Democracy activist, Alhaja Kudirat Abiola.

While responding to the decision of the court of the death sentence handed down to Major Hamza Al-Mustapha who was accused of ordering the death of her mother, she overwhelmingly described the sentence as a judgment and victory for Nigerians, stating that it was long overdue.

Al-Mustapha and his accomplice, Lateef Sofolahan were sentenced to death by hanging until they are confirmed dead, after been convicted of the murder of Mrs. Kudirat Abiola along the Lagos Ibadan express way.

Mrs Abiola who had believed in her husband’s victory in the June 12th Presidential election became a strong voice for the voiceless during the late General Sani Abacha’s regime, and as such became a threat to the government.

In a move to stop her from getting the international attention she was getting as at the time, the Chief Security Officer to the late Dictator ordered for her killing through Sgt. Rogers. She was assassinated along the Lagos/Ibadan express way on 4 June 1996.

Al-Mustapha, the former Chief Security Officer to the late Head of State, General Sani Abacha, as well as Lateef Sofolahan, the protocol officer of the late Kudirat have both been kept in jail for a 12-year-long trial which culminated into a death sentence yesterday.

Hafsat Abiola affirmed that the judgment has further confirmed the judiciary as the last hope of the Nigerian masses.

The deceased daughter, who spoke to Channels Television in Abeokuta, believed there had been “no doubt” of Al-Mustapha’s involvement in her mother’s untimely death, reiterating that it brings the end their continuous grieve.

http://dailypost.com.ng/2012/01/31/judgment-long-overdue-hafsat-abiola-costello/
Re: Al Mustapha Death Sentence: Its Long Overdue. Hafsat Abiola by Wily2wily: 11:48am On Jan 31, 2012
Hafsat, come.
But your father Abiola stole Nigeria Money and you have not found it overdue to refund those Billions, but u are somewhere enjoying that stolen wealth while owners of that money(Nigerians) are dieing in poverty, Thank God Hausa/Fulani killed your Thief Father, if not Abiola could have sold off Nigeria
Re: Al Mustapha Death Sentence: Its Long Overdue. Hafsat Abiola by Wily2wily: 3:41pm On Jan 31, 2012
May Abiola rot in Hell Fire for causing hardship to Nigerians, until the Children of Abiola returns Nigeria Money their father stole, Abiola Family will never ever see Peace
Re: Al Mustapha Death Sentence: Its Long Overdue. Hafsat Abiola by Nobody: 4:09pm On Jan 31, 2012
Wily2wily:

May Abiola rot in Hell Fire for causing hardship to Nigerians, until the Children of Abiola returns Nigeria Money their father stole, Abiola Family will never ever see Peace

You are taking your very first steps into insanity.
Re: Al Mustapha Death Sentence: Its Long Overdue. Hafsat Abiola by TEEGBE: 1:58pm On Feb 01, 2012
@ Wily2wily- Are u alrgt, am sure u are on drugs , nonsence talk angry
Re: Al Mustapha Death Sentence: Its Long Overdue. Hafsat Abiola by stagger: 2:00pm On Feb 01, 2012
TEEGBE:

@ Wily2wily- Are u alrgt, am sure u are on drugs , nonsence talk angry

No mind am. E be like say im sef wan join Al-Mustapha dem.
Re: Al Mustapha Death Sentence: Its Long Overdue. Hafsat Abiola by mobf: 2:15pm On Feb 01, 2012
So Al-mustapha will hang while Bankole and Nafada walk the streets as free men? People are such hypocrites. i remember that one of Abiola's wife was actually supporting Abacha to become president for life, what about the son who continued to do business with IBB and Co?ow many people know the story of Abiola's wealth?,  let the dead stay dead, Abiola was no saint
Re: Al Mustapha Death Sentence: Its Long Overdue. Hafsat Abiola by aljharem(m): 2:24pm On Feb 01, 2012
mobf:

So Al-mustapha will hang while Bankole and Nafada walk the streets as free men? People are such hypocrites. i remember that one of Abiola's wife was actually supporting Abacha to become president for life, what about the son who continued to do business with IBB and Co?ow many people know the story of Abiola's wealth?,  let the dead stay dead, Abiola was no saint

1. Did Bankole and Nafada kill anyone ? Or was their change murder ?

2. Abiola's wife if any was simplely afriad and thus would support the dictator. Diya that did not support the dictator was almost killed. Saro wiwa that did not support Abacha was killed immediately. These people did not kill anyone.

