Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,002 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:22 AM

Is It Harder For A Man Or A Woman To Find A Good Partner? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Harder For A Man Or A Woman To Find A Good Partner? (7200 Views)

What Are Subtle Signs That Someone Isn't A Good Partner? / 7 Qualities Of A Good Partner / Why Is It Harder For Men To Forgive Infidelity? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Harder For A Man Or A Woman To Find A Good Partner? by Princek12(m): 7:20pm On Jan 31, 2012
I wanna know your thoughts.
Re: Is It Harder For A Man Or A Woman To Find A Good Partner? by kokoye(m): 7:23pm On Jan 31, 2012
wow,

cant say , not sure the issue is gender-specific

1 Like

Re: Is It Harder For A Man Or A Woman To Find A Good Partner? by Acidosis(m): 9:24pm On Jan 31, 2012
it is easier for a man to get a wife,
Re: Is It Harder For A Man Or A Woman To Find A Good Partner? by omega25red(m): 9:31pm On Jan 31, 2012
it is equally difficult for a man and a woman to find a "GOOD partner

men might be able to find women easily because there are more women than men on earth but finding a good one is an ordeal same for women it is hard to find a man who is just not trying to Bleep em and leave em so it's hard
Re: Is It Harder For A Man Or A Woman To Find A Good Partner? by Nobody: 9:47pm On Jan 31, 2012
@OP
it all depends on ATTRIBUTES, rather than GENDER. if the person is either ugly, dumb, mean or dirty etc, then it will be harder for them to attract anyone.
Re: Is It Harder For A Man Or A Woman To Find A Good Partner? by claremont(m): 9:58pm On Jan 31, 2012
If there are more women on earth than men, then purely based on statistics alone, it is rational to argue that it is easier for a man to find a good partner when compared to a woman.
Re: Is It Harder For A Man Or A Woman To Find A Good Partner? by Killz3(m): 11:47pm On Jan 31, 2012
Is it harder for a man or a woman to find a partner? = Woman!

Is it harder for a man or a woman to find a good partner? = Equally difficult!

1 Like

Re: Is It Harder For A Man Or A Woman To Find A Good Partner? by Nobody: 12:05am On Feb 01, 2012
claremont:

If there are more women on earth than men, then purely based on statistics alone, it is rational to argue that it is easier for a man to find a good partner when compared to a woman.

do you really believe that? when you walk around, do you actually feel that there are 7 women to a man in your community (like the statistics claims)?
the only time i (MBJ) felt like that was in China, where it is clearly apparent that there are more available women than men. apart from there, i have always felt that it was a 50/50 split when it came to women vs men in the community.
Re: Is It Harder For A Man Or A Woman To Find A Good Partner? by MrsChima1(f): 11:38am On Feb 01, 2012
Attributes are out the window these days, many ugly, bad body, dirty, and uncouth men and women are in relationships or married.

It is a person's choice in partners. Some people just don't know how to pick quality over quantity.
Re: Is It Harder For A Man Or A Woman To Find A Good Partner? by Dujardin(m): 1:06pm On Feb 01, 2012
"hard" is so harsh to use in this case, I'd like to use a better word, so i'll settle with "a little difficult"
Here, we are talking of someone u will spend d rest of ur lofe with, a decision that can change ur life for the better, good, bad or worse. This conditions makes it complicated to find a partner.
Re: Is It Harder For A Man Or A Woman To Find A Good Partner? by slimyem: 1:10pm On Feb 01, 2012
its hard for both genders abeg!
Infact,its generally hard to find a good person in this world.
Re: Is It Harder For A Man Or A Woman To Find A Good Partner? by Dujardin(m): 1:12pm On Feb 01, 2012
Back then in our teenage age, both boys and girls find it easy to get a new bf/gf. The older we become, the lesser the possibility of getting a partner bcoz, there is a significant increase in taste to what we want out of life.
Re: Is It Harder For A Man Or A Woman To Find A Good Partner? by eghost247(m): 1:13pm On Feb 01, 2012
equally diffcult
Re: Is It Harder For A Man Or A Woman To Find A Good Partner? by Wislet(f): 1:15pm On Feb 01, 2012
For BOTH it could be real hard to.

BUT, harder goes to the Men.

Reason: if a man(the sane ones I mean) truly loves a lady, he does away with every other girl to make her his one.
For ladies(some), you can't vouch. She has to be truly disciplined to resist the sweet tongued devils that will wanna turn her mind everyday.
Re: Is It Harder For A Man Or A Woman To Find A Good Partner? by freecocoa(f): 1:18pm On Feb 01, 2012
It can't be attributed to a particular gender joor,me thinks its 50\50 even though I believe that there are more women than men in the world.
Re: Is It Harder For A Man Or A Woman To Find A Good Partner? by Toktee(m): 1:22pm On Feb 01, 2012
Who said it is difficult to find a partner,just dress fine with little cash u dont need to approach a woman they will approach you.u can experiment
Re: Is It Harder For A Man Or A Woman To Find A Good Partner? by Nobody: 1:26pm On Feb 01, 2012
MRbrownJAY:

@OP
it all depends on ATTRIBUTES, rather than GENDER. if the person is either ugly, dumb, mean or dirty etc, then it will be harder  for them to attract anyone.