3. Tell us about abiola's wealth

4. Can a man kill you father and ur mother and you would say the murderer should go free ? Would you ?

what caused the civil war ? Sarduna and Akintola were kill while Nnmadi escaped that was the reason Nigeria fought a civil war and Nzegwo even though he had good intentions for this country was killed immediately

You can not keep doing double standards

How can a murderer be set free ? Only in Nigeria.
Re: Al Mustapha Death Sentence: Its Long Overdue. Hafsat Abiola by mobf: 2:54pm On Feb 01, 2012
^ Trust me Alhaji, he can die ten times for all i care, i am not advocating that the sentence be reversed. I'm merely stating the obvious: the sheer hypocrisy that abounds with us is just something else. I would not tell you about Abiola's wealth, I'm sure you're capable of doing that yourself.
lest i forget, wasn't the elder Belgore the same errand boy for the PDP machinery?
Nigeria my country!
Re: Al Mustapha Death Sentence: Its Long Overdue. Hafsat Abiola by chuqudy(m): 3:20pm On Feb 01, 2012
He is long overdue for hanging to death along with all other northern moslims
Re: Al Mustapha Death Sentence: Its Long Overdue. Hafsat Abiola by belovedaja(m): 3:29pm On Feb 01, 2012
When will dis country divide 4 GOD sake
Re: Al Mustapha Death Sentence: Its Long Overdue. Hafsat Abiola by airmark(m): 3:54pm On Feb 01, 2012
Wily2wily:

grin grin grin
I don't know under which weather you will ever make sense in your posts. Dry or rainy season, you always spit s.hits. Don't blame Abiola for your present predicament. Never lose hope, you can still make it in life.  wink wink wink
Re: Al Mustapha Death Sentence: Its Long Overdue. Hafsat Abiola by sheyguy: 3:57pm On Feb 01, 2012
mobf:

^ Trust me Alhaji, he can die ten times for all i care, i am not advocating that the sentence be reversed. I'm merely stating the obvious: the sheer hypocrisy that abounds with us is just something else. I would not tell you about Abiola's wealth, I'm sure you're capable of doing that yourself.
lest i forget, wasn't the elder Belgore the same errand boy for the PDP machinery?
Nigeria my country!
Mr. Mobf stop being sympathetic, even if Abiola stole Nigeria's money that does not give al-mustapha the right to get involve in killing him, are Abiola or Kudirat the only pple who stole from Nigeria? From the look of things, u r the one who is being a hyprocrite here.
If anyone has a thing against the Abiolas i think the law permits him / her to report them for investigation any time and not just when their killers are about to be hanged.
Its a very nice judgement.
Re: Al Mustapha Death Sentence: Its Long Overdue. Hafsat Abiola by mobf: 5:07pm On Feb 01, 2012
sheyguy:

Mr. Mobf stop being sympathetic, even if Abiola stole Nigeria's money that does not give al-mustapha the right to get involve in killing him, are Abiola or Kudirat the only pple who stole from Nigeria? From the look of things, u r the one who is being a hyprocrite here.
If anyone has a thing against the Abiolas i think the law permits him / her to report them for investigation any time and not just when their killers are about to be hanged.
Its a very nice judgement.
Read my post again and tell me where i'm being sympathetic. this time try putting on your glasses ok? wink
Re: Al Mustapha Death Sentence: Its Long Overdue. Hafsat Abiola by sheyguy: 5:57pm On Feb 01, 2012
mobf:

Read my post again and tell me where i'm being sympathetic. this time try putting on your glasses ok? wink
may be u shld remove ethnic-bigotry shade then from ur eyes then. If u had done that then u wouldnt be attacking the character of a man that was murdered but his murderer first.
Re: Al Mustapha Death Sentence: Its Long Overdue. Hafsat Abiola by danielonyisi(m): 6:01pm On Feb 01, 2012
on power,he was killing.now he will also be killed.
Re: Al Mustapha Death Sentence: Its Long Overdue. Hafsat Abiola by Nobody: 6:14pm On Feb 01, 2012
they should hang that nigger already. only God never looses his power if ur in power today tomorrow u might loose it, and you'll be brought to justice
Re: Al Mustapha Death Sentence: Its Long Overdue. Hafsat Abiola by mobf: 8:21pm On Feb 01, 2012
sheyguy:

may be u shld remove ethnic-bigotry shade then from ur eyes then. If u had done that then u wouldnt be attacking the character of a man that was murdered but his murderer first.
Lord of war! wetin bring ethnic bigotry again kwa. You sabi wia i come from? I have my opinion about Al-mustapha , Abiola and Belgore. i force am down your throat? i said my piece about hypocrisy and you jumped in saying i was the hypocrite. Guy free me abeg,
Re: Al Mustapha Death Sentence: Its Long Overdue. Hafsat Abiola by humblebee: 12:56pm On Feb 02, 2012
Wily2wily:

wat a waste

(1) (Reply)

The Six Count Charge Against Sylva / NSCDC Boss Escape Assassination Attempt By Police Inspector / Opinion: Increased Power Supply, Pipeline Vandalism And The Weather

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.