Spot on.

A guy who is dirty, easily prone to anger, and has head, the size of a basket ball, will find it hard to attract a female. same goes for a lady who snores, is dirty, gossips and

rains insults at every provocative instance. It isn't a gender thing, more of a personality thingy.

Cheers!
Re: Is It Harder For A Man Or A Woman To Find A Good Partner? by Nobody: 1:27pm On Feb 01, 2012
MRbrownJAY:

do you really believe that? when you walk around, do you actually feel that there are 7 women to a man in your community (like the statistics claims)?
the only time i (MBJ) felt like that was in China, where it is clearly apparent that there are more available women than men. apart from there, i have always felt that it was a 50/50 split when it came to women vs men in the community.

You really think it possible that there would be a 50/50 men-women split all over the world, except in China? Really?
That'd be too much of a statistical improbablity, don't you think?
On this matter, I do not think there's any concrete conclusion. Men and women are as good as they may come, and finding a good partner as a man or a woman is pretty much left to the person in search. However, I think it's fair to tolerate the little probablity that, given their relative sensitivity, there are many more women who seek to marry than there are men. This is probably enough to tilt the difficulty in finding a partner towards the women folk  undecided
Re: Is It Harder For A Man Or A Woman To Find A Good Partner? by babaowo: 2:34pm On Feb 01, 2012
I thot is luck and well behave manner, i.e if you good you find someone good aswell.
Re: Is It Harder For A Man Or A Woman To Find A Good Partner? by Nobody: 2:40pm On Feb 01, 2012
sauer:

You really think it possible that there would be a 50/50 men-women split all over the world, except in China? Really?
On this matter, I do not think there's any concrete conclusion. Men and women are as good as they may come, and finding a good partner as a man or a woman is pretty much left to the person in search. However, I think it's fair to tolerate the little probablity that, given their relative sensitivity, there are many more women who seek to marry than there are men. This is probably enough to tilt the difficulty in finding a partner towards the women folk  undecided

Beautifully said
Re: Is It Harder For A Man Or A Woman To Find A Good Partner? by Nobody: 2:44pm On Feb 01, 2012
Finding a good partner depends on the person looking for the partner. For some it is easy cos they have their priorities right while for others it is an arduous task.
Re: Is It Harder For A Man Or A Woman To Find A Good Partner? by Dirac(m): 2:44pm On Feb 01, 2012
It is way harder for a man, because in most cases, men do the approaching and always  have to face the possibility of rejection
Re: Is It Harder For A Man Or A Woman To Find A Good Partner? by Nobody: 2:47pm On Feb 01, 2012
Toktee:

Who said it is difficult to find a partner,just dress fine with little cash u dont need to approach a woman they will approach you.u can experiment

What to take note of is " GOOD " and not just partner.
Re: Is It Harder For A Man Or A Woman To Find A Good Partner? by Flashaldrin(m): 3:27pm On Feb 01, 2012
sauer:

supported
Re: Is It Harder For A Man Or A Woman To Find A Good Partner? by chuqudy(m): 3:31pm On Feb 01, 2012
It is harder for a woman. Why? Because, a man who knows what he wants goes for it and may get it or not. But a woman would be shy to approach a man she likes. Most women do their selection from the number of men that approached them for relationship while men have an infinite number of women to approach as much as they(men) wants.
QED
Re: Is It Harder For A Man Or A Woman To Find A Good Partner? by fred2265: 4:46pm On Feb 01, 2012
Re: Is It Harder For A Man Or A Woman To Find A Good Partner? by pendo89(f): 4:59pm On Feb 01, 2012
There's no def answer,as it actually depends on what you are looking for in the partner.
Truth is, everybody has somebody that suits him perfectly so I don't think there's any problem seeking ur type.
Each mad man has his own mad woman waiting so,nobody ought to be without a partner.
Re: Is It Harder For A Man Or A Woman To Find A Good Partner? by IZUKWU(m): 5:33pm On Feb 01, 2012
I don't know where you got your figures but at least in nigeria from the last two census ,there are more males in this country than females. To every club and party, i ve been to there are more male than females.
Re: Is It Harder For A Man Or A Woman To Find A Good Partner? by LesbianBoy(m): 5:34pm On Feb 01, 2012
pendo89:

There's no def answer,as it actually depends on what you are looking for in the partner.
Truth is, everybody has somebody that suits him perfectly so I don't think there's any problem seeking ur type.
Each mad man has his own mad woman waiting so,nobody ought to  be without a partner.

pendooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo i love youuuuuuuuuu THANKS FOR YESTERDAY kiss kiss

(1) (2) (Reply)

That Akward Moment When God Decide To Punish U Girls!! / Lagos Weather Right Now Is For Two.....or More / Man Hold Backside Of His Beautiful Fiancée In Lovely Pre-wedding Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